User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Nov 2006, 19:43   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
We told you so! (some disagreed)

Here is a nice collection of quotes before the round and as the round started, I have set it out so you can hopefully see the two sides of the argument. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest 13 Sep 2006, 21:50
You guys really think for 1 second that exi wont win?

Exi win at a canter for me, and the places below will be decided on who they decide not to kill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat 13 Sep 2006, 22:09
Seeing as only 10 or so members from the eXi core are starting out, and the rest could be anyone as far as we know, you shouldn't be so certain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig 15 Sep 2006, 09:19
eXiliton will win, thats my prediction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr 15 Sep 2006, 10:45
eXilition will win the round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK 15 Sep 2006, 11:36
eXilition won't win
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest 15 Sep 2006, 15:42
Anyone who thinks exi really wont try for that, is almost certainly drunk.

Exi will win the round, and tahts that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman 15 Sep 2006, 18:13
will be a fun round.. everyone expecting us to masstag in the end hehe and then omg u cheated u didnt tag up with the players u didnt have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate 16 Sep 2006, 00:42
Oh, I will make one prediction.

If eXi bring any form of reasonable strength (ie more than what, 20 people?) to the table and get anywhere near the top, they will need to be hit by a massively overwhelming force.

Self interest and sheer shortsightedness will prevent this from happening. The alliances will probably decide that hitting eXi gals will work, or maybe they'll get threatened by eX and back down, or maybe they'll not trust the others to go in (maybe because they're hoping to avoid doing any of the work themselves) and so refuse to join in any first step.

And then eXi will roflol and win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest 16 Sep 2006, 10:36
Exi will play to win, and I am sure they will win.

The ranks below will be decided on whoever sides with Exi on there quest to get top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman 16 Sep 2006, 12:06
bah wish peeps would start taking us for the noobs we really are.. just look at me and HK.. proof enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmillian 16 Sep 2006, 20:21
still same forest dribble...

you still think exi is on their non ending journey of being better then 1up by winning 2rounds in a row
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless 18 Sep 2006, 10:50
Exi is clearly playing the 1up r12 strategy. This does of course work because the only other alliance capable of delivering competition to exi retired for good and now idiocy rules the rest of the universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman 18 Sep 2006, 13:46
Heartless how much money are u willing to bet on that last statement?? "clearly playin 1up r12 strategy" ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless 20 Sep 2006, 10:24
Especially due to 1up being out of the game it should be a clear win for eXilition. No matter how much they fool all you incompetent idiots into believing that they'll not play to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek 20 Sep 2006, 11:04
sometimes you are just like a stuck record
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman 20 Sep 2006, 16:52
ooh yeh lets block against an ally which has around half of your own memberbase.... each time we come with the truth.. that we aint playin like we usually do.. someone with to much time comes up with that sci-fi movie idea in his head... u seriously should write some soap series..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly 20 Sep 2006, 16:59
Most exi or exi sympathizers all vehemently denying trying to win over the course of a few threads? I swear 1up pulled this stunt in earlier rounds. The decision to actually play two rounds in a row, and you're saying you're not going to try to win it?

It's a bad thing when even *I* can pick out crap propaganda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman 20 Sep 2006, 17:16
well its SO bad propaganda u should see its not propaganda at all...

we arent stupid.. that trick 1up pulled wouldnt work now...

we have said it before and ill say it again.. pa is getting boring as fck, so we try to make it fun again by actually having more fun in the round by playing with a core and change our goals.. and plan is to train a command to take over etc for the future..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei 20 Sep 2006, 18:02
I intend to believe cartman, when he says they dont intend to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate 20 Sep 2006, 18:40
I've heard all this stuff before. If I were in control of an alliance now, the most logical choice is to overpower and flatten eXilition early in the round to ensure that they don't win easily, therefore giving my own alliance a chance to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate 20 Sep 2006, 18:54
Whether eX are playing properly or not is nearly irrelavent. The mere possibility of eXilition coming out in any sort of force is enough to pose an immense threat to the top spot.

