User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2008, 09:56   #1
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road
Lack of willing to change = demise of Planetarion

Now, i know that the majority of people will say "we've heard it all before" etc, but quite frankly, i don't give a shit, your going to hear it again.

I quit Planetarion around 18months ago to concentrate on having a proper relationship with my girlfriend at night time and to study harder at University, that was at the end of Round20 i think, although dont't quote me on that! Now that i've finished with my girlfriend and Uni is going well, i decided to take alook at Planetarion again, so i created an account and whala, im playing.

The planetarion side of the game I have no qualms about, the game has some new nifty features, and everything is playable still! Its mIRC that I have qualms about. I've seen countless posts about people wishing that Planetarion got back to the good old days where the playerbase was overwhelming, and the wars were magnificent, well i'm afraid those days have long gone, and to put it bluntly, its not Planetarion's fault, its the communities!

I have now been on mIRC, pretty much 18hours a day, for the past 6 days, and to be quite honest, it is ****ing boring! I'm not too bad myself, i've still got a few people who i can talk to from previous rounds, but apart from them, i'm bored out of my tree. Over the past 6 days i've been in every major public channel, yet i hold my hand to my heart and not once have i seen a decent topic to talk about, theres the occasional Hello every few hours, and once i think i talked about bottled beer with people for 10mins, but apart from that it is well and truely SHITE!

Now, i'm not sure about you lot, but i didn't really sign up to Planetarion or continue to play Planetarion for the game itself, although that was a bonus, it was the chats about stuff, meeting new people, the community spirit that people had, and the togetherness that people shared. Well, thats GONE.

Any Newbies joining the game will think its absolutely bollocks, not knowing what to do they need to speak to people to get knowledge of the best way forward, forge bonds with people so theyve got something to do, Planetarion takes about 30seconds a tick to do, so they have another 59mins and 30 seconds to do something, which used to be chat to your m8s, banter between alliances etc.

So for all you people blaming alliances etc, stfu, because its YOU thats wrecking the game, not Planetarion, and not Alliance situations.

Sorry for the bad layout of this rant, but its early and i'm not the best at putting my point across.

Bullet Points...
. Alliances should allow ANY member to post his opinion about ANY alliance, stop being so uptight, its fun to have banter!
. Forums people should stop being so uptight, who cares if people argue or flame eachother, it all adds to the spirit of the game, and will stop the game being so stagnant like it is now
. Talk more on Public channels, doesn't have to be related to Planetarion, because all i can see at the moment is "Incs incs incs!!" or "you got any beetles?"
. Invite your friends!
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:00   #2
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lack of willing to change = demise of Planetarion

Nothing to talk during day... or evening.. targs are given late night..morning is for def... No reason to be active during normal hours really as u'r already committed unless counters show up.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:00   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Asc man, its where the fun happens
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:07   #4
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Tbh IRC is what you make of it yourself.. if your boring and dont talk to people then you tend to get bored? Personally I enjoy the PA community on IRC and without it i wouldnt even think about wasting my time with a silly browser game.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:09   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think you also have to look at the average age of the players nowadays. The playerbase is getting older and have less time for irc.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 17:26   #6
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

seriously no offence.. but clearly u havent been in an alliance that contains myself. My love life.. is THE topic of conversation wherever i go to if i could clone myself i would. But sadly this is not happening..ill try my best to look for you on irc and ill pm you a story.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 18:54   #7
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Too right munkee! never a dull moment

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 21:44   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Perhaps the issue is that the new generation of internet users (and hence potential new players) don'y use irc, they use instant messaging and social networking sites.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2008, 05:01   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Asc man, its where the fun happens
Word.

I had quite a good chat the other night in there about current game mechanics and how to make this more of a war game and less of a stockpile/prodhide game.

Alas, several rums later and a long weekend of drinking until I don't remember getting home, I've forgotten all the useful bits :/

IRC can still be somewhat interesting in the early evening hours (before too many rums, of course!).

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2008, 05:10   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
Alas, several rums later and a long weekend of drinking until I don't remember getting home, I've forgotten all the useful bits :/
Log?

Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2008, 07:56   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Perhaps the issue is that the new generation of internet users (and hence potential new players) don'y use irc, they use instant messaging and social networking sites.
No-one really used IRC before either, they were just computer-savvy enough to work out how to install and use it. The main chat programs in 2000 were probably MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and AIM.
Unread 30 Apr 2008, 16:47   #12
jermain

jermain is on a distinguished road

tbh personally, i find that the actual game itself is losing the players not irc, if u get into any decent ally irc banter is always fun.

As a 'relatively' new player to the game i find pa IMMENSELY boring compared to other online games, it is incredibly repetitive and to play decently u lose massive amounts of sleep (if u get incs). The game needs to change in my opinion rather than irc.

btw LordN, your an idiot for leaving Denial. gunna get raped now :/
jermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2008, 17:46   #13
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermain
tbh personally, i find that the actual game itself is losing the players not irc, if u get into any decent ally irc banter is always fun.

As a 'relatively' new player to the game i find pa IMMENSELY boring compared to other online games, it is incredibly repetitive and to play decently u lose massive amounts of sleep (if u get incs). The game needs to change in my opinion rather than irc.

btw LordN, your an idiot for leaving Denial. gunna get raped now :/
I know, that's life but it was just matter of time who did it. Prefer playing with dudes who hit high instead of farming the rest of round roids waiting for someone hit me when I can't expect defence on any worth mentioning lvl anyways as that's pa these days no1 is safe unless you start playing politics what I loath so why not try roiding players who have gotten lucky or can just plain simply play instead of the newbs or unlucky ones.

Atleast I can mess around with people without having to ask permission for everything and just hitting what's given without other options. I'm not into horde mentality and tbh it's not smart to do revenge circle for lousy 500k score what cost you use of that many roiding fleets as the loss of not-gained roids is greater than that 500k.. Sadly I could not care less of pa, as I have been saying since start of round there's no competition in this game anymore just waiting AoC and roiding high ranked players until then to see their meddle instead of the cannonfodder nor do I need 50ish fleets to roid one planet for 3 ticks (can understand if it's FC but roiding.. lolz).. and 2 other allies hit the same galaxy same time that's the difference between skill and brute force whether it came by accident or not thou we had for example few non denial dudes pinning down defence fleet ingal with suicide fleets what recalled the moment inc was eta4 to me. Maybe next time use denial or jenova players for that.

I prefer tactical roidings with psychological element or preplanned fake/def draining manouvers to open hostile targets open.. Like we did in old pa and pia instead of this prelaunch crap.

And the idiots who think I play for top10 ranks.. I let others win in pia every time dragons won the round even when my planet was top10, I stopped roiding 3 weeks before round end while I was in top5.. twice. Hell i runned a BG and was military HC there, I could have kept roiding and prepicking shit for myself but didn't do it because I don't care glory of winning round by continuing farming only ranks gained in during real war mean something, denial was going for stagnation.. There was other option for it, I took it. Only egoistic people think like that, if u care about ranks that much ofc u assume others care about them instead of good fight/war thou i hate to loose wars but it doesn't matter so long as there's few shining moments of "glory" there of wich you can be proud.

Did the same in pa twice aswell, in r9.5 when in top30 and some other round.. seriously people should not think I play just top10 ranks when I say I can't get into top10 anymore, I do mean it, there's tens of players with more value hidden who could jump to top5 asap so why does everyone think, I jumped where the grass is greener when I could have farmed myself in denial to top ranks with a bit luck as overgrowing other players peacefully in top10 is risky when you have to let prod out due inadequate def. Anyways I gave denial more than I ever took from it, or does some idiot call loosing 500k score a deathblow to denial when you got members who crash more score in fleet value.

Anyways sorry that bruised the ego's of some HC's who are too young to been even in army or simply chosen not to go there but I don't play for alliance what goes for stagnation in game when there's options for it, not my style.. I'm agressive player who likes to achieve shit instead of hugging he's roids/value 24/7 for whole round and bottom feeding in peaceful competition with the others in top ranks while being scared of incoming what makes the whole bottom feeding pointless.

hmm long rant, prolly for nothing and definately in wrong topic but i'm tired slept 2h's and been drinking as it's 30.4 today in finland. Denial dudes can spin that as they want as I'm not into PR shit what some players in pa seem to love over anything in effort to grow their ego's and get hurt when someone tells them they'r not that hot and shows it to public.

Tomorrow we fight again prolly, good luck trying to keep roid count on positive when using that many fleets on me and our galaxy, it's worth smiling.. rarely I get inc's like this in my pa career.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so

Last edited by LordNieminen; 30 Apr 2008 at 17:58.
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2008, 13:00   #14
Ghostwkd

Ghostwkd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee
seriously no offence.. but clearly u havent been in an alliance that contains myself. My love life.. is THE topic of conversation wherever i go to if i could clone myself i would. But sadly this is not happening..ill try my best to look for you on irc and ill pm you a story.
heh jezz mentioned i had competition on that
Ghostwkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2008, 19:06   #15
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Without reading the thread, I think that the evidence of forum activity demonstrates the demise of Planetarion. I turn up for a butchers and activity is....... gone.
Unread 1 May 2008, 19:09   #16
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Bashar is drunk. Sorry for him. He's not coherent. Nor is he talking sense.

He's not seen the dozens of other threads that are active. Nor has he seen the fact that PA has a record player base this round. Nor has he seen that PA has expanded round on round for the past two years! Nor has he seen that the staff are now all paid for their sterling work. He hasn't realised that Jolt are now supporting development of the game and community. He hasn't noticed that the game itself has seen numerous significant improvements over the past couple of years.

Sorry.. he's just not up to date with the successes that the Jolt and the team are creating!
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2008, 20:52   #17
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
is your tackle still not performing as expected?

(p.s. i thought youd quit man)

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2008, 19:14   #18
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

i wish i could find the logs about your erectile dysfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2008, 21:53   #19
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

heh i no longer have that problem =p and yea i was quit.. but i landed a couple of epic solo attacks and decided to give my account another go... ill be disappointed with a non t100 placing however.. this round has been damn crap and ive put in minimal effort.. i just seem to be landing good finally
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 17:01   #20
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Can someone give me a rough estimate of the current number of players (not planets).

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 17:34   #21
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I dont fully agree with you (topic.) The game itself offers nothing to discuss relating to the game, since obviously nothing is going to happen there as you stated yourself. (I have started a topic to change this in suggestion forums, even tho there havent been any real support yet.)

My view is, if there are no reason to be online to def/attack/organize/do some clickings, people wont long stick there just for topics that they could rather chat elsewhere.

People that has played purely for ranks, done their everything to unbalance rounds for wins and cheated their ass off has made all decent players and people who cares about the game leave. Them has also brought big part of the good community and atmosphere atleast to my experience. All this is now gone for a few lines of flame and a little longer e-penis. (and no, I have anything against good old flame, just don't do anything to back it up...)

The less people there is, the less new people there is to teach and get to know and since most of your old online friends are gone, its obvious changes are needed to either get the old blood back or find a way to get new flesh.

PS. LordN.
"Anyways sorry that bruised the ego's of some HC's who are too young to been even in army or simply chosen not to go there."

I am happy to read your other arguments and couldnt agree more, but I dont think age has nothing to do with the issue u brought up, nor their amount of hair on their cheeks. Nor army since it certainly doesnt make a man. It is a place where u learn to avoid responsibility, since it simply gives you nothing back. Unless you are there for facing a proper war which I certainly dont want for anyone. Having it in online game is more than enough There are other (who knows what reasons) behind all this rank thinking.

Last edited by Ave; 5 May 2008 at 18:31.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 17:53   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Can someone give me a rough estimate of the current number of players (not planets).
About a thousand, I'd say. Added together the number of players of all "serious" alliances.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2008, 13:02   #23
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
About a thousand, I'd say. Added together the number of players of all "serious" alliances.
I'd say far less. I haven't really played this round (= attacked three times, defended about a dozen times) and I am top 800. So I'd rather estimate to 500-600 active (=attacking / defending somewhat regularly) players.
Unread 6 May 2008, 13:40   #24
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Thanks for answers, better fix irssi server so i can idle again.
Just been to lazy

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2008, 01:49   #25
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

*yawn*

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote