User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 7 Feb 2006, 20:38   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
An Alliances Column

I'm not sure why there isn't one already, actually.

In the Planet area of the Universe page, could another column be added for "Alliance"?

I know this should strictly go in Suggestions, but I get the impression that'd for next round, and I'm sure that this could be implemented relatively easily.

In the alliance column, would simply show up the planets alliance.

The Alliance would be able to decide whether the alliances name was public or not (so most would only reveal all their planet at the end).

It'd sure make it easier for everyone to see.

Plus it might make it interesting, as some might be cockier than others and tag up early, showing off all their top planets.

Is it hard to do? I don't know much (anything) about coding, but I wouldn't have thought it is, surely?
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 20:45   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: An Alliances Column

sounds good to be honest, and would be another form of tagging up I guess (also if they could implement it for this round )
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 20:54   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is the best idea since some roderick thorp thought "What if I call him John McClane and he's physically indestructible?"
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 03:07   #4
Teargas
Aberrant Shadows

Teargas will become famous soon enoughTeargas will become famous soon enough

Back in the day if someone was in the same galaxy and the same alliance as you it would display an astertick or something in the galaxy page. Or at least that's what I think was around then.

Round 2-10: None
Round 15-16: [BIG]
IRC: Tchort / Frank
Teargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 03:08   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i believe if alliance HC wish they can put an "A" by all alliances, however what tk is talking about is an alliance name on the uni page, switched on/off by HC, I cant see it being used until the end but would still be interesting never the less
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 08:34   #6
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
i believe if alliance HC wish they can put an "A" by all alliances,
Yes, they can, and when I suddenly had lots of A's everywhere I had no idea what it meant. So pm me for all Angels coords!

I like the idea, if it's not too hard. Might want to make it possible to display alliance nick as well?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 15:15   #7
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Seems a nice little improvement
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 16:48   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If there were an option, by default it'd have to be off - otherwise new alliances would accidently give away their planets on the universe page.

As all the other pages are currently 800x600 format, it'd be a bit strange to break that format for one page, and as such there's not enough room for extra columns as suggested.
What's been suggested in the past, and might be better, is on the last tick if the planet name is changed to the alliance nick, and the ruler name is changed to the alliance?
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 18:43   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've always been in favour of that, as long as a record of planet/ruler names is kept saved as well.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 20:31   #10
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

One problem with the idea is that I think the universe pages are generated at the start of every tick to avoid heavy load on the server. To check the alliance of the person viewing the page and all 100 planets on the page would make more load. I suspect that is the problem (coupled with it making it a minor pain in the arse to code).
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 01:47   #11
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
One problem with the idea is that I think the universe pages are generated at the start of every tick to avoid heavy load on the server. To check the alliance of the person viewing the page and all 100 planets on the page would make more load. I suspect that is the problem (coupled with it making it a minor pain in the arse to code).
From what I gathered, the initial request was that alliances were allowed to reveal their tag on their top 100 planets at any point during the game - this would be done quite simply by generating an extra column each tick, and shouldn't be too troublesome.

As for what it seems you're suggesting, the alliance checking issue on each planet, the check would actually just check each of the planets when the page is loaded (if alliance of planet = viewing planet's alliance, stick an A there)
etc. I don't think it'd cause a huge amount of extra load - it's already done in a similar method for planets in the same galaxy, iirc. (no one in 1:1 is ever in the top 100 after tick 50 or so, so I never notice).
The A/R on the universe screen actually on the todo list, btw
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 01:47   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Damn you Bashar you post deleter!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:15   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sorry to bump this, but would it be difficult to change the "Change" column in the Planets page to "Alliances" for the end of the round?

On the final tick noone cares what the change was - but we'll all care who's alliance is who.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 20:58   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I love that idea TK
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:39   #15
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
If there were an option, by default it'd have to be off - otherwise new alliances would accidently give away their planets on the universe page.

As all the other pages are currently 800x600 format, it'd be a bit strange to break that format for one page, and as such there's not enough room for extra columns as suggested.
What's been suggested in the past, and might be better, is on the last tick if the planet name is changed to the alliance nick, and the ruler name is changed to the alliance?
Great idea, but rather Ruler name --> alliance nick / Planet name --> alliance name.

mazzelar of [1up]

etc.

Just first nick that popped up in my head ;X

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote