User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 5 Jan 2006, 20:09   #1
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Edinburgh Planetarion Meet

It's a tiny meet. But a PA player one. I'm coming up to Edinburgh on the Saturday 14th January. Does any one person want to meet up with me? I'm doing this crazy project called "Meet Matt Chapman" but I doubt I'd get away with pimping that here, so I shant. But I'd really appreciate it if anyone wants to meet up, have a chat about PA, about PAN and about life over a bite to eat or a drink in Edinburgh on the evening of the 14th. I'll be arriving at EDI airport at about 8pm.

Anyone up for that? I'll even give you a unique t-shirt that I guarantee none of your friend will own!

Cheers!

Matt "Kloopy" Chapman
P.S. I'm a really friendly chap.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 20:48   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Edinburgh Planetarion Meet

im interested, relatively close for me. ( bout an hour and a half away )
tho i'll be arriving by train, so chances are there wont be many trains back after 10/11pm
hmm
gotta check on times/prices before giving a definite yes

bah , checked up on it, time wont really allow.
would have to catch the 21:10 or the 21:35 to be back in time for the last bus home :/ not much time exactly

Last edited by Phil^; 5 Jan 2006 at 21:03.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 21:03   #3
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

too far away for me :/ you can send the tshirt by mail to me
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 21:13   #4
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I'd like to meet you at some point, see what you're like, Edinburgh sounds like a good place. Oh, hold on, isn't that a different country?

(Yes Matt, I am VERY bored)
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 21:31   #5
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

hmm i could possably go down to edinburgh (i'm in aberdeen btw) as its only 100 miles away + i start my holidays then so all i need now is a bus ticket
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)

Last edited by themast; 5 Jan 2006 at 21:53.
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 01:55   #6
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

I'm totally serious. If I can meet you and get a photo with you I'll give you a tshirt that says "I've Met Matt Chapman". I just need a brave sole to come and meet me for a drink and photo!

Please!
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 05:12   #7
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

if it had just been a week later i would definatly have poped to edinburgh to see ya.

But im in australia till the 19th
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:02   #8
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Edinburgh, start work at like 6.30 on Saturday, although you could come visit my work, its like £1/drink until 10pm

p.s Not played PA for like 2 years or so now though.

Last edited by Illogical; 6 Jan 2006 at 14:08.
Illogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:24   #9
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Kloopy you live like 30mins away from me at home so we can go for a drink sometime at home
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:25   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

you don't want to meet Illogical. He's smelly
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:40   #11
Illogical
Property of merle

harsh appoco harsh : (

happy new year buddy by the way : )
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:45   #12
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Illo smells like sex and alcohol

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:49   #13
Illogical
Property of merle

nah, just showered got an interview in like 15mins : )
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:24   #14
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

harsh? you're the one that has to be text messaged every 30 days so you don't lose your channel
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:36   #15
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all

i live in edinburgh too but no one wants to meet me anyway!(plus if you wanted to talk PA i havent played in about 2 or 3 years or something)

Have fun in the burgh!!!!
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:31   #16
Kloopy
-Back Again-

You don't necessarily need to talk about PA. I'd just like to Meet you. The idea can be found on my website here http://www.meetmattchapman.com/. The site isn't quite finished but as I'm off starting my MMC adventure soon I thought it best to put there what I currently have.

So have a read, see what you think and come and Meet me!
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 13:25   #17
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

rohyphonol ftw! Kloopy just wants sex with random strangers dont you;(
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 13:42   #18
Kloopy
-Back Again-

No way. I like to meet people. And I can share the love of t-shirts with people from all round the world!
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 13:51   #19
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

hmm...this sounds similar to a thing Danny Wallace did called "Join Me" where everyone joined a cult in the end whose objective was to make old people happy. You aren't making a cult are you? Please tell me your not
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 13:52   #20
Appocomaster
PA Team

Wasn't that the craze where he had a mass cult of people but nothing for them to actually do? they all agreed to join up with him and he didn't actually have any sort of reason for the cult.
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 16:25   #21
Kloopy
-Back Again-

He's the one yes. He and Dave Gorman provided inspiration for this idea (details in the URL in my last post in this thread). It started from a drunken conversation in the pub one Sunday evening where I was dared to "go and meet that girl over there, she's looking at you". The conversation ended up creating Meet Matt Chapman with the t-shirts and travelling.

It's a bit like the things Gorman and Wallace have done, but I'm not doing it to write a book or profit, I'm doing it because I love the idea of a crazy tour round the country/Europe/the World. I'm mad, the idea's mad. We're suited for each other.

Anyhow, I've got my Meet for Edinburgh now. See you soon themast!
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 16:35   #22
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

actually this is a project that sounds cool. the idea sounds cool. I wish you good luck to meet as many people as possible.
do you put a list of all Meets you had somewhere online (with the date)?
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 16:37   #23
Kloopy
-Back Again-

I will do, yes. Need to get started first with themast in Edinburgh. I'll get a photo of us both in our t-shirts and ask him some questions and write about my trip. Anyone who would like to input the type of things you'd like to hear about the people I meet please let me know.
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 22:22   #24
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

out of a vague 'poking sore teeth' type feeling... what happened to the girl in the pub?
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 11:50   #25
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Girl in the pub?
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 14:29   #26
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Why would i travel to Scotland when you live about 20miles down the A1 from me? :s
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 15:53   #27
Kloopy
-Back Again-

You wouldn't? We'd meet closer to home!
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 18:34   #28
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Questions, what questions

Last edited by themast; 10 Jan 2006 at 19:02.
Unread 11 Jan 2006, 01:00   #29
Kloopy
-Back Again-

What's your favourite beer?
Unread 11 Jan 2006, 08:55   #30
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

I live in edinburgh also if you need anything tell me :P
Unread 11 Jan 2006, 15:13   #31
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

I study in Stirling, which is 45 min from edinburgh by train, so I could pop over there for the night. Depends a bit on the train times though...

Why don't the the pa players that can make it earlier meet up in a pub somewhere around 18-19:00, then kloopy could join in when he arrives (and when the rest of us are really drunk and ready to say silly things).
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2006, 22:27   #32
themast
Punk

i arrive in edinburgh @ 18:00 so loads of time
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 12:03   #33
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Ok then.

We all need somewhere near Waverly Station. I'll be arriving into the airport at 8:15 Scotland time. I'll only have hand luggage so will be out of the airport quickly. My hotel is near to the bus stop for the airport shuttle (Waverly Station) and I will checkin before moving on to the pub.

I suggest we meet in the Standing Order. It's a Wetherspoon pub converted from the old headquarters of Scotland Bank. It's a big pub with lots of tables. The Wetherspoons chain serves drinks that everyone likes at a rather cheap price so it's ideal for us all.

I'll hopefully be there about 9pm but if you want to email me your phone number I'll call or text to let you know if I'm delayed. My number is +44 7765 843 999

Matt

[Edit: You can find details about the pub including it's location on the following URL: http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...dingorder.html ]

Last edited by Kloopy; 12 Jan 2006 at 14:20.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 22:07   #34
themast
Punk

kloopy wear your t-shirt so i can spot you out
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 23:46   #35
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

Edinburgh is such a poor man's Glasgow
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 12:24   #36
Kloopy
-Back Again-

themast, I certianly will. Drop me your mobile number in forum PM or email to [email protected]. It'll stay private to me but it means I can contact you if there are any problems.

Cheers,

Matt
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 22:57   #37
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold

Wish I'd spotted this sooner, I'm about 20 mins from Edinburgh, but just made arrangements for Saturday, enjoy your night out.
Thrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 17:37   #38
Kloopy
-Back Again-

*wanders off to the airport*
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 06:45   #39
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Hey I noticed you're originally from Hertfordshire, So you should have no problem getting to Cambridge at some point? Are you up for a Cambridge meet: perhaps a game of poker and a few "gin and juices"

BTW, I'm 22 and I'm not a student anymore hehe
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 12:54   #40
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Cambridge is a good place to meet, certainly! :-)