User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Oct 2006, 17:43   #1
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
A Riddle

I was emailed this riddle, and I can't for the life of me come up with an answer that fits to all the clues. Has anyone got any idea what it could be?

I have 4 lines.
I can supposedly detect witches.
I was once described as 'an organ'.
I was used by Julius Caesar in his judgements of people.
I am said to have regions named for the planets, the moon, and the sun.
It is said I can reveal the homosexuality of a person.
It is said I help detect illness in children.
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 18:30   #2
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: A Riddle

palm/palm reading
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 18:32   #3
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
palm/palm reading
That has been suggested by my friends, but I am not convinced it fits, I have more than 4 lines visible on my palm, I can't imagine Julius Caesar having used it in judgement of people, he was a practical man mainly.
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 18:37   #4
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
That has been suggested by my friends, but I am not convinced it fits, I have more than 4 lines visible on my palm, I can't imagine Julius Caesar having used it in judgement of people, he was a practical man mainly.
If riddles told the literal truth they'd be crapper than they usually are, its probably on about the four main lines, head heart fate and something.

Claims have also been made that palmistry was used in the Roman times by Julius Caesar. It is thought that he believed that by reading his men's palms, he could judge their intentions and split imposters from genuine followers. On one occasion, it was said, he read a man's palm and, deciding that he was an imposter, had his executed. However, historians have disputed this, arguing that the Romans preferred astrology to palm reading as a method of forecast.