User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Nov 2006, 10:58   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
/Me claps *fap fap fap*

Sooooooooooooo ND/LCH/FO/xVx have chosen to not let the last week and few days stagnate.
I know we are all wondering. Did FO take the deal that ND set forth? If not, what was agreed upon?

I would say I am proud of ND, but after witnessing them in this situation before, I now know that it takes an alliance with a low number count and 3 other allies helping before they get the balls to hit the #1 alliance.

Lets enjoy our last week or so of this round. Shall we?
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 11:22   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: /Me claps *fap fap fap*

I think there was some negotiation about who to drop out of the FO tag.

I hear both add and rain was suggested.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 11:36   #3
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

I thought the fap onomatopoeia was supposed to have a different connotation. Unless this really excites you in that way... you are pretty weird chika
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 11:42   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
I thought the fap onomatopoeia was supposed to have a different connotation.
It does
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 14:45   #5
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I know we are all wondering. Did FO take the deal that ND set forth? If not, what was agreed upon?
That's not what I'm wondering. What I am wondering is:

Who are the completely incompetent fools who planned last nights attacks on exil?

I know exil have suffered reasonable roid loss, but seriously, with the resources put into it, FAR more could and should have been achieved. Roiding some big exi planets til they have no roids left will not prevent them winning the round at this stage. It might let your members feel like they are doing something, but it's a bit late to start slowly for a morale boost. At this stage, it's necessary for whoever the BC's runnning the show are to learn a new concept: tactics. Anyone can use the brute force method to get a few roids.

If it were me, I'd have launched on a fairly large number of exi planets simultaneously (half - the big/gobby half), using fakes wherever possible. I'd have done that fairly early in the night and not gone OTT. This would have allowed them to cover a decent proportion of these incommings. I'd have then waited until right before those attacks landed (or recalled 10 seconds before tick in the case of ones needing to recall) before letting loose with everything else I had to catch the defence fleets (and any attack fleets) returning home, before using everything else I had left to wave the highest roid planets.

Unless the BC's are going to start using a little bit of intelligence and employing these funny 'tactic' things, then exi can just keep preserving their fleets and roiding enough to stay ahead.

Roidloss at this point is hardly an issue, score loss is what is needed.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 14:53   #6
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
If it were me, I'd have launched on a fairly large number of exi planets simultaneously (half - the big/gobby half), using fakes wherever possible. I'd have done that fairly early in the night and not gone OTT.
Just like you did all those times 1up beat EXilition, right?
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 14:55   #7
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I've been told tonight will be better!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 15:15   #8
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
That's not what I'm wondering. What I am wondering is:

Who are the completely incompetent fools who planned last nights attacks on exil?

I know exil have suffered reasonable roid loss, but seriously, with the resources put into it, FAR more could and should have been achieved. Roiding some big exi planets til they have no roids left will not prevent them winning the round at this stage.
They're not that far ahead. As things stand, there are four ways for eX to win:

1) Everyone else gives up. A scenario which appeared likely until yesterday, now much less likely.

2) XP. Unlikely/impossible now - eX have high value planets which are unable to gain significant XP from their more numerous and smaller opponents.

3) Holding a roid lead. Until today, this was the default course to victory. If they lose similar amounts of roids over the next 2-3 days, this will no longer be a viable option.

4) Relative score gain (by killing/FCing opposing fleets or other measures). I can't see any sign of it today. ND are handily out-scoring eX, and even FO have gained 1.5mil more score at the present moment.

Given that 1) isn't happening, 2) is almost impossible and 4) is difficult, 3) is their best shot. This pretty much directly contradicts your assertion that losing all of their roids would not harm eX. How else are they supposed to grow in score at this stage?

Actually, there is a fifth way: add more planets from out of the tag. The question is: how many are left, and can they afford to keep them out of the tag any longer whilst receiving such heavy incoming?

Quote:
It might let your members feel like they are doing something, but it's a bit late to start slowly for a morale boost. At this stage, it's necessary for whoever the BC's runnning the show are to learn a new concept: tactics. Anyone can use the brute force method to get a few roids.
Tactics are nice when you have a small, elite crew. Tactics generally go out of the window when you're trying to get 300 people aiming in the same direction. The best approach is to run some tactical attacks against a background of covering fire from the masses of... less tactically astute attackers.

Quote:
If it were me, I'd have launched on a fairly large number of exi planets simultaneously (half - the big/gobby half), using fakes wherever possible. I'd have done that fairly early in the night and not gone OTT. This would have allowed them to cover a decent proportion of these incommings. I'd have then waited until right before those attacks landed (or recalled 10 seconds before tick in the case of ones needing to recall) before letting loose with everything else I had to catch the defence fleets (and any attack fleets) returning home, before using everything else I had left to wave the highest roid planets.
Defence fleets return with an ETA one lower than attack fleets. You'd need to launch a full tick before those attack fleets landed. This is before we consider that very few defence fleets ever go to ETA 1 - attackers either pull at ETA 4, or they land, in which case defence shouldn't be there (unless the attackers are landing stupid attacks, which I assume you would not approve of).

Quote:
Unless the BC's are going to start using a little bit of intelligence and employing these funny 'tactic' things, then exi can just keep preserving their fleets and roiding enough to stay ahead.
Who on earth are they going to roid? FO have, on average, half the number of roids per member that eX do, and ND have barely 60%. eX are mostly vulnerable to precisely the kind of tactics that are being used - exploiting their lack of fleet slots by sending mass incoming. I'd agree with you that eX just need to preserve their fleets if they were 100mil ahead, but not less than 10mil. Given that eX have plenty of roids to defend, 3-fleet (or even 2-fleet) attacking might be out of the question for them, so I doubt that they can win a roid race.

Quote:
Roidloss at this point is hardly an issue, score loss is what is needed.
On a planet scale, roidloss doesn't matter much for the planets losing the roids. With a week to go, those roids would not have created much value. But losing large numbers of roids to planets with significantly lower value is a problem, because those planets are gaining massive amounts of XP. eX can only lose from a game of swap-the-roid, because they can't possibly gain more XP than their opponents. Ergo, those opponents should be more than happy to play swap-the-roid. In fact, suiciding fleets might even be a good idea for FO/ND, as it puts them below a great many eX members' bash limits.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 15:17   #9
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Score loss that's a new one.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 16:08   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Score loss that's a new one.
I heard it happens when you lose roids and fleet.

Hasn't happened to me yet though, so still waiting.

I shall report here when I hear anything!
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 16:14   #11
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Seems there's a reasonable chance of defeating eXilition now.

However, there's still the chance that someone will try to **** around and screw over the others out of selfishness, as usually happens amongst none-1up/eXil alliances... if anyone tries that, I hope you get murdered.

EDIT: Just realised there's apparently only 9 days left, so it's being cut a little fine. Either way, good luck to everyone.

Last edited by Gate; 29 Nov 2006 at 17:08.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 16:57   #12
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
And in this scenario of yours you use to belittle the efforts made last night, what were eXi doing? Sitting around with their mouths open waiting for the shit to hit the fan so they could just swallow it?

Your strategy would work, but you're oversimplifying. You're ruling out a lot of factors influencing the alliances giving it a try.

I, myself, am cheering for the effort. It beats sitting around holding grudges.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 17:14   #13
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

I lost roids last night
But the substantial gain I'm going to get from my 2 un-def'd FC's so far will FAR make up for it. GG :P
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 17:30   #14
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

so goes Psi_K, so goes Planetarion.

(edit: you'd think that with 6 words I'd be able to spell correctly)
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 17:34   #15
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Proud of ND?
wtf
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 18:34   #16
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

well if ND continue to suicide in the manner they have all round, there going to have to teamup alot more to be able to get through.

Also to basher, yes multiple waves over more planets is the tactic, but i think they ctually need a fair amount of planets hitting each exi to stand a chance of getting through, is the impression i get.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 18:39   #17
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
well if ND continue to suicide in the manner they have all round, there going to have to teamup alot more to be able to get through.
If they have been 'suiciding all round', then how did they get through today?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 18:41   #18
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

xp
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 18:48   #19
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Just like you did all those times 1up beat EXilition, right?
I was never really military in 1up, except 1ups first round, and my activity wasn't great. It was eclipse and Fury where I did military stuff.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 18:54   #20
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

The first massive incs is always the most rewarding (in %). One night is easy, holding it up for a week or 2 is not. Tonight Exil will prob be more prepered and there will prob be fewer attack fleets launching on exil.

It will be interesting to see if ND/FO can keep this up for the reminder of the round.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:01   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
The first massive incs is always the most rewarding (in %). One night is easy, holding it up for a week or 2 is not. Tonight Exil will prob be more prepered and there will prob be fewer attack fleets launching on exil.

It will be interesting to see if ND/FO can keep this up for the reminder of the round.
I agree with Treveler. I doubt eXil had a huge amount of preparation prior to last night's incoming, yet apparently they'll be landing some fleetcatches on their attackers within the next few ticks. With decent preparation, the block may be in for a pasting tomorrow afternoon as their fleets return.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:12   #22
ComradeRob
wasted

Blocks generally fail because one or more participants put their individual interests ahead of the block's interests and cease attacking. Or, conversely, if the block manages to continue to attack en masse (or even tempt others to join the fray with the lure of high-XP eXilition roids) then they might succeed in dislodging eX from the #1 spot. No alliance, no matter how good, can withstand the force of superior numbers - the only question is whether those numbers of attackers can continue to be motivated.

It has only very rarely been done and ND/FO are unlikely candidates for making such a thing happen. On the other hand, they've made a good start. Time will tell
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:12   #23
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
I lost roids last night
But the substantial gain I'm going to get from my 2 un-def'd FC's so far will FAR make up for it. GG :P

Thanks.

This is the only way – FC –
Let one or two allies go for EX fleets then the win will happen pre 9 days…. Easy.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:13   #24
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In my opinion I see no reason why ND and FO cant keep up the onslaught.

From a personal point of view, I'm loving it. Loads of xp and loads of roids. If eXil come back and take my roids, who cares my value is so low that when I go back and get even half of them my score gain is more than theres.

Bless xp.

My message to members attacking Exil is keep your head up, ignore roids, just xp your way to the top. You outnumber exil, so use it to your advantage.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:21   #25
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Cool Re: /Me claps *fap fap fap*

but..but It's fun to kill ships
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:23   #26
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Blocks generally fail because one or more participants put their individual interests ahead of the block's interests and cease attacking.
With Angels not present in the traditional fashion, there's probably a lot less block betrayal to happen (isn't it their trademark, which they made themselves famous again this round too?).

I think, that, ND and FO (with the person who is in helm there at the moment) is a very likely block that can hold on to the agenda at hands as long as it's necessary.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:45   #27
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

I'm not convinced there's a block at all. ND just appear to have timed their inevitable move on Exi correctly and allowed FO to attack them first and recieve the early backlash. It looks like it might well work as well - the score gains for ND and FO if they can keep it up should mean they overtake Exi unless Exi add more members.

That of course depends on them actually getting the lazy and the fencesitting to attack.....

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:50   #28
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
I'm not convinced there's a block at all. ND just appear to have timed their inevitable move on Exi correctly and allowed FO to attack them first and recieve the early backlash. It looks like it might well work as well - the score gains for ND and FO if they can keep it up should mean they overtake Exi unless Exi add more members.

That of course depends on them actually getting the lazy and the fencesitting to attack.....
convinced? nd and fo are sharing their targets at least

the first alliance to drop out of attacking exilition solely will be the one who will help them win, and i suspect FO are not far from doing just that (aka hitting people that are known to be outside exilition)

Last edited by jerome; 29 Nov 2006 at 19:59.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:55   #29
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome

the first alliance to drop out of attacking exilition solely will be the one who will help them win, and i suspect FO are not far from doing just that (aka hitting people that are NOT in-tag exi planets; ones who directly affect exi's score)
If we do that, i'll leave

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:56   #30
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

why? you want to go at exilition alone?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:57   #31
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:

the first alliance to drop out of attacking exilition solely will be the one who will help them win, and i suspect FO are not far from doing just that (aka hitting people that are NOT in-tag exi planets; ones who directly affect exi's score)
I wouldn't be so sure. They seem to have a bit more backbone than usual, and have correctly identified that the way to beat eX is to attack eX and nobody else. It has taken long enough, but they might have the right idea here.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 19:58   #32
Shev
So what?

Quote:
why? you want to go at exilition alone?
Not really, I just have faith in some of the people who've taken over since the merge. Attacking Exi fufils both goals - stops them winning, and gives us a chance of doing so through the dodgy score system.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 20:15   #33
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's not a dodgy score system at all. It just reiterates the point that value is important but not deciding your rank alone.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 20:21   #34
ComradeRob
wasted

The current situation is probably the best example yet of the XP system doing exactly what it is supposed to do. I don't say this often, but PA team deserve some congratulations for making something that appears to work well without having too many adverse side-effects
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 20:33   #35
pig
1up on you

Surely that is the thing that I hope ND and FO have both realised.

On there own, eXil will win. Together not only gives them a chance to get some nice roids, xp and score ie decent planet ranks but gives them a shot at winning and prevents eXil from winning again.

Works out best for everyone.

Anyway if eXilition lose the round, not as if they will made. I mean they didn't even plan to have this many members, let alone there rank. So no hard feelings right?
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 20:54   #36
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Surely that is the thing that I hope ND and FO have both realised.

On there own, eXil will win. Together not only gives them a chance to get some nice roids, xp and score ie decent planet ranks but gives them a shot at winning and prevents eXil from winning again.

Works out best for everyone.

Anyway if eXilition lose the round, not as if they will made. I mean they didn't even plan to have this many members, let alone there rank. So no hard feelings right?
No hard feelings indeed. Even though I don't agree with the way ND ended the nap, I can hardly blame them for attacking us.
Shev, when will you resign? ND/FO are cooperating on attacks. Also ND brought xVx and LCH along. (Not being able to stop your members from launching for that what happened earlier this round is a lousy excuse Ace.)
I have a good feeling about this war and I'm confident eXilition will do well.

Last edited by Stoom; 29 Nov 2006 at 21:17.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 22:01   #37
Shev
So what?

You misunderstood me. Was talking about this...

Quote:
i suspect FO are not far from doing just that (aka hitting people that are known to be outside exilition)
Until Exi aren't the main obstacle to winning the round, we should be hitting them with everything we have.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 22:10   #38
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
Until Exi aren't the main obstacle to winning the round, we should be hitting them with everything we have.
So, basically, if ND should be #1 alliance in two days, with only about a week left to go, you are going to hit ND? To achieve what, finding a way to remove xp from a planet? To magically cap about a million roids to be able to outgrow ND value-wise? I think the only chance is to outperform ND in the xp hunt on exilition. So far ND is leading that race, and you won't win the race by hitting the alliance with lesser value and score per planet.
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 22:14   #39
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
So, basically, if ND should be #1 alliance in two days, with only about a week left to go, you are going to hit ND? To achieve what, finding a way to remove xp from a planet? To magically cap about a million roids to be able to outgrow ND value-wise? I think the only chance is to outperform ND in the xp hunt on exilition. So far ND is leading that race, and you won't win the race by hitting the alliance with lesser value and score per planet.
In my opinion, even if eXilition should be third and have a 10 mil score gap up to #2, they will still be the largest obstacle. If I have a say in this, this will last until the end of the round.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 22:21   #40
Shev
So what?

Quote:
You're right - which is why I said main obstacle instead of #1 alliance. I don't envisage a time when they won't be to be honest, they have far too much value stacked up.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 22:21   #41
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
In my opinion, even if eXilition should be third and have a 10 mil score gap up to #2, they will still be the largest obstacle. If I have a say in this, this will last until the end of the round.
Looks like there are finally people with common sense in charge of running angels. Way to go :-)
Unread 29 Nov 2006, 23:03   #42
MotoX
Stolen

Are we making history here?

Will this gangbanging against the top alliance close to end be a new feature that will follow us right into the next round.

And maybe stay for a while too?
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 00:05   #43
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
angels spirit <3 just like all the other rounds...
prevent eX from winning no matter what the cost is
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 00:10   #44
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Looks like there are finally people with common sense in charge of running angels. Way to go :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
You guys are contradicting each other.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 00:25   #45
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i hear 15k cr a day is the going rate at the moment
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 02:15   #46
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
It is a perfectly logical strategy. eXilition will probably attack whichever alliance they believe is most likely to cave in under pressure. If FO say that they will continue attack eX regardless, then eX have much less of an incentive to hit them. Instead, perhaps they should focus on another alliance which would be more easily scared off by heaving incoming.

Of course, that's assuming that you believe what FO are saying...

Such is the bluff and counter-bluff of politics
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 04:18   #47
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

note: we will totally cave under pressure.

i am susceptible to bribes.
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 06:50   #48
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
It wouldn't be the first time!

Last edited by Stoom; 30 Nov 2006 at 06:58.
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 07:37   #49
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradRob
It is a perfectly logical strategy. eXilition will probably attack whichever alliance they believe is most likely to cave in under pressure. If FO say that they will continue attack eX regardless, then eX have much less of an incentive to hit them.
Don't overlook the fact that FO is really two distinct alliances with one shit name. That makes the issue much more complex. On the one hand you'd want to attack anyone who'd come up with that kind of tag name on the basis they can't be very clever. On the other you have to think that the infamously awesome Newdawn Military Machine (NMM) must somehow be kept in check.

I'm sure glad I'm not the one stuck between that particular rock and Qebab's ass.... errrr, hard place.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 08:57   #50
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony

i am susceptible to bribes.
i can't keep up paying to keep you on irc dear

motivation will have to be your fuel!