User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Oct 2010, 16:37   #1
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Ancient History - WHAT IF: Fury-Xanadu Alliance

Inspired by the other thread, this is to discuss the proposal raised.

What IF post r5 (As Fury could never have worked with Xanadu in r5 I believe) the two alliances had allied together: Fury + Xanadu rather than the classical Legion/Fury combination (Furgion).

What would it have provided the game?
What political spot would it have taken?
How would it's military performance have been?
How would the rest of the playing field responded? (I.e would Deus have formed still without the looming threat of Furgion?)

Post r5, there was always a medium of respect given between Fury and Xanadu command structures despite how the Fury-Xanadu war became the central point for the game.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2010, 18:05   #2
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ancient History - WHAT IF: Fury-Xanadu Alliance

I predict it would have been a relatively simple disintegration of relationship after a few weeks. Xanadu are pretty much win at all costs and in the end, the HC would have come under pressure from various wings to play aggressively (the weakness of their structure). They were hardly consistent when we worked with them and were generally a pain in the arse best avoided.
Unread 19 Oct 2010, 07:46   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Cultural differences sooner or later would break the alliance apart. Xanadu players would get bored out of their minds due to their global dominance while Fury would just do what they enjoy the most, reducing any kind of risk and enjoying their browserbased spreadsheeted fleetmanager with funny astroids and dull risk reducing politics. Xanadu players would put pressure on their HC to just launch on these cocky bastards for the fun of it, just out of nowhere, plans would leak out, Fury would secretely contact new allies (risks you see) and would counteract before we've cleared up what to do.

Blah. Ok, back to work, back to coffee.
Unread 20 Oct 2010, 12:41   #4
Provider
Smurf Forever

Provider is an unknown quantity at this point

I got to agree here.

Xanadu by the way the alliance was build was already hard to control. Too many players who think they are in control.
Fury was the other way around. A clear leadership with a clear idea how to run a round.

These two together. ohw yes please I would have fought them any day in pre pax because they would fight more between themself then the rest.

-=Caliban [ND HC]=-

rnd 3: If I only could remember - GIA HC/TGS
rnd 4: [30:14:3] (smurfs) - Fury/TGS HC || rnd 5: [21:4:16] (gauls) - TGS HC / WPO
rnd 6: [1:2:4] (LotR) - WP HC || rnd 7: [22:8:9] - WP HC
rnd 8: [55:8:9] - WP HC || rnd 9: [11:10:8] - WP HC || rnd 9,5: [x:y:z] -
WP HC rnd 10,11,12 etc cant be assed anymore to write it down here.
rnd 35, 36. 37: ND

Proud to be a Wolf in [WolfPack]
Provider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2010, 04:23   #5
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Oh oh I love "what if" history theories!

Now do one where Martin Luther is burned after his trial in Worms

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2010, 07:11   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Oh oh I love "what if" history theories!

Now do one where Martin Luther is burned after his trial in Worms

Discussing alternate history is a lunchtime habbit amongst historians, you see.
Unread 22 Oct 2010, 16:37   #7
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough

Then we all would of had a lot of fun
Silk_311x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2010, 07:59   #8
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

What if Zhil hadn't covered those 8 defence calls in R12?

Doesn't bear thinking about...

Hai btw zhil <3

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2010, 19:12   #9
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Fudu would have been a pretty awesome name though, way better than Furgion, which always sounded like some weird STD to me...
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2010, 10:09   #10
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis View Post
Fudu would have been a pretty awesome name though, way better than Furgion, which always sounded like some weird STD to me...
Get off my forums and on to my IRC.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 00:16   #11
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

My god, it's like a reunion!

Zhil - if we track down Sid (again), we're getting close to having the old command structures reassembled! I know a pub in Brighton........
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 01:43   #12
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Who?
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 13:49   #13
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Who cares ?

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 15:47   #14
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Shut up you.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 23:13   #15
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post

Zhil - if we track down Sid (again), we're getting close to having the old command structures reassembled! I know a pub in Brighton........
Long time no see,

How are you Bashar?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 26 Nov 2010, 23:20   #16
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post

You make it sound like the only thing the man is doing when he is not playing pa is sitting in a pub

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2010, 19:11   #17
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Long time no see,

How are you Bashar?
I'm good, still hanging around some of the same old haunts!
Unread 16 Dec 2010, 17:47   #18
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Redbull would have won the round
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2010, 15:54   #19
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Fury would have used Lrytas Lithuanian bot-army to completely crush the opposing blocks, then 'officially' cancel their alliance with Xanadu by making a forum announcement at 4 o'clock in the morning, followed by a large scale attack on them 30 seconds later. Simultaneusly they would have reported Xanadu for breaking the EULA, getting all their planets closed by Fury-friendly multihunters and win the round by roiding the now defenceless LDK bots.

Epic Win!
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2011, 12:38   #20
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Xanadu would of been a better partner - because we all know Legion was useeeelesss @_@

Game would of been too one sided, even if everyone else allied against it.
Unread 15 Mar 2011, 14:45   #21
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provider View Post
I got to agree here.

Xanadu by the way the alliance was build was already hard to control. Too many players who think they are in control.
Fury was the other way around. A clear leadership with a clear idea how to run a round.

These two together. ohw yes please I would have fought them any day in pre pax because they would fight more between themself then the rest.
Xanadu was easy to control actually. The real HC was relatively small. And well, all we did was attack and defend anyway. This was made easy because we all shared the same goal; kill Fury (in the beginning at least).
So, the number of HCs did not harm us or slow us down in any way. It was just a little bit harder to properly organize the attacks, due to the number of people involved.

Clear leadership like Fury had, also had its risks... Remember how Fury died when Sid was away?

How I know all this? I ran Xanadu

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2011, 22:11   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Clear leadership like Fury had, also had its risks... Remember how Fury died when Sid was away?
While this is true, Sid fixed this after round 4.
Unread 5 Apr 2011, 00:49   #23
Mav
Band of Brothers

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

whats with all the reminiscent threads? come back on the boards for a peak and its like the old days nos and fury threads.. good days

NoS Officer, OMG / Adelante Officer, Eclipse Officer, FAnG HC, Mistu, [1up].
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2011, 03:03   #24
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
whats with all the reminiscent threads? come back on the boards for a peak and its like the old days nos and fury threads.. good days
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...c#The_Fan-Club
<3 welcome back mav!
Unread 13 Apr 2011, 13:00   #25
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
While this is true, Sid fixed this after round 4.
This is true. After round 4 Fury managed to not only keep it's command structure (i.e dictatorship by Sid) relatively intact but also implement enough so that the alliance worked without Sid. (E.g r5 Wrath and my promotion, then shortly after Germania)

HOWEVER I do believe the leadership of Fury without Sid was not viable long term - as generally it was Sid that kept the internal politics together. I remember having to mediate alot of disputes - which only came about due to my "respect" within Fury for r4/r5.

It has been discussed before, but Fury was nearly destroyed in r4 yet came back through a core of dedicated members and was stronger in r5 because of it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]