User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 May 2013, 20:34   #1
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
A Spore Announcement

Next round will see some familiar faces making a comeback, under the alliance name of Spore, helmed by myself and Bashar. This is NOT 1up, although some of the faces in the alliance will be very familiar to ex-1up (or even ex-Fury) members. Without Sid, there can be no 1up. Whether he makes an appearance; whether he'll use his own nick, we cannot say at this time. But even without his presence, we bring with us the ethos upon which 1up was created - the idea of an alliance built purely for playing on our own terms and pushing the boundaries within the game, whilst maintaining a role to prevent megablocking that leads to stagnation.

One of the biggest differences between us and 1up is that we will not be a full sized tag (to our current predictions), and not going for the #1 position (unless the opportunity presents itself of course). We will enter the next round with no enemies (at least if we are given that choice). The "grudges" from one round to the next is one reason for the never-ending cycle of two blocks forming to fight each other and we will not start with the intention of joining either side or participating in an overwhelming block that will lead to stagnation.

Politically for the alliance, we will be open to short-term (and long-term) deals that are in the interests of keeping stagnation at bay and with the thoughts of our members taken into account. Any discussion with myself or Bashar will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be passed on to anyone else. (This being stated only due to how I have heard discussions are more prone to be passed along)

Our public channel is #Spore - recruitment details can be found there. If you want to help us re-raise the bar, or want to talk to us about anything else, get in touch.

Lastly, the name Spore was chosen for two reasons. One for it's relationship to that of our former alliance, to being the beginnings (and end) from that of a famours green and white mushroom, the second because GZT100 (Get Zhil Top 100) was refused.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony

Last edited by Zh|l; 20 May 2013 at 21:16.
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2013, 23:24   #2
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: A Spore Announcement

Good luck. Holla if you need anything.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2013, 00:26   #3
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Good luck, Zhil & Basher!
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2013, 04:41   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I fully endorse this message/product/thing

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2013, 11:11   #5
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I fully endorse this message/product/thing
Cochese Come in and say hello @ #spore on netgamers ;-) but becarefull ;-) 10 min with them i ended up playing agian
aif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2013, 12:22   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by aif View Post
Cochese Come in and say hello @ #spore on netgamers ;-) but becarefull ;-) 10 min with them i ended up playing agian
You know you wanted to really!
Unread 21 May 2013, 15:20   #7
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Good luck broskis

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2013, 15:41   #8
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Nice and good luck. I hope well see a new ally fighting tops

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2013, 01:31   #9
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Zhil & co.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2013, 11:16   #10
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Spore being an annoyingly addictive game on my nokia, can we expect some nice gal pics from u all ?

Good luck guys
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2013, 15:36   #11
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

holla!

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2013, 17:17   #12
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Hola back!
Unread 24 May 2013, 20:04   #13
SnowSeal

SnowSeal has a spectacular aura aboutSnowSeal has a spectacular aura about

Best of luck Spore!
SnowSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2013, 10:21   #14
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a recruitment thread. It's an alliance announcement, and should be on AD.
Unread 26 May 2013, 10:24   #15
nelito

nelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the rough

kenny can u play a round )
nelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2013, 13:50   #16
aif
old spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
This isn't a recruitment thread. It's an alliance announcement, and should be on AD.
i agree it should be on AD. :/
Unread 31 May 2013, 08:10   #17
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

Good luck! Although if you are going to talk about anti stagnation you probably shouldn't bring up Fury or Sid for that matter.
Unread 31 May 2013, 16:02   #18
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Good luck! Although if you are going to talk about anti stagnation you probably shouldn't bring up Fury or Sid for that matter.
Yes, because 1up (under Sid) did nothing but stagnate every round through excessive blocking.

If you are going to be a smart arse, at least make sure that what you are saying is smart, otherwise you're just being an arse.
Unread 31 May 2013, 16:31   #19
t3k
The Video Guy

Boom. You just got served.
Unread 31 May 2013, 17:54   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
Yes, because 1up (under Sid) did nothing but stagnate every round through excessive blocking. .
He didn't use the word blocking. He said stagnation.

That said, it is kind of silly to refer to events that happened 7 or more years ago to criticize a completely different alliance that exists today.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2013, 19:11   #21
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
He didn't use the word blocking. He said stagnation.
I also used the word stagnation, but I concede that stagnation may take other forms besides blocking, however I would like to point out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Wiki "Stagnation"
the first dominating win by a single alliance in Planetarion history
And I would suggest that an alliance showing the community a new way of playing and single-handedly dominating the game is not stagnation. You could argue it stagnated that round, but in the long run it introduced a new idea to the community that was previously considered impossible. Surely this enriches the community rather than stagnates it?
Unread 31 May 2013, 19:59   #22
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Sorry to hijack this thread but continuously using the word stagnation in a game which is on the decline is damn right ridiculous, that's if I understand the word correctly but I have googled it etc and im pretty sure it means "standing still"

If people are truly stagnating this game, which is damn near impossible considering the continuous decline in players then I would see it as something we should all strive at before even beginning to talk about growth.

Okay maybe I misinterpreted and you only mean stagnating that particular round, a round that has a fixed end... is that even possible?

I think the word everyone is looking for is "BORING" but shit me if browser based text games are anything but in todays gaming industry.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2013, 20:05   #23
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread but continuously using the word stagnation in a game which is on the decline is damn right ridiculous, that's if I understand the word correctly but I have googled it etc and im pretty sure it means "standing still"
You have slightly misunderstood the meaning. Standing still is partially right for what it means, but it only covers part of it's meaning. The full meaning (in the context used here) is standing still and deteriorating into something bad. For example, if you leave a glass of water by your window for a month, it turns green and starts to smell because it has been left standing still in the wrong environment. In English, we would describe the water as being "stagnant", i.e. it has stagnated.

Essentially, stagnation means "turning bad because of standing still" rather than just "standing still".
Unread 31 May 2013, 20:12   #24
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
Essentially, stagnation means "turning bad because of standing still" rather than just "standing still".
right cool, now can you explain to me who is stagnating the game, what they are doing to stagnate the game, and how it differs from every other round?

Unread 31 May 2013, 20:35   #25
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
right cool, now can you explain to me who is stagnating the game
Most of the mainstream alliances.

Quote:
what they are doing to stagnate the game
They are continuously clumping into long-term blocks that lead to a bi-polar universe and incredibly unimaginative politics. The dynamics of politics disappeared and most alliances seem to make as many agreements as they can out of fear of incoming and consequently reduce their own options and preclude them from doing anything that would be even a little risky. Basically, politics based on the fear of failure rather than the hope for success.

Quote:
and how it differs from every other round?
It doesn't, hence why we are trying to inject a different mindset.
Unread 31 May 2013, 20:40   #26
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
right cool, now can you explain to me who is stagnating the game, what they are doing to stagnate the game, and how it differs from every other round?
You could have last round as an example imho.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2013, 21:01   #27
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
You could have last round as an example imho.
you sir can go away, you are clearly an idiot and this will be the only reply you ever get from me.

Unread 31 May 2013, 21:08   #28
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

Quote:
Most of the mainstream alliances.
I guess they are all doing it wrong then?

Quote:
They are continuously clumping into long-term blocks that lead to a bi-polar universe and incredibly unimaginative politics. The dynamics of politics disappeared and most alliances seem to make as many agreements as they can out of fear of incoming and consequently reduce their own options and preclude them from doing anything that would be even a little risky. Basically, politics based on the fear of failure rather than the hope for success.
I havn't seen one person from the app/tgv block complain about stagnation, nor did I see anyone from ND complaining the round before about it. it seems to me like it's more butthurt from the losing block than actual fact / opinion.

Quote:
It doesn't, hence why we are trying to inject a different mindset.
Good Luck with that.

Unread 31 May 2013, 21:57   #29
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I havn't seen one person from the app/tgv block complain about stagnation, nor did I see anyone from ND complaining the round before about it. it seems to me like it's more butthurt from the losing block than actual fact / opinion.

Good Luck with that.
Well maybe I can answer your question, from TGVs perspective we had an agreement with App to help each other if a block targets us, we had a 10+ day fort avoidance with CT to manage our incoming and a NAP for the whole round with ODDR. We were engaged in a war with ND/Fang initially and then ND/Fang/CT so the agreements were set up to manage our incomings and to concentrate on our enemy.

Unfortunately App/TGV took such a tremendous lead that ND/Fang couldn't stand up to us and so they got more alliances to help them. TGV took a beating but we kept on fighting.

Did we think we stagnated the round...possibly but on paper ND/Fang vs App/TGV was a pretty fair fight, we just managed to get a huge lead early on and kept it. Even when CT joined them we still were able to hold our own since the block could only land on us if they all hit us, if only 2 of them did then they couldnt.

According to the PA community, they felt we stagnated the round and wanted for us to turn on our ally Apprime. We refused because all that would do is hand the win to some other alliance so why should we give the win to someone else after App/TGV fought hard for it.

Anyways if you are wanting to pursue this further I would suggest making a new topic since at this point I would say your straying from the original intent of this thread.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2013, 22:21   #30
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Anyways if you are wanting to pursue this further I would suggest making a new topic since at this point I would say your straying from the original intent of this thread.
Im not straying from the topic in any sense, there are claims here that stagnation is ruining the game and all current mainstream ally's are causing it, this is slander at best and from what I can infer contains not only fallacy but bullshit buzzwords at an unacceptable rate.

I did apologize for hijacking the thread but when it's only moral grounding is to belittle everyone who has ever played in / ran an alliance I don't see the need for me to open a new thread

Quote:
According to the PA community
Im the PA community, You are the PA community, a one sided opinion is not an entire opinion.

Quote:
rexdrax
Sorry to disappoint you pal but you didn't ruin the round for anyone apart from the losers

Last edited by vuLgAr; 31 May 2013 at 22:31.
Unread 31 May 2013, 22:29   #31
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooooo this makes me want to play again!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2013, 22:34   #32
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Im not straying from the topic in any sense, there are claims here that stagnation is ruining the game and all current mainstream ally's are causing it, this is slander at best and from what I can infer contains not only fallacy but bullshit buzzwords at an unacceptable rate.
No need to get all up tight and abusive. Obviously, what I have said is my/our opinion and you are free to have your own opinion on the matter. However, a little lesson in manners and discussion would be useful for you as you are clearly incapable of respecting other people's opinions if they differ from your own, so here are a few pointers:

1. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone is entitled to have their opinion respected.

2. Discussion is about not only disagreeing with opposing opinions, but also about providing evidence and reasoning as to why you disagree and also the same for why you hold the opinion you do. This should be done in a friendly and respectful manner.

3. Flatly rejecting other people's opinions with nothing but abuse and profanity is not only extremely rude, but also shows a massive degree of arrogance.

4. if you follow the above steps, you will find that not only do people pay more attention to your views, but also that they will not consider you to be an abusive, ignorant trolling fool. It really isn't hard and it is just basic manners.

If you want me to respond to your points and further explain my opinions, I am happy to do so once you start showing some respect to others. When you started posting in this thread I went out of my way to help you understand what I had said and to properly answer your questions, yet all you do in return is disrespect my views. Have a think on that before posting again.
Unread 31 May 2013, 22:35   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Alliances don't play with the goal "making PA a fun game for everyone". Alliances play to win. That's not limited to just getting #1 alliance rank. Only a few alliances are in the running for that in any given round. People in all alliances want to do well. Sometimes the goal is getting a top 100 planet, or a top 3 galaxy rank or top 5 alliance rank.

Sometimes, in the course of attempting to achieve those goals, they take actions that, as a side effect, harm the long term development of PA. Overblocking is an example. Ruthlessly exiling newbies or people in bad alliances is another. That's not "wrong" in the "1 + 1 = 3" sense of the word, because it helps people achieve their goals. It's not wrong in the "stealing is wrong" sense, either, because it's not banned by the EULA. It could be wrong in the "don't use swear words in front of children" sense, but I bet you're right: it's probably mostly the victims who think that, in order to make themselves feel good and the other side look bad (either intentionally and cynically, or just self-deluding).

That said, I don't think we're dealing with a lack of moral fortitude here. If you give people with guns a million bucks every time they shoot someone, you're going to see your murder rate go through the roof, no matter how ethical people are (pretending to be). In this analogy, you'd solve the problem by taking the guns away, but I think that the temptation to be a ruthless **** is caused by aspects of the game mechanics that are inseparable from the core of what makes PA PA.

That's unfortunate, because (if correct), that means you can't fix PA. It's either a dog-eat-dog-fest for assholes, or a yawntastic sim-planet-unicorn candy land.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 31 May 2013, 22:36   #34
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF View Post
Hi Axis :P

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 31 May 2013, 23:38   #35
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Well howdy Zh|l!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2013, 00:09   #36
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

Quote:
No need to get all up tight and abusive.
Im sorry that you assumed a reply to rexdrax was in anyway directed at you. ofc there was profanity in the post im "vulgar" but if you think that was in anyway directed at you personally you are quite wrong.

Quote:
1. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone is entitled to have their opinion respected.
ofc

Quote:
2. Discussion is about not only disagreeing with opposing opinions, but also about providing evidence and reasoning as to why you disagree and also the same for why you hold the opinion you do. This should be done in a friendly and respectful manner.
I have not discussed anything afaik, I have questioned.

Quote:
3. Flatly rejecting other people's opinions with nothing but abuse and profanity is not only extremely rude, but also shows a massive degree of arrogance.
questioning and rejecting are not the same

Quote:
4. if you follow the above steps, you will find that not only do people pay more attention to your views, but also that they will not consider you to be an abusive, ignorant trolling fool. It really isn't hard and it is just basic manners.
I have not been abusive in any of my posts directed towards anyone, I have used profanity in a reply to rexdrax in quite the correct context as far as im concerned.

Quote:
If you want me to respond to your points and further explain my opinions, I am happy to do so once you start showing some respect to others. When you started posting in this thread I went out of my way to help you understand what I had said and to properly answer your questions, yet all you do in return is disrespect my views. Have a think on that before posting again.
again if you are upset by the terms in which I replied to rexdrax by using language that offends you id rather you not reply atal..

Unread 1 Jun 2013, 01:18   #37
aif
old spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
thanks, i think that would be a proper idea ;-)

btw hello Axis, stop by #spore ;-) on netgamers.
Unread 3 Jun 2013, 10:47   #38
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good luck, I signed up last round and then forgot to login. I hope you get further than me!
Unread 3 Jun 2013, 19:07   #39
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig View Post
Good luck, I signed up last round and then forgot to login. I hope you get further than me!
pig! come on IRC!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 5 Jun 2013, 12:33   #40
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Mmmm not sure we ever complain too much about stagnation ... we always take a nice spanking and always play to have fun and train new members. Some rounds we wind up on top some we dont. But the past round we have won we have been dropped down from the nr1 spot and had to climb back up so that might be why.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2013, 10:27   #41
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Stagnation, dominance and boredom is full of win.

Why else would I be married?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2013, 10:50   #42
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar View Post

masochist?

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2013, 12:56   #43
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar View Post

I agree about marriage being stagnation and dominance; but boredom? HELL NO!
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2013, 15:08   #44
Mzyxptlk
mz.

How can stagnation be anything but boring?
Unread 12 Jun 2013, 19:20   #45
Mala
Old User

Mala is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
How can stagnation be anything but boring?
it cant.
Unread 16 Aug 2013, 12:22   #46
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Hi all!
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2013, 12:30   #47
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Welcome back KillGhost
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2013, 12:43   #48
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Welcome back KillGhost
Thanks
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2013, 17:23   #49
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF View Post
Don't go there , this is a game being played by barely 300 planets each round, rest of it is just cannon fodder. Nothing to see here move along please.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2013, 17:36   #50
Mzyxptlk
mz.

There are few games that have a player base that's actively discouraging other people from playing it. It's really quite amazing.