User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Oct 2013, 19:38   #1
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Message to Vikings from Spore

Last night you started targeting us, presumably thinking we were an easy target. You were wrong (as the rankings and your ships destroyed by our hands show).

Spore now considers itself at war with Vikings and now will do everything to ensure you do not win the round. After Clouds guaranteed that we would not be targeted by Vikings unless we P-targeted you, we largely avoided you. Now, not only has Clouds lost all credibility (after the second time his word has been proven untrustworthy this round), but Vikings has shown its true colours and incurred our hostility for the rest of this round.

Enjoy the rest of the round, it is after all a game and we intend to enjoy every battle report that we have. We hope you enjoy it too, even though it has just got harder for you.
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 19:51   #2
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Message to Vikings from Spore

Oh no 20 shit planets are gonna most likely crash into Vikings for 3 days...
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 19:58   #3
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Didn't they just knock vikings off the top spot?
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 20:02   #4
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Someone say salvage farming?
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 20:06   #5
SnowSeal

SnowSeal has a spectacular aura aboutSnowSeal has a spectacular aura about

Kai is still sore from us landing SK's on his planet
SnowSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 20:18   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSeal View Post
Kai is still sore from us landing SK's on his planet
Why would I be sore about you landing a ship on my planet?
If you knew anything about me you would know I like sks and have no issue with who use them.

But then you are in Spore, land of the deluded and mentally ill (hi forest and bitcher) you have probably been fed so much bullshit about people that you think Influence is some kind of political powerhouse
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 20:36   #7
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Why would I be sore about you landing a ship on my planet?
If you knew anything about me you would know I like sks and have no issue with who use them.

But then you are in Spore, land of the deluded and mentally ill (hi forest and bitcher) you have probably been fed so much bullshit about people that you think Influence is some kind of political powerhouse
Who mentioned Influence?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 20:48   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You're not exactly doing yourself any favours here.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 21:23   #9
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
Last night you started targeting us, presumably thinking we were an easy target. You were wrong (as the rankings and your ships destroyed by our hands show).

Spore now considers itself at war with Vikings and now will do everything to ensure you do not win the round. After Clouds guaranteed that we would not be targeted by Vikings unless we P-targeted you, we largely avoided you. Now, not only has Clouds lost all credibility (after the second time his word has been proven untrustworthy this round), but Vikings has shown its true colours and incurred our hostility for the rest of this round.

Enjoy the rest of the round, it is after all a game and we intend to enjoy every battle report that we have. We hope you enjoy it too, even though it has just got harder for you.
You say this like someone actually cares. CT has already won so no one is playing for anything. Seems the new trend in PA is king making as the last few rnds show.
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 21:23   #10
AndyMan

PS they had a stock that put them ahead yesterday (before spore was hit)...just sayin
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 21:34   #11
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMan View Post
PS they had a stock that put them ahead yesterday (before spore was hit)...just sayin

So if Vikings allready had lost, why would they go out with a big bang trying to lose even more credibility with going back on their words?
This is how Vikings is built up, i dont say that every member is rotten, but there is something realy rotting in the core of this alliance, and it has been for the last 3 rounds.

Unread 22 Oct 2013, 21:38   #12
AndyMan

I can't speak for the HCs but just from my own experience we've been kept in the dark about all political decisions for quite some time so you're assessment that the core of the alliance is rotten is misplaced.
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 21:43   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You say this like someone actually cares. CT has already won so no one is playing for anything. Seems the new trend in PA is king making as the last few rnds show.
It's not over until it's over. Or until you go out of your way to piss off random alliances for no apparent reason, I guess.

Quote:
I can't speak for the HCs but just from my own experience we've been kept in the dark about all political decisions for quite some time so you're assessment that the core of the alliance is rotten is misplaced.
Some might argue that kind of atmosphere could be described as 'rotten'. The kindergarten level "Stand in the corner for 5 minutes" thing doesn't exactly make things look good either.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 21:49   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Well i think the HC team is apart of the core in that context. What the HC team does should reflect what each allies stand for.
I think their PR Department is seriously not knowing what to do at times.

R51 they said that they were happy With 2nd or 3rd as long as Apprime would win. Stagnating the round to Death.

R52 Kargool refused to let them continue as TGV due to various reasons.

R53 Well, yeah, a lot of stuff.

They have appointed Clouds as HC, and he has a history of stealing gal funds and trying to decieve other players.
They accept Dav who tried to abuse the C200 feature in this game for own rankings.
RexDrax keeps posting logs from PMs he have had with other alliances HCs to try make them look stupid, even when he is told not to.
And to me it seems like a lot of the members have this view on other alliances that they are just around to feed the "top allies(Vikings/FAnG this round)" with roids.
Its so many stuff that keeps comming out bad, one would actualy belive that they would try to rework their attitude as they got more experinced, but they just keep on doing stuff that makes certain People actualy dislike em, belive it or not.

Unread 22 Oct 2013, 21:54   #15
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

TBH the attitude from Vikings HC last night was "we have to hit you, we have no targets left because we have napped everyone else".

Vikings continually nap the very people who can stop them winning. They did it with App a couple or rounds back, they did it with fang too early when CT got close and then they did it with CT once CT got in a position to win.

As Spore have continually said, there is NO value in napping anyone who you need to hit in order to win.

Vikings decided that they could nap CT and farm Spore for xp, but Spore simply isn't prepared to lie down and take it.

Of course, it didn't help that Vikings HC broke their word for the third time this round

The way I see it now is, Spore will get roided dry pretty fast and have nothing to lose. We can afford to do nothing but fleet catch our enemies, as has been shown last night.

Vikings had a score lead when they started this with us, it was all their choice.

And there is no 'king-making' here. Vikings decided to hit us for easy XP and have found out we will fight back hard. There is no more to it than that.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 22:14   #16
AndyMan

No use arguing over moot points. Bottom line is that all allies are going to have to attack eachother at some point (this is a war game afterall so relax). When a block of 3 allies attacks you quickly followed by the #2 (Fang) and #3 (ND) ally ganging up on you and vowing that you would not win the round (aka trolling) no matter which way you slice it a non-deserving ally ends up on top and is King made (sorry CT but its true). This has happened the last few rnds as well and has gotten a bit boring. You cry foul when others do it then you do it yourselves, which do you want? Spore/CT/ND/Fang all made up their minds about Vikings before the rnd even got going and CT took the noble path to fence the rnd, so I find it hypocritical when you try to portray that you are taking some "righteous" path vilifying Vikings when you all are the ones holding the gun to their head backing them into the corner with your lame blocking in the first place. Really, what other options did Vikings have this rnd? (That was a rhetorical question so no need to answer) You all made it pretty clear you did not want them to win and cry foul when you expect them to just site in the corner like kindergarteners, using Mz's analogy. Retarded...
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 22:20   #17
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I presume that

Relation Change 1078 Conspiracy and Vikings have confirmed they are allied.

this will be dropped by the 48 tick deadline?
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 22:24   #18
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
RexDrax keeps posting logs from PMs he have had with other alliances HCs to try make them look stupid, even when he is told not to.

HAHA and of course your not even questionable?

Ahem... if your referring to the log of our conversation, I gave a link with the log to my HC team to read over while I slept. I was not the one that posted it and as a matter of fact I took the log down after they read it. Another HC member had a copy and re-uploaded it and posted it. Had nothing to do with me so get your story straight. But I guess the truth would hinder your delusion so whatever.

I believe the only time I have posted portions of logs is when someone is saying something that isnt accurate as prove.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 22:27   #19
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
No use arguing over moot points. Bottom line is that all allies are going to have to attack eachother at some point (this is a war game afterall so relax). When a block of 3 allies attacks you quickly followed by the #2 (Fang) and #3 (ND) ally ganging up on you and vowing that you would not win the round (aka trolling) no matter which way you slice it a non-deserving ally ends up on top and is King made (sorry CT but its true). This has happened the last few rnds as well and has gotten a bit boring. You cry foul when others do it then you do it yourselves, which do you want? Spore/CT/ND/Fang all made up their minds about Vikings before the rnd even got going and CT took the noble path to fence the rnd, so I find it hypocritical when you try to portray that you are taking some "righteous" path vilifying Vikings when you all are the ones holding the gun to their head backing them into the corner with your lame blocking in the first place. Really, what other options did Vikings have this rnd? (That was a rhetorical question so no need to answer) You all made it pretty clear you did not want them to win and cry foul when you expect them to just site in the corner like kindergarteners, using Mz's analogy. Retarded...
I don't know what your HC have been feeding you, but the truth is spore never decided ANYTHING pre-round.
Infact, we have sought a nap three times with vikings so we could persue other objectives. Each time was met with 'we dont need a nap, we just wont hit you', followed by vikings hitting spore.

Infact, spore have only hit vikings twice. The first time was when we were getting incoming from vikings, and was retal. The second time was today when vikings hit us and we fleet caught one of the attackers.

They decided on this course of action and no-one else.

Unfortunetly, you have clouds in your hc. Now, clouds has a habit of promising one thing (such as we wont hit you if you dont p-target us), but then doing the opposite. He has proven on several occasions that is the case, in this round alone.

So you cant claim much against spore, who have continually tried to play pa with no allies/naps, only to be forced into it as everyone likes to hit down the ranks instead of hitting their direct competition.
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 22:29   #20
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
If you had been reading up all the threads that been going on the last 10 rounds or what not, and this one in particular, you would actualy understand why certain allies would go for Vikings as this round went on.
Its not like you can do something bad, and it will all be forgotten in a heart beat, and its not like FAnG want to "kingmake" CT cus they just simply did not like Vikings to begin win.
Youve heard of karma before, and often its not dealt by some Divine Power, but at times it is dealt With by other People around you, threat them With the respect and honour you want them to threat you With, and they will.
Attacking CT early on, NAPing FAnG, and then targetting Spore mid round, and then targetting FAnG and Spore in the end of the round dont give you friends.

And there will always be someone around in every alliance that will keep grudges to certain alliances for promoting a certain type of play that is against my ethics, and such People would actualy not like to see certain People/alliances suceed due to this.
Im only a loyal peon, but if you keep getting more and more people against Your alliance or certain people in Your alliance it will add up in the end.
Im pretty sure someone in Vikings or the old TGV said that alliances would do worse when i was in the memberbase than if i wernt there at all due to their indifference With my views and thoughts of the game.

FAnG backstabbed ROCK R50, and the people in ROCK swore to make em pay for this, and in the end ND won the round.
Ult kept hitting Spore last round, and we did not want to go down silently.
It all adds up, if Vikings were not to win this round its cus of a lot of factors, not only cus half the univers wants to "troll you and make CT win".
Stop trying to blame everyone around you when something bad happends.

Unread 22 Oct 2013, 22:32   #21
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
HAHA and of course your not even questionable?

Ahem... if your referring to the log of our conversation, I gave a link with the log to my HC team to read over while I slept. I was not the one that posted it and as a matter of fact I took the log down after they read it. Another HC member had a copy and re-uploaded it and posted it. Had nothing to do with me so get your story straight. But I guess the truth would hinder your delusion so whatever.

I believe the only time I have posted portions of logs is when someone is saying something that isnt accurate as prove.
Well i might be mistaken that it was you, for that i am sorry.
Personal "attacks" like this is for certain actions, not for the persona you are, and you should know this.
And thank you for saying that it was someone else in the HC team, as it just proves my point that something is terrible wrong within the current team, and the team of the recent rounds.

