User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Oct 2006, 13:24   #51
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: A request to angels HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
erm...

If a planet naps (ie: elviz) naps with Omen then that is bad ?

But if 1up nap with a Planet (any other) then that is ok ?

I fail to see the difference?
difference is, a player who accepted a planet nap, did not attack 1up as part of the conditions of the nap, in return they went on our safe list until a time when they broke the nap...

If we (1up) offers, and accepts planet naps, it benefit's 1up... it's not hypocritical, it's a smart tactical option
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 13:43   #52
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
Sid never really look the other way towards any member (the Storebo thing for example) he was equally fair, and applied the same conditions to everyone
errr no 1up hc even "suspected" certain members in that sandvold/elviz gal that eventually won ? or are you just happy to let storebo really take the fall? :/
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 13:46   #53
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

He wasn't that bad last round.

At least he napped the rest of his galaxy to 1up without consent and then harassed them with 'you've got to nap 1up, for the good of the galaxy, be a team player' text messages and mails.

And the killer line! Fine, I'm going to quit PA if you're not going to nap, what's the point of me trying to make this galaxy work. Any HC would've been proud!
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 13:52   #54
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the real hypocrit here is bwtmc, who is at least 2 levels worse than anything elviz might be.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 13:56   #55
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
errr no 1up hc even "suspected" certain members in that sandvold/elviz gal that eventually won ? or are you just happy to let storebo really take the fall? :/
I think we all knew there was more to it, Storebo stepped up to the plate, and admitted his role. I'm not judging the particulars, personally I think quite a lot of Storebo and him stepping up earned respect from a lot of people. To be quite honest as I understood it, we really couldn't prove any of it, it was all heresay and a lack of available information (read whatever into that you like.. no not a lot of information was made available by the parties involved, we just had the accusations and the results of the situation to go by). I won't speak for Sid, or any of my fellow HC members, this was just the scenario that I was personally aware of, granted I had other stuff going on at the time so really didn't get involved, as I didn't have enough information to form an intelligent opinion.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 8 Oct 2006 at 14:01.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 14:06   #56
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

as for my personal opinion of Elviz, not that it matters to anyone but me and elviz... but I've always liked Elviz personally (basing this entirely on my interaction with him over the rounds.) I get why Sid has issues, and he's perfectly within his right to feel the way he does, that's up to no one but him.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:06   #57
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Which makes him exactly what I said, a hypocrite.

You either agree that planet/allie naps are acceptable for all or you take the view that they are not acceptable.

To take the view that it is ok as long as we (my allie and I) has the benefit makes a person nothing more than a self centred egotistical tw@t

Oh did I mention that Sid agrees it is good if it suits him and his alliance ?
Nothing hypocritical about that.

I like it when my side wins fights, I dislike it when other side wins them.

I like it when people spy for me, but I dislike it if my own members spy ON me.

I like it when members of other alliances are cowards - but won't tolerate them in my own alliance.

Only thing you have right is that yes - I DO like things which suit my alliance. But shouldn't ALL alliance HCs want that?
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:11   #58
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
erm...

If a planet naps (ie: elviz) naps with Omen then that is bad ?

But if 1up nap with a Planet (any other) then that is ok ?

I fail to see the difference?
The difference is that one's good for 1up, the other isn't. I expect a certai standard of behaviour from members of my own alliance - members of other alliances I have no expectations of and will happily work to undermine their HC's control of them. Somewhere along the line you've missed the point that it's my job (when I was leader of 1up) to HURT other alliances - not help them. Accoridngly, me acting in a way which weakens them isn't me being hypocritical - it's me trying to win.

I've never made a scret of the fact that I think members of other alliances who take planet naps with 1up are spineless losers. The point is that they aren't MY spineless losers - they're the competetion's. And anything I can do to increase the number of spineless losers they have is a good thing for 1up.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:13   #59
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Elviz wasn't kicked when he got caught napping. He continued as a member of 1up to the next round. I see a flaw here.
That round we played most of the round untagged with no alliance defence. As a result I explicitly allowed members to take planet naps. The mistake I made was never explicitly telling members that those had to be cancelled when we tagged up - as I assumed (wrongly) that noone would remain napped to an alliance once we attacked them.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:15   #60
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Nothing hypocritical about that.

I like it when my side wins fights, I dislike it when other side wins them.

I like it when people spy for me, but I dislike it if my own members spy ON me.

I like it when members of other alliances are cowards - but won't tolerate them in my own alliance.

Only thing you have right is that yes - I DO like things which suit my alliance. But shouldn't ALL alliance HCs want that?
How can you possibly say it is not hypocritical when clearly you are happy for planets not in your alliance to planet nap with 1up, but when one of the top 1up planets does it with another alliance that it is not acceptable?

Hypocritical double standards.

For the record I dont agree with Planet Naps on anyone even if it would give me an advantage, either they are in the alliance or are not.

If my alliance of choice makes an alliance nap, then of course I will follow it as the politics of the situation make it acceptable, but I wouldnt agree to a single planet nap to benefit my own ends at the expense of my alliance.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:17   #61
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
I had very strong suspicions - as did plenty of other people - but suspecting and proving are two different things.

All water under the bridge now. But any member of 1up who plays in an alliance with Elviz after his cowardice last round is never gonna be welcome in any alliance I ever run in PA again.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:26   #62
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
How can you possibly say it is not hypocritical when clearly you are happy for planets not in your alliance to planet nap with 1up, but when one of the top 1up planets does it with another alliance that it is not acceptable?

Hypocritical double standards.

For the record I dont agree with Planet Naps on anyone even if it would give me an advantage, either they are in the alliance or are not.

If my alliance of choice makes an alliance nap, then of course I will follow it as the politics of the situation make it acceptable, but I wouldnt agree to a single planet nap to benefit my own ends at the expense of my alliance.
You miss the point totally. I'll try to explain it one last time then we can agree to differ.

I believe ALL planets who take planet naps against the wishes of their alliance HC are spineless cowards and are letting down their alliance leadership. No hypocrisy so far, agreed?

If someone in MY alliance takes such a palnet nap then they're letting me down. We OK so far?

Now comes the tricky but for you to grasp. If someone in ANOTHER alliance naps my alliance then they AREN'T letting me down or betraying me - they're letting down/betraying THEIR HC.

Now for a conceptual leap which you may struggle with. Undermining the leadership of OTHER alliances is GOOD for me: hence my stance is entirely non-hypocritical as it's IN FAVOUR of my own alliance and AGAINST the interests of the competition.

Where I think you struggle is in differentaating between some abstract concept of what's right/wrong for people to do - and the FACT that ANY competent alliance HC WANTS members of opposing alliances to act in a way is NOT in that other player's OWN allaince's interests. Hence spying and hence planet naps - both of which are tactics used to strengthen your own alliance at the expense of the opposition.

If you're too dense to understand this then sorry - but no way I'm going to waste more time trying to explain what is, really, a pretty simple concept to you. By your feeble logic (lol) me saying I liked winning battles but disliked someone else winning them vs me would be hypocritical - as surely I should like both equally?
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:32   #63
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
You miss the point totally. I'll try to explain it one last time then we can agree to differ.

I believe ALL planets who take planet naps against the wishes of their alliance HC are spineless cowards and are letting down their alliance leadership. No hypocrisy so far, agreed?

If someone in MY alliance takes such a palnet nap then they're letting me down. We OK so far?

Now comes the tricky but for you to grasp. If someone in ANOTHER alliance naps my alliance then they AREN'T letting me down or betraying me - they're letting down/betraying THEIR HC.

Now for a conceptual leap which you may struggle with. Undermining the leadership of OTHER alliances is GOOD for me: hence my stance is entirely non-hypocritical as it's IN FAVOUR of my own alliance and AGAINST the interests of the competition.

Where I think you struggle is in differentaating between some abstract concept of what's right/wrong for people to do - and the FACT that ANY competent alliance HC WANTS members of opposing alliances to act in a way is NOT in that other player's OWN allaince's interests. Hence spying and hence planet naps - both of which are tactics used to strengthen your own alliance at the expense of the opposition.

If you're too dense to understand this then sorry - but no way I'm going to waste more time trying to explain what is, really, a pretty simple concept to you. By your feeble logic (lol) me saying I liked winning battles but disliked someone else winning them vs me would be hypocritical - as surely I should like both equally?

lol

Oh i got it sid, I just dont agree that accepting planet naps whilst rejecting the same action for your own members is an acceptable way to act.

I find it a bit double standards, I personally wouldnt do either, but that is probably why I have never won a round of Planetarion? I am not devious enough by far.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:47   #64
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
lol

Oh i got it sid, I just dont agree that accepting planet naps whilst rejecting the same action for your own members is an acceptable way to act.

I find it a bit double standards, I personally wouldnt do either, but that is probably why I have never won a round of Planetarion? I am not devious enough by far.
Bottom line is I want a high standard from my own members and will activiely encourage low standards in the opposition. I'm not sure how that's unacceptable - after all for me to win, someone else has to lose.

I want my members to win, I want the competition to lose.
I want my members to stay active, I want the competition to go inactive.
I want spies in the competition but none in my own alliance.
I want my members attacking the enemy while the enemy attack neutrals.
I want me members attacking the enemy while some of the enemy have planet naps to us reducing the firepower they can bring to bear.

All of those things are entirely consistent and in no way hypocritical. Ultimately in any competitive situation you MUST strive for entirely different objectives (winning ones) for your side than for the opposition (losing ones). That's the entire basis on which competition occurs. Preventing planet naps in your own alliance while encouraging them in the opposition is just one of the many areas in which you can differentiate your alliance as a winning one from the opposition (who you want to be a losing one).

I just can't see how using such an obviously competetive tactic can be considered hypocritical. If I was claiming it was morally right for members of other alliances to do it - buit not for members of my own alliance then you'd have had a point. But I've never claimed that.

I have, of course, focussed on the benefits of such planet naps to members of other alliances. But heck - it's not my job to go round telling members of other alliances what's in their alliance's interest
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:48   #65
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Because as a result, the game is becoming turd.

It is not Sid's fault for being successful.

Dont forget, last round he tried to get the alliances together to hit exil and make it less boring. Other alliances refused.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:50   #66
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe they were so used to being gutless wonders that they didn't know how to co-operate together to take down the number one alliance.

Maybe sid's success proved counter-productive last round!
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:55   #67
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Maybe they were just incompetent?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:57   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Maybe they were just incompetent?
That's sort of the same thing but okay.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 17:41   #69
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
It is not Sid's fault for being successful.

Dont forget, last round he tried to get the alliances together to hit exil and make it less boring. Other alliances refused.

Indeed he did, cant dissagree with you on that one, just a shame there were too many planets napped to exi?

or perhaps too many whimps not able to stand up for themselves to help in the fight?
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 17:48   #70
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i want a whimp
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 17:54   #71
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I had very strong suspicions - as did plenty of other people - but suspecting and proving are two different things.

All water under the bridge now. But any member of 1up who plays in an alliance with Elviz after his cowardice last round is never gonna be welcome in any alliance I ever run in PA again.
thats a little harsh, I for one was there before he showed up.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 17:59   #72
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Says it all really, the biggest known cheat in the history of Planetarion is his friend.

Does elviz agree with this I wonder ?

Thats like saying that because you know a murderer you must be one.

God grow up people, yes cheating is bad, but I fail to see how that makes the person bad. It just means they have no respect for the admins and the rules.

Which to be fkin honest isnt suprising considering some of the dubious actions of the administration over the years.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 18:31   #73
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
We never take action without hard evidence. Rumours/accusations of things are always considered and received frequently about lots of things and lots of members, but ultimately, most turn out to be wrong/misplaced. It is only when there is direct evidence of things against 1up policy that we would take action, suggestions/suspicions just led us into keeping a very close eye on future developments and made us dig deep to see what we could find to support either side.

To say we were happy to let Storebo take the fall would be a very big misjudgment. Storebo ended up taking it because the evidence was damning, and despite personal feelings of HC, we all agreed on the fact that we had to stand by our principals. The fact it turned out the way it did, and the fact we had to get rid of Storebo was a source of great regret among all HC, and it left a very bitter taste in our mouths. It was something we did purely out of necessity, and every single one of us hated every minute of doing it. It was probably the hardest thing for the HC to do in 1ups history.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:07   #74
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Thats like saying that because you know a murderer you must be one.

God grow up people, yes cheating is bad, but I fail to see how that makes the person bad. It just means they have no respect for the admins and the rules.

Which to be fkin honest isnt suprising considering some of the dubious actions of the administration over the years.
My sympathies are with elviz on this one.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:10   #75
jerome

fair enough then bashar.

what i didn't understand about last round is, if elviz got deleted, what about nearly every other high ranked zik ?
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:36   #76
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
My sympathies are with elviz on this one.

I consider Killmark a friend, and yet I havent cheated since r3, when cheating was so rampant that I dont know anyone who played then and didnt.

Granted i broke the UELA once and got deleted for it ;-)

So does that make me a cheater?
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:52   #77
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
I consider Killmark a friend, and yet I havent cheated since r3, when cheating was so rampant that I dont know anyone who played then and didnt.

It is up to everyone to chose their friends and he is your choice, I wouldnt chose him if he was the last person on earth.

It doesnt make you a cheater, all it does it make your choice of friends questionable and your judgement of character suspect.

The history of Killmark is well documented on these forums and elsewhere, he is a known cheat and a proven liar.

He was single handedly responsible for the destruction of a whole round of planetarion, his influence in using all his multiple accounts and bot accounts wrecked the game for a lot of people and drove them from this game never to return.

It is my opinion that he should be banned from ever having any sort of account with planetarion, any sort of forum account and if possible be G-lined from the Netgamers server.

In short I wouldnt put the guy in charge of a wind up toy, let alone a Planetarion game account.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:00   #78
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

No, but it may well make you a fool.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:01   #79
jerome

killmark is a nice enough guy as well actually
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:27   #80
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
killmark is a nice enough guy as well actually

Indeed.

and furball, to me the bigger fool is to try and judge someone whome you do not know, based on how they play a game.

This game is not is not the end of the world, no matter what some of you think.

anyone who knows Killmark, know that he is a very nice and likable person, and though I do not like or agree with some of his actions.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:29   #81
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
It is my opinion that he should be banned from ever having any sort of account with planetarion, any sort of forum account and if possible be G-lined from the Netgamers server.

In short I wouldnt put the guy in charge of a wind up toy, let alone a Planetarion game account.

tbh, I think you should seek psychiatric help, because you appear to have problems when distinguishing peoples actions within a game, and from real life.

That could be quite dangerous you realise?
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:08   #82
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
fair enough then bashar.

what i didn't understand about last round is, if elviz got deleted, what about nearly every other high ranked zik ?
I can't comment on anything from last round I am afraid, I was 12,000 miles from my computer. I don't even know who won.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:11   #83
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How did a thread about Angels turn into yet another thread about 1up
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:12   #84
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I can't comment on anything from last round I am afraid, I was 12,000 miles from my computer. I don't even know who won.
Did you throw your computer out the window so hard it went into space?
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:19   #85
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
tbh, I think you should seek psychiatric help, because you appear to have problems when distinguishing peoples actions within a game, and from real life.

That could be quite dangerous you realise?
and this from a guy who has an avatar of mario shafting another character from the game?

His actions (killmarks) were reprehensible, as a person I dont know him, and based on his track record of his actions within a game I dont want to.

It is only because he was caught that he stopped cheating, not because he saw the light or had a hallelujah moment.

What ever way you cut it spin it or sugar coat it, he ruined this game for people who paid to play and now no longer play, losing players and reducing the community and the income of Jolt.

As a player of this game I have a right to voice an opinion on the actions of a nother player, nothing I have said suggests otherwise, he may help old ladies across the road and save kitty cats from trees, or be a brain surgeon, or the living messiah of Jesus Christ reincarnate, it still does not alter the facts of his actions, nor my opinion of him as a player.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:22   #86
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Did you throw your computer out the window so hard it went into space?
No, I went to New Zealand, my computer stayed where it was.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:46   #87
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
No, I went to New Zealand, my computer stayed where it was.
The diameter of the earth is like 7000 miles so you must be talking about a different New Zealand then.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:50   #88
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The diameter of the earth is like 7000 miles so you must be talking about a different New Zealand then.
!
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:53   #89
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Mabye Bashar was talking about a measure of circumfrence, since the earth is about 24,000 miles in circumfrence
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 22:01   #90
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
The fridge with all my booze in is out my door, down the stairs, round a few corners and in the garage. It takes about 20 metres of walking (or crawling depending on number of previous trips) to get to it. To say that it is 3 metres from me would be very misleading. As such, the fact I had to travel 12,000 miles (it was actually more due to planes not going in straight lines) means it is better to say that it was 12,000 miles away than to say it was 7000 miles away in order to avoid misleading people.

Pedant
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 23:48   #91
jerome

Quote:
and this from a guy who has an avatar of mario shafting another character from the game?

His actions (killmarks) were reprehensible, as a person I dont know him, and based on his track record of his actions within a game I dont want to.

It is only because he was caught that he stopped cheating, not because he saw the light or had a hallelujah moment.

What ever way you cut it spin it or sugar coat it, he ruined this game for people who paid to play and now no longer play, losing players and reducing the community and the income of Jolt.

As a player of this game I have a right to voice an opinion on the actions of a nother player, nothing I have said suggests otherwise, he may help old ladies across the road and save kitty cats from trees, or be a brain surgeon, or the living messiah of Jesus Christ reincarnate, it still does not alter the facts of his actions, nor my opinion of him as a player.
dude he cheated at an internet game not murdered babies by choking them with his penis in their throats
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 23:50   #92
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

jer longs for a penis that big
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 23:51   #93
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

lol
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 00:42   #94
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Just in case anyone hasn't figured it out I think he's useless scum. Wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand my stance.
Just to clarify - do you think that he is scum because he fence sits or because he cheats?
I mean, didn't he have a planet NAP in R12?
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 04:59   #95
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
dude he cheated at an internet game not murdered babies by choking them with his penis in their throats

And where did I say he did ?
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 05:00   #96
jerome

because he screwed over 1up, the r12 thing HELPED 1up you see
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 05:00   #97
jerome

Quote:
And where did I say he did ?
you talk of him like so
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 05:04   #98
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
you talk of him like so

where exactly do I make these views ?

I find him through his actions as a cheat, a person I dont want to associate with in this game.

Are you in love with him, does he give good cyb0r?
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 05:09   #99
jerome

do you really think cheating in an internet game is heinous to keep away from people? what makes you think he's addicted to waste his time cheating anyway? i'm not defending him because he is killmark, just the principle of sending off a player into exile for cheating reeks of stupidity - though i do know killmark fairly well, he is a nice enough guy especially if you're of use to him but i am fairly sure his priorities aren't the same as they were years ago, like many if not all players who played years ago, he's seemingly matured.
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 06:27   #100
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
do you really think cheating in an internet game is heinous to keep away from people? what makes you think he's addicted to waste his time cheating anyway? i'm not defending him because he is killmark, just the principle of sending off a player into exile for cheating reeks of stupidity - though i do know killmark fairly well, he is a nice enough guy especially if you're of use to him but i am fairly sure his priorities aren't the same as they were years ago, like many if not all players who played years ago, he's seemingly matured.

I have to agree here mostly....End of the day, anyone who says they haven't cheated at something in their life is completely full of shit.

Where Elviz is concerned, since he's the basic example this thread is based on, I could care less if he's cheated or not, where it applies to my interaction with Elviz....I get along with him, and I will continue to consider him a friend. This is a game, it's not like he took a shot at my children on a street corner.

When I'm required to have my alliances best interest in mind, as a member of 1up's HC, or any Command position I may hold at a particular point in time, I would certainly have to consider a situation where evidence existed proving a player cheated in some manner, or did not play within the rules and guidelines required by my alliance. And it would have to apply to my accessment of that player, and if that players values were in the best interest of my alliance.

I believe in giving people chances to walk the line with regard for fair play and rules. Even if they have, in the past strayed off that path. I like to think the best of people and if they tell me "Duck, I'll play within the rules" I'm perfectly ok with giving them the opportunity to fly right. Until they give me reason to believe they are not doing so. Back when I was originally in ND's HC, I opened the doors to TehProphet, after he had been through some tough criticism and ridicule, and I'll tell you what, he played straight, he played hard, he was a team player, and he made a positive impact on the alliance. In that instance, it was a decision that had a positive turnout. I reralize ofcourse that isn't always the case, in his case it was. This may very well be the case where Elviz is concerned.

To be perfectly honest I personally do not know all the facts and circumstances surrounding Elviz and his play over the rounds... how could I? I've heard this and that, but I have never seen anytrhing other than heresay and circumstancial evidence. I do know that he and Sid have issues due to Elviz' actions, and those issues are their business, not my own. Sid felt he needed to remove Elviz from the alliance, and that is certainly his perrogative as CEO. Sid is a stand up guy, and has always been forthcoming and honest, but the truth is I never asked Sid for details where Elviz was concerned. If he had NAP's with 1up's enemies, that was against policy, and his removal was warranted. I personally don't care for the idea of naps with enemies to save your own ass instead of playing with your alliances best interest first and foremost in your view generally.

This won't end my friendship with Elviz, and it certainly won't mean I'll never speak to him again. I believe in fair play, integrity, playing/interacting without any bullshit involved, if Elviz crossed this line, then that is Elviz' cross to bare. And he alone must walk knowing what he did or did not do. If he applied to an alliance where I had a role that put me in the position to "judge" Elviz and access his application, I would certainly have to consider the things that have happened in the past. His p-nap with an enemy of 1up would certainly factor in. Elviz knows that going in. Would I vouch for his skill and ability as a player, absolutely. Would I have to be honest about my experience as his HC, again, absolutely.

We need to keep our eye on the ball here. If Elviz applied to Angels or any other alliance, it is up to them, as to how they access him, apply available information, and address his application...it isn't up to me, Sid, or anyone else on AD.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 9 Oct 2006 at 06:35.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote