User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 Jul 2014, 21:19   #1
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Goodbye to Spore

Posting this mainly to reach former Spore members:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spore Internal Announcement

Dear All,

We are writing to you tonight to let you know about the future. As you will all be aware, this round has been a very inactive round for Spore. Indeed, right from before the round we knew from an Exec/HC perspective that this would be the case; real life is a priority for us all. However, we were persuaded to continue and make the best we could of the round by members and officers who felt that we should keep Spore going. To all those of you who are disappointed with the way this round turned out, we can only offer our apologies, the standard we achieved was well below what Spore has been capable of.

From our very first round we were thrust into the limelight and the expectations from Spore have simply continued to increase each round. For a brand new alliance in the game we did extremely well to build Spore up to the influential alliance that it was. We fought hard when we were just a small core in order to protect Tortu, showing our mettle to where our resistance was surprising to Vikings who had thought their victory was in the bag. To the rounds where we were at the forefront of politics, narrowly missing out on one round win due to recruitment and bouncing back from that disappointment to win the next convincingly. We became an alliance that were the jack of all trades, showing no overall weakness unlike some of the current main alliances in the game today.

So what about the future? For the Execs and HC, we are still not in a position to commit to hardcore playing. Seeing the way Spore turned out this round pained us as much as the rest of you, consequently we have taken the decision that this round was Spore's last. As of the last tick, we will be disbanding the alliance. Will Spore be back in the future? We won't rule it out, but it would need to fill certain criteria. We will not revive the alliance to play as a second-tier alliance; if we do come back, it will be because we can equal or beat our best which we reached last round.

So, what now? It has been a real pleasure to meet up with so many old friends and play alongside some great people again, we will leave #private access in place and open the channel up so past members of Spore and 1up can use the channel as a meeting place. If in the event Spore does return in the future, we will use this channel as a rallying point. For future alliances, we will let you all decide for yourselves where to go. If you want to get somewhere but don't know anybody there, speak to one of the Spore command team and we will help get you into wherever you are trying to go.

It has been an incredible ride and we want to thank every Spore member, officer and HC, present and past. Thank you for your hard work and commitment, especially to those who made sacrifices for the greater good of the alliance. We also want to thank all of our friends and enemies, both present and past. It has been a pleasure to share this journey with you all and we wish you all the best for your futures, wherever they may take you.

Zhil & Bashar
Spore Executives

On behalf of the Spore High Council

PS: Parrots FTW forever (as well as Max Ryder)
Best wishes to all, I'm proud of every Spore member (past and present) to what was achieved for a brand new alliance in the game. We were told it couldn't be done and yet we persisted.

Regards,

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2014, 21:21   #2
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough
Re: Goodbye to Spore

Had fun during R56 guys, some nice people and some good people there. Stay in touch
Unread 18 Jul 2014, 21:24   #3
darts

darts can only hope to improve
Cool Re: Goodbye to Spore

well shame 2 c a good ally go i hope you guys come back so we can kick eachothers but again.

have a good one guys.

darts
Unread 18 Jul 2014, 21:26   #4
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Good luck to all Spore members. It was a pleasure and an adventure playing with you all.

I will play havoc (yes I know I am retired) to make sure I am around on IRC and will help anyone who may need support finding a new home.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2014, 21:32   #5
ChronoX

ChronoX has a spectacular aura aboutChronoX has a spectacular aura about

Unread 18 Jul 2014, 21:55   #6
SDN

SDN is an unknown quantity at this point

Byebye Spore!

You brought back some needed characters into this game again and i hope most of you stick around for aslong as i bother to play this game, we certainly dont need a smaller playerbase

Most of you spore people was totally anonymous to the planetarion community and that was quite boring but players like Zhil and Forest atleast put some colours on things

Hope you keep playing Snowseal!

Recent rounds:
Round 68 - #1 Gal Rank #6 planet
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Round 65 - Rank #3 Norsemen
Round 61 - Rank #37 Faceless
Round 60 - Rank #14 Ultores
Round 58 - Rank #35 Allieless xp play
Round 56 - Rank #14 Vikings
Round 54 - Rank #5 Vikings
SDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2014, 23:57   #7
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Awwww the queen didn't achieve her goals?
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 02:22   #8
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

A lot of the old gentleman club of Spore, atleast me knew this announcement was comming.
Spore prooved to planetarion, atleast the rounds i was there, that the level of the playerbase in the alliances was not what won wars.
The unity of the members, and level of capability of officers and HCs was perhaps the best planetarion has seen the last 10-15 rounds.
Perhaps key people in Spore were threated the wrong way by the Execs, wich made them choose paths diffrent from Spore.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 08:17   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Good bye everyone, it has been an enjoyable journey.
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 08:18   #10
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Good bye spore! It was a pleasure both fighting against you, and with you (:

Good luck!
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 19:29   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

gg
Unread 20 Jul 2014, 19:46   #12
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Well played Zhil. Seeing as Fury came and went, I'm sure you'll be back
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2014, 20:20   #13
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2 View Post
Well played Zhil. Seeing as Fury came and went, I'm sure you'll be back
So did Eclipse and 1up.
Fury first, Fury last, Fury will never be a thing of the past

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2014, 18:38   #14
Golden

Golden is an unknown quantity at this point

Shame to see the this. Thanks for all the rounds with you and im allways around when you guys are ready to Return!

/golden
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2014, 22:02   #15
Hermiod

Hermiod is on a distinguished road

Max Ryder FTW!

<3
Teal'c - "I am unsure. He is concealing it."
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2014, 15:08   #16
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the effort n all. it has been fun

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 15:38   #17
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

i had the feeling this would come, we are to old now ;-)

thanks all for the fighting spirit and the wars we won and lost ;-)

/aif
aif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2014, 19:48   #18
Aftereight
MadeMan

Aftereight is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for taking me in when i got back.

Met alot of nice people and great players.
[ black flag : spore : elysium : wolfpack : critters : plush : LCH : virus ]

artist formerly known as MadeMan
Aftereight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2014, 21:09   #19
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Disappointing to see you guys leave again. Good luck.

You didn't come 2nd due to recruitment though
Unread 8 Aug 2014, 12:16   #20
gamb

gamb is an unknown quantity at this point

For me it is funny
gamb is offline   Reply With Quote