Unread 22 Oct 2013, 23:05   #22
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Your alliance deserves to lose
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 01:02   #23
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Oh great, another whine thread from Bashar.. I'm starting to think that Spore are just a bunch of girls.

Last edited by Clouds; 23 Oct 2013 at 01:08.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 04:54   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.

This is pretty far from a whine thread.
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 08:18   #25
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Spore... made up their minds about Vikings before the rnd even got going
Factually incorrect and I am sure even Vikings HC would tell you that.
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 08:30   #26
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Oh great, another whine thread from Bashar.. I'm starting to think that Spore are just a bunch of girls.
I think this sums up your problem Clouds. When somebody disagrees with you or says something you don't like, you jump on them with either accusations of whining or a personal attack (sadly there are too many around this community that do this, you are not alone).

You and I have had many discussions over the last few rounds and we always got on well even when we were on opposite sides of a war. This is a war game and as with all games, your friends are often where the fiercest competition lies, that doesn't stop you being friends though.

As for your specific allegations, if you think it was a "whine thread", I think you need to re-read my post at the start of it as it is clearly not. Dismissing something as a whine thread just because you don't like it is simply ignorance. As for Spore being a bunch of girls - again, you really should re-read my post. We are not complaining or crying foul, rather we are stating our position and the circumstances that led to that position so that you are able to understand where we are coming from.

If you disagree with my post or factors within it, at least have the decency to provide a counter argument and specific details otherwise you just look like the petulant child with his fingers rammed solidly in his ears shouting "LA-LA-LA-LA".
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 08:31   #27
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Factually incorrect and I am sure even Vikings HC would tell you that.
i can attest to that, it wasn't until i denied a nap to become effective immediately when asked because we had our attack aranged allready, and i told Forest to come look me up the next day so i could share the decision of Vikings HC TEAM with him.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 23 Oct 2013 at 08:59.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 08:57   #28
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think this sums up your problem Clouds. When somebody disagrees with you or says something you don't like, you jump on them with either accusations of whining or a personal attack (sadly there are too many around this community that do this, you are not alone).

You and I have had many discussions over the last few rounds and we always got on well even when we were on opposite sides of a war. This is a war game and as with all games, your friends are often where the fiercest competition lies, that doesn't stop you being friends though.

As for your specific allegations, if you think it was a "whine thread", I think you need to re-read my post at the start of it as it is clearly not. Dismissing something as a whine thread just because you don't like it is simply ignorance. As for Spore being a bunch of girls - again, you really should re-read my post. We are not complaining or crying foul, rather we are stating our position and the circumstances that led to that position so that you are able to understand where we are coming from.

If you disagree with my post or factors within it, at least have the decency to provide a counter argument and specific details otherwise you just look like the petulant child with his fingers rammed solidly in his ears shouting "LA-LA-LA-LA".
Except for the fact that you are crying foul and attack Clouds on the credibility of his word, when in fact the 'guarantee' you are talking about is nothing but an informal acknowledgement of what our stance at that time was. Fairly similar to my words Forest early on in the round when i speculated on it being very unlikely that we would target Spore at that time of the round.

The situation since that informal acknowledgement changed a fair bit tho, with FAnG turning out to be a house of cards at best.

Last edited by Influence; 23 Oct 2013 at 09:05.
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 08:58   #29
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
i can attest to that, it wasn't until i denied a nap to become effective immediately when asked because we had our attack aranged allready, and i told Forest to come look me up the next day so i could share the decision of Vikincs HC team with him.
You are correct in the timing, though your post implies that we attacked out of some sort of spite at denial of a NAP request. This was not actually the case (though I understand why it appeared that way). At the time our political situation was changing very rapidly for various reasons and other agreements were being discussed and finalised at the same time. Shortly after the approach to you it became obvious that actually, we didn't really want that NAP as other agreements worked out better than expected and with you having been the most obvious provider of incs to us (we weren't keeping exact stats, though Vikings was cropping up repeatedly in our checks of who was hitting us) we had realised that at that point, we really wanted to be hitting you rather than NAPing you. Consequently I was personally quite happy when those discussions didn't work out as I felt that they had been sending us down the wrong path for the round.

That was why it worked out how it did from our perspective.
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 09:37   #30
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
you having been the most obvious provider of incs to us (we weren't keeping exact stats, though Vikings was cropping up repeatedly in our checks of who was hitting us)
Wouldnt the fact that half your command team have a semi on about Vikings mean that any incomming from them would be pointed out more whereas incomming from others maybe not as much. The fact you arent keeping exact stats would add to this thought process that the pure hate that vocal members of your alliance like Bitcher have for Vikings would lead to their incommings been spotted more than other. From the 200 ticks i spent in Spore this round it was very obvious that anything Vikings related would be picked up on more than if it came from another. I remember one night noticing you had 10 incommings from Vikings and it was talk of the channel but the 9 incommings from HR werent being mentioned at all.

Also yes this is a whine thread, it serves no purpose except to complain about Vikings and crow that they lost some value attacking you. If you were declaring war you could do that ingame, there is no need to come here to the troll/whine backwater of PA and say about it. Spore is currently the least dignified alliance playing i think. It command team is regularly making posts and threads discrediting and belitting other alliances. Your last thread Bashar about HR shows this to its maximum.

I also dont see what Spore are going to do in these final 3 days of PA. Roids mean nothing now so Vikings might as well let you through and roid you back for XP. Its all about lands now, defending is not as relevant.
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 09:54   #31
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The situation since that informal acknowledgement changed a fair bit tho, with FAnG turning out to be a house of cards at best.
lol

We made the decision not to try and cover the roids. The sooner we lose them, the sooner you have to go and piss off another alliance who will want to hit you (tada). And we are having more fun sking your planets than we would be trying to cover lots of incs

You were obviously very desperate to win this round Influence, I feel sorry for you!
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 09:55   #32
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
I also dont see what Spore are going to do in these final 3 days of PA. Roids mean nothing now so Vikings might as well let you through and roid you back for XP. Its all about lands now, defending is not as relevant.
They FC'd a Vikings for ~3mil score yesterday....Im looking forward to seeing what else happens
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 10:20   #33
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Wouldnt the fact that half your command team have a semi on about Vikings mean that any incomming from them would be pointed out more whereas incomming from others maybe not as much. The fact you arent keeping exact stats would add to this thought process that the pure hate that vocal members of your alliance like Bitcher have for Vikings would lead to their incommings been spotted more than other. From the 200 ticks i spent in Spore this round it was very obvious that anything Vikings related would be picked up on more than if it came from another. I remember one night noticing you had 10 incommings from Vikings and it was talk of the channel but the 9 incommings from HR werent being mentioned at all.

Also yes this is a whine thread, it serves no purpose except to complain about Vikings and crow that they lost some value attacking you. If you were declaring war you could do that ingame, there is no need to come here to the troll/whine backwater of PA and say about it. Spore is currently the least dignified alliance playing i think. It command team is regularly making posts and threads discrediting and belitting other alliances. Your last thread Bashar about HR shows this to its maximum.

At this point i was crying out for roiding FAnG, so no, i was quite disapointed in being overruled as usual

