User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Dec 2006, 11:00   #1
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Fakenicking

This thread is part question and part anecdote. As some of you may know, Ascendancy concentrated about half of its members into a single semi-private galaxy this round. The galaxy channel had many of these members added for weeks before they successfully exiled into the galaxy. As has also come up on AD before, some of the Ascendancy members were listed as EXilition by alliance intel because they took part in EXilition fleetcatches*.

Now, this seems odd, since our galaxy refused to fakenick. Conventional wisdom would have it that our nicks (and therefore our alliance) should've leaked immediately. At some point I was listed as EXilition mere days after having hit EX planets.

Is alliance intel really that bad? What did your alliance have us down as? If some FO, ND and other HC could help me out here, I'd be very grateful. I'm asking honestly, because I haven't actually had access to any alliance's intel apart from Ascendancy in a long, long time.

Why did realnicking not immediately reveal us?

I have some theories here. One is that not giving access to anyone with a suspected fakenick meant that we could put our trust in those who were in the channel. This in turn meant that the people who did get access could trust us, and had reason to not betray that trust. I'm not sure though. I don't even know that realnicking didn't reveal us immediately, and that perhaps it is Ascendancy that was secure enough that people didn't know we were members (though this would be a bit odd since a lot of our higher profile members like jerome were in the galaxy).

The third question is whether fakenicking is still worth it. Late in the round, FO, EXilition and Ascendancy all sent Kargool's planet a war declaration ingame, prompting this reply:
Quote:
<Kargool> atleast one thing this proves is only my own suspicions about my need to fakenick through an entire round so that people wouldnt bash my planet just because they disagree with me.
The comedic value of him taking the joke so seriously aside, does he have a point? As far as I know, no one did bash Kargool's planet simply because they disagreed with him, though he did get a a bit of incoming after he launched on Desse**.

There is certainly a case to be made for fakenicking, but how much of this case is founded on fear, paranoia or an inflated sense of self-importance?

I don't think fakenicking is worth it, and the only reason I would do it again is as as a respect to my buddypack if they wanted to do so. But it's easier for me to just go random or buddy up with people who agree with me.

* Interesting aside: people complain that Ascendancy were 'EX muppets' for this, but EXilition weren't always the first choice. Perhaps they were more open to non-members due to their more casual approach to the round?

** No more planet NAP.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 11:11   #2
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Fakenicking

I have a couple of friends in your galaxy and knew that most of it was Ascendancy, even those that showed up as eXilition. At this moment, I have 3 planets marked eXilition in your galaxy, is that correct?

At some point earlier this round, the Angels arbiter had as many as 5 or 6, but jerome talked to Sjor, and they sorted it out so it held the right coords. After the merger with Omen, I think the FO arbiter had it almost right (We had Rob down as eXilition, and an eXilition down as Ascendancy).

And I don't think I'll bother fakenicking again. Unlike Kargool, I don't attract that many people who want to bash my planet because they disagree with me.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 11:12   #3
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I can think of a few other reasons why we weren't identified:

1) Most alliances probably identify people by defence contacts. Since we didn't have defence channels, we couldn't be identified in this way.

2) We didn't have a list of nicks on the overview (partly because, as per #1, we didn't need to list defence channels). Anyone exiling in for a brief stay would have had to spend time on IRC to get an accurate list of coords to nicks.

3) Perhaps nobody really knew or cared who we were.

That said, I agree with the point about fakenicking. It's also worth pointing out that pdmaster did exceptionally well with a real nick, even using it as his rulername. Had I not been set on exiling into 9:10, I would have stayed in 2:6 early in the round simply because I saw a name that I recognised as that of a known good player.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 11:30   #4
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
I have a couple of friends in your galaxy and knew that most of it was Ascendancy, even those that showed up as eXilition. At this moment, I have 3 planets marked eXilition in your galaxy, is that correct?
The galaxy began with only Desse as EXilition. At some point #10, angem, joined or exiled in (I'm not sure, this was during the first 700-800 ticks, I didn't pay much attention during them). WuMing (#1) exiled in 10 days or so before the round ended and a few days after that rUl3r (#19) joined EX. So we ended the round with 4, but I think it would've been hard to get rUl3r down as EX since I don't think he was in tag until after EX stopped defending properly.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 11:38   #5
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I hate fake nicking and the last few rounds I havent really fake nicked at all.

That said, it has nearly always led to my downfall as people do tend to hold grudges and hit me because of who I am.

I understand why people want to, I am particulary vocal in the game, and it doesnt help when I go into a public chan at tickstart, give my co-ords and dare them to hit me (Lo exi).

I just think the game needs to be fun, and fakenicking and fencing all round has never appealed to me, so I do things my way and accept the consequences.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 11:56   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

being an idiot and not fakenicking are entirely two different things, forest
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 12:06   #7
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I stopped fakenicking as soon as I exiled into a decent gal
Within a day alot of galmates revealed themselves to me aswell, in pm
and they promised to not exile me out and harbor my little planet <3

Dropping my fake definitely helped with getting ingal defence, as people prefer to defend people they know
More other people fakenicking is just better for me

Also, i don't think people will get more incs when they drop their fake nick
Alot of hc's I know seem to think they're populair targets
but I don't think alliances target planets by name tbfh, I wouldn't
(with the exception of Kargools planet)
Especially HCs of alliances outside the top 4 shouldn't really worry about this

When it starts to matter which alliance your planet is in, then it's proberbly already exposed, even with fakenick

Last edited by Alessio; 9 Dec 2006 at 12:15.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 12:09   #8
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That said, in a clone-game of this, it is nearly always a goal in warfare to wipe out officers/HC's ingame, as it increases the risk of them going inactive and their alliance suffering from bad morale and organization. The way this game is played though, I don't see that this would work the same way, except in some few cases.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 12:18   #9
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
That said, in a clone-game of this, it is nearly always a goal in warfare to wipe out officers/HC's ingame, as it increases the risk of them going inactive and their alliance suffering from bad morale and organization. The way this game is played though, I don't see that this would work the same way, except in some few cases.
Officers I can understand, especially the once that volunteer so they can cover their own planets
but most HC's have been around since the beginning of time
and a few incs proberbly won't change that
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 12:30   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think a lot of people would prefer not to fakenick if they had the choice (running another IRC client, registering another P-nick, etc).

It's the alliances persuading people to do it. If you don't fakenick, you go down in a few arbiters. Those arbiters then link you up to all your alliance mates. People are worried they'll be told off for getting the rest of the alliance out.

That's how I look at it anyway - in the past I've only fakenicked because I didn't want to be the muppet who gave away half the alliance's coordinates.

Perhaps alliances could take the initiative here? Maybe split the alliance into two sections in the early game - those who wish to fakenick, and those who don't? As soon as people who fakenick get discovered, they can move into the other group. It'd be complicated, but it might work.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 13:23   #11
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, I think the reason for the galaxy's nicks not being leaked is mainly because you guys didn't let anyone except for Ascendancy/decent exiles (I'm still amazed as to how I got let in ) into the galchan, and the few randoms just weren't really likely to leak your co-ords. I had nobody to leak them to, and others probbaly just didn't bother.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 14:01   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

First of all, the most stupid assumption in this thread is that people who fakenicks are not to be trusted? Why not?

People who fakenick defends ingal, they help new players, and they are active, they just dont want people to immidiatly discover their alliancebelongning.

I think that the top alliances probably have a good chance of finding out the alliance of someone who fakenicks by tracing fleetmovment, but I still think that alot of lowertier alliances doesnt.

It doesnt harm anyone that players fakenicks in my opinion, and I really dont see anything in this thread making me think otherwise.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 14:13   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From my point of view, if you want to make your game ****ing awkward and make your galaxy totally devoid of any kind of community (which builds stronger galaxies), you fake nick.

As for not trusting fakenickers, of course that aren't to be trusted, by hiding their nick you can have no idea over whether you should or not, so you don't.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 14:28   #14
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

after exiling into 9:4 i join the fakenick gal channel using my fake nick and got chatting to nitina who was in there under his fake nick, he told me he knew i was in rock so i dropped the fake nick there and then and it helped build trust in the gal with so many ppl in the real gal channel using their real irc nicks
i dont think ill be bothering with fake nicking any more

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 14:30   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
From my point of view, if you want to make your game ****ing awkward and make your galaxy totally devoid of any kind of community (which builds stronger galaxies), you fake nick.

As for not trusting fakenickers, of course that aren't to be trusted, by hiding their nick you can have no idea over whether you should or not, so you don't.
Heh, in regards to that, I had an very interesting expirience in the beginning of the round when I started up the round. Started out in Killmarks galaxy and he had 2 channels. One for his buddypack and one for the rest of us. Afaik he didnt himself idle in the "other" channel at all, and neither did most of his buddypack. It was basically just me, Crowly and a danish player who were in that channel. The danish player being a returning player eventually went inactive and quit. If there is something even more moronic it is to have this as a galaxy strategy.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 14:48   #16
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Heh, in regards to that, I had an very interesting expirience in the beginning of the round when I started up the round. Started out in Killmarks galaxy and he had 2 channels. One for his buddypack and one for the rest of us. Afaik he didnt himself idle in the "other" channel at all, and neither did most of his buddypack. It was basically just me, Crowly and a danish player who were in that channel. The danish player being a returning player eventually went inactive and quit. If there is something even more moronic it is to have this as a galaxy strategy.
I assume you were fakenicking. Why should they trust you if you don't trust them?

As for the strategy they used, yes, it blows. But I don't care, it just makes their galaxy worse.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 15:02   #17
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
First of all, the most stupid assumption in this thread is that people who fakenicks are not to be trusted? Why not?

People who fakenick defends ingal, they help new players, and they are active, they just dont want people to immidiatly discover their alliancebelongning.
You answered your own question there. If you don't trust me with what alliance you are in, why should I do the same to you? Trust is a two-way street, and people who aren't willing to go down one way won't get much traffic the other. It's simple as that.

The other factor is that fakenicking takes away from the social context. If I find out Kargool is in my galaxy, I can talk to him about political actions TGV make, stuff on AD and how cool a city Trondheim is. Similarly, if I'm talking about one of these things, Kargool is free to join in on the conversation. If some guy I've never heard of joins the galchan, there's nothing I can immediately talk to him about aside from the galaxy. And that person has to keep quiet on topics that might reveal who they are. It's simply harder to get to know that person.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 15:53   #18
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester

The other factor is that fakenicking takes away from the social context. If I find out Kargool is in my galaxy, I can talk to him about political actions TGV make, stuff on AD and how cool a city Trondheim is. Similarly, if I'm talking about one of these things, Kargool is free to join in on the conversation. If some guy I've never heard of joins the galchan, there's nothing I can immediately talk to him about aside from the galaxy. And that person has to keep quiet on topics that might reveal who they are. It's simply harder to get to know that person.
Erm, social context? Treat anyone with a nick you dont know like a new person you havent met.. If you apply your reasoning behind your attempt to talk to a person, what about the new player that you havent met before?

In the end I think most of the players in my galaxy this round found out that I was an okay guy, even with the fakenick, and I never heard anyone complain about my fakenicking afterwards.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 16:03   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Erm, social context? Treat anyone with a nick you dont know like a new person you havent met.. If you apply your reasoning behind your attempt to talk to a person, what about the new player that you havent met before?
A new person you haven't met generally doesn't walk up to you with a mask on. It's the issue of trust, not knowledge.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 16:17   #20
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
The galaxy channel is a social setting. The game contributes a context to this setting. Rather than a random grouping of people, we're a random grouping of Planetarion players. Allegiances and individual history all contribute to this context. It's the difference between walking into a pub and seeing a man, and walking into a pub and seeing another football supporter for a different team. The man is uninteresting, the football supporter you have instant conversation material with (assuming you're a football supporter yourself).

Treating people who fakenick as a person you haven't met before is fine, but it means building an acquaintance from the ground up every time. This is harder than getting to know someone you've heard about, or perhaps even walked in the same social circles with.

You and I, for example, don't know each other very well, but are both AD regulars. Thus, if we were to end up in a galaxy together again, we might actually talk about AD stuff in more depth than last time. Last time you were just a random guy I'd never heard of and had no reason to care about.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 16:38   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
The galaxy channel is a social setting. The game contributes a context to this setting. Rather than a random grouping of people, we're a random grouping of Planetarion players. Allegiances and individual history all contribute to this context. It's the difference between walking into a pub and seeing a man, and walking into a pub and seeing another football supporter for a different team. The man is uninteresting, the football supporter you have instant conversation material with (assuming you're a football supporter yourself).

Treating people who fakenick as a person you haven't met before is fine, but it means building an acquaintance from the ground up every time. This is harder than getting to know someone you've heard about, or perhaps even walked in the same social circles with.

You and I, for example, don't know each other very well, but are both AD regulars. Thus, if we were to end up in a galaxy together again, we might actually talk about AD stuff in more depth than last time. Last time you were just a random guy I'd never heard of and had no reason to care about.

Hmmm, lets mention a few of my fellow alliancemates expiriences with galaxies:

One got screwed over because one of his allymates was attacking a planet in his galaxy. He got fleetcaught due to this from his angry galmate.

One got a message from his galaxy that they didnt trust him because they belived that TGV was gonna hit his galaxy. He got exiled because of this. (We later attacked his galaxy, but that was at the players request)

Both of theese players were not fakenicking.. The galaxy in general has turned into a butcherhouse where most people keep backstabbing and most people keep thinking more about their alliance than their galaxy, and being an general ass. And since I am an allianceplayer more than a galaxy player, I dont expect anything from the galaxy cept for being a quite boring place where people more or less only talk while being under attack.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 16:44   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Both of theese players were not fakenicking.. The galaxy in general has turned into a butcherhouse where most people keep backstabbing and most people keep thinking more about their alliance than their galaxy, and being an general ass. And since I am an allianceplayer more than a galaxy player, I dont expect anything from the galaxy cept for being a quite boring place where people more or less only talk while being under attack.
This is a large part of the reason why the game has a shrinking memberbase with extraordinarily few genuine new players. New players meet the galaxy first due to it being a non-free choice environment and need to gain sufficient interest from that environment to motivate them to choose an alliance and become involved on a different level in the community.

Incidentally those members with bad experiences are probably the vocal minority in this issue.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 16:57   #23
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

I hate fake-nicking. I did it for about a week this round.

A funny thing about gal intel though, when I arrived in 3:2 after exiling myself, Bella says to me, "so your in ND right?." I relaly got a chuckle because in my previous galaxy they thought I was LCH, Omen, or Vision. It wasn't until we started hitting 9:10 at the end of the round that I was found to be TGV.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 17:22   #24
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
One got screwed over because one of his allymates was attacking a planet in his galaxy. He got fleetcaught due to this from his angry galmate.

One got a message from his galaxy that they didnt trust him because they belived that TGV was gonna hit his galaxy. He got exiled because of this. (We later attacked his galaxy, but that was at the players request)
There are idiots everywhere, what's your point?
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 18:12   #25
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

as Gzambo said about, fake nick for about 10mins, then reveal your real nick to the other person and vice versa has been my favorite method. Of course theres morons that get your nicks and exile out thinking they gained some huge peice of intel, but overall in the long run ive found it's better to not use fake nicks, and help build a galaxy based on trust among other players.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 18:45   #26
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Alliance intel has been a joke throughout the history of Planetarion.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 20:37   #27
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Fake nicking always required too much effort for my liking.
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 02:09   #28
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Tell me, why the **** should I trust you if you don't trust me?
Quote:
And they mostly make up stuff in order for others to not find out their identity

Quote:
I don't know about your gal, but in our galaxy, the main topics of conversation were how many funny derogatory things people could say about me and Tomkat. Even at the end of the round when you used TGV to hit us so that 2:6 could win and we had incs from other alliances, people just accepted the fact that we couldn't cover much as each person needed their fleet, we continued to make jokes and stuff.
Also, the "allianceplayer" thing is just BS, that is why we won, most of us played for the galaxy, the Ascendancy guys were defending their own alliance, we all defended when we got hit and the guys in alliances like vision and exi sent def fleets when we didn't have incs (or when their ships weren't needed)
This is why I have to agree with jester:
<+jesterina> I do believe that either galaxies or alliances need to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Fake nicking always required too much effort for my liking.
This is just so true.

Tell me, btw - why did you have a fake nick ingame and on your galbanner Kargool?
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 02:20   #29
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Tell me, btw - why did you have a fake nick ingame and on your galbanner Kargool?

To give people something to grind their teeth at. It's not like nobody knew it's Kargool there, hey, hello!?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 11:47   #30
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I used to get silly amounts of incs pretty much every round, just ask mek/general1/tearz/furball/other galmates.

I don't think it was because of it being me, it seemed to be one of those tempting fate things though.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 12:00   #31
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_

Because Pdmaster wasnt around to put up the second galbanner where I had my real nick.
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 12:58   #32
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

I knew JBG was asc, I jus wanted his roids . I'm so nice I even gave him salvage and part of my bs for em :d. But yeah I joined my gal chan after I exiled in with my real nick because pd was already in there with his real nick and within minutes Jackie was with his real nick and Rasputin came out with his real nick like the next day. Fakenicking is wack
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 15:01   #33
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
To give people something to grind their teeth at. It's not like nobody knew it's Kargool there, hey, hello!?
Hey, most of the TGV players who I spoke to near the end of the round had no idea that he was in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
just ask mek/general1/tearz/furball/other galmates.
AND YOU FORGET TO INCLUDE ME? :crymeariver:
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 19:55   #34
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I detest fake nicking, and I always have (yes, I know, hypocritical considering I am one of those who has enforced it in the past). I do feel it has a place in the game, but not in the way it is currently used.

Under some circumstances, fake nicking becomes necessary, but only when you are part of an alliance that faces a major persistent threat for the round. By "major persistent threat" I mean where other alliances are not just considering targetting you, but where they actively pursuing your downfall. Examples of this would include Fury R8, 1up in its third round on the back of a double win, 1up when it tagged up late after a no defence policy and, to a lesser extent, exilition in the rounds it has played (it's still always managed to find 'friends'). In these situations, the only way for your memberbase to stand a chance is if you pursue a strict stealth policy.

On the flip side however, there are obvious downfalls to fakenicking: trust and new member integration. Nobody can deny that these are powerful drawbacks to fake nicking from both a tactical and community-orientated viewpoint. I think these show that there are times when you should avoid fake nicking, times when alienating the community is probably not the best route to follow.

Overall, I think the current fashion of fake-nicking is completely unnecessary, and I think stems from people needing to feel that they are important enough to have people targetting them. I think they get comfort from that. I think this past round there was some argument maybe for certain individuals to fake nick, maybe within exilition, but I can't see what anyone else would have gained from it. In the end, the way fake nicking is utilised nowadays, it is purely a token gesture that serves to frustrate and alienate galaxy mates rather than have any real strategic benefit. If you want fake nicking to work, you've got to go a long way beyond that and defence channels. You have to fully compartmentalise defence into a 'cell' setup where people only defend within small groups, that way anyone getting compromised doesn't compromise everyone else (this was a tactic employed in R8 by Fury, but only on a known compromised/non-compromised basis). If you don't compartmentalise your defence, there is only 1 way in which fake nicking will do you any good beyond 2 weeks into the round, and that is if you have 100% faith (justified) in every single one of your members ability to not screw up and give their alliance away to ANYONE and you have 100% of your members outside buddypacks with other alliances. If you don't have this, simply from fleet movements near enough your entire alliance will be known within 2 weeks by anyone who cares enough to look for the coords (if they don't care enough to actively look, then you clearly have no need to fake nick anyway).

Basically, fake nicking has a purpose, but people are now doing it (very badly) out of habit and a need for self-importance (as individuals or groups) when really, nobody gives a shit who they are anyway.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 20:09   #35
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

I blame our lack of real nick intel on Lokken.

The Ascendancy members in your galaxy were, for the most part, added as eX coords because of cooperation on their attacks on more than one occaision. Better to err on the side of having too much intel on hostile alliances in your arbiter than not enough, at least when picking targets.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 20:30   #36
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
The Ascendancy members in your galaxy were, for the most part, added as eX coords because of cooperation on their attacks on more than one occaision. Better to err on the side of having too much intel on hostile alliances in your arbiter than not enough, at least when picking targets.
When I was in 1up we used to laugh at alliances who did that because they all had shit intel. Better to be hitting actual targets and fetch new coords off alliance defense, rather than wasting fleets hitting neutrals.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 20:31   #37
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Anyone who didnt have me listed, is stupid tbh
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 20:52   #38
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Your planets were hostile to ND, so they weren't 'neutral' so to speak. If you hadn't been hostile to our alliance, you wouldn't have been hit.

Besides, we're talking about...6 planets?

(edit: not 6 planets that had cooperated with eX attacks, but 6 planets in your gal.)

Last edited by Barrow|Pony; 11 Dec 2006 at 21:07.
Barrow|Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 22:18   #39
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't actually fake nick anymore, normally because I don't think it means much. Someone, somehow can and will find out your nick, unless you are truly dedicated to the cause. It is possible to fake nick the whole round but you lose out on the social side of things, if you have two mircs running, you really only chat in one.

I can't remember what round it was, round 16? The round where Ascendancy won. Well that round there were two galaxies at the top most of the round. Mine/stiflers and jerome/bwtmc. Funny thing was both galaxies had a lot of players who didnt fake nick.

I set up a channel for my galaxy and put the buddypack in it. We then got quite lucky, rob exiled into it, qsp and a few others. We also had that round 1up, Ascendancy, New Dawn and Angels in the galaxy (the 4 main alliances) so we had nothing to lose nick wise as we were in the arbiters because of our buddypack members. In the end we added every member who we were convinced werent fake nicking.

It was also the first round where I felt I helped teach someone the game. He actually got a really good rank. On the whole the round went well. The galaxy channel was quite active and our rank spoke for itself.

Jeromes galaxy I believe were much like ours, didnt care too much about fake nicking, and once again the rank speaks volumes.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 23:57   #40
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I just think everyone makes too big a deal about fakenicking on all sides of the issue.

There is a large number of people who fakenick for absolutely no reason or who fakenick long after there was a reason. I find this mildly irritating. I find it more irritating that some alliances ask thier members to fakenick when there is no reason or when there coords will be very easily discovered due to how they operate. "everyone fakenick forever, but ignore the fact that you can get every single members coords by looking at the attack bot"

On the other hand it irritates me that some people act as if fakenicking is some extreme act of deception that destroys galaxies and tears apart the fabric of the game.

Fake nicking is not now and has never been worthwhile for the majority of planetarion players, but it is worthwhile for some and if people want to use different nicks in different channels, thats thier business and I dont dislike them or distrust them because of this. Galaxies work when people cooperate and communicate regardless of what nicks they use while doing so.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 00:01   #41
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I don't actually fake nick anymore, normally because I don't think it means much. Someone, somehow can and will find out your nick, unless you are truly dedicated to the cause. It is possible to fake nick the whole round but you lose out on the social side of things, if you have two mircs running, you really only chat in one.

I can't remember what round it was, round 16? The round where Ascendancy won. Well that round there were two galaxies at the top most of the round. Mine/stiflers and jerome/bwtmc. Funny thing was both galaxies had a lot of players who didnt fake nick.

I set up a channel for my galaxy and put the buddypack in it. We then got quite lucky, rob exiled into it, qsp and a few others. We also had that round 1up, Ascendancy, New Dawn and Angels in the galaxy (the 4 main alliances) so we had nothing to lose nick wise as we were in the arbiters because of our buddypack members. In the end we added every member who we were convinced werent fake nicking.

It was also the first round where I felt I helped teach someone the game. He actually got a really good rank. On the whole the round went well. The galaxy channel was quite active and our rank spoke for itself.

Jeromes galaxy I believe were much like ours, didnt care too much about fake nicking, and once again the rank speaks volumes.
not a single person fakenicked in our gal but then again, i don't remember anyone who was active that was in an alliance other than ascendancy apart from expl8t, who realnicked as well
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 17:51   #42
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

Virtually all of the top planet’s in my gal all fake nicked, around tick 500 they all decided to drop the fake nick’s. During that period I was on holiday and was spending the earlier hours of the morning just keeping an eye on things and reporting incoming to the relevant def chan. I did not see any great increase in attacks on these planets once the fake nicks had been dropped, to be honest I can’t see the point in using one, but hey I’m a noob so what do I know.

All I can say is they guys were just the same with or without their fake nicks (a good bunch of guys / girls) and the amount of inc’s on them didn’t increase, so why bother?
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 11:22   #43
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Jester the incs on Ascen were mainly due to bad intel (or lack of interest to update the arbiter) as i was the responsible one for it

Not that Ascen was not exils lill helper in few decissive situations
if it werent Qebab and jer and few other Asc i would have hunted you down.
Would have been a good move political (not personal)

this game makes fake nicking very vital
every ally has a db of even mobile numbers so they can track ppl back
and the current tag system allows a lot if you can hide well

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 14:19   #44
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
Jester the incs on Ascen were mainly due to bad intel (or lack of interest to update the arbiter) as i was the responsible one for it

Not that Ascen was not exils lill helper in few decissive situations
if it werent Qebab and jer and few other Asc i would have hunted you down.
Would have been a good move political (not personal)

this game makes fake nicking very vital
and the current tag system allows a lot if you can hide well
Sjor, it's not at all about Ascendancy being targetted, it's a general topic about pros and cons of fake nicking.

Imho the only reason to fakenick is to avoid early incoming. And imo that does not at all justify all the downsides it brings with itself - but then again it's not my problem some people cannot live with the reality of war (for example losing roids or actually being under attack).
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 14:56   #45
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Sjor, it's not at all about Ascendancy being targetted, it's a general topic about pros and cons of fake nicking.

Imho the only reason to fakenick is to avoid early incoming. And imo that does not at all justify all the downsides it brings with itself - but then again it's not my problem some people cannot live with the reality of war (for example losing roids or actually being under attack).
the topic was addressed to the FO HC which i was part of at least while his gal was under attack. i justified my actions what even was not needed

i also gave a good reason pro fakeing which i can explain more so you understand it too.

Think most ppl know what i mean

Unread 29 Dec 2006, 15:14   #46
jerome

i think people in-tag should be shown of their tags in game when browsing through the galaxy screen and the universe top 100 or whatever
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 15:25   #47
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
As I've said before, any alliance that keeps a db of mobile phone numbers should be kicked from the game. It's unacceptable.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...03#post3075603
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...61#post3075661

A couple of my posts on the subject. The first post links to an old AD thread that discusses the issue, read that too.

Does FO keep a db of phone numbers?
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 15:29   #48
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
As I've said before, any alliance that keeps a db of mobile phone numbers should be kicked from the game. It's unacceptable.
No they shouldn't. If you post your mobile number on the interweb you cannot expect to be kept private unless you actually sign a data protection act. Since you aren't doing that with alliances nor their members, tough luck.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 15:35   #49
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
No they shouldn't. If you post your mobile number on the interweb you cannot expect to be kept private unless you actually sign a data protection act. Since you aren't doing that with alliances nor their members, tough luck.
Perhaps I phrased myself wrongly. I believe that an alliance that stores mobile numbers should not be welcome in PA, because it breaches the trust that PA players place in their galmates. This isn't something that should be banned by the EULA, it's an issue for alliances to reach a consensus on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
as ****ing if ahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
Yeah, the odds aren't too high are they

Last edited by furball; 29 Dec 2006 at 15:56.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 15:40   #50
Sjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...03#post3075603
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...61#post3075661

A couple of my posts on the subject. The first post links to an old AD thread that discusses the issue, read that too.

Does FO keep a db of phone numbers?
i dont say its ok but its legal as you put the mobile number on gal screen