Logically, hitting eXilition early, unless you can conclusively prove that you will not win, is the only way alliances can ensure a chance at winning. The other option is taking a gamble on whether you're telling the truth or not, and considering eX's reputation, that's not a very good gamble IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman 20 Sep 2006, 19:05
that first point.. like i stated before ... we intend to have fun.. not to be kingmakers.. but we certainly should be able to make someone not win...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz 21 Sep 2006, 13:48
I don't think eXilition even has 30 members.

eXilition wont win next round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros 21 Sep 2006, 21:34
you think the universe falles for another tactic lsuch as 1up used (succesfully)?
who knows :")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germania 21 Sep 2006, 22:35
The most important point, however, is that exilitions plots are to an extent irrelevent. Whether or not exilition plans to do anything, if they have a solid core of 35 high score planets and there are people available for them to recruit, they will be able to make a play for the round. And if they have any number of loyalists or friends playing out of tag (whether they planned to join later or not) it would make it that much easier to make such a play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid 21 Sep 2006, 23:30
I suspect Exi will win the round even if they don't intend to. Last round exi were a LOT better than 1up and 1up were a LOT better than anyone else. With 1up not playing the gap in quality between Exi and the rest is huge. 1up won a round with 2/3 max members, i suspect doing it with half wouldn't be too tricky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig 22 Sep 2006, 11:43
eXil at the top **** knows where the rest will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor 22 Sep 2006, 14:28
reason for exil on #1 is the fact that they have a lot of members that are well skilled and that would probably leave if the ally would play half hearted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Religfree 22 Sep 2006, 16:47
Sorry but whatever you eXi command types say; you are playing to win. You probably will win and if anyone thinks otherwise there nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG 22 Sep 2006, 17:45
Predictions are a funny old thing. Personally I didn't predict exilition to win because I presume everyone will **** them over anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate 26 Sep 2006, 10:03
That this round is looking hugely interesting since for teh first time in PaX there are plenty of alliances in with a great shot at winning the round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig 26 Sep 2006, 10:08
I believe this can only be the case if a) eXilition dont play or b) eXilition are twatted from t72. Other than that it will be a foregone conclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor 26 Sep 2006, 13:21
exilition will most likely not get twatted as even if 3 allainces teamup on them the other alliances will hit those 3 alliances cause of beeing afraid that exil targets them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig 26 Sep 2006, 14:02
My advice cannot be any clearer to alliances. Hit eXilition from tick 72. This isn't propoganda this is just a warning in advance so in 3 months time people dont come here and go how did we let a 40 man alliance beat us.

Now History tells us when eXilition play, they win.

Now dont be fools, you have been fooled before be it by 1up, Ascendency hell im sure even eXilition fooled us all. Don't be fooled again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom 26 Sep 2006, 14:27
Zomg pig isnt even playing and still starting up the propagandamachine against eXilition!!!

To quote Ziw (about the only other guy in eXi priv chan ) "Somehow I feel pig wants us dead from tick72 ;p"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziw 26 Sep 2006, 14:30
And, yes, good work on the let's kill the playing for fun ally with downsized manpower =)
You really schould get a cookie for creating the we hate eXi powerblock preround ;p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggadra 26 Sep 2006, 14:43
Wow. We must have really gotten into pig's head somehow. You piss your pants by people asking you on the streets "eXcuse me?" or "Let's do some eXercise. Shall we?" ?

I haven't seen that much paranoia since my social year at the asylum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig 26 Sep 2006, 15:31
I would rather be paranoid, than stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate 26 Sep 2006, 16:47
I'm afraid that I'm still in the 'twat eX' camp. With pig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman 26 Sep 2006, 17:56
... honored u think that much of us pig.. and yes if we were somewhat like last round it might have happened.. sadly alot have gotten bored.. and alot of command wants to get back to the real world.. so eX is nothin like last round or the other rounds we've won.. this is more like our break rounds only that we instead are gonna play and just try to get some more fun into the game and possibly get up a new command team.. its either playing with small base and just having fun or not playing at all ...but we decided to play to prepare eX for the future.. when alot leaves completly..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMillian 27 Sep 2006, 11:34
pig has been too much brainwashed by his masters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig 27 Sep 2006, 16:20
Anyway back to my point, if alliances ignore the perceived threat (perceived by myself and many others of this fine and established community) then eXilition may win. If they are playing for "fun" rather than rank then I say keep an eye on eXilition, if they start growing and shooting the shit about roiding then cnut them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Religfree 17 Oct 2006, 17:47
eXi are winning and will be #1 at some point this round. Fact
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTMC
bet you a night out for us and three other uk pa forum'ers that you're wrong.