Unread 23 Oct 2013, 10:24   #34
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
At this point i was crying out for roiding FAnG, so no, i was quite disapointed in being overruled as usual
This cause we lolwaved you with 4 fleets at tick 200?
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 11:28   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
If you were declaring war you could do that ingame, there is no need to come here to the troll/whine backwater of PA and say about it. Spore is currently the least dignified alliance playing i think. It command team is regularly making posts and threads discrediting and belitting other alliances.
This is AD. Attempting to convince people to do what you want is the whole purpose of this place. If other alliances refuse to do it, then that's their problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connovar View Post
They FC'd a Vikings for ~3mil score yesterday....Im looking forward to seeing what else happens
Holy shit man! Gloat overload.
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 11:43   #36
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Holy shit man! Gloat overload.
Not really, I was merely highlighting what a 30 man spore could do to Vikings, as he was dubious they would have any impact. I do find it funny that Vikings hit spore for easy roids and got their fingers burnt though!
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 11:44   #37
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
You are correct in the timing, though your post implies that we attacked out of some sort of spite at denial of a NAP request. This was not actually the case (though I understand why it appeared that way). At the time our political situation was changing very rapidly for various reasons and other agreements were being discussed and finalised at the same time. Shortly after the approach to you it became obvious that actually, we didn't really want that NAP as other agreements worked out better than expected and with you having been the most obvious provider of incs to us (we weren't keeping exact stats, though Vikings was cropping up repeatedly in our checks of who was hitting us) we had realised that at that point, we really wanted to be hitting you rather than NAPing you. Consequently I was personally quite happy when those discussions didn't work out as I felt that they had been sending us down the wrong path for the round.

That was why it worked out how it did from our perspective.
Then why did Forest state that we were the least hostile alliance towards you? And the wrong path for the round would be not blocking up? I mean, all fine that you wanted to war us, but don't act sanctemoneous when we choose to war you.

Unread 23 Oct 2013, 11:45   #38
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Not really, I was merely highlighting what a 30 man spore could do to Vikings, as he was dubious they would have any impact. I do find it funny that Vikings hit spore for easy roids and got their fingers burnt though!
A bit like how you decided to backstab CT and got your fingers burned too?

Unread 23 Oct 2013, 11:49   #39
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
A bit like how you decided to backstab CT and got your fingers burned too?
Something you and the rest of your HC had literally been begging me to do all round.

And the two situations are hardly equivalents, as CT is fighting for #1 - Vikings have napped most alliances anywhere near #1, guess you don't have any option but to attempt to farm the smaller allies eh
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 12:08   #40
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
lol

We made the decision not to try and cover the roids. The sooner we lose them, the sooner you have to go and piss off another alliance who will want to hit you (tada). And we are having more fun sking your planets than we would be trying to cover lots of incs

You were obviously very desperate to win this round Influence, I feel sorry for you!
So you chosen to throw away a virtual 10m lead(your choice if you believe me, but you really were ahead by 10m virtually) by not even fighting? Isn't that what i said? if you had been a house of cards you would have at least fought it. We weren't able to crack you without the help of CT, what reason did you have to believe we would be able to crack you with their help? And what reason did you have to think you couldn't yet again turn CT on us?

As far as us having to hit another alliance sooner, doesn't the same thing go for CT? At least i believe they are under more pressure now than Vikings is, and it was them who chosen to hit another alliance first.

As for being desperate for the win, i wouldn't call it desperate, we saw a chance and we took it. If we hadn't we'd almost certainly have been behind both FAnG and CT at this point in time. At least we managed to eliminate one alliance from that process, and due to some emo'ing in CT's ranks we might actually be able to still win it.

Unread 23 Oct 2013, 12:13   #41
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Something you and the rest of your HC had literally been begging me to do all round.

And the two situations are hardly equivalents, as CT is fighting for #1 - Vikings have napped most alliances anywhere near #1, guess you don't have any option but to attempt to farm the smaller allies eh
I haven't begged you to do anything, it was Buddah that originally offered to stand together versus a CT/ND block. When the time came that block formed we found out you actually had agreements with both of them, so the moment we managed to get some relieve of their incs i cancelled the fort avoid we had with you. Bit funny making us out to to having napped the most alliances when in fact you had dealings with all 6 other full tags at the same time. While apart from two nights since the CT/ND/Spore block hit us we have allways been at a state of war with at least one of them.

Unread 23 Oct 2013, 12:16   #42
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Vikings didn't eliminate FAnG, get over yourself!

You pussies gave up hitting us until you had half the universe backing you up.

FAnG also came into this round not wanting to play for the win, it just kinda happened, and some let ourselves get swept up in it despite an agreement pre-round for it not to happen, because in all honesty, winning this game isn't worth the hassle!

When I made the deal with you guys to hit ct, the design being so that all 3 of us could gal raid the round out (much like ct were doing already), this was intended so that we could all have fun, and whoever won, won.

But nothing changes
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 12:45   #43
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Vikings didn't eliminate FAnG, get over yourself!

You pussies gave up hitting us until you had half the universe backing you up.

FAnG also came into this round not wanting to play for the win, it just kinda happened, and some let ourselves get swept up in it despite an agreement pre-round for it not to happen, because in all honesty, winning this game isn't worth the hassle!
So you eliminated yourselves?

You didnt want to play for the win but you still organised yourselves to do so and recruited a full tag of competent players..... ok then... you keep telling yourself you werent going for the win.
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 13:25   #44
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Since many people are asking... Akri (Revol) who is a quite unpleasant abusive person emoquit this morning, 9mil planet. rather than try to cover his defense we chose to cover others for the good of the alliance.

We are glad to see him go but just wish it was after the end of the round.

Cant kick 9mil planets when going ftw but they can be like a cancer in the alaince.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 13:28   #45
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
So you eliminated yourselves?

You didnt want to play for the win but you still organised yourselves to do so and recruited a full tag of competent players..... ok then... you keep telling yourself you werent going for the win.
Kai, we wont turn away core members/ returning old players, the fact that we ended up with a full tag was unintentional, it was agreed pre-round since cartman and buddah were hcing we would have a round of getting used to the new setup.

Like said, we ended up in the title race by chance. I don't need to lie about that
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 14:54   #46
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Assigning an "Evil Lord" to be beaten seems to be a recurrent strategy to gather allies or motivate one's group in this game.

Last edited by fortran; 23 Oct 2013 at 15:11.
fortran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 18:27   #47
Forest

/me facepalms at all the b*llsh*t being spouted by kai and vikings in this thread
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 19:35   #48
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Then why did Forest state that we were the least hostile alliance towards you?
The only answer I have for that is that I have no idea.

Quote:
And the wrong path for the round would be not blocking up?
Our natural inclination nowadays is to not block up and that would have been how we felt at the time. However we know that we are not a big enough alliance this round to dictate the round's politics. Consequently whilst we can make plans and do what we can to affect outcomes, ultimately we are largely only in a position to react to events. This means our plans had to change several times.

Quote:
I mean, all fine that you wanted to war us, but don't act sanctemoneous when we choose to war you.
Choosing to go to war with us is fine too, unless you have said that you won't be. I make a point of telling the truth and Clouds has always told me that he does the same. If I said that to an alliance, then we would not go to war with them unless they started it, regardless of other considerations. We would be true to my word. I would have to think long and hard before I said such a thing because I know how difficult it would be to guarantee such a thing, you have to be pretty certain of your path. But once said, that would be it for us. Maybe we just have different standards to Vikings; maybe our word and integrity means more to us as you don't seem to see this as a problem. Had the boot been on the other foot right now, I would have had a heavy conscience.
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 19:40   #49
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
This is very much off-topic, but I read this and just had to ask one simple question:

What on earth is the point in playing then? I don't get it, nobody starts a game of monopoly and says "I am not going to try to win, it's too difficult, I am just going to play it."
Unread 23 Oct 2013, 20:39   #50
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
This is very much off-topic, but I read this and just had to ask one simple question:

What on earth is the point in playing then? I don't get it, nobody starts a game of monopoly and says "I am not going to try to win, it's too difficult, I am just going to play it."
I Guess he tries to say its not possibole to just say that they are going for the win without having a team wich would be able to put in a hell lot of effort to do so.
And even investing so much effort and will into winning aint Worth it as in the end its not sure if its up to you if Your gonna win or not