User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 13:54   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Community Rep(s)

This should almost be in Planetarion Suggestions, really
Carried over from the CH log -
Quote:
<CH_Bot> (Q 10): <Smudge> There have been a number of Community Initiatives, such as the one alch spear headed, to try and improve the game for new players. Are there any plans for these sorts of things to be headlined by PA Team / Helpers or is it up to the community to act in an unofficial manner
<Appocomaster> at the moment, I don't think that we're going to be starting anything up
<Appocomaster> as most of our efforts are directed into PAN and related issues
<Appocomaster> while I'd like to see perhaps one or two people, whether pa team, mh, support team or just members of the community, acting as liasons between the community and everyone else, and making sure that the community's ideas and desires aren't completely neglected, a few people have told me that this has already happened and didn't work out, so that may not work
<Appocomaster> I'd like to see more happening in the community - I know that someone was planning, for example, to rent a CS:S server from Jolt and have it for Planetarion players if they wanted to play together
<Appocomaster> and people are welcome to come up with suggestions - there's a few graphics discussions going on at the moment on the forums, which are great
Basically, it's someone / a couple of people who are willing to represent the "community's" views on anything and everything, from game development to how support is done and multihunting. They could also optionally "sort out" the portal (including doing things like announcements ), and help to arrange community activities.

I was planning on having some sort of poll with all the members of the support team / multihunter team / pa team + whoever puts themselves forward to see who (at least those visiting the forum) would like to represent them - the poll would take place at the beginning of Round 16 and we'll put it on the MOTD (we could also do it in a more similiar way to the pink questionnaire we did!)

I wanted to know who thinks it's a good idea, and who wants to put themselves forward for it?
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 13:57   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Community Rep(s)

I'm more than happy to put my name forward for it, I've got the spare time on my hands.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 15:05   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I disagree with this option really. This generally could be viewed as another "area" to pass in order to get to the people doing the changes and running the game in general. The way we have it now, where everyone can put forward things and have an open debate about stuff is good. The more decisions taking place in pm's and in rooms where people doesnt have the access is unfortunate. Also, if theese people were to be, they would have to be either totally neutral or totally unbiased against things if there is a community suggestion, the person should present this on a good and neutral way, not just slap something together if he happens to disagree with it.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 15:12   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I disagree with this option really. This generally could be viewed as another "area" to pass in order to get to the people doing the changes and running the game in general. The way we have it now, where everyone can put forward things and have an open debate about stuff is good. The more decisions taking place in pm's and in rooms where people doesnt have the access is unfortunate. Also, if theese people were to be, they would have to be either totally neutral or totally unbiased against things if there is a community suggestion, the person should present this on a good and neutral way, not just slap something together if he happens to disagree with it.
I think the idea is partly to reduce PATeam's workload, we are a small team with limited time as well all work full time or are at uni etc. So we don;t have time to kepe abreast of everything going on in the community. As such I'd welcome someone in this position especially someone from the parts of the community that generally do disagree with us.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 16:51   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

go go gadget popularity contest.

by now, i'd hope you know who's worth listening to in the community...

oh. would this post involve an nda?
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 16:53   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If it involves the same NDA that I was asked to sign for PAN (and refused to do so), then no-one should even consider it. The NDA's ridiculously wide and goes far beyond anything that was needed (especially for PAN development).
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 16:53   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
oh. would this post involve an nda?
In that we haven't decided if its a good idea and therefore what the extent of it would be its hard to say.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:29   #8
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Ack. Good idea to have reps, bad idea to recruit them in this way. I see people going for it for ego purposes, getting the job and then doing sweet FA.

If you want this sort of thing, the best way is using alliance HC, and getting them to more actively speak with their members about what thoughts they have for the advancement of PA. You can pretty much guarantee that members within an alliance would have similar views, as each alliance has its own style, and members who don't suit that style don't tend to be in the alliance very long. This splits the community up into like-minded players and assigns them a rep without having to create any extra infrastructure. The only work needed is getting alliance HC's who are involved to be more active in this type of discussion with their members.

Whilst the idea presented at the start of the thread is a 'nice' way of doing it, and holds a lot of novelty as well as a feeling of making something new, I can't imagine it being effective in a practical way.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:31   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
by now, i'd hope you know who's worth listening to in the community...
I don't think it's a case of knowing, I think it's them wanting to have a 'refreshing change' or something similar.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:35   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Ack. Good idea to have reps, bad idea to recruit them in this way. I see people going for it for ego purposes, getting the job and then doing sweet FA.

If you want this sort of thing, the best way is using alliance HC, and getting them to more actively speak with their members about what thoughts they have for the advancement of PA. You can pretty much guarantee that members within an alliance would have similar views, as each alliance has its own style, and members who don't suit that style don't tend to be in the alliance very long. This splits the community up into like-minded players and assigns them a rep without having to create any extra infrastructure. The only work needed is getting alliance HC's who are involved to be more active in this type of discussion with their members.

Whilst the idea presented at the start of the thread is a 'nice' way of doing it, and holds a lot of novelty as well as a feeling of making something new, I can't imagine it being effective in a practical way.
we do talk to the alliance hcs, but some are more active than others. for example its 1up hcs activity in the alliance channel is normally pretty poor, menaing we don't generally get feedback on 1ups views.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:35   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree aswell here. I don't feel comfortable with the fact that some pple represent the entire community. I for one know I have my own views and I certainly don't want other pple the represent an opinion I don't share.

Also, and we see this with some board moderators aswell, asmuch as you wish to stay objective and avoid personal conflicts, personal interests or personal feelings, they will still be somewhat biassed. That's just the nature of PA. Everyone belongs to a group. Whether that's an alliance, a PA team or a moderator team ... you belong to a group and you'll be biassed.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:37   #12
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I think the idea rocks.

I also think Smudge would wtfpwn at the job.

Smudge for Rep!

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:38   #13
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

I think this should be just communitiy based, like the community sota elects their "megaphone" to the PA-Team. nothing other. The problem is to get ppl who are neutral (otherwise they could abuse the info they get) and many people should trust them, however I know a few of the ppl I described exist. I just wonder if they have the time to do this.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:40   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I think the idea is partly to reduce PATeam's workload, we are a small team with limited time as well all work full time or are at uni etc. So we don;t have time to kepe abreast of everything going on in the community. As such I'd welcome someone in this position especially someone from the parts of the community that generally do disagree with us.
I generally disagree with you and multihunters aren't my friends either (hi Phil^ hun)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:49   #15
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
we do talk to the alliance hcs, but some are more active than others. for example its 1up hcs activity in the alliance channel is normally pretty poor, menaing we don't generally get feedback on 1ups views.
I give opinions, I'm not in the channel, but I give them occasionally. And if you notice, I didn't say the current system was working as it should, I said that it just needs HC's to be persuaded to be more active, or maybe more HC to be involved from each alliance.

You don't need a new system, you just need to put some effort into making current one work a bit better.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 17:51   #16
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
That's just the nature of PA. Everyone belongs to a group. Whether that's an alliance, a PA team or a moderator team ... you belong to a group and you'll be biassed.
Hence alliance representation is best way, as the group you belong to and are biased towards (the one you most closely associate with) is represented. It seems the most representative way to me.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 20:02   #17
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Agreed with this part. I have seen many here (as usual) offering help and being oficially motivated to help, but i think those who actually invest and act helping dont need special channels or attention to do it.

I am negative on those efforts for helping noobs for simple reason: Some time ago i selected some i have read offering to help community in public and pmed them. Most didnt even bothered to answer me after even 24 hours. Had then some newplayer mates ingal to pm those helpful/worried members of the community. They didnt get any answer too. I know most HCs here dont bother to answer if they dont know the person is pming, prefer to ignore them. how this will work them? All this ppl willing to help will really bother to answer supposedly "stupid" questions from unknown pmers? I think not. What i learned is bunch of ppl who created channels to feel themselves special and then do some work to appear hard-worked and then "folk the noobs let them learn by themselves".
I still believe those who really are involved in helping do that silently without any spotlight

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 12:38   #18
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a bad idea.

At the moment we have everyone casting their view and opinions into a large tub and mixing it up. Ware as this is a bit more of an effort for the PA staff it means that all isues and discusions are tossed about by the member base and each 'goups' opions are forwarded on the matter

If we were to have singular reps the people who were doing the job would not be able to represent the community as a whole and thuse not be able to do their job properly. We have around 3k player base how a handful of people can effectivly represent all their views in an honest and fair manner is beyond me

#alliances is a damn good way to get feed back on new ideas and issues but so are the forums. Ware everyone have the right to cast the opnion on views for the whole community to analys.