User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 10 Sep 2013, 07:26   #1
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
MoW and other ministerial business

So, its great you can see what ships you have ingal. However, i would like to be able to see who has which ships and so on, i wouldn't mind something like the fleets page in alliance. So you can mail them ingame and so on just by clicking their fleet.

I realise that there are some people who do not wish to share what ships they have home. but i think a checkbox on the preference page, like the option to block scans from ingal.
"Share fleet information to MoW"

PS i think ministers need an overhaul in general in terms of the abilities given.
for example MoD setting a galaxy tax, GC able to run galaxy like a dictatorship, but when he assigns ministers loses those abilities.
Unread 10 Sep 2013, 07:51   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: MoW and other ministerial business

MInisters are and always have been a completely pointless concept that adds nothing to the game.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2013, 18:34   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
MInisters are and always have been a completely pointless concept that adds nothing to the game.
They aren't pointless, it makes me feel special!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2013, 18:57   #4
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

oh the days when being a minister was 5% extra income and Gc was 10%
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2013, 01:00   #5
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I disagree completely. I agree that now they are implemented in a pointless way (i.e. they are used to massage egos). However, the reason I am here at all is my first GC; he made me a minister (MOW if I remember right) and A2 a minister (MOC I think) and taught us the ropes and got us involved, having us doing the jobs and contributing in the appropriate ways for our galaxy. That was round 4 and I would argue that since then both myself and A2 have made a positive contribution to the game.

In the end, I think the concept of GC and the ministers is 100% spot on, I think it is a very poor reflection on the community that they are generally used more for personal status and ego than they are for helping the gal and furthering the interests of the planets within it.

In the end, if the right people have those positions, the game, and in particular the community, would be in a far better state right now.
Unread 11 Sep 2013, 01:20   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
They are far from pointless, but the PA crew has been screwing the game over for 30 rounds now, and not still having a MoW just for fun is one of em.
The PA crew dont know how to fix this game, and trying to suggest things to them are pointless. Lets move on please

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2013, 01:43   #7
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
I disagree completely. I agree that now they are implemented in a pointless way (i.e. they are used to massage egos). However, the reason I am here at all is my first GC; he made me a minister (MOW if I remember right) and A2 a minister (MOC I think) and taught us the ropes and got us involved, having us doing the jobs and contributing in the appropriate ways for our galaxy. That was round 4 and I would argue that since then both myself and A2 have made a positive contribution to the game.

In the end, I think the concept of GC and the ministers is 100% spot on, I think it is a very poor reflection on the community that they are generally used more for personal status and ego than they are for helping the gal and furthering the interests of the planets within it.

In the end, if the right people have those positions, the game, and in particular the community, would be in a far better state right now.
Thing is, your first GC could have gotten you involved just as easily without making you a minister, or even without being a GC himself, the fact you even remember this shows that back then it was used for personal status and ego just as as much. This doesn't attribute anything to the usefulness of the various minister posts.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2013, 10:19   #8
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

ministers are only useful if they have significant powers that other galaxy members don't have.

for example:
- give each planet a 4th fleet slot which can only be used by the MOW (and only in-gal)
- give MOC the ability to look at other galaxy members' news pages (but only if they allow it) - this essentially means free news scans targetted at friendly gal members
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2013, 11:37   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Thing is, your first GC could have gotten you involved just as easily without making you a minister, or even without being a GC himself, the fact you even remember this shows that back then it was used for personal status and ego just as as much. This doesn't attribute anything to the usefulness of the various minister posts.
That's utter rubbish. It was used to delineate responsibilities. The abilities that each had allowed us to do that specific job (for example planning attacks as MOW) and it showed that you were the one responsible for that. Egos had nothing to do with the benefits to the gal, our egos didn't need massaging, but we were new to the game and didn't know how it worked and how to play it. This helped to teach us and helped to get us involved by giving each of us a purpose and getting us actively involved within the galaxy.
Unread 11 Sep 2013, 11:45   #10
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's utter rubbish. It was used to delineate responsibilities. The abilities that each had allowed us to do that specific job (for example planning attacks as MOW) and it showed that you were the one responsible for that. Egos had nothing to do with the benefits to the gal, our egos didn't need massaging, but we were new to the game and didn't know how it worked and how to play it. This helped to teach us and helped to get us involved by giving each of us a purpose and getting us actively involved within the galaxy.
And it was impossible to plan attacks without being MoW? Or being a MoW was essential in giving you a purpose?

Unread 11 Sep 2013, 12:31   #11
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
And it was impossible to plan attacks without being MoW? Or being a MoW was essential in giving you a purpose?
Now you're just being pedantic. The ministerial setup provided a framework around which to organise, which in itself helped to teach and encourage people to work together and organise themselves better. Was it perfect? No, but it was pretty good. You could of course replace it with something more flexible and you could of course improve it, but to write it off as having being pointless seems to be very naive to me.
Unread 11 Sep 2013, 14:41   #12
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Now you're just being pedantic. The ministerial setup provided a framework around which to organise, which in itself helped to teach and encourage people to work together and organise themselves better. Was it perfect? No, but it was pretty good. You could of course replace it with something more flexible and you could of course improve it, but to write it off as having being pointless seems to be very naive to me.
Ohh i agree it provided a framework to organise galaxies, but the game itself pretty much required this organisation, and all the organisation done by the 'colored' planets could have been done by random players in the galaxy. In fact with all the top galaxies throughout time you see a lot more planets than just the ministers involved in the organisation.

Other than the GC the other ministers didn't add anything at any time in the game. The abilities of the MoC and the MoW should have been available to the whole gal (or at the very least the 'trusted' planets) for ages imho. In my personal experience i never felt the need to be a minister, but i have allways been an active player doing what i can to help organise my galaxy. As like i said before, organising your galaxy is required by the game.

Unread 11 Sep 2013, 20:29   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the colours are pretty nice
Unread 12 Sep 2013, 08:06   #14
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ohh i agree it provided a framework to organise galaxies, but the game itself pretty much required this organisation, and all the organisation done by the 'colored' planets could have been done by random players in the galaxy. In fact with all the top galaxies throughout time you see a lot more planets than just the ministers involved in the organisation.

Other than the GC the other ministers didn't add anything at any time in the game. The abilities of the MoC and the MoW should have been available to the whole gal (or at the very least the 'trusted' planets) for ages imho. In my personal experience i never felt the need to be a minister, but i have allways been an active player doing what i can to help organise my galaxy. As like i said before, organising your galaxy is required by the game.
I sincerely miss the option of mailing all of gal without being MoC!

MoC has no significant function, if any function at all -
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote