User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Oct 2006, 03:13   #1
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold
New Bcalc Version

I haven't posted any info on here in the past about my bcalc but I have completely re-written the front-end. The new front-end will be replacing the current bcalc at 8pm GMT on 29th October. The new version should be completely compatible with the current version, all of the bot interfaces have been tested and appear to work correctly, the saved calcs from the current calc will work with the new one. The new calc makes a lot of use of javascript and is much nicer when this is enabled, it will work quite happily without it bit it is better with it enabled. It has been tested in Opera 9.02 (older versions do not work), FF 1.5.0.7 and IE 6, with and without JS and appears to be fine. The current calc will be available at http://oldcalc.thrud.co.uk, it will be available at that address until the end of this round. The new calc can be previewed at http://newskin.thrud.co.uk , but will be disabled as soon as it is moved to current calc location http://bcalc.thrud.co.uk. I am providing the preview so that people interfacing to the calc from websites and bots can test before it goes live. If you have any problems with any of the intefaces then let me know, either via IRC or you can post here, construtive would be nice. If you use a browser other than Opera, IE or FF and are having problems then let me know and I will try to fix them if the features are supported.

Cheers Thrud
Thrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 03:17   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: New Bcalc Version

Awesome. Thankyou kindly for your continued work at building and maintaining such a useful community tool.

Much appreciated
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 15:32   #3
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

the best.
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 17:53   #4
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Wow thank you you’re a talented coder maybe the pa team should recruit you!
I like how you can enter the coordinates and get their score and value.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 13:53   #5
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Nice upgrades thrud. I'd recommend using cursor css for the tabs just to polish it off !

cursor: pointer

I think (hand)
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 00:47   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I know the standard in these threads is to give praise etc. and I am not going to come close to complaining about functionality, but there is one thing I really think you need to address:

Could you PLEASE make a new CSS file, because your calc is good and works well, but it's so damn ugly! I feel harsh for saying this, I really do, and I feel guilty, but every time I see those race colours I want to dunk my head in a bucket of cement. PLEASE can you get an alternative colour scheme. I do coding myself, and I know that graphics is justa pain in the arse, but seriously (no offence intended), the colours on the thrud battlecalc make we want to top myself.
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 15:04   #7
Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan is an unknown quantity at this point

For me the functionality is the most important, so i really dont care about the way it looks
Sebastiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 23:12   #8
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold

Bashar are you talking about the dark background colours on the ship names ?, if not you need to give me a little more information on what the problem is, or an example of what you would like. I am currently working on a user definable colour scheme, though it won't be totally configurable it will allow some changes so if you let me know what offends you so much I will try and include it in the options.
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 17:17   #9
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

I agree with Bashar, and its the reason I use vision's calc instead of Thruds.

I'm not a designer, but take a look at vision - its a little clearer and better presented.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 17:23   #10
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

Thruds > *

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 18:12   #11
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

i like how it looks :|
Unread 12 May 2007, 18:41   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hi. Not too sure how to pass on this information so I'll bump this thread. Apparently brokers fire on ships that spiders have already emped this round.

Original thrud calc

Actual battle report.

You may want to update thruds to reflect this!
Unread 15 May 2007, 22:53   #13
Thrud
Old User

Thanks for that, I'll see if I can figure out a solution. I'll try get it sorted tonight.

btw. There is an e-mail link on the calc for reporting problems that can be used, or you can PM me on net gamers and leave a message.

Last edited by Thrud; 15 May 2007 at 23:05.
Unread 15 May 2007, 23:59   #14
Thrud
Old User

BCalc updated, JonnyBGood you were pretty much spot on with the idea that the Brokers firing on emp'd ships, the game does not appear to be re-calculating the proportion of shots based on already emp'd ships. The calc now reflects this, your original saved calc should now match the BR.

Well spotted

Last edited by Thrud; 16 May 2007 at 00:06.
Unread 16 May 2007, 23:43   #15
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Is there any chance that the roid cost function could be amended to include the impact of Feudalism bonuses and finance centers/pop bonus?? Ie roids will pay off twice as fast if you are making 55% bonus on your roids and the ships you lost were 1/3rd cheaper...

love your work
________
Growing marijuana

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:29.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2007, 19:12   #16
Thrud
Old User

I will see what I can do, though finding space for the extra bits may be the biggest problem, but I will try out some things and see what can be done.
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:39   #17
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrud
BCalc updated, JonnyBGood you were pretty much spot on with the idea that the Brokers firing on emp'd ships, the game does not appear to be re-calculating the proportion of shots based on already emp'd ships. The calc now reflects this, your original saved calc should now match the BR.

Well spotted
The weird thing is, i have seen reports that sugegst pa calc DOES recalc the proportion. How weird is that :P
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2007, 02:39   #18
Thrud
Old User

I have been running a lot of BR through the calc with and without the fix and it definately looks like the combat engine is not doing the proportion thing correctly on emp, normal or steal, it doen't make any difference in most cases but in some it makes a huge difference, mainly for Ziks where they can have ships of the same class with wildly different armour.

If there are BR that show it doing the proportions correctly then the combat engine has a bug. I would accept the proprtions problem as a "feature" so long as it was consistent, but doing different calcs would have to be a bug.