User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 May 2014, 09:09   #351
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R56 development thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
This again is outright lies.

I organised it, I added certain people to certain rooms. I tried to have things co-ordinated.

Vikings however:

1) REFUSED outright to join the room.
2) REFUSED to co-ordinate with anyone out of spite.
3) REFUSED to give me any kind of LT for attacks.
4) Had spiteful digs at me personally at every single opportunity.
5) Put me on ignore.

You can't say I did nothing, when I actually did everything in my power to help you guys out. And all you did in return was refuse to co-operate and bitch.

I have co-ordinated many many wars over many many rounds, but this could never get off the ground becuase of the actions of YOU and YOUR hc.

You reap what you sow. Your reputation comes before you which is why people loathe having to deal with you.

I think after all this cockiness from Spore and bitching from everyone else what I would love to see or seen (will never happen) is Spore vs rd43-49 Ultores, the proper Ultores, not this half assed shell you guys still try to make out is competitive but really isn't. Also a war vs an Irvine lead Fang would be nice to see. I think your members would go quiet very quickly in both scenerios. You would have a place and both these allies would put you firmly in it.

You are not a 'great alliance' as your members like to boast, you are not the political juggernauts your hc team likes to make out, what you are is the least crap of an universe of crap allies. Basically the best bruised bansna in the fruitbowl... GRATS!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 09:15   #352
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
This again is outright lies.

I organised it, I added certain people to certain rooms. I tried to have things co-ordinated.

Vikings however:

1) REFUSED outright to join the room.
2) REFUSED to co-ordinate with anyone out of spite.
3) REFUSED to give me any kind of LT for attacks.
4) Had spiteful digs at me personally at every single opportunity.
5) Put me on ignore.

You can't say I did nothing, when I actually did everything in my power to help you guys out. And all you did in return was refuse to co-operate and bitch.

I have co-ordinated many many wars over many many rounds, but this could never get off the ground becuase of the actions of YOU and YOUR hc.
Stiil it seemed that least cooperative allied of yours was the only one putting most of its atk force on Ultores at that time.
Unread 7 May 2014, 09:26   #353
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Stiil it seemed that least cooperative allied of yours was the only one putting most of its atk force on Ultores at that time.
Of course we were. We didn't want to be hitting Ult at the time, we had other places we wanted to attack, but Vikings asked for our help hitting you to change the dynamics of ongoing wars and ease pressure on them, so we honoured our deal in words and spirit by hitting Ult hard.

Unfortunately, Vikings decided around then for some reason (I still believe jealousy) to break the deal with Spore and are now trying to justify that based on some bullshit claims of "things not working out", but like the prima dona popstar, these ring hollow as it is ultimately down to a pathetic tantrum on their part based on the desire to be top dog and nothing more. We were bending over backwards to help them, but that was not good enough.

I would caution every other alliance against making a deal with Vikings, they are not only dishonourable, but they are also like a hormonal teenager; they are prone to extremes of emotion for no apparent reason and they put you into situations that within a relationship context, you simply cannot win. No matter what you do, it is never good enough for them.
Unread 7 May 2014, 09:31   #354
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
Unfortunately, Vikings decided around then for some reason (I still believe jealousy) to break the deal with Spore and are now trying to justify that based on some bullshit claims of "things not working out", but like the prima dona popstar, these ring hollow as it is ultimately down to a pathetic tantrum on their part based on the desire to be top dog and nothing more. We were bending over backwards to help them, but that was not good enough.
I will confirm to you that we broke away from Spore because we wanted to take control of our politics again, not because we wanted to make a play for #1 and certainly not because we were jealous - we're not the jealous type.

This is where Spore's cockiness kicks in once again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I think after all this cockiness from Spore and bitching from everyone else what I would love to see or seen (will never happen) is Spore vs rd43-49 Ultores, the proper Ultores, not this half assed shell you guys still try to make out is competitive but really isn't. Also a war vs an Irvine lead Fang would be nice to see. I think your members would go quiet very quickly in both scenerios. You would have a place and both these allies would put you firmly in it.

You are not a 'great alliance' as your members like to boast, you are not the political juggernauts your hc team likes to make out, what you are is the least crap of an universe of crap allies. Basically the best bruised bansna in the fruitbowl
As much as it pains me, I have to agree with Kaiba. Your cockiness is not only retardedly hilarious, but it will cost you the admiration from several people this round.

Part of Ultores' success in their prime days was not portraying arrogant and cockiness behaviour and spouting how good they are on the forums. But please do carry on because I am sure it will bite you on the ass next round.

Quote:
I would caution every other alliance against making a deal with Vikings, they are not only dishonourable, but they are also like a hormonal teenager; they are prone to extremes of emotion for no apparent reason and they put you into situations that within a relationship context, you simply cannot win. No matter what you do, it is never good enough for them.
As with most alliances in this game, you get on well with some and not so much with others. Spore and Vikings are the latter.

I'd also like to quote you on "but they are also like a hormonal teenager; they are prone to extremes of emotion" - this is quite ironic considering that you are whining on the forums about our encounters this round.

Every round is different and past grievances will be forgotten due to current political situations.

Last edited by Clouds; 7 May 2014 at 10:10.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 10:02   #355
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Any alliance can win one round, let's see if Spore can make it two or three in a row.
Unread 7 May 2014, 10:18   #356
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Clouds, I am not "whining" on the forums, I am expressing my severe disappointment (and that is what it is) that the last remaining large alliance that had a chance of showing it was honourable and a worthy partner has proved otherwise.

You of all people should understand my dismay, remember when you and I first started dealing with each other? You told me that you never lie and that you always stick to your word, no matter what. That being the case (and I believe it is with you personally), ending the deal with us must have been a bitter pill for you to have to swallow. I can't imagine it sits well with you.

Now, despite Kaiba's mud-slinging and the usual parade of AD trolls blurting out the "whining" card, I am not trying to play the wounded hero fighting off a vicious horde. I am simply trying to express just how devastating it is to find that a group that we felt we could trust and rely on chose instead to slap us in the face and turn on us.

I remember a time when an alliance that went back on its word and its agreements would be seen as a pariah and nobody would deal with it anymore. Sadly, nowadays it has become the norm and alliances that stick to their word and honour their deals have become the exception. PA was always a community based game where relationships mattered, that was its success. Now it is a hotbed of betrayal that makes Game of Thrones look tame. It's a real shame, but the community has gone rotten.
Unread 7 May 2014, 11:32   #357
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

history tells us that honor and respect are reset every round with the ticker.

Otherwise Vikings wouldn't have been in a position to make their honorable deal with you in the first place
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 11:45   #358
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post
history tells us that honor and respect are reset every round with the ticker.

Otherwise Vikings wouldn't have been in a position to make their honorable deal with you in the first place
We have always made our own judgements based on our own experiences. Vikings have never previously given us any reason to question their honour or integrity. They have always honoured their word and commitments with us.
Unread 7 May 2014, 12:48   #359
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
We have always made our own judgements based on our own experiences. Vikings have never previously given us any reason to question their honour or integrity. They have always honoured their word and commitments with us.
So how you have seen them act with other alliances has no bearing whatsoever when you came to have relations with them?

You thought to yourselves 'They have screwed over everyone else in this game but we will be different because Spore is amazing and everyone loves us!" ??

The amazing delusions of most of the HC team is quite dumbfounding. Trade Bitcher for Zhil and maybe you can complete a full house of retards
Unread 7 May 2014, 12:56   #360
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
So how you have seen them act with other alliances has no bearing whatsoever when you came to have relations with them?
Everybody in this game moans that they have been hard done by and accurate facts are often very difficult to discern. In the end, if we were to judge on other alliances' experiences, we would be judging based on extremely biased positions. Plus, as other alliances are just as bad, it would be very hard to judge who did what first. As such, we treated all alliances as though they had a blank slate until they gave us reason to do otherwise.

For once you actually asked a decent and reasonable question, well done. Pitty about the rest of your post.
Unread 7 May 2014, 13:01   #361
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Clouds, I am not "whining" on the forums, I am expressing my severe disappointment (and that is what it is) that the last remaining large alliance that had a chance of showing it was honourable and a worthy partner has proved otherwise.

You of all people should understand my dismay, remember when you and I first started dealing with each other? You told me that you never lie and that you always stick to your word, no matter what. That being the case (and I believe it is with you personally), ending the deal with us must have been a bitter pill for you to have to swallow. I can't imagine it sits well with you.

Now, despite Kaiba's mud-slinging and the usual parade of AD trolls blurting out the "whining" card, I am not trying to play the wounded hero fighting off a vicious horde. I am simply trying to express just how devastating it is to find that a group that we felt we could trust and rely on chose instead to slap us in the face and turn on us.

I remember a time when an alliance that went back on its word and its agreements would be seen as a pariah and nobody would deal with it anymore. Sadly, nowadays it has become the norm and alliances that stick to their word and honour their deals have become the exception. PA was always a community based game where relationships mattered, that was its success. Now it is a hotbed of betrayal that makes Game of Thrones look tame. It's a real shame, but the community has gone rotten.
Sorry i didnt know this thread was called Faggots Anomyous.....

If you are gulliable enough to believe that Clouds didnt have a knife pointed at your back the moment you signed your NAP then all the 'accolades' being bestowed on Spores political endevours are shortsighted to say the least.

There was no mud-slinging from me, just a simple observation that your alliance is not as great as your members like to crow from every rooftop. The last great alliance in this game was Ultores pre round 50. There most likely will not be a great alliance again as the player base and competition is not there anymore to for one to prove itself against, unless there is a drastic up shoot in competitiveness then Spore will always be the alliance that 'might have been alright but who knows?' and 'The guys who blew a huge lead to get beaten by some gay Canadians with 15 less members and no faces!'

As someone said a few posts back, Ultores greatest grace in victory was their humility, they never openly mocked and bitched competitors on AD like Spore have, their HC team never felt the need to defend and comment on every slur against them, like Spore (and Vikings) do. They won from the front, they one from the back, they won in a block, they won in a stagnated round, they did it all in 6 rounds against arguably one of the best defensive units in recent PA, Irvine led FaNG.

Please get off these forums with your bullshit rhectoric that no one gives a **** about, yes you will probably win next round too, but you will have no fun doing it, everyone is making a 25 man ruining tag dont you know? Maybe Apprime can start a SK League
Unread 7 May 2014, 13:48   #362
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Sorry i didnt know this thread was called Faggots Anomyous.....

If you are gulliable enough to believe that Clouds didnt have a knife pointed at your back the moment you signed your NAP then all the 'accolades' being bestowed on Spores political endevours are shortsighted to say the least.

There was no mud-slinging from me, just a simple observation that your alliance is not as great as your members like to crow from every rooftop. The last great alliance in this game was Ultores pre round 50. There most likely will not be a great alliance again as the player base and competition is not there anymore to for one to prove itself against, unless there is a drastic up shoot in competitiveness then Spore will always be the alliance that 'might have been alright but who knows?' and 'The guys who blew a huge lead to get beaten by some gay Canadians with 15 less members and no faces!'

As someone said a few posts back, Ultores greatest grace in victory was their humility, they never openly mocked and bitched competitors on AD like Spore have, their HC team never felt the need to defend and comment on every slur against them, like Spore (and Vikings) do. They won from the front, they one from the back, they won in a block, they won in a stagnated round, they did it all in 6 rounds against arguably one of the best defensive units in recent PA, Irvine led FaNG.

Please get off these forums with your bullshit rhectoric that no one gives a **** about, yes you will probably win next round too, but you will have no fun doing it, everyone is making a 25 man ruining tag dont you know? Maybe Apprime can start a SK League
If we are to measure everything on past alliances, then noone can really contend with Fury and Legion. (and 1up/exilition for PAX era).

I've not engaged in any mudslinging or any 'arrogant' comments and considering I have been in charge of overall Spore policy, you'll find I made plans for every eventuality - including the Vikings defection.

It's funny how through the rounds people have said Spore have a lower skilled membership and now suddenly it switches to "well, noone is skilled enough anyway".

This same rheteric of "other alliances not good enough" was used back in r11-r18 and that was 5-6 years ago.

Personally, if Spore do win this round, I will be proud of my members and I will be intrigued to see the incoming totals. Whether you agree or not, I will feel we will have deserved our win this round.

It's all too easy to say "alliance x would have ripped you apart!" but times were very different back then. Fear the fact Fury/Legion dominated without the need for SMS/Call bots. I can't recall whether 1up had a SMS bot. I don't think so as otherwise it would have been part of Koopa already.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony

Last edited by Zh|l; 7 May 2014 at 14:08.
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 14:11   #363
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Ultores is more of a social paradise than a victory hungry powerhouse these days. I highly doubt we will be a challenge for #1 in the coming rounds, not to say we wont try, it would be un-ultorian not to try to win. but i doubt we can do it on own own like the glory days.
Unread 7 May 2014, 14:21   #364
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Incoming total don't mean half as much as people think they mean.
Unread 7 May 2014, 14:33   #365
WillyNilly

WillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the rough

Spore incs will probably be the highest, however, those incs don't mean shit because they already had such a huge lead that it doesnt really matter how many incs they receive, they have already won. Early to Mid round incs will really show who had a rough time as thats when things were still up in the air (somewhat...)
WillyNilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 14:40   #366
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
I can't recall whether 1up had a SMS bot. I don't think so as otherwise it would have been part of Koopa already.
We didn't, it wasn't an easily available technology back then. It was possible but a lot more expensive, unless you physically connected a mobile to your server.
Unread 7 May 2014, 14:51   #367
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyNilly View Post
Spore incs will probably be the highest, however, those incs don't mean shit because they already had such a huge lead that it doesnt really matter how many incs they receive, they have already won. Early to Mid round incs will really show who had a rough time as thats when things were still up in the air (somewhat...)
It also suggests they've played a blinder. They managed the inc they got very well.
Unread 7 May 2014, 15:02   #368
WillyNilly

WillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
They managed the inc they got very well.
They have lost 45,780 roids over the last 7 days. I wouldn't exactly call that managing their incs well considering they have a HUGE value lead.
Unread 7 May 2014, 15:09   #369
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
They have lost 45,780 roids over the last 7 days. I wouldn't exactly call that managing their incs well considering they have a HUGE value lead.
The round was over weeks ago?
Its like loosing roids in havoc, it dosnt count.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 15:15   #370
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I don't understand how the fact Spore has lost loads of roids over the siege period is any indication of how well we have done. I think some other alliances would have lost far more than we have under the same circumstances. It is simply impossible to cover the amount of incomings that we had.

What Lokken refers too I believe is how Spore even got to that roid lead in the first place and how it conducted its early wars with Faceless and Ultores.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 7 May 2014, 15:29   #371
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
So basicly saying there are in fact a woman?

HEROES
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 15:37   #372
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

WOW

Some interesting readings and more lies coming from forest. Not sure where I should begin.

Lets start with the easy one, Vikings did not end the agreement with spore in order to win. Far from it, if we wanted to win we would not have come to their aid against the block hitting them and hit ult for them. You guys need to think about this a bit and not have a knee jerk reaction. Ct, Ult, HR where all hitting Spore. Vikings had a nap with CT, and was friendly with ult and HR. As a matter of fact ult had sent like less than 50 fleets at vikings all round. If we wanted to win all we would have to do is sit back and not come to spores aid since ult wanted to remain friendly with us. So if Vikings wanted to win we just let spore roid growth stagnate while we would be free to cap roids and keep on growing.

Now regarding aif, forest and whoever else said we were in talks with Ult for a long time, incorrect. Ult did contact us and there was communication but the agreement and serious talks happened April 27/28 and not 3/4 days prior as you guys claimed. Prior to that it was all just rumors and wishful thinking by people. The reason I know this is because that is the weekend I was busy with real life because I had some serious plumbing issues and I spent the whole weekend taking my washroom apart and fixing my main plumbing line going out of my house. The other HCs kept me informed via WhatsApp. On saturday is when serious talks with ult occurred and sunday/monday is when I was able to talk to them and we had a HC meeting. Prior to the 26/27 nothing was going on and everything you guys have gotten is fiction.

I find forest claim funny about calling Viking HCs liars since you lied to us several times. Hell you leaked logs of the joint channels to other hcs. Well done my friend. My suggestion to any other hc that has talks with forest is to be very careful what you say since he leaks everything to suit his agenda.

His agenda this round was to ensure spore wins no matter what. I had no problems with Spore (and the fact they wanted to win) and they were good allies. We ended our agreement all due to forest. He lied to us several times and ordered us around. First lie was to ask us to make a deal with HR so that HR would hit ult. I eventually talked to HR a few days later and that's not what they said, they said that they would hit ult if we hit ult. Quite different than what forest told us.

Then forest said make a deal with fang/face so that they would hit ult. Turns out that fang was not going to hit ult and face wasnt either. Turns out Face was going to hit ult only if we hit ult. Thank you for lying to us again and forcing us to abandon insomnia and ND who were helping us. Its great how immortals targeted ND then and how fang PT and hit several insomnia forts over the next few days. Glad to see that you were looking out for your friends in insomnia forest.

Got to love this next part, Vikings had intel that we were going to get hit by the block and as such grounded. Mighty forest said his intel said that we were not getting hit and we should not ground. I said i disagree and Vikings was grounded and since I was Viking HC and he wasnt we will do what I say and not what he says. He had an emo session and said that we are retarded for grounding since his intel was correct and we werent getting hit. It turns out that we did get incomings, we covered them and managed to send out a few attack fleets. Forest of course did not apologize or acknowledge that he was wrong, not surprised about that at all. PA God Forest is always right and us minions should do as he says.

At one point there was an incident with Fang I believe. Influence was in fang channel about to talk to a fang HC. Mighty forest tells Influence that he is taking care of it and not to get involved. Who do you think you are to take care of Viking matters without our permission and telling Influence not to get involved? Like come on PA God Forest, not everything revolves around you. I believe it was fang, but could have been facelessor another alliance, cant quite member.

Regarding Zhils comment with respect to the ct/spore deal. Yes he is correct, zhil did inform myself that spore was not extending the deal with ct. Forest we didnt ask spore to continue the agreement. I think I might have told Zhil that it might be best that you extend it in order to protect spore and not have a block forming since viking was still in a war with fang/face and could not support spore as much. But that was spores decision, at no time did we tell spore what to do, unlike you. I was not aware of insomnia asking spore not to renew the deal between ct/spore. All I knew regarding that was that spore felt ct was being overly hostile and as such you did not want to renew it. I dont recall anything with respect to insomnia

Vikings and I found out about a ct/spore deal to end the war from other sources and from CT and not our ally spore. I am not sure how much zhil knew since forest seemed to be having some interesting conversations. Sufficient to say that from the info I got, my trust in forest kept going down. At this point i realized that he could not be trusted at all and was wanting to turn vikings into his personal minions. I had enough of his antics and the constant lies, half truths and his attitude. This is when I seriously considered ending the agreement with spore and I started talking to ult. This again was the the weekend of April 26/27.

Attitude withing Vikings did change after the fang/face/viking deal. Within 24 hours we were able to piece together all the information and separate the lies and half truths from forest with the actual facts. That is when viking command staff start becoming quite pissed off.

Anyways, Spore played a good political game, no doubt about that. They will be the winners and they earned it, with help of course. Lets be realistic, if Vikings wasnt warring Fang/Face, they probably would have sided with ult or been very ult friendly. Lets not forget the fact that spore and forest repeatedly asked us to go talk to HR and make a deal so they would stop hitting spore. I am not trying to take away from Spores win, they earned it and played the round nicely. But without the help of alliances such as insomnia and others you wouldnt have had the lead to turn into a win.

Are you as good as ult, todays ult yes, ult from like 10 rounds ago that got bashed for 800 ticks and managed to win so many rounds in a row.....no. I dont think what Ult did when they first started can be repeated anytime soon due to the fact that the standards of alliances has gone up so the different between them and ult is less significant and also other alliances have learned.

So take your win, you have definitely earned it, but stating that your better than Ult, no your not. Yes you are better than the current incarnation of ult, but you are not better than ult that won several rounds in a row and came back from several gang ups to win the round. No alliance currently will be able to match that feat and it stands as bar that a lot of alliances will strive for. At some point someone else will set another bar but for the moment that bar is out of the reach of every alliance currently playing.

I tried to answer most questions, comments from the last 2/3 pages but so much stuff to read and my fingers were getting tired, plus I stopped reading after a while. This post is already longer than I wanted. My guess is that only 3 people will read it, all that work for 3 people. I should have just stayed off the forums =D

-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 16:32   #373
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Not when you add up what's attacking them. And they kept their fleets and extended their lead. Which is better than holding roids, which are a nearly useless commodity at the moment. All that matters at this end stage is counted score.
Unread 7 May 2014, 16:37   #374
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure the Spore people haven't said they were better than Ultores.

Not that it matters, you beat what is in front of you, and they have done that convincingly. Every alliance ships roids when getting hammered.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 16:41   #375
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
I'm pretty sure the Spore people haven't said they were better than Ultores.

Not that it matters, you beat what is in front of you, and they have done that convincingly. Every alliance ships roids when getting hammered.
Actually Forest has stated that several times

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 7 May 2014, 16:42   #376
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Actually Forest has stated that several times
Where?

I've done the quote Forest when he says silly stuff a few times but I've not seen him say that.

(And obviously if he was referring to this round he would be correct)

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 16:49   #377
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
Where?

I've done the quote Forest when he says silly stuff a few times but I've not seen him say that.

(And obviously if he was referring to this round he would be correct)
Not sure which thread he said it if any but he did say it on IRC several times. The impression I currently have is that he was referring to Ult, current iteration and past iterations, but I could be wrong on that. I will see if I have time this weekend to search my IRC logs quickly.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 7 May 2014, 16:49   #378
WillyNilly

Quote:
Not when you add up what's attacking them. And they kept their fleets and extended their lead. Which is better than holding roids, which are a nearly useless commodity at the moment. All that matters at this end stage is counted score.
They gained score lead cause Faceless has been FCing vikings. I believe FAnG and other allies have been doing the same. I can't speak to the other allies FCing but I know Faceless is FCing Vikings as payback for all the incs we received from them.

I'm not trying to take away from Spore, but they have only received HEAVY incs in the end stage of the round when it doesn't even matter. If they received these kind of incs the whole round like a lot of other great allies have had to endure I don't think they would have faired as well as they have.

BUT, that is why they have won. They have played their politics brilliantly to end up this way. As an alliance they are great at politics, however, I don't think they have really been tested as far as dealing with medium/heavy incs for a large portion of the round like Old Ultores and Fang had to endure.
Unread 7 May 2014, 16:51   #379
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
They gained score lead cause Faceless has been FCing vikings. I believe FAnG and other allies have been doing the same. I can't speak to the other allies FCing but I know Faceless is FCing Vikings as payback for all the incs we received from them.

I'm not trying to take away from Spore, but they have only received HEAVY incs in the end stage of the round when it doesn't even matter. If they received these kind of incs the whole round like a lot of other great allies have had to endure I don't think they would have faired as well as they have.
Your correct, its been mostly due to the FCs by Faceless, Fang and immortals with some other randoms and spore thrown in. Not much can be done if there are several alliances willing to do this and sacrifice some value to kill off our value. Well played by face and I have no issue with them warring vikings since they have a legitimate reason. PA is a war game after all.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 7 May 2014, 17:01   #380
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

And as for all this cockiness that Spore members are said to be displaying, please don't tar us all with the same brush. I haven't made any such comments and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 17:02   #381
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

What really gave Spore the win is how they capitalized on the hate toward Ultores and Vikings. About other parameters, Spore was at the same level of Vikings and Ultores.
Unread 7 May 2014, 17:18   #382
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Haha, what a crock of shit Rex

Don't worry, this is my last round and for once I am leaving because I want to, not because I have to. Coming back is not an option and I am peace with it. It is something I am looking forward to.
Don't worry though, I will go out with a bang, you can count on it

Oh, and I am intrigued. Where exactly did I say spore was better than the old Ult? I have my views on that, but I am pretty sure I haven't expressed them yet
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 17:27   #383
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Lets start with the easy one, Vikings did not end the agreement with spore in order to win. Far from it, if we wanted to win we would not have come to their aid against the block hitting them and hit ult for them. You guys need to think about this a bit and not have a knee jerk reaction. Ct, Ult, HR where all hitting Spore. Vikings had a nap with CT, and was friendly with ult and HR. As a matter of fact ult had sent like less than 50 fleets at vikings all round. If we wanted to win all we would have to do is sit back and not come to spores aid since ult wanted to remain friendly with us. So if Vikings wanted to win we just let spore roid growth stagnate while we would be free to cap roids and keep on growing.
To be frank, you guys knew Ultores would be an enemy to both of us when you signed the agreement with us. Considering we spent the round dividing Ultores potential allies, we both knew the end game would be vs Ultores and there was repeated mentions of myself to Vikings about the final coordination on Ultores that would end them.

The 'friendly' thing to me is a spin attempt to try and justify why you didn't want to help originally. The reasoning for that was more you wanted Spore bashed down enough to stand a better chance of winning.

Quote:
Now regarding aif, forest and whoever else said we were in talks with Ult for a long time, incorrect. Ult did contact us and there was communication but the agreement and serious talks happened April 27/28 and not 3/4 days prior as you guys claimed. Prior to that it was all just rumors and wishful thinking by people. The reason I know this is because that is the weekend I was busy with real life because I had some serious plumbing issues and I spent the whole weekend taking my washroom apart and fixing my main plumbing line going out of my house. The other HCs kept me informed via WhatsApp. On saturday is when serious talks with ult occurred and sunday/monday is when I was able to talk to them and we had a HC meeting. Prior to the 26/27 nothing was going on and everything you guys have gotten is fiction.
Being honestly frank, you discussed with Ultores behind our back and it involved hitting Spore. An ally should never do a deal in order to hit their ally. That to me was dishonourable.

Quote:
His agenda this round was to ensure spore wins no matter what. I had no problems with Spore (and the fact they wanted to win) and they were good allies. We ended our agreement all due to forest. He lied to us several times and ordered us around. First lie was to ask us to make a deal with HR so that HR would hit ult. I eventually talked to HR a few days later and that's not what they said, they said that they would hit ult if we hit ult. Quite different than what forest told us.
Actually, the HR thing was my mistake. I was under the impression that HR wanted a formal deal with you in order for that to happen but realised later it was in regards to joint attacks.

Nothing to do with Forest. That was entirely my lack of reading fully. For that, I apologise but you guys never let up on anything or gave me the chance to correct on HR.

Quote:
Then forest said make a deal with fang/face so that they would hit ult. Turns out that fang was not going to hit ult and face wasnt either. Turns out Face was going to hit ult only if we hit ult. Thank you for lying to us again and forcing us to abandon insomnia and ND who were helping us. Its great how immortals targeted ND then and how fang PT and hit several insomnia forts over the next few days. Glad to see that you were looking out for your friends in insomnia forest.
The FAnG/Faceless deal actually began on my orders. Initial contact was done through myself after talking to Clouds. You yourself admitted that Vikings could not support Spore properly until the war with FAnG/Faceless was over. Thus I began negotiations to try and bring about peace. I wanted incomings on Vikings gone so that you could help us. A benefit to us both.

Influence even told me to get ingame deals as a sign of clear intent from FAnG/Faceless so I did. At that point you guys felt 'pressured' into a deal, but in reality you just wanted to hit FAnG/Faceless for easy roids. You obsessed over a personal vendetta with them rather than what would actually win the important war with Ultores.

The entire "they would hit Ultores" part was something I never agreed as part of the deal, it was just mentioned that it could happen. Maybe Forest used that point too much for a deal, but my only requirements were for them to stop hitting Vikings.

Quote:
Got to love this next part, Vikings had intel that we were going to get hit by the block and as such grounded. Mighty forest said his intel said that we were not getting hit and we should not ground. I said i disagree and Vikings was grounded and since I was Viking HC and he wasnt we will do what I say and not what he says. He had an emo session and said that we are retarded for grounding since his intel was correct and we werent getting hit. It turns out that we did get incomings, we covered them and managed to send out a few attack fleets. Forest of course did not apologize or acknowledge that he was wrong, not surprised about that at all. PA God Forest is always right and us minions should do as he says.
To be fair, you guys made regular snide comments to Forest and others in Spore command when they weren't needed. Instead of actually discussing, you brought up irrelevant past issues rather than try to sort things out. It felt like at times you and others were baiting Spore command for arguments.

I recall actually agreeing with you and Clouds re grounding after discussion and that attacks could be planned for later after the sheer scope of the attacks on you were gauged correctly. I agreed with Clouds that was a very prudent course of action.

Next day I did acknowledge you were right and we were wrong, so I find it weird you fascinate on Forest so much when I am the voice of Spore policy.

Quote:
At one point there was an incident with Fang I believe. Influence was in fang channel about to talk to a fang HC. Mighty forest tells Influence that he is taking care of it and not to get involved. Who do you think you are to take care of Viking matters without our permission and telling Influence not to get involved? Like come on PA God Forest, not everything revolves around you. I believe it was fang, but could have been facelessor another alliance, cant quite member.
This I was not aware of.

Quote:
Regarding Zhils comment with respect to the ct/spore deal. Yes he is correct, zhil did inform myself that spore was not extending the deal with ct. Forest we didnt ask spore to continue the agreement. I think I might have told Zhil that it might be best that you extend it in order to protect spore and not have a block forming since viking was still in a war with fang/face and could not support spore as much. But that was spores decision, at no time did we tell spore what to do, unlike you. I was not aware of insomnia asking spore not to renew the deal between ct/spore. All I knew regarding that was that spore felt ct was being overly hostile and as such you did not want to renew it. I dont recall anything with respect to insomnia
It was briefly mentioned during when Insomnia also asked you for help verses FAnG. Considering the amount of discussion, I would not blame you for it being missed. One of the key decisions for us re CT is that we could have easily extended the deal and won, but it would have meant abandoning Insomnia. (It would have also led to a very dull round in hindsight)

Quote:
Vikings and I found out about a ct/spore deal to end the war from other sources and from CT and not our ally spore. I am not sure how much zhil knew since forest seemed to be having some interesting conversations. Sufficient to say that from the info I got, my trust in forest kept going down. At this point i realized that he could not be trusted at all and was wanting to turn vikings into his personal minions. I had enough of his antics and the constant lies, half truths and his attitude. This is when I seriously considered ending the agreement with spore and I started talking to ult. This again was the the weekend of April 26/27.
The only official dealings between Spore and CT were through myself. I was keen on my side to open up dialogue so that we could reduce incomings on Spore so it would free up FR in order to assist you guys on Ultores. There was no actual deal. If an actual deal had been proposed or mentioned I would have discussed it with you as I had with the majority of Spore politics. I tried my best to be open with you as much as possible throughout the round.

If Forest conducted full talks with CT, it was not with Spore blessing.

Quote:
Attitude withing Vikings did change after the fang/face/viking deal. Within 24 hours we were able to piece together all the information and separate the lies and half truths from forest with the actual facts. That is when viking command staff start becoming quite pissed off.
I wish you had come to me with everything in order to try and discuss and resolve. Many would say I am a reasonable man.

Quote:
Anyways, Spore played a good political game, no doubt about that. They will be the winners and they earned it, with help of course. Lets be realistic, if Vikings wasnt warring Fang/Face, they probably would have sided with ult or been very ult friendly. Lets not forget the fact that spore and forest repeatedly asked us to go talk to HR and make a deal so they would stop hitting spore. I am not trying to take away from Spores win, they earned it and played the round nicely. But without the help of alliances such as insomnia and others you wouldnt have had the lead to turn into a win.
I don't recall an alliance that has won recently without help from anyone. To do no deals in this day and age of Planetarion is akin to suicide due to the smaller nature of the universe. Politics are but one factor in this game. They alone can't win you a round.

Quote:
Are you as good as ult, todays ult yes, ult from like 10 rounds ago that got bashed for 800 ticks and managed to win so many rounds in a row.....no. I dont think what Ult did when they first started can be repeated anytime soon due to the fact that the standards of alliances has gone up so the different between them and ult is less significant and also other alliances have learned.
I've never claimed Spore to be better than Ultores. I feel their are areas we are both strong and weak in. Also, if standards of alliances were lower than they are now, then I don't see how it can be claimed anyone is better than the other.

Quote:
So take your win, you have definitely earned it, but stating that your better than Ult, no your not. Yes you are better than the current incarnation of ult, but you are not better than ult that won several rounds in a row and came back from several gang ups to win the round. No alliance currently will be able to match that feat and it stands as bar that a lot of alliances will strive for. At some point someone else will set another bar but for the moment that bar is out of the reach of every alliance currently playing.
Again, I feel we have strengths over Ultores and them over us. Earlier incarnations of Ultores are irrelevant to me as they don't count right now. Could Ultores have defeated Fury? Legion? Xanadu even? What about 1up or exilition? It's pointless debate and as you said previously, that bar was set in a lower skill environment of other alliances.

I don't even see why there is a discussion to who won 'better'. To me, there are alliance wins that are deserved and those that aren't. The discussion on better alliances comes generally from throughout that alliance history and Spore is a baby compared to most alliances around today.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 7 May 2014, 17:52   #384
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Hopefully appoco will do a snapshot of the incommings recieved by spore before and after thier nap ended then we can see how many incs they have had at the time they won the round, all this stuff of the last 10 days has bent it all out of proportion.

Zhil the only comments made referring to ultores were initially made by some of your members, from actually playing when 1337 ultores were around they would have given anyone a run for their money tho I presume that quite few of their members played in other top tags too before ultores.

When spore wins 7 in a row then we can start calling it the greatest. Maybe you will have a better rep next round with no Forest. Survey says yes.
Unread 7 May 2014, 18:28   #385
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Hopefully appoco will do a snapshot of the incommings recieved by spore before and after thier nap ended then we can see how many incs they have had at the time they won the round, all this stuff of the last 10 days has bent it all out of proportion.

Zhil the only comments made referring to ultores were initially made by some of your members, from actually playing when 1337 ultores were around they would have given anyone a run for their money tho I presume that quite few of their members played in other top tags too before ultores.

When spore wins 7 in a row then we can start calling it the greatest. Maybe you will have a better rep next round with no Forest. Survey says yes.

I believe Appoc will do his normal result of incomings. However, I feel it a disservice to everyone in this game to say that Spore had already won by the time Vikings joined in against us. Disservice to the attempts and to my own membership for fighting tooth and nail.

No alliance has been pounded for so long under so much incoming this round as Spore has. Naturally there are more factors to include such as Vikings own discipline, to the commitment of their allies amd also to those allies that helped Spore. If Spore win, then naturally I will not be in EORC shouting about our great Spore is.

As I said to Rex, it is impossible to make comparisons between older alliances in different time periods of the game. The game is not the same as when Ultores won, or when Ascendancy won, or even when 1up won (my former alliance).

All I can do is compare Spore to the alliances that have played over the last four rounds when we have.

I don't honestly believe the number of rounds you've won has full bearing on how good an alliance you are. I have no desire to see Spore going for 7 round wins. I'd die of a heart attack long before then

Regards,

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 7 May 2014, 18:48   #386
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:

BUT, that is why they have won. They have played their politics brilliantly to end up this way. As an alliance they are great at politics, however, I don't think they have really been tested as far as dealing with medium/heavy incs for a large portion of the round like Old Ultores and Fang had to endure.
It really has come across as one side tried to fight a war, while another tried to cap roids. Good alliances do well even when they are roided to shit in my experience. Spore are extremely good at getting rid of threats before they even happen, while showing a decent amount of flex. A lot of what they do looks to be common sense, and they have played within their limitations. This round they improved enough to win. So in my mind, although they are not the greatest alliance ever it's a really good victory. Solid politics, but determination and fight to see out the round when it counted.

Last round faceless won virtually by accident: this time victory was entirely deliberate and totally deserved. Spore were absolutely pilloried on here last round by people who didn't know better, but they stuck to playing more or less the same way, cut out the crashes, and improved because good players join alliances doing the right things.

Ultores are a really good alliance: their numbers show them to be extremely resilient (even with CT despite heavy inc) but for the second round running they are unable to win by tick 500. If someone can fix that, then they will be a force to be reckoned with, as I think they're really good when it comes to playing the game.
Unread 7 May 2014, 19:15   #387
fortran

Quote:
It really has come across as one side tried to fight a war, while another tried to cap roids.
As Spore was on the lead on both roid count and score, to try to take their roids was really an stupid idea. Vikings should have considered to idle and hope for the MH team to wipe Spore planets, their member base start to self delete or to sell their fleets. That if Vikings really wanted to win. Imho we should have kept on hitting Faceless which seemed to be more fun and let Spore ride alone to victory.
Unread 7 May 2014, 19:24   #388
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Haha, what a crock of shit Rex

Don't worry, this is my last round and for once I am leaving because I want to, not because I have to. Coming back is not an option and I am peace with it. It is something I am looking forward to.
Don't worry though, I will go out with a bang, you can count on it

Oh, and I am intrigued. Where exactly did I say spore was better than the old Ult? I have my views on that, but I am pretty sure I haven't expressed them yet

I think I speak for the PA community at large when I say "I believe you quite when I actually see you not playing for 2+ rounds and not using a fake nick". You have stated that you quite several times.

So which part am I lying about? The part about the hr, fang, face deal? The part when you told us to not ground and attack since your intel said Vikings was not getting hit? The part when you told Influence that your taking care of things and not to worry/get involved? The part where you said Spore is as good, can war ult 1v1? You said it on IRC for sure, got it in my logs somewhere. I am not 100% sure if you said it on the PA forums.

With respect to your comment on spore being able to war ult 1v1 I cant recall if you meant the current iteration of ult or past.

Also had a talk with Zhil and it seems he misread the request from HR regarding a deal with vikings, so maybe you didnt quite lie about that, however I do stand by the other points I made.

@ArcChas: Unfortunately forest is 1 of the few trolls that drowns out the other alliance members and keeps spouting things off. Since he is the one yelling the loudest he gets heard more often than the other members. I am sure the other spore members are not like him.

@Zhil: We did not jump into a war right away with ult because we were busy with other things going on at the moment. We started discussion when I realized that forest was just abusing our relationship and I had enough of his antics. Prior to that I was going to stick with spore but once I saw some of the other things forest was doing I had enough and had no problems ending our deal with spore. This occurred April 27/28.
You did not state, from what i remember, that spore was better than ult. Most/All the points I made were/are directed at forest. Like I said, if it werent for him I would not have broken away from spore, but his antics, lies, half truths and him being forest just got too much and i had enough. I wish spore all the best in future rounds and they got the win. If it werent for forest Vikings would have stood by Spores side, but there is only so much I was willing to take from him.

@Kaiba: I forgot to remind Appoc so we only have snapshot from mid-round instead of the 1/3 and 2/3 mark. I dont think he can go back and recreate the data to get a 1/3 and 2/3 snapshot. That would have been much more interesting. Might be worthwhile to have him script something so he can take a snap shot 1/4 of the round, 1/2 of the round and then after 1/2 of the round is over maybe every fri night till the round ends. That way you can truly see how the wars and various blocks behave and how things change.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 7 May 2014, 19:31   #389
WillyNilly

Quote:
Last round faceless won virtually by accident
How in the world can you say Faceless won by accident? Similar to Spore this round, Faceless played their politics right last round. We were #1 size the whole round and had the highest avg value the whole round (sound familiar?) We played our politics right where we had few incs the majority of the round (sound familiar again?). When it came to the end of the round people acted too late to stop us from winning (yet again...familiar?) and we did it with far fewer members. Did we start last round playing for the win...no..but around tick 400-500 we realized it was possible if we played it right (and we did). We had 4-5 RL friends or old PA friends sign up and secretly got them all score/roids, and in the last day added them to the tag to win (still with 9 fewer members)...so please don't say it was "by accident"
Unread 7 May 2014, 19:40   #390
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Who cares who is "better"(past, present and future). Fact is Spore won this round by a landslide since noone was able to hit them properly until the last 10 days, and this was purely down to Spore politics/deals.

And before someone starts nagging; yes i consider 40 mill a landslide, when that lead has stayed constant despite 3500+ incs the last 10 days of the round. If you take a look at actual score and value the difference is twice that of 40 mill anyway. Also; before someone nags about this aswell: yes, i consider racestrat an important political desicion, since this creates the foundation of most deals both pre round and during round. By chosing an emp based strat(with the effectiveness of those ships), isolating Ultores and focussing 80% of their value on anti FI, you can't really say that racestrat isnt a purely political tool.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 7 May 2014 at 19:47.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 20:14   #391
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
How in the world can you say Faceless won by accident? Similar to Spore this round, Faceless played their politics right last round. We were #1 size the whole round and had the highest avg value the whole round (sound familiar?) We played our politics right where we had few incs the majority of the round (sound familiar again?). When it came to the end of the round people acted too late to stop us from winning (yet again...familiar?) and we did it with far fewer members. Did we start last round playing for the win...no..but around tick 400-500 we realized it was possible if we played it right (and we did). We had 4-5 RL friends or old PA friends sign up and secretly got them all score/roids, and in the last day added them to the tag to win (still with 9 fewer members)...so please don't say it was "by accident"
It is entirely out of the ordinary that an alliance spends an entire round hellbent on another alliance's destruction when they can't win, and doing it at their own expense. That on its own changed everything, and was the primary enabler for faceless to win. In short, exceptional circumstances. If that happened every round, no one would attack anybody.

So yes, by accident. Spore were easily the best alliance politically last round, and pulled off some hilarious shit (the meltdown of vikings was brilliant) but it was only ultores taking exception to a weaker alliance beating them and some inexperience on their part that stopped them. Played with the same mentality this round, played better, no one got near them.

Let me repeat again: by accident.
Unread 7 May 2014, 20:21   #392
WillyNilly

you are delusional...that is all
Unread 7 May 2014, 20:43   #393
fortran

Still seems to me that Faceless beat Spore in score in r55 because the way Spore plays. The only difference between this round and the previous was that Spore didnt find an ally to do its dirty work as efficient as Faceless did to Vikings this round.
But we could create the "Should have been" trophy for next round so that kind of achievements listed by lokken dont pass in vain.
Unread 7 May 2014, 20:46   #394
WillyNilly

For the record...as i've stated multiple times. We (Faceless) are not doing Spores "dirty work", what we are doing is getting payback for the incs Vikings gave us, nothing to do with helping Spore. It just turns out that us getting payback benefits Spore.
Unread 7 May 2014, 21:30   #395
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to beat WillyNilly up and steal his lunch money (metaphorically ofcourse)
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 21:31   #396
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Spore were easily the best alliance politically last round, and pulled off some hilarious shit (the meltdown of vikings was brilliant
I wouldn't phrase it as "a meltdown", as this implies that we gave up, which to the contrary, the members pulled together rather than have certain folk carry the alliance.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2014, 22:17   #397
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I wouldn't phrase it as "a meltdown", as this implies that we gave up, which to the contrary, the members pulled together rather than have certain folk carry the alliance.
Happy to be corrected. No reflection on your members giving up.
Unread 7 May 2014, 22:52   #398
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Still seems to me that Faceless beat Spore in score in r55 because the way Spore plays. The only difference between this round and the previous was that Spore didnt find an ally to do its dirty work as efficient as Faceless did to Vikings this round.
But we could create the "Should have been" trophy for next round so that kind of achievements listed by lokken dont pass in vain.
You've misinterpreted me here. The spore way of playing is great, because they actively make moves that give them a better chance of winning: this is exactly how they played last round. That's not saying they didn't deserve to lose, because fleets are precious, and losing them carelessly is digging your own grave. I'm not saying faceless aren't smart: they went all out to maximise score and hid planets in the event that they might be able to win. But sitting back and staying out of war relies on things going your way. Going out and picking the right fights means you are making your own route to win. Had they played differently, they would have been taken out the game by ultores.

Yet despite all of that, people came out here and had the balls to criticise Spore politics when they made consistently good decisions. No one can account for an alliance sacrificing everything to make you lose: and had they not hit ultores they would be dead. So given that they played the same way again, won, and won well, means that some people need to hold their hands up. There is no award for 2nd, you're right: that doesn't mean I won't appreciate good play when I see it.
Unread 8 May 2014, 05:56   #399
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

ok I will bite.

Quote:
I think I speak for the PA community at large when I say "I believe you quite when I actually see you not playing for 2+ rounds and not using a fake nick". You have stated that you quite several times.
I think you speak for a very small vocal minority. People who know me know why I have quit in the past, and why it is different to my reasons now. They also know why I played this round, which I never should have done.

Quote:
So which part am I lying about? The part about the hr, fang, face deal? The part when you told us to not ground and attack since your intel said Vikings was not getting hit? The part when you told Influence that your taking care of things and not to worry/get involved? The part where you said Spore is as good, can war ult 1v1? You said it on IRC for sure, got it in my logs somewhere. I am not 100% sure if you said it on the PA forums.
Yes I told you not to ground, because you weren't getting nearly as much incomings as you thought, which was right.
Yes I said we were good enough to war ult 1 v 1. I was right. We DID war Ult 1 v 1 and we beat them easily. They have acknowledged this. Infact I have the logs direct from the block room of agar3s whining that Ult were getting smashed and no-one would help. It is why Ult decided to hit FL as punishment (Ults politics = help us or we kill you. You should understand that, what with you and your fellow hc running scared and all that )
I still don't see where I said we were better than Ult that won the first couple of their rounds.

Quote:
With respect to your comment on spore being able to war ult 1v1 I cant recall if you meant the current iteration of ult or past.
Yet you chose to troll on here with that very comment.

Quote:
Also had a talk with Zhil and it seems he misread the request from HR regarding a deal with vikings, so maybe you didnt quite lie about that, however I do stand by the other points I made.
I never lie.

Quote:
@ArcChas: Unfortunately forest is 1 of the few trolls that drowns out the other alliance members and keeps spouting things off. Since he is the one yelling the loudest he gets heard more often than the other members. I am sure the other spore members are not like him.
I disagree. If you read this thread you will see that I have barely made any posts (cba to count but what, 3 or 4 out of 300?)
Infact it is your HC that has made more. I have simply replied to a couple of posts (against direct orders).
I have since had 3 alliances say 'we need to make sure spore loses so Forest stays'. i am not as hated as you would have us believe

Quote:
@Zhil: We did not jump into a war right away with ult because we were busy with other things going on at the moment. We started discussion when I realized that forest was just abusing our relationship and I had enough of his antics. Prior to that I was going to stick with spore but once I saw some of the other things forest was doing I had enough and had no problems ending our deal with spore. This occurred April 27/28.
You did not state, from what i remember, that spore was better than ult. Most/All the points I made were/are directed at forest. Like I said, if it werent for him I would not have broken away from spore, but his antics, lies, half truths and him being forest just got too much and i had enough. I wish spore all the best in future rounds and they got the win. If it werent for forest Vikings would have stood by Spores side, but there is only so much I was willing to take from him.
Wait wait, what?
You had a chance, a good chance, of winning. You threw all that away to spite ONE person. Your members must love you.

This is your problem, you don't think through anything properly, its always emotionally charged. Bashar had it spot on.
Fact is, you wanted FL/Fang to hit Ult with you. They were willing. YOU refused any kind of co-ordination, you just wanted them to do your bidding, through me. As previously stated, you even refused to join the joint room. Instead you sat in our room and just made dig after dig at me personally. That was when I refused to organise anything because frankly, you didn't deserve it.

Quote:
@Kaiba: I forgot to remind Appoc so we only have snapshot from mid-round instead of the 1/3 and 2/3 mark. I dont think he can go back and recreate the data to get a 1/3 and 2/3 snapshot. That would have been much more interesting. Might be worthwhile to have him script something so he can take a snap shot 1/4 of the round, 1/2 of the round and then after 1/2 of the round is over maybe every fri night till the round ends. That way you can truly see how the wars and various blocks behave and how things change.
It changes nothing. Fact is, people who are critisising spore here now should be critisising the other 'side'.

PLENTY of alliances could hit us and PLENTY of alliances chose not to. When we warred FL, NO-ONE came to their aid. When we took on Ult, they were left alone. The ONLY alliance who tried hitting us and carried on hitting us alone was CT.
Even in the agreement which is spoke about here with CT, Spore was still getting 30-50 incs from them a night at important key times, at a time when we were in wars with others.

And this is my point with XP. People thought/think they can avoid hitting Spore, leave it till round end then mass gang bang them with everyone they can find and win through XP alone. It increases stagnation through the round and gang ups at end of rounds. Remove xp, go back to value rankings and go back to value (or jump around, use score one round, value the next). Using xp ranks atm isn't an option, they are too broken.

We chose race strategy to be at our best against our potential enemies, we did our best to war our enemies at a time of our choosing.
You however did nothing but whine the whole way round and act in a way un-befitting of an alliance HC who potentially holds the gaming experience of 60 other guys in his hands. To me it is not a wonder that you are being fc'd now, but a wonder that half your alliance is still playing under you.
Unread 8 May 2014, 06:04   #400
Forest

Just counted to be sure, I have made 12/403 replies. Of those 12, most were things like 'indeed' and hardly worth counting.

4 maybe 5 were posts of anything of note.