User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:21   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
1UP winners of the free round (round 16) a given fact?

I again begin to wonder if this is the way PA is gonna be? eXil plays a round, then takes one off and 1up hops in and grabs the win.

Atm I dont see any real competitors to a 1up win and most of the 1up people I have talked to lately agrees with me that 1up will be a sure winner for round 16.

Question I am gonna ask, are the rest of the community satisfied with accepting this, or are there anyone around willing to go for the win in the free round.

With all the rumors about Elyisum returning for the free round (all registered old members have gotten an email about ELY returning) and alot of new alliances this round I think that 1up seems to have secured a win already.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:25   #2
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve
Re: 1UP winners of the free round (round 16) a given fact?

Good
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:26   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I heard the Peniz_Allianz is aiming for the top spot next round.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:27   #4
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

If only Sjor would let me join Angels...

But seriously, I have a feeling it'll all get down to whom creates the best block...
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:27   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Atm I dont see any real competitors to a 1up win and most of the 1up people I have talked to lately agrees with me that 1up will be a sure winner for round 16.

Question I am gonna ask, are the rest of the community satisfied with accepting this, or are there anyone around willing to go for the win in the free round.
You forgot about an alliance called Angels?
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:29   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Angels did lose some members to this new alliance thing called something.. I am ofc not sure how much this will affect Angels, but with also Ely returning Angels are bound to loose some members to theese two. 1up on the other hand seems to be cleaning out their closet and throwing out useless crap and putting in good players there instead.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:30   #7
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
You forgot about an alliance called Angels?
tbh Angels did an awesome job last round, but with (afaik) many Ministry guys quitting/moving (who are great roidracers) they sure could use a boost to stay in 1up's trail.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:32   #8
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve

just give up
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 01:49   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

DoS and Angels will co-operate to take down 1up but stop before 1up are killed off. They'll then start hitting each other, and 1up will roid to the win.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 02:59   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lets look at who is going to play shall we. From a realistic point of discussion we have 1up, Angels and LCH. These are going to be the big three supposedly. We also have New Dawn in the shadows and then there could be an alliance with ex dragons/exil in it coming up.

I would love for us to say 1up would win. It would make my life easier if we could all agree now that 1up will win, means that from tick 72 you can all give up, give us your roids and then thats that. However lets face it that wont happen. 1up iirc finished 5th last round. New Dawn 2nd. Angels 3rd. LCH 4th. I find it difficult why you would say that 1up would be the winners when there are 3 quality alliances who proved they were better than us last round.

Looking in our private room (a cookie for anyone who guesses the name) I dont see too many new faces. Fact is we are still pretty much the same alliance from last round minus 30 players. Unfortunately I think this thread is a good piece of propoganda. Of course 1up will be a threat, we always are. Hence why every round we receive a large proportion of incoming. However focussing solely on 1up is ok, but it ignores threats from other quarters.

LCH - Supposedly last round it was there rebuilding round. I think we can safely say they are rebuilt. As an alliance that consistently finishes at the top, and as an alliance that was rebuilding last round and finished above 1up, why shouldnt they be considered the potential as winners of round 16?

Angels - Angels are strong, Angels are stronger when they are smaller, this has been proved in round 12 and round 14. In round 15 Angels did recruit, maybe the people they recruited were like the old mercenaries that fang used to recruit, no actual loyalty hence when shit got tough, they threw in the towel. But a smaller, stream lined angels im sure will be a force to reckon with. We all know they have the command, tools, structure and core in place to mount a challenge to the top as we have seen in previous rounds.

Dos - Seems to be a strong proposition, we know what exil is capable of, and it seems many players come from that area. Maybe some could argue its exilition in different colours, I think ignoring such an alliance that has potential would be stupid.

New Dawn - Im getting mixed messages from New Dawn, supposedly they arent taking this round seriously, however as soon as the round begins they might look at it a bit differently. For an alliance which has finished 2nd, two rounds in a row (more consisitent than 1up, angels and LCH) why are we yet again ignoring the potential threat of ND. We know they are strong and last round they finished above Angels, LCH and 1up.

Finally lets look at alliances such as TGV, if you arent top 5 by x period, you can recruit to 80. So Kargool that means that if you fail to make top 5, you can pretty much keep you 80 players and then make a push up the ranks, 80 players vs 50 players is a considerable difference. The same applies for Subh and VGN. With these alliances getting better round by round and being able to keep a large memberbase, should we not see these alliances as a risk? They certainly had an impact on last round (especially subh pushing exil to #1)

Finally what about dragons/ldk etc. Its a free round. That means they dont have to pay. That means many of them might play. With this in mind whos to say new alliances wont form and fight together. I know for a fact that if I was playing p l a n e t i a, and saw that pa was a free round I would give it a crack, if not to prove that Im a better player.

So in conclusion, go ahead say 1up will be winners, but then you will just allow other alliances to come and kick your ass. This round wont be a walkover for anyone, infact it will be yet another close round with lots of alliances new and old hungry for a victory.

Last edited by pig; 12 Jan 2006 at 08:18.
pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 03:26   #11
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

It could be a very interresting round, The smaller the alliance limit, the easier it is for a group of people to throw an alliance together.

Most people who are capable of commanding an alliance effectively, could easily grab 50 people without much effort at all, especially as the round is free.

It changes the rules completely. even 40 really hard core, and cohesive players would pose a significant threat if they had a good command team, were subtle and had someone capable to run the politics for them.

I'll be watching this round with great interrest
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 04:17   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Lets look at who is going to play shall we. From a realistic point of discussion we have 1up, Angels and LCH. These are going to be the big three supposedly. We also have New Dawn in the shadows and then there could be an alliance with ex dragons/exil in it coming up.

I would love for us to say 1up would win. It would make my life easier if we could all agree now that 1up will win, means that from tick 72 you can all give up, give us your roids and then thats that. However lets face it that wont happen. 1up iirc finished 5th last round. New Dawn 2nd. Angels 3rd. LCH 4th. I find it difficult why you would say that 1up would be the winners when there are 3 quality alliances who proved they were better than us last round.

Looking in our private room (a cookie for anyone who guesses the name) I dont see too many new faces. Fact is we are still pretty much the same alliance from last round minus 30 players. Unfortunately I think this thread is a good piece of propoganda. Of course 1up will be a threat, we always are. Hence why every round we receive a large proportion of incoming. However focussing solely on 1up is ok, but it ignores threats from other quarters.

LCH - Supposedly last round it was there rebuilding round. I think we can safely say they are rebuilt. As an alliance that consistently finishes at the top, and as an alliance that was rebuilding last round and finished above 1up, why shouldnt they be considered the potential as winners of round 16?

Angels - Angels are strong, Angels are stronger when they are smaller, this has been proved in round 12 and round 14. In round 15 Angels did recruit, maybe the people they recruited were like the old mercenaries that fang used to recruit, no actual loyalty hence when shit got tough, they threw in the towel. But a smaller, stream lined angels im sure will be a force to reckon with. We all know they have the command, tools, structure and core in place to mount a challenge to the top as we have seen in previous rounds.

Dos - Seems to be a strong proposition, we know what exil is capable of, and it seems many players come from that area. Maybe some could argue its exilition in different colours, I think ignoring such an alliance that has potential would be stupid.

New Dawn - Im getting mixed messages from New Dawn, supposedly they arent taking this round seriously, however as soon as the round begins they might look at it a bit differently. For an alliance which has finished 2nd, two rounds in a row (more consisitent than 1up, angels and LCH) why are we yet again ignoring the potential threat of ND. We know they are strong and last round they finished above Angels, LCH and ND.

Finally lets look at alliances such as TGV, if you arent top 5 by x period, you can recruit to 80. So Kargool that means that if you fail to make top 5, you can pretty much keep you 80 players and then make a push up the ranks, 80 players vs 50 players is a considerable difference. The same applies for Subh and VGN. With these alliances getting better round by round and being able to keep a large memberbase, should we not see these alliances as a risk? They certainly had an impact on last round (especially subh pushing exil to #1)

Finally what about dragons/ldk etc. Its a free round. That means they dont have to pay. That means many of them might play. With this in mind whos to say new alliances wont form and fight together. I know for a fact that if I was playing p l a n e t i a, and saw that pa was a free round I would give it a crack, if not to prove that Im a better player.

So in conclusion, go ahead say 1up will be winners, but then you will just allow other alliances to come and kick your ass. This round wont be a walkover for anyone, infact it will be yet another close round with lots of alliances new and old hungry for a victory.
Sorry to say, but I only see your post as an attempt to play down the expectations of 1up.
I will go as far as saying that if 1up doesnt produce a good round now it will suprise me greatly, the 1up I have learned to know is an alliance who is very result oriented and I think you guys are some of the best people around.

LCH did have a good round in r15, no doubt about it, yet they only still managed to get to top 4 and they did that without having any "real" incomings or heavy resistance.

DOS, I hardly see them as a challenge. But who knows.

Angels - Kjeldoran didnt see Angels as contenders last round. I dont see them as one this round.

Newdawn - Maybe your biggest threats of the bigger alliances.

And lets be fair, you need a person like Kaifux or Synthetic Sid to muster a new alliance to win a "first" round in Planetarion. I dont think any alliances that is being made atm consist of such a person.

Its not an flaming of 1up, merly a note to put to consideration by everyone before the round starts.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 04:34   #13
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I never played down our role as an alliance to quote myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Of course 1up will be a threat, we always are
I take the fact that a alliance HC is starting the warnings this early as a complement. But I wouldnt take it as written law. Fact of the matter is we will only really know what kind of competition, how good alliances are etc, come tick 72. Yes put 1up up there, we always are one way or another, but to quote steven segal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevan Segal
Assumptions are the mother of all f*ck ups
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 04:46   #14
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Its not an flaming of 1up, merly a note to put to consideration by everyone before the round starts.
A note to everyone for their consideration? Sounds an awful lot like "omg 1up could win and their evul!!!11 so lets block to stop them winning that'll show them and their nasty mushrooms". If 1up are the best alliance this round, they deserve to win. If they are not the best alliance, then they won't win - alliance politics will make sure of that.

I see DoS as the dark horse right now, there's a lot of familiar faces lining up to play, even if Kaifux and the name eXilition isn't there.

Angels will be looking to prove that they don't need to be part of a massive block to win a round. Some astute political moves will probably be needed in a round with three real contenders and two possibles (1up, Angels, DoS; NewDawn, LCH). So I doubt it'll happen - even if pre-round rumours have indicated that they're now learning their lessons from the previous few rounds.

Round 16 will be a make-or-break round for several alliances. 1up will want to prove they can win a round against some real competition after not having done so for three rounds running. Angels will want to prove they can win a round. Both Subh and Vengeance will be approaching this round looking to make it big and become major players. There's only one certainty: it should be fun.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 06:39   #15
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Sorry to say, but I only see your post as an attempt to play down the expectations of 1up.
and I see your as an early propaganda attempt to try to sway ppl towards attacking 1up out of the gate as they did last round, and to direct attention away from your alliance. No secret what your up to, same shit different day
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 07:37   #16
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
and I see your as an early propaganda attempt to try to sway ppl towards attacking 1up out of the gate as they did last round, and to direct attention away from your alliance. No secret what your up to, same shit different day
I am playing this round, so my negative score will likely put ND's average into the -100s

Sorry guys. It's the way it's gotta be
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 08:13   #17
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And lets be fair, you need a person like Kaifux or Synthetic Sid to muster a new alliance to win a "first" round in Planetarion. I dont think any alliances that is being made atm consist of such a person.

Indeed, that is also a valid point, but I know 20 or 30 of people atleast who i think would be able to manage it if they pulled together a really good team so intent on the win that they can keep there existince secret for a few days into the round atleast, and even then, it would be difficult to find out information on the alliance.

It is a very possible feat to achieve, It is however I agree very unlikely, but still, It would be interresting and I dont think anyone should rule it out totally.

Its not that difficult to recruit for a totally nameless unknown alliance, all you need is one or two people with the dedication, knowledge, charisma and attitude to be able to pull good loyal people into a totally new alliance, which they know nothing about until they have agreed to join.

It wouldnt be the first time that technique has been employed, granted most of the people who try it end up burning out before the round starts, but that is more to do with the fact that they start building over a round before they plan to play, it can be done in 2-3 weeks with a good crew.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 08:20   #18
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:

Angels - Kjeldoran didnt see Angels as contenders last round. I dont see them as one this round.
I think your wrong about that, I know Kj, I know he always expects his alliance to be a contender, and that he always expects his alliance to win. And from the general attitude of almost all of there members that I knew last round, they honestly beleived themselves capable of winning, and I agree that they had the capability.

Most alliances have the capability of winning, its just been able to play the cards your dealt, and a good amount of luck.

Im not trying to make 1up look weaker, beleive me, I just dont think anyone should be written off. with a 50 man member limit to alliances, everyone could cut there members to the core, and the people who get cut, might form there own groups.

I know 1up are more than capable of winning, they have proved that time and time again, and I think if they wanted to win next round, then they would probably lay as low as possible, maybe try and set a few of there rivals against each other. But as they have shown time and time again, they can have entire rounds were they are bashed none stop, where they do not give up even though they cannot win. And then go on to win the next round they play.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 08:48   #19
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Most alliances have the capability of winning, its just been able to play the cards your dealt, and a good amount of luck.

Im not trying to make 1up look weaker, beleive me, I just dont think anyone should be written off. with a 50 man member limit to alliances, everyone could cut there members to the core, and the people who get cut, might form there own groups.
I think you have hit the nail on the head here.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 09:33   #20
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Finally lets look at alliances such as TGV, if you arent top 5 by x period, you can recruit to 80. So Kargool that means that if you fail to make top 5, you can pretty much keep you 80 players and then make a push up the ranks, 80 players vs 50 players is a considerable difference.
Lets just quickly calculate how "easy" it is to recruit to 80. First off lets say you are 6th with 50 members. Then you can get 1 new member each 14th tick. as I interpret the rules about recruiting new players. 14*30 is 420 ticks. Add to that that you might get alot of interested players at the same time. You might be able to keep their intrest, but if they have to wait like 28 or 42 more ticks after coming out of suspensionperiod of 72 ticks, they might seek elsewhere for an alliance to join. (oh, also ofc calculate with some losses around the bend aswell due to shipjumping, closures etc)
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 10:17   #21
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

NewDawn will not be aiming for victory in R16. NewDawn has a 100% new command, and a lot of the core have quit due to exhaustion. Expect them to be fighting in the same area as TGV and Subh.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 10:26   #22
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
I am playing this round, so my negative score will likely put ND's average into the -100s

Sorry guys. It's the way it's gotta be
whayya mean seafood....your a leet ND commando type guy....... with gills
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 10:30   #23
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

kargool it's amusing to say 1up is downplaying themselves while this entire thread is about you downplaying all other alliances. from what i see here is you not giving any credit to 3 alliances who are playing this round who were better then us last round, you are actually downplaying all 3 of those and the rest of the alliances playing. if what i heard about some alliances is true then the playing field is as open now as it is in any round, but if you wanna call us winners now already fine so be it.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 10:35   #24
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
kargool it's amusing to say 1up is downplaying themselves while this entire thread is about you downplaying all other alliances. from what i see here is you not giving any credit to 3 alliances who are playing this round who were better then us last round, you are actually downplaying all 3 of those and the rest of the alliances playing. if what i heard about some alliances is true then the playing field is as open now as it is in any round, but if you wanna call us winners now already fine so be it.
I said that pig was downplaying 1up, not the entire alliance 1up itself, so if pig havent suddenly changed into representing the alliance as a whole, your accusation is inaccurate.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 11:19   #25
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I said that pig was downplaying 1up, not the entire alliance 1up itself, so if pig havent suddenly changed into representing the alliance as a whole, your accusation is inaccurate.
pig is downplaying
you are upplaying them (if it can be said so)

but funny how good ur intel is

no idea how strong ND is but Angels have more chances of winning
but as Morden said all is about luck and how the cards are played

DoS is stronger than most of ppl think
SubH got also few good players

asuming that a dos is ex-exil friendly and same SubH is i see already maybe a small ally between them

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 12:10   #26
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

*yawn*

Couldn't you have just bumped the "1up will win this round" thread from r11,12,13 or 14? Would save us all the effort required to read it all again.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 12:48   #27
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
I think your wrong about that, I know Kj, I know he always expects his alliance to be a contender, and that he always expects his alliance to win. And from the general attitude of almost all of there members that I knew last round, they honestly beleived themselves capable of winning, and I agree that they had the capability.
Well said m8. Kargool must have missunderstood me. All I said at the start of last round is that the REAL favourites were Exi and 1up cause of the entire playingfield, they won 1 or more rounds. The rest never did.

The day I don't believe my alliance is capable of winning a round, will be the day I quit playing PA

Also, I do agree that smaller numbers will be better for quality alliances. Like Pig said, Angels in small numbers is stronger (more core) then Angels with more members.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:14   #28
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I again begin to wonder if this is the way PA is gonna be? eXil plays a round, then takes one off and 1up hops in and grabs the win.

With all the rumors about Elyisum returning for the free round (all registered old members have gotten an email about ELY returning) and alot of new alliances this round I think that 1up seems to have secured a win already.
well meh where to begin with your ramblings.

You see no competitors? well your blind then, Angels have easily porven they can hold there own in a 3 alliance race battle without the use of 'blocks', which i believe is going to happen again this round

Community satisfied with what exactly? Your lame ass predictions, which i personally hate, because predictions are utter bs. If 1up win its simply going to be because they played the best, rather than other alliances letting it happen. So can anyone be satisfied with them winning because they were the best? I sure as hell can.

Quote:
Angels did lose some members to this new alliance thing called something.. I am ofc not sure how much this will affect Angels, but with also Ely returning Angels are bound to loose some members to theese two. 1up on the other hand seems to be cleaning out their closet and throwing out useless crap and putting in good players there instead.
Give me names of more than 2-3 players going to this new alliance.

As for loosing memebrs to Elysium? I highly doubt it, due to the fact most of 1up core is made from ex Ely members? wouldnt 1up be the first camp to loose the players to ely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
actually far from it, alot of whom we recruited for r15 will be with us for r16 With a few of our own guys taking time off.

Sadly the command wont be what it was last round, but we have proven we dont need a command, when working with a small core of players, such as r12 and 14.

To sum it up--> Kargool why the **** did you make this thread.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:24   #29
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
The usual stuff

I dont really feel like commenting on any of the stuff you post since the only thing you seem to be good at is to insult me instead of commenting on the actual issues here.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:37   #30
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

i think 1up will win, after getting beating from eX in real rounds they are usually hungry for an easy win as we all know. also the recruitment ive seen, some officers from other top alliances and activ members.

Angels did good last round, but mostly because they had 1up which targeted the same enemy whole round. im not sure what Angels can do next round against 1up, tho its their only chance to proof themself now. fact is neither 1up or angels could beat eX, so question is who would be better.

i would love if Angels go 100% hardcore against 1up the same way they did vs eX and then they might have some chance to win, tho i dont see it happening.

and to those ppl comparing dos with eXi, dont. 1up has eX members.. several other alliances aswell tho no one compares those to eXi
eX is an alliance lead by kaifux and isnt playing this half round

i hope this round pax alliances can proof pax isnt just about 2 alliances winning, eX isnt there to kill 1up each time for you remember that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:41   #31
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

next round is a full and real round - just that it is free

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:57   #32
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i dont think you start saying things about elysium playing the round untill their command has confirmed it offically m8

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 14:12   #33
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
i dont think you start saying things about elysium playing the round untill their command has confirmed it offically m8
Ofc not but you can assume it as there needs to be atleast _some_ thoughts about it when they send out emails to all their old members.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:12   #34
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont really feel like commenting on any of the stuff you post since the only thing you seem to be good at is to insult me instead of commenting on the actual issues here.
Alki did reply to the actual issues you brought up. You basicly said only 1up are contenders and that Angels can't be good cause we lost members and some will go to Ely.

He replied on that and asked you where the hell you get such assumptions. We don't have Ex Elysium members (in our core) and yes, the ministry pple left ... they'd have left nway, our cooperation wasn't a succes. If you base our quality purely on that group of pple, well ...

Fact is, Angels will go back to it's core. And as proven in other round AND last round, our core is of the best quality available and surely not worth less then 1up or any other top alliance.

Alki replied to your post, you just didn't like his reply ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:16   #35
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ofc not but you can assume it as there needs to be atleast _some_ thoughts about it when they send out emails to all their old members.
Racer, I suspect the mailman ate my x-mas greetings
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:17   #36
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor

asuming that a dos is ex-exil friendly and same SubH is i see already maybe a small ally between them
I think it's a little early to say on that issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
and to those ppl comparing dos with eXi, dont. 1up has eX members.. several other alliances aswell tho no one compares those to eXi
eX is an alliance lead by kaifux and isnt playing this half round
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:19   #37
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
Angels did good last round, but mostly because they had 1up which targeted the same enemy whole round. im not sure what Angels can do next round against 1up, tho its their only chance to proof themself now. fact is neither 1up or angels could beat eX, so question is who would be better.

i would love if Angels go 100% hardcore against 1up the same way they did vs eX and then they might have some chance to win, tho i dont see it happening.
Not really, we don't need to win this round to prove our quality. We've done that already. We want to win this round because we want to win it, not because there is some public pressure on us in the sence of "now or never" ...

We did good last round because we played the round from our own strength, never relying on what others might or might not do. We will keep playing from our own strength and we will keep improving.

We feel absolutely no pressure on us next round, none whatsoever.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:23   #38
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

This is too typical. You see 1up as the biggest threat and are trying to get the whole universe to gang up against them. This is Propaganda tbh, there are atleast 2 other alliances which can on their own or cooperatively stop 1up without the help from the latter part of top10. This is gonna be an interesting round, I doubt one alliance can dominate it without getting a lot of incomings from their competitors.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:32   #39
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Not really, we don't need to win this round to prove our quality. We've done that already. We want to win this round because we want to win it, not because there is some public pressure on us in the sence of "now or never" ...

We did good last round because we played the round from our own strength, never relying on what others might or might not do. We will keep playing from our own strength and we will keep improving.

We feel absolutely no pressure on us next round, none whatsoever.
i think ppl perform best when there is pressure, so i dont think its the right attitude going into round., and if i was angels i wouldnt want to be seen as forever third. im not denying angels got quality, but imo you have the chance now to go against 1up without eX interference, as many of us are dying to see this.

it would be silly to just forget about 1up when they will be your main rival this round i believe

so yes im cheering for Angels, go kick 1up ass, dont let pax go each round the same. show your cojones like you've shown last round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:34   #40
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple alliances capable of winning the free round. maybe even a suprise or 2 can shake things up.

Imo 1up, Angels & LCH are the 3 biggest contenders for nr1, maybe include ely if they're playing.
The whole point of this post is pure propaganda anyways. It gives the anti 1up people a reason to block caus "OMFG 1UP is the big threat to win the round". People should get used to the fact that 1up are always a contender for the win imo

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 12 Jan 2006 at 16:01.
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:49   #41
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
pig is downplaying
you are upplaying them (if it can be said so)

but funny how good ur intel is

no idea how strong ND is but Angels have more chances of winning
but as Morden said all is about luck and how the cards are played

I do think Dos will turn out to be better then expected, but assuming they are eX-friendly and forming an ally with Subh, common you can do better then that Sjor

As for the eX-friendly, I see most eX players have scattered around instead of staying together. So that can count for multiple ally's.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:11   #42
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I do think Dos will turn out to be better then expected, but assuming they are eX-friendly and forming an ally with Subh, common you can do better then that Sjor

As for the eX-friendly, I see most eX players have scattered around instead of staying together. So that can count for multiple ally's.

just followed some weird speculations
dont worry wont happen again

and for dos will not be hard to do better than expected as most ppl dont really expect dos to do much. im sure we will see more than expected

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:17   #43
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, if you put it into perspective, 1up really only finished low last round because:
1. A very active alliance hit them continuosly from start to finish. 1up were dead and exil still hit them.
2. The inactivity resulting from this, put them below the normal activity level needed to finish top 3-4.

Angels/Newdawn/Whoever, will not hit 1up like exil did. Which is normal. Giving 1up a chance to expand expotentially. Everyone will be running around screaming "I'M solo, we are SOLO!!", and 1up will have the best gals raids, basically outroiding everyone else. In this scenario I can see 1up taking the easy win. Simply, because they are the most active out of current alliances, by default of launching ships everynight, they could win. There are many scenarios in which they could lose, but the competition, really hasn't evolved, in a sense that 1up will be fighting the same people, in the same fashion, as they did in RD 14. I can see Newdawn, avoiding politics again. I can see angels being forced to fight 1up, I can see LCH avoiding politics, and I can see 1up winning. I also can see angels winning also, but it all comes down to activity if you think about it. Noone helping anyone, whoever gets big the fastest wins. And due to previous experience, when there is no Exil, the most active alliance is 1up.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:22   #44
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

My fav. for next round:
Angels, 1up, Lch, ND, SubH

They all played well last round, and i belive they will show us an interesting competition.
SubH will be involved in this competition, and therefore they might be able to take advantage of this war. or the others battle down themselves and then SubH takes advantage of this.
However there will be a competition and not a boring round with 1 ally at #1 in tick 72 and then staying there all the time and no1 is able to take them down
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:25   #45
pig
1up on you

Im rather amazed that people are ignoring the inevitable threat from Dos. It seems that many are playing down there chances, but with the right luck they could be #1 quite easily. If the predicatable 1up, ND, LCH, Angels battle it out, Dos could pull an LCH and avoid everything and sneak up the ranks.

Only thing that Dos doesnt have in its favour is the HC, who are unproven as of yet.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:08   #46
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Cool Re: 1UP winners of the free round (round 16) a given fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Honestly, if you put it into perspective, 1up really only finished low last round because:
1. A very active alliance hit them continuosly from start to finish. 1up were dead and exil still hit them.
2. The inactivity resulting from this, put them below the normal activity level needed to finish top 3-4.

Angels/Newdawn/Whoever, will not hit 1up like exil did. Which is normal. Giving 1up a chance to expand expotentially. Everyone will be running around screaming "I'M solo, we are SOLO!!", and 1up will have the best gals raids, basically outroiding everyone else. In this scenario I can see 1up taking the easy win. Simply, because they are the most active out of current alliances, by default of launching ships everynight, they could win. There are many scenarios in which they could lose, but the competition, really hasn't evolved, in a sense that 1up will be fighting the same people, in the same fashion, as they did in RD 14. I can see Newdawn, avoiding politics again. I can see angels being forced to fight 1up, I can see LCH avoiding politics, and I can see 1up winning. I also can see angels winning also, but it all comes down to activity if you think about it. Noone helping anyone, whoever gets big the fastest wins. And due to previous experience, when there is no Exil, the most active alliance is 1up.
Looking at the last 3 rounds, in an objective fashion ... we cannot deny the fact that Angels is one of the strongest growing, most roid capping alliances. I think only Exilition outperforms everyone here. I'm talking about pure galraids, no wars, no heavy incs ... just the basic roiding.

I don't think 1up is superior in that. Infact, 1up is known as a relative slow starter, never giving up and by using clever politics and have clever BC's with good tactics gaining ground. Then overtaking everyone and steadily going for the win.

Angels somehow inherited this from FAnG. FAnG also was a strong starter. The risk here is that pple identify you as a risk far too soon. Exilition is a strong starter aswell. But I think 1up is a slow starter.

Both strategies have their advantages ... Maybe 1up is a slow started because of the focus that will be on them every round they play.

But I disagree with stating that after exi, 1up is the most active alliance. Even Exi had their inactive moments last round.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:18   #47
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Dos could pull an LCH and avoid everything and sneak up the ranks.
Beats napping the whole universe & pulling a Nos

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:27   #48
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Looking at the last 3 rounds, in an objective fashion ... we cannot deny the fact that Angels is one of the strongest growing, most roid capping alliances. I think only Exilition outperforms everyone here. I'm talking about pure galraids, no wars, no heavy incs ... just the basic roiding.

I don't think 1up is superior in that. Infact, 1up is known as a relative slow starter, never giving up and by using clever politics and have clever BC's with good tactics gaining ground. Then overtaking everyone and steadily going for the win.

Angels somehow inherited this from FAnG. FAnG also was a strong starter. The risk here is that pple identify you as a risk far too soon. Exilition is a strong starter aswell. But I think 1up is a slow starter.

Both strategies have their advantages ... Maybe 1up is a slow started because of the focus that will be on them every round they play.

But I disagree with stating that after exi, 1up is the most active alliance. Even Exi had their inactive moments last round.

I looked at the RD 14 Size graph 5 minutes ago on Pawiki. 1up did not start slower than any alliance. They started slightly faster than the other alliances, then shot ahead at an uncanny pace. This graph doesn't support your theory.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:27   #49
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Of course it's always going to be open for debate, but I believe ND's biggest asset last round was the fact it would completely **** a gal up every night. Part of the reason ND could keep pwning gals every night was that we were so good at it. We kept making huge gains night after night by hitting gals.

Partly why this was true is that ND varied a lot in value. Plenty of high value players such as Gate, toot and a mixture right down to some downright crap planets. We managed to get excellent coverage on gals and rape them.

Neither of us have any proof on which is better, so there is no real point in declaring one better than the other.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:50   #50
Chika

Well, most of ND played RD 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. Most of 1up played RD 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. WHo was the most successful out of the 2. You are right. There is no point arguing. Overall, ND does a great job attacking gals, much so better than 1up from what I saw. But there are about 10-15 people in 1up, that if you allow them to flourish, they will out roid just about anyone, and with lack of proper activity from many pa alliances, these 10-15 people could carry 1up to victory. Especially, if they are all top 30-40, like we saw in RD 14.