Loser pays for the first three rounds, either London or Birmingham sound okay? How does that sound \o/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwekwek 18 Oct 2006, 01:44
lolz, I'm even gonna buy a ticket to collect that bet, thats for sure. See ya in 7ish weeks my favorite 1up poster boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig 9 Oct 2006, 19:11
I heard a rumour eXilition are playing for the win, with two bgs and shit!

Only a rumour though.

Are eXilition actually going for a back to back win like we all predicted?

pls no flaming just interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA 9 Oct 2006, 20:09
Like, *you* predicted, in over 5 seperate posts! Sure, there are a few *other* people, but none to the extent you did! And to answer your question: no. I'm sure you won't beleive me now, or for a good portion of this round. But I do expect a full apology at the end of the round, for continually propagating propaganda--of course my post may be considered propaganda now too (But as I said, you can keep it in your head for the round, then apologize later.

I've actually seen you called 'propaganda pig' in 2 public channels in the last 3 days. I laughed the first time I saw it in #public since I had just finish reading your 'OMG eX will WIN!' post in Judge's deleted thread, do you happen to know where that nickname origionated? It's either from some sort of private channel, or alliance, I suppose--as I saw it refered to twice in seperate conversations/channels @_@
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome 9 Oct 2006, 20:17
i don't think any exi really need to bother replying to pig now, he's made himself look over the top enough to lose a reasonable amount of credibility,
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 20:16   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: We told you so! (some disagreed)

Nice collection, but didn't 1up claim they (1up) weren't gonna win aswell? Can't remember what round it was, r12 or something?
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 20:20   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Nice collection, but didn't 1up claim they (1up) weren't gonna win aswell? Can't remember what round it was, r12 or something?
Probably. Misdirection is a powerful tool at times.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 20:23   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes! I didn't make a stupid prediction because all predictions are daft unless they involve stupid accumulators on football results!
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 20:43   #5
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

predict the Chicago Cubs will win the 2007 World Series \o/
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 20:47   #6
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
predict the Chicago Cubs will win the 2007 World Series \o/
well in true ND style they suck and will ofc loose
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 20:50   #7
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

The round isn't over, my little puppies!

Let the games commence!

But if eX do win, then all other top5 alliance HCs are rather retarded for letting it happen. I really didn't take that into account when I predicted that eX won't win.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 20:52   #8
rain

rain can only hope to improve

I like this one

Predictions are a funny old thing. Personally I didn't predict exilition to win because I presume everyone will **** them over anyways.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 21:02   #9
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Took long to gather all those quates? Geez, even I couldn't imagine ever being that bored

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 21:19   #10
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Pig this is awesome. It just sort of sums up all the eXi threads. You had it right all along showing that you were neither stupid or paranoid.

Great thread.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 21:50   #11
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

lol.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:14   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain
I like this one

Seeing as that's me can I ask what you mean by "like"?
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:22   #13
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

how did i disagree i just said you were indeed like a stuck record as mek posted apparently! (that was of course ignored, like expected)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:29   #14
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

I like the fact that you thought Exil would be ****ed over when there is not one competent leader left in the game (outisde exil) and when there is a serious lack of spine, it can only go one way.

May I ask who you expected to organise this **** Over?
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:45   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
I like the fact that you thought Exil would be ****ed over when there is not one competent leader left in the game (outisde exil) and when there is a serious lack of spine, it can only go one way.

May I ask who you expected to organise this **** Over?
It's not that difficult to do. Even forest went around trying to organise it!
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:46   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I heard he succeeded
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:49   #17
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTMC
bet you a night out for us and three other uk pa forum'ers that you're wrong.

Loser pays for the first three rounds, either London or Birmingham sound okay? How does that sound \o/

Too bad Relig didn't want to take up the bet...

Quote:
I think he means that it is dramatic irony at its best, you believe that all the alliances will team up and **** eXi from the start seeing as you have some misplaced faith in the incompetent HC of the top 5 alliances, but they do the opposite...

Edit: Pig didn't include me, I've been saying that eXi would win from the start too
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:50   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I heard he succeeded
Obviously nobody has, to this point in time, succeeded. However it is not an outrageously difficult thing to do. The fact that something has not happened does not mean it was by necessity impossible from day one.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:53   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Obviously nobody has, to this point in time, succeeded. However it is not an outrageously difficult thing to do. The fact that something has not happened does not mean it was by necessity impossible from day one.
He can do anything he can, there's still time!
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:54   #20
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
We did indeed, and we meant it. Winning took us by surprise as much as it did anyone else.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 22:59   #21
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
When the incompetent leaders dont wanna hit exi, then yes its difficult.

the actual orgainsing isnt that difficult, its the planting the leaders in soil and hoping they grow balls that is the issue.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 23:02   #22
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I dont see how I end up the figure of fun again anyway.

Yes I tried.

Yes I failed.

But there is a shitload of threads on here of people whining that alliances didnt try.

And quite frankly, I believe its better to try and fail, than not to try at all.

Maybe if more people followed my thinking, and actually tried, we wouldnt be in this mess.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 23:28   #23
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1up didn't hide members out of tag?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 23:30   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
It's a mixture of r12 1up and r17 1up. They're so uninventive eXilition
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 23:41   #25
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
No, but they still won when they weren't supposed to (thought 1up probably were taken by a bigger surprise-win than eXi).
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 00:01   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
And quite frankly, I believe its better to try and fail, than not to try at all.

Maybe if more people followed my thinking, and actually tried, we wouldnt be in this mess.
Looking back on the round, people actually tried.

Infact Angels, block and Omen tried. Infact they agreed to hit - together. Only for Omen to end up going solo contrary to what was agreed, realise they'd been butt****ed by Angels and made them turn on them. But people have glossed over this too - only I realised this happened after i read through a few threads.

Once Angels realised they had a few angry alliances after them, Sjor made his thread on AD, which gives evidence of the above.
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 00:29   #27
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Stoom heart JBG
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 00:43   #28
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

More than likely eX underestimated the combined stupidity of the rest of the PA alliance leadership. Back when I actually gave a shit, I partically begged both Mobrulz and Angryduck to put aside their differences and kill eX before they got big. These is no hope left for this excuse for a game. /game
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 00:46   #29
rain

rain can only hope to improve

Quote:
It was exactly the opposite hehe. But don't worry, many others were 'fooled' by this strategy, including all HCs from all 2nd hand alliances playing this round. I call '2nd hand alliance' every alliance that at one point in the round dreamed at the end of round speech.
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 01:03   #30
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
how did i disagree i just said you were indeed like a stuck record as mek posted apparently! (that was of course ignored, like expected)
hmm...i dont even remember posting that tbh. will go look it up :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 01:34   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain
It was exactly the opposite hehe. But don't worry, many others were 'fooled' by this strategy, including all HCs from all 2nd hand alliances playing this round. I call '2nd hand alliance' every alliance that at one point in the round dreamed at the end of round speech.
What do you mean fooled? I suggested merging late round as a good strategy in that very post

I'm quite offended now and will be leaving with my ball immediately.
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 01:38   #32
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

piglet I don't think you understand what most people were saying.

Noone said exilition didn't WANT to win.
Noone said exilition would be recruiting newbies.
Noone said exilition would suck.

Just that they wouldn't be putting as much effort into winning this round as previous rounds, as demonstrated by their lower membercount, supposedly less activity (I know that their technical stuff is just the same as last round, they haven't improved it or got techies working on anything, for example) and less in the way of organisation.

It isn't their fault that their competition sucks.

Just because a premiership footballer is hungover and not in the mood to play, doesn't mean a bunch of spastics could beat him, even if they all managed to somehow work together.
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 01:54   #33
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Just because a premiership footballer is hungover and not in the mood to play, doesn't mean a bunch of spastics could beat him, even if they all managed to somehow work together.
i bet a team of spastics could beat teddy sherringham...hungover or not*

*the spastics...not teddy

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 07:32   #34
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
even if they all managed to somehow work together.
And people think Jesus is a fantasy.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 07:40   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
And people think Jesus is a fantasy.
I'm not sure to what extent you realise this but given context what you've just typed is severely offensive to mentally retarded people.
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 09:51   #36
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
(I know that their technical stuff is just the same as last round, they haven't improved it or got techies working on anything, for example)
I can prove you wrong, I added military scan parsing!!
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 10:26   #37
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
No, but they still won when they weren't supposed to (thought 1up probably were taken by a bigger surprise-win than eXi).
In fairness 1up declared prior to tick start that we would not be going for the round win but would more exert whatever influence we had in Kingmaking another alliance. In this case it was ND. We also won because of gross stupidity.

eXilition: Having members out of tag isn't *quite* as stylish ( ) - but well done all the same.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 10:34   #38
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

In a round full of „dirty“ moves we of course have someone who is much better than any other alliance, who were the master of evil who did excellent politics work and so on.
What I can say is that there is still some kind of honour at most alliances where a word counts more than a win. It’s pretty clear that an ally that is not keeping their word will win because one ally kept its word
Let me bow in front of you exilition.
Let me clear first that this is not a whine post. I will definitely not play next round in a position higher than scanner but this round I HC-ed most of the time. This is more a “ I WERE A STUPID MORON THIS ROUND BUT I AINT ALONE!" post
This round was the shi***est round I have ever played
In a round where most alliances are as weak as ever it took even for the great exilition a lot of work and made them break all their statements and even drop their word

Ok so what happened?
After Angels got brought down by a lot of people we started looking for the big head in front of this organisation. We pretty fast found exil pulling the ropes
Also due to the fact we didn’t have roids anyway we decided to go after exilition. They claim we have sent 60 fleets at them + of course our “block”. After 2 or 3 nights where we could see ND grow and exil stagnate they approached us.
They said they will drop the nap with ND and not target Angels at all for the good of the round, to make it more interesting they said
LMAO if exil cares about anything but them.
They didn’t just talk to us but also to Omen, ToF and Vision.
To me this sounds like a break of a non aggression pact
At that point exilition had already a 15M lead to #1 ally, due to the stockpiled resources and planets out of tag.
After our merge with omen we asked exilition if the deal is still valid and we got a confirmation.
We knew pretty sure that there is no way that exilition is going to drop the nap as they now saw their victory threatened by the new ally.

I got told by an exilition HC how active their HC chan is, how much they talk, how active those 6+ brains are. As we tried to get an answer when the nap is going to be dropped we got answers like we need xxx he is not there, xxx sent us to yyy the old story
Finally I found some1 replying and got told that a they will not drop the nap cause we have tried to push ND hit them.
Only talks we had with ND at that time was between Lockhead and ND where exilition wasnt even mentioned.

Beside the steady tries to get our people to their side by offering them naps and trying to turn ToF and Vision against us by telling that we send them first so we get the roids and they drain the def. I would like to thank these two alliances for being real good partners and sticking with us.

So let me sum up
The great and glorious exilition ally that is so l33t and that doesn’t need anyone to win a round
Needed 5 alliances to play the round into their hands, needed to use most of the dirty tricks, needed to break an agreement

Exilition deserved to win this round most, as they very ready to give (do) most for it.
The guilty people for exil wins are pretty much all HCs of Angels (incl. me) , Omen, and ND and I think most will agree to it.
Seeing that next round exilition is back full force I really hope someone can be arsed to make a good ally to beat them as at the moment I don’t see any and the whole round they didn’t have any slightest pressure.
Also I hope Kaifux will be in charge again so maybe they keep words they give

If you need any proofs for all that let me know

Congrats exil however this round ends

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 11:51   #39
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
Also due to the fact we didn’t have roids anyway we decided to go after exilition. They claim we have sent 60 fleets at them + of course our “block”. After 2 or 3 nights where we could see ND grow and exil stagnate they approached us.
Sorry about this one Sjor, I do quite like you... but...

What the **** is that? What the hell was teh rest of your alliance doing? How the hell did you think 60 fleets was 'going after' eXilition? Seriously, I have no ****ing idea how Angels ever thought that was going to do a proper job.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 12:45   #40
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate

What the **** is that? What the hell was teh rest of your alliance doing? How the hell did you think 60 fleets was 'going after' eXilition? Seriously, I have no ****ing idea how Angels ever thought that was going to do a proper job.

thats what exil said we for sure sent more than 60 fleets
anyway we did go after them

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 18:06   #41
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate

Give them a break Gate mate, im sure you are well aware ND have sent far less at people during a war. Infact sometimes none at all. Its not easy to run a focused war, specially against someone like eXi.

Back to the topic. I think most people were aware of the fact eXi were the strongest alliance comming into the round but could not believe that the other alliances would do nothing about it. Its not easy have such a low view of people but the HCs of Angels/Omen/NewDawn have made it a lot easier this round. In the end to win games you need quite a ruthless/confident/fighter attitude and there are very few people like that, seemingly none HCing any other alliance than eXi.

I think the best thing that can come from this is for people to learn a lesson this round and realise sometimes you need to work with people you dislike to achieve your own goals. I dont think rubbing it in peoples faces is constructive though.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 20:20   #42
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

Pig, I know i've been wrong at tickstart, and have been suspecting that for some weeks, despite not playing a lot anymore. What surprises me is that people can't get over their hostilities now to give it a last try. But it seems that everyone's got the will to fight blown out of them. Shame really as it could still be done if only some people weren't so preudiced against each others.
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 21:10   #43
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~
Pig, I know i've been wrong at tickstart, and have been suspecting that for some weeks, despite not playing a lot anymore. What surprises me is that people can't get over their hostilities now to give it a last try. But it seems that everyone's got the will to fight blown out of them. Shame really as it could still be done if only some people weren't so preudiced against each others.
Actually kudo's to FO today! I seriously hope you guys can/will keep this up.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 01:37   #44
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Sjor i would very much like to hear which "promises" we have broken.. and who made em.. we havent broken any agreements... nor made much agreements..
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 01:42   #45
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
Sjor i would very much like to hear which "promises" we have broken.. and who made em.. we havent broken any agreements... nor made much agreements..
You were in the channel... I don't know why I would even EXPECT ANYTHING from people who don't keep what they promise, but lies still disappoint me...

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 01:43   #46
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sorry, but your credibility is damaged, so I'm having trouble believing you.
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 01:49   #47
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

"Originally Posted by Cartman
Sjor i would very much like to hear which "promises" we have broken.. and who made em.. we havent broken any agreements... nor made much agreements.."

Go far back enough and find something I've said that's misleading/wrong and win a prize.
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 01:50   #48
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I'm sorry, but your credibility is damaged, so I'm having trouble believing you.
im not asking u.. and its not a pr stunt.. i simply want to know why he implies such

and refering to a merger.. i ment we did not merge with any other alliance( imo not like 2 diff alliances that have no bonds or coops or close relations)
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 01:59   #49
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
im not asking u.. and its not a pr stunt.. i simply want to know why he implies such

and refering to a merger.. i ment we did not merge with any other alliance( imo not like 2 diff alliances that have no bonds or coops or close relations)
if it's a different tag, it's a different alliance because that's how the game defines it.
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 02:02   #50
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
if it's a different tag, it's a different alliance because that's how the game defines it.

ye well atleast we didnt kick a shitload of loyal members to merge for #1
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief