User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Oct 2006, 21:43   #51
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: What More?

Lo mate, hows you?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 22:52   #52
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Voodoo's point is very valid, when people see someoen with lots of red blobs, they instinctively think of them as an idiot and/or a shit poster - its human nature to make instant judgements about almost everything that you come across, so these blobs give you a bad impression of the person right away, and first impressions are pretty hard to change.

I mean, look at Chika - when I first signed up to this forum, Chika had tons of red blobs (like Max) because of his leaving of 1up in R12 and the post he had on AD, he wasn't a shit poster at the time, he was just as good as he is nowadays, but he was mass neg repped by the 1up brigade and lots of random idiots claiming that he was wrong.

Rep shouldn't be given for opinions etc of people, it should be given on quality of the post...

Also - anonymous neg reps saying "OMG GET A CLUE LOL" are just stupid, especially when you don't bother correcting the person who you are neg repping -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Think ill definitely make a posting comeback this round, if only to give chika and jerome ammunition. Now im in my mid twenties i feel socially responsible to try and act like an adult as well, lets see how it reflects in my coming posts
You'll never stop being shit, its an unwritten rule of the forums.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 23:16   #53
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kila
because of his leaving of 1up in R12 .....he was mass neg repped by the 1up brigade
Few things.

First things first iirc reputation wasn't around in Round 12. Secondly I can see perhaps that certain 1up members would neg rep him. But I can only speak for a few (i.e. the ones who had quite large rep) but I doubt we (myself) would neg rep chika. He was never (in my eyes) overly anti 1up.

In fact chika got most of his neg rep from GD. Thats why he had his neg rep. Not from the "1up brigade". To add to this, there was circa 80 members in 1up. Only about 10 had reputation changing power. For example if Tomkat, myself or jerome` neg repped you I am sure you would know about it.

Just my two cents.

I agree with the sentiment of the argument. Reputation does influence peoples opinions. Even for myself if I see a poster with 11 green blobs post compared to someone with 1 green or 1 red blob automatically before reading the post I believe the higher rep poster is better than the other.

This is how most look at it. Most of the time however I get over it and read the post. Something we should all do before making up our mind on ones posting.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 23:57   #54
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
It might be guys that most people like, such as cypher.
People like cypher, but he only posts in defence of himself, or some concept. So. No.

Quote:
It might be guys that most people dont like, such as xxxxx.
Funny how those X's match the number count of my nick. Maybe I am just paranoid.

Quote:
Take Tomkat, someone whom I used to fight alongside. The guy doesnt even bother reading my posts anymore. Its just a bog standard 'your shit and now nothing so fk off'. Its boring.
So I leave pa. Is pa worse off? I believe it is.
PA is not worse off because you are gone. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I mean, look at Chika - when I first signed up to this forum, Chika had tons of red blobs (like Max)
because of his leaving of 1up in R12 and the post he had on AD, he wasn't a shit poster at the time, he was just as good as
he is nowadays, but he was mass neg repped by the 1up brigade and lots of random idiots claiming that he was wrong.
Hi. First, thanks for saying I am a good poster. Many feel that I am quite shit. Its good to know that someone
recognizes my irony and concept.
Second, as pig stated, my rep was not due to me leaving 1up. I like many warriors before me, went to war with GD, and was
utterly wtfpwned by people with high repping power. People on AD at the time were taking like 20-30 points at most, where as people
on GD were taking like 100-150 or some insane number.

Anyway, people like me, at one point were good for the boards because of the variety, but nowadays with so few characters, we have to be versatile.
I like pig as an example, I have seen him flame, add key feedback, and be funny, and once every blue moon he knows what he is talking about.
He is also willing to talk. We need more posters/players like him.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 00:09   #55
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
First things first iirc reputation wasn't around in Round 12
It was around when I first signed up which was just after R12 had ended, during Havoc, and I saw many people with 11 green blobs :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
But I can only speak for a few (i.e. the ones who had quite large rep) but I doubt we (myself) would neg rep chika. He was never (in my eyes) overly anti 1up.

In fact chika got most of his neg rep from GD. Thats why he had his neg rep. Not from the "1up brigade". To add to this, there was circa 80 members in 1up. Only about 10 had reputation changing power. For example if Tomkat, myself or jerome` neg repped you I am sure you would know about it.
My bad, its just that I remember the first post I read on AD was Chika saying something like "I quit 1up" with loads of flames following. I didn't really understand the thread, but some time later began to think that it was 1up vs Chika for leaving 1up, and thought that he got his neg rep there.

And you know what I mean by the "1up brigade" - I mean, look at SkyHead, he's actually a fairly good poster (imo) but during R13 and R14 he got lots of red blobs because he was supposedly using VNC in order to cheat as he was eXi, he now has a couple of green blobs and I see less Idler, Bashar, Forest etc propaganda on the forum - coincidence?
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 00:11   #56
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've been mentioned twice in this thread I guess that makes me a PA celebritiy

In all seriousness, the "1up brigade" doesn't exist anymore (it all went downhill once I left!!!!) so hopefully the forums will become a bit more fluid.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 00:12   #57
_Kila_
break it down!

1up Brigade died in R13 or 14
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 00:25   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rep was introduced on the 20th January 2005, r12 ended on the 23rd December 2004. The amusing thing about the 1up AD brigade was that most of them were hilariously rubbish at using the internet but the sheer quantity of them would just overwhelm any sort of argument with the most inane points imaginable. Of course in the end we just started deleting posts and whacking people with the banning stick.

Anyways I quite like polarising the community. It makes genocide so much easier to order in the end.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 00:51   #59
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

God I miss PA!!!
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 01:06   #60
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

voodoo: don't mistake eloquence for pretentiousness. it's present in my every day speech too, i apologise for not being dumb enough! only thing i've had to make up is that since my utter brilliance and elite spreadsheet skill level being so far ahead that i've got to handicap myself every round by doing bare minimal to keep myself from winning!

forest/keiz: what new personalities? you mean like, saphi and frosten? lol.

rinoa: what? if you don't post like an idiot or plainly state false facts, i won't have any "ammunition", that's all there is to it. don't elevate yourself as some sort of target for people to flame.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 02:23   #61
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see any way the reputation system can be "fixed".

Removing anonymous rep could go either way in the help/hinder argument...

As I see it, people aren't going to think any better or worse of you based on any green or red dots--it all comes down to the substance of what you post.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 07:09   #62
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I see less Idler, Bashar, Forest etc propaganda on the forum - coincidence?
I havent actually written any propaganda since round4.

But thankyou for the input
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 08:31   #63
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
voodoo: don't mistake eloquence for pretentiousness. it's present in my every day speech too, i apologise for not being dumb enough!
Actually you can come across as unnecessarily hostile on AD and PD sometimes.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 08:45   #64
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
*no i dont know him-outside the forums, so i might be wrong, but this whole thread is about encouraging personal posting right?
You're quite right actually
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 08:58   #65
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1up Brigade died in R13 or 14
No.

I am the 1up Propoganda Brigade.

Unread 5 Oct 2006, 10:12   #66
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i don't think eloquence and hostility are mutually exclusive of each other tomkat
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 10:33   #67
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

I've never neg repped anybody and neither I will (not that it matters anyway with low reputation power). If somebody posts something stupid - who really cares? Just get on with your life and ignore it.

Oh and by the way, reputation comments like "pimp my dick :/" makes it rather sad to post, because no matter what you post, you'll almost always be repped because of who you are and not because of the quality of your post - or atleast this is how I feel.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 14:57   #68
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

imho, the entire rep system is flawed in concept.
rep system is nothing, but a reflection of someone's oppinion about one's post.
Some reps are handed out wiithout full understanding of the meaning on a given post, some have more say then others (one should NOT piss off, or disagree in any way with peoples on GD, if one cares for blobs), and all in all, the system is kinda like an old seniority based shit union job.

And what is UP with things like: "ooh... u got neg rep, u cannot vote"... or even at some point not being able to access games and other features of boards, bacause even if, say, 40 people liked your post and greenblobbed you for, say, total amount of 200, some ideot from GD, who completly misunderstood meaning of your post and was just dense to sarcasm (not sure if sarcasm was even noted) with reppower of quarracobgodzillion can bring he votes of so many people to nothing.

Maybe its the power of one being more then that of hundreds sometimes that is pissing me off....

Also i wanted to note 1 thing.
some time ago i posted that i could not vote on a poll due to having negrep. And at that time i was posrepped enough to do so. I am not ungreatfull, yet it is just another piece of my rep that DOES NOT reflect ANYTHING about me posting.

I know that alot of people pride themselves on their rep points and repping power here. But what does that really reflect ? How was it really aquired ? Should one respect an oppinion of one's 300 repping power more so then someone who is in deep red ?

For one, i like confrontations on boards. Not like trolling, i do not actually agitate the situation, i just never back out of an argument. And because i choose to disagree with one's point, making a legitimate argument means very little. But someone's click of the mouse means more.

I know boards was never a democratic comunity, yet i do strongly believe that freedom of speech should be condoned here.

If we cannot speak out freely on the internet, WHERE can we really say what we think ? I call to everything that is inside you, that urges you to make wrong things right. Get RID of repping power. Give everyone 1 rep power. Maybe even for a short while, see how it turns out.

And i am also condoning a sort of experiment on how do people react to this.
After you dont reading this, please, if u cba, rep. I do NOT care if it is a positive rep, negative or neutral rep. All i want to see is repping power (please include your repping power in your rep(i repeat this word WAY too many times ) and your nick (as i noticed a STRONG tendency not to sign newgrep and ALWAYS sign posrep. I wonder what makes people to do so... fear of retribution ? I, for one, sign every rep i do. Otherwise how the recepient is supposed to know what drove you to do so.

SO. Please be kind enough to include your repping power and nick. (i do not care if my rep gets erased entirely afterwards or set to whatever admins feel like, i just wanna see numbers, for myself, and i can share them with anyone interested.)
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 15:54   #69
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika

Funny how those X's match the number count of my nick. Maybe I am just paranoid.

PA is not worse off because you are gone. Period.

Those xxx were completely random, as I decided it wouldnt be fair to name anyone as being disliked.
And if I was gonna name anyone, I can assure you it wouldnt be you.

I used myslef as an example, there are many others like me.

Do you honestly believe pa is better off without players like me?

maybe we could just get rid of anyone with an opinion, and anyone who actually makes people think about there feelings on subjects.

We could just get killmark to bring his bots, all the real players could resign and we could just log on in 3 months and see who won the war.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 16:23   #70
_Kila_
break it down!

I think my latest rep has proven my point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep page
What More? 5 Oct 2006 13:37 the amount of red blobs has very little to do with 1up , but more to do with the fact that shit people post shit comments. He got neg repped more for his actions on GD as far as i recall, not what he did on AD although that was equally as dire
Exactly my point, people don't bother looking into posts, they just give rep if they agree/disagree on things, which is pretty shallow, I have already been corrected and people like Pig have disagreed with me on the post, but he hasn't neg repped me as the post in itself wasn't shit, just the content is something that he doesn't agree with - take a leaf out of his book please.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 16:28   #71
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

That's just normal. Watch out, the next thing you know is they'll be neg repping you for whining about getting neg repped. Really. "Shit comments" equals "because you do not agree with me". It's really pathetic when people cannot be arsed to post their comments (as the comments should be on the thread) if they're so constructive and interesting, but instead spam reputation system when they find someone posting something "wrong".

How surprisingly, the person who has come up with that load hasn't signed his rants.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 16:45   #72
_Kila_
break it down!

Exactly Keizari, this is the crap I was referring to, people neg rep you for disagreeing with them as opposed to being a shit poster, which isn't how the rep system should be used.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 16:47   #73
Tomkat

Quote:
i don't think eloquence and hostility are mutually exclusive of each other tomkat
This is exactly what I mean.

Trying to act clever on AD is like trying to act clever in the schoolyard. You're too busy trying to win personal points by "looking cool" than actually contributing to the thread or topic.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 16:48   #74
Forest

I did get this neg rep when we was discussing toplists.

Uncalled for, but as funny as fk!

20 Dec 2005 23:50 the only list you should be on is "the fag list" which is a list of the faggiest people in existence. You're near the top of the list too! - Dace
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 16:50   #75
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
20 Dec 2005 23:50 the only list you should be on is "the fag list" which is a list of the faggiest people in existence. You're near the top of the list too! - Dace
He's probably bitter about being banned from standing at the gates of the local primary school and gazing at some potential victims through the steel bars
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 17:01   #76
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
This is exactly what I mean.

Trying to act clever on AD is like trying to act clever in the schoolyard. You're too busy trying to win personal points by "looking cool" than actually contributing to the thread or topic.
what? how is this acting clever? if you're too ****ing stupid to understand what i'm talking about it's not my fault. look right there, no big words other than "understand", is that simplistic enough for you ????? oh shit i used 'simplistic', that's probably far beyond vocabularies as well, oh no . and this is even without getting into glass houses anyway, you've got some sort of desperate desire to go against anyone with an elitist nature without realising the cute irony in the whole thing.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 17:10   #77
Tomkat

Quote:
what? how is this acting clever? if you're too ****ing stupid to understand what i'm talking about it's not my fault. look right there, no big words other than "understand", is that simplistic enough for you ????? oh shit i used 'simplistic', that's probably far beyond vocabularies as well, oh no . and this is even without getting into glass houses anyway, you've got some sort of desperate desire to go against anyone with an elitist nature without realising the cute irony in the whole thing.
What?

Of course I'm going against people with an elitist nature. It's ****ing ridiculous being elitist about this game. It's also exactly what this thread is about - pig is trying to reduce people like you from posting the same repetitive nonsense.

You're making hostile posts towards me for daring to make a little criticism against you. This is why people don't like posting on AD - because of people like you making posts like this.

Without lowering myself to the common-denominator-internet-insult, if you really feel the need to prove yourself on the net, could you do it on another forum elsewhere? It isn't very mature
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 17:18   #78
jerome

what repetitive nonsense do i post exactly?

no, i'm making hostile posts towards you because you're being an idiot and just criticising me for the sake of it as your reasons of "acting too clever"(read: i'm(as in you) an idiot so dumb your posts plz) and "too hostile" (this is slightly reasonable but i've rarely made a hostile post in reply to someone who didn't deserve it, feel free to show me proof otherwise though.) people don't like posting on ad because most of the time they are inarticulate and as a consequence, looked down upon. that's pressure not exerted by me, i often excuse people whose first language isn't english.

see this is where once again you're being an absolute hypocritical idiot, i can't tell whether it's meant to be ironic in one of those metafictious* nodrog style thing though. you keep trying to put words in my mouth and then come off like you're some sort of forum god judging right and wrong when you're just as hostile as me except in a coniving, patronising nature.

*this isn't actually a word, but it totally should be!
meta-fiction=self-referential writing, so metafictious "is"... etc etc

edit: metafictional works too and is an actual word but i prefer the word i just made up so i'm leaving it there!

Last edited by jerome; 5 Oct 2006 at 17:24.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 17:21   #79
Tomkat

Coniving isn't a word either so you might want to asterisk that one at the bottom and explain what it's supposed to mean (conniving?).

lol see what i did there i made fun of how (UN)intelligent you are hahaha owned in the face
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 17:28   #80
jerome

now i win on two counts, not only are you proving me right there but also you die soon so lol

edit; i feel kinda mean for this, don't cry i love you really
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 19:17   #81
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well unsigned reps just have to go away, its a sucky system that only encurage various morons and pussies to add some red blobs and knows that they can do it without any counter actions.

but hey im a retard i only do crappy posts (maybe i should die of aids or any of the other actions ppl have suggested to me in my rep)
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 20:00   #82
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I see less Idler, Bashar, Forest etc propaganda on the forum - coincidence?
Errrr..... I feel hard done by. Since when was I posting propaganda?

propaganda

• noun information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

I never posted to promote anything political. I often posted to tell people what utter bullshit they were talking, usually crap posters like SkyHead. I guess that might be what you mean.

Unread 6 Oct 2006, 00:16   #83
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't be silly tomkat, you're no different to jerome really. To be honest pig is no different either and to be really really honest I'm sure I could do more to help this place become the retirement home for hip cats it should be.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 05:59   #84
Mr Person
Bloke

Mr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the rough

I think everyone would agree with pig, in that we just need more discussion on the boards, alliances blocking, fighting, fence-sitting, whatever. The game does give people stuff to talk about even now (though not as much as it used to, I'm sure).

For me the main reason that people don't really get in to posting here, including me, is the percieved hostility of the place. Quite a lot of people get their heads taken off for sounding a little ill-informed (stopped me from posting much), and an awful lot of threads get dragged away from their original point, into personal arguments or just plain flaming. Happened on this thread too I notice

I'm not for or against any particular people or alliance (except tof) - I don't know most of you well enough - but the forum can only benefit from more posting by people like Forest, JBG, anyone who speaks intelligently and promotes discussion.

The rep system is not the core of the problem I think, and can be dumped or just have anonymity removed. The core of the problem is just the manner in which grudges and old rivalries swallow threads whole. If people are able to talk more about what is happening in the game now without being sidetracked, I guess more of the 'new personalities' might get involved.

PS - If my impression of a rabbit in the headlights gets a couple of people speculating, then perhaps the beatings that came after were worth it.

ToF forever
Mr Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 08:16   #85
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Person
but the forum can only benefit from more posting by people like Forest, JBG, anyone who speaks intelligently and promotes discussion.
Quoted for truth!

(And because no-one ever said tat before, and are unlikley to again)

Unread 6 Oct 2006, 09:15   #86
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

(And because no-one ever said tat before, and are unlikley to again)

Quoted for truth!
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 11:20   #87
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I've just been on a 'pos reping spree' which is unusual for me, when I have sprees it is usually of neg rep out of despair at poor posting. Most of the posts I am reading at the moment are well thought through. I may not agree with them all, but the fact is that the person posting them has put effort into the post and thought through what they wanted to say (or injected humour that cracked me up). Most importantly however (and this is what usually leads me to despair and the neg rep button), people seem to be posting with some level of justification to what they say in this thread, whereas usually there are people who post along the lines of:
"You're wrong. Xxxx is right"
Which clearly has no discursive quality whatsoever, and rather than forming a part of a discussion is just simply a useless statement of opinion closed to any form of intelligent discussion.

As for the rep system, I agree strongly with people saying that rep shouldn't be anonymous. I once gave rep out anonymously, and I feel a bit dirty and ashamed because of it. The only purpose to anonymous repping is to hide a grudge, retaliation or assertion/opinion (that you yourself don't feel you could openly justify) behind a veil of cowardice.
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 17:12   #88
Error

Error is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I've just been on a 'pos reping spree' which is unusual for me, when I have sprees it is usually of neg rep out of despair at poor posting. Most of the posts I am reading at the moment are well thought through. I may not agree with them all, but the fact is that the person posting them has put effort into the post and thought through what they wanted to say (or injected humour that cracked me up). Most importantly however (and this is what usually leads me to despair and the neg rep button), people seem to be posting with some level of justification to what they say in this thread, whereas usually there are people who post along the lines of:
"You're wrong. Xxxx is right"
Which clearly has no discursive quality whatsoever, and rather than forming a part of a discussion is just simply a useless statement of opinion closed to any form of intelligent discussion.

As for the rep system, I agree strongly with people saying that rep shouldn't be anonymous. I once gave rep out anonymously, and I feel a bit dirty and ashamed because of it. The only purpose to anonymous repping is to hide a grudge, retaliation or assertion/opinion (that you yourself don't feel you could openly justify) behind a veil of cowardice.

Well i completely agree with you, the Rep system is there to be used as a guilde, if you post well you can get applauded so to speak.

I know im newish to these boards but i do like it when i get pos rep, it means im getting somewhere and what im posting has some relevance. The problem i have is with people Like pilgrim who are just offensive and plain rude, it makes people who are new to these forums stop posting and possilby stops newer players from joining.

Again the rep system is like a lot of things in PA, the idea is great, the potential use is great, as a tool is amazing but its the small minoritey of people that decide to abuse it and dont have any regard for it.

All in all though the forums are a great read and intresting people just need to learn not to neg rep as they dont agree with a post, as thats not whats its there for, neg repping is for poorly wriiten, offensive and posts which say your wrong im right.

Its easy to neg rep someone you disagree with, the better man (or woman) will say i dont disagree because "insert some facts and opinion"

Proud to have been ND
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 20:14   #89
Bashar
Idle Git

Well Error, I'm glad you've stuck around. You know how to post well, and in the end, people such as yourself who are new sticking around can only help the situation. Ultimately, the more people who post properly and intelligently and use the reputation system properly, the more effective it will be. People with negative reputation are unable to rep people (I believe), and they tend to be the ones with the worst reping (excluding GD people who in some cases rep based on whether you're in their 'elite little in-crowd'). It's a problem which, should the number of decent posters increase, should clear itself up.
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 20:33   #90
Forest

I did notice tat Bashar didnt pos rep me.

I think its cause I always drink him under the table!
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 23:18   #91
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
I did notice tat Bashar didnt pos rep me.

I think its cause I always drink him under the table!
No, you mean we go out drinking and you get hammered and nearly start a fight with the biggest bastard in the whole of Newbury.

We need to get everyone together for another meet sometime soon. When's the next i-event?
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 23:18   #92
Bashar
Idle Git

Oh, and obviously, I am not in any way claiming that I was even close to being sober at the time.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 09:18   #93
Forest

LOL.

Dunno but we could always set up a meet of our own sometime.

I am in the process of trying to sell my flat and go back to renting, so I may ahve a nice cash injection soon
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 09:33   #94
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

I suggest playing a game with more then 1000 players
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 09:53   #95
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've got to agree, most of the posters on AD give you neg rep for not agreeing with them, I mean most of the neg reps I have gotten here are "lol no clue" "lol get facts straight" "lol thats wrong" - I distinctly remember KJ neg repping me for a post a couple of rounds back, hsi neg rep was a whine about how Angels got 400 or so inc fleets every night. Neg repping for being shit at posting (Max, Pilgrim, Yeh etc...) is fair enough, neg repping for them having a different point of view to yours is plain retarded and what makes people not want to bother with AD.
A bunch of red blobs usually denotes a shit poster, when a new person comes to AD and sees the amount of red blobs on other people, they think of them as shit, when they attempt to post and get neg repped, they get intimidated/upset because they are portrayed as shit to the rest of the community due to some narrow minded people not agreeing with their post.
Kila,

allthough I admit that not all the rep I gave was objective or even mature, I think overall it was mostly justified and always signed. I agree that it shouldn't be annonymous because that's just a big red sign saying 'ABUSE' ...

Every poster has his opinion and I think a fair deal of the posters look at the poster rather then the content of it. I could give you a list of hundreds of neg reps on me which were pure rubbish and didn't even have anything to do with the post they repped on.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 18:52   #96
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I never posted to promote anything political. I often posted to tell people what utter bullshit they were talking, usually crap posters like SkyHead. I guess that might be what you mean.
iirc, you were one of the people leading the "OMG EXI VNC LOLOLZ!!!111" campaign, correct me if I'm wrong though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
allthough I admit that not all the rep I gave was objective or even mature, I think overall it was mostly justified and always signed.
The only rep I have from you was signed, yes, but a neg rep for disagreeing with my point of view isn't really just.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Every poster has his opinion and I think a fair deal of the posters look at the poster rather then the content of it.
Exactly, this is crap, rep should be given out according to the quality of the post, not your point of view vs the point of view of the poster (forums would all be boring if we all agreed) or your opinion of the person making the post
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 18:56   #97
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The only rep I have from you was signed, yes, but a neg rep for disagreeing with my point of view isn't really just.
No more than what you can expect to recieve on this forum. I don't think there's a single poster who frequent this part of the forums who have not recieved a rep of that sort at some point. The majority of them are however unsigned.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 19:48   #98
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Planetarion has become much more about information control than it used to be, which has spelled the decline of AD. There isnt as much public information available for people to have informed opinions and at the same time, for the sake of image and information control purposely avoid the forum.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:20   #99
Error

Error is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really nice

i agree but I think fake nicking ruins the game, i know a lot will agree and a lot will disagree, but its something which is impossible to control

Proud to have been ND
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:38   #100
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error
i agree but I think fake nicking ruins the game, i know a lot will agree and a lot will disagree, but its something which is impossible to control
What the **** does fake nicking have to do with this? Get a grip genious, they are discussing the current state of the alliance discussions forum, and the reputation system to how it concerns it.

FAKE NICKING?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote