User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Oct 2006, 11:06   #101
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk
When you're old it's harder to remember recent things than the old ones.
Geee, thanks for that. Not convinced I quite class as old yet.

I think it may be because I got far more enjoyment/excitement out of those earlier rounds. Rounds after that were just me sat there 'hanging on hoping it gets better for the sake of old times'.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 11:11   #102
Ted

Ah, nice little thread.

Helps me remember rounds 1-4 which seem to be a blur now, in my old age.

I remember Bluetubas and Fury, I guess pa will never be quite how it was back in the day.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 13:55   #103
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

Your round 7 synopsis was interesting but somewhat innacurate but at least you can never say I was boring

I showed in round 3 that I didnt care less about roids etc when I felt betrayed by a certain Legion HC and any attack you had planned for revenge was predictable and dommed for falure. You did not mention the behind scenes betrayal that Fury had started well before any split was planned. Fury stabbed every Ally they had in the back at some stage so I dont feel that they should have been so insulted by the same happening to them. I saw the "evidence" Fury sent Spinner and if would have been any-one but that idiot they would have laughed at it as it was circumstantial to say the least and working for accountants you can make the same figures say whatever you like if you igbore a few other things.

Still its interesting to see you opinions of the rounds after this long a time but I cannot say I agree with them all
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 14:43   #104
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I wouldn't have attacked Fred, top lad. The whole drama at the end of round 7 was pretty pathetic and was stoked on by people who were only concerned about their own planet and galaxy ranks, **** their alliance mates. The whole situation was well manipulated by certain people who were supposed to be friends PA Team incompetence in that round was staggering, Fred getting closed on circumstantial evidence and then Zeus refusing to close someone with far more concrete evidence against them because "he couldn't be bothered".

Last edited by Hicks; 6 Oct 2006 at 14:52.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 02:54   #105
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Regardless of whoever was guilty/innocent at the end of round 7, the fact that so many top galaxies lost planets was pretty shit and wasn't exactly covering the top players of planetarion in any glory whatsoever. "Deletion wars" as I termed them, was probably the 'highlight' of the round for most people, unless you had most of LDK/Titans parking their attack fleets at your galaxy. Other than that it was pretty much one way traffic, although nowhere near as bad as round 5, mainly thanks to Titans.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 18:11   #106
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred of Bedrock
Your round 7 synopsis was interesting but somewhat innacurate but at least you can never say I was boring

I showed in round 3 that I didnt care less about roids etc when I felt betrayed by a certain Legion HC and any attack you had planned for revenge was predictable and dommed for falure. You did not mention the behind scenes betrayal that Fury had started well before any split was planned. Fury stabbed every Ally they had in the back at some stage so I dont feel that they should have been so insulted by the same happening to them. I saw the "evidence" Fury sent Spinner and if would have been any-one but that idiot they would have laughed at it as it was circumstantial to say the least and working for accountants you can make the same figures say whatever you like if you igbore a few other things.

Still its interesting to see you opinions of the rounds after this long a time but I cannot say I agree with them all
I'll respond to this one. You manipulated elements of the block when Fury made great pains to keep things intact for the most part. Your attempt to discredit Fury in saying we planned to betray the block is useless because as a Fury Executive at that time I know full well what Fury had/hadn't done.

Timeline wise it was not till the Fury meet in London where Sid attended and we informed him of how things had been progressing and how tensions were high. He suggested a plan and we decided to follow through that plan - the fact Lenin was there was coincidental, but he spoke with Petru and pledged Reduco support if it meant f*cking Legion (and specifically Fred) over. My memory isn't hazy for where that fit in, because at the time Titans/Fury had good relations. Infact, I'd say the relations between Titans/Fury were at their best for r7 until a certain event - for some reason us and Titans seemed to get on better and keep a level head on the block in general.

However, after your closure, which was against Fury's plan at the time - that is when relations grew strained even more. Resulting in the Fury/Titan's spat which involved Bluearmy being hit by Titans and for a Wrath member defecting to Titans whilst doing so. It was pedantic, but at that point it was more a matter of principle and pride for Fury to uphold it's letter of the rules and policies. In hindsight, this was a grave mistake diplomatically as it meant Titans/Fury relations that had strengthened so much during our coop together (when Titans originally hated Fury, so it was funny when Fury/Titans seemed to agree with eachother more than they did with Legion during r6/r7) disintegrated. ViruS at the time were growing more and more pro-Legion, no doubt helped and incited by Legion, especially after Fury vetoed any war ViruS wanted with RaH and stepped in to block it from happening, leveraging military reprisal. ViruS were bitter, very bitter, after that as we hadn't sided with them. But having a war between RaH and ViruS was against Fury interests entirely.

That's all that happened and I'll swear on a holy bible that Fury had nothing else in the works in regards to the block. Looking back, we shouldn't have given you the ammo you needed to turn Titans against Fury because Fury/Titans/Reduco was far more powerful than the Legion/ViruS setup. Regardless, Legion showed it's own divided attention when you pulled out the big turn-on Fury and left Titans to take the rap. Whilst at the time I breathed a sigh of relief, I would have far preferred to have ripped the instigators apart but that was nolonger an option.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 10:25   #107
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnd|One
Some added Elysium view:
That seems like a rosy and skewed writeup in Eclipse's favour. Elysium rivaled and topped Eclipse's "strength" (and FanG's) all round top planet -wise and had no troubles on the battlefields. This was partly due Elysium having noted the importance of dedicated scanners, which lead to zero bad landings giving our side a smooth roundstart. As a sidenote no active alliance had defensive troubles due the silly game mechanics of PaX. Back on the strength topic, iirc Eclipse had trouble holding onto even a single top10 planet during the round. The blocks were EET (Elysium Eclipse ToT) vs Fang,Dragons (+WP&Vision&some other flak that eludes me) where ToT fell from the train early on due activity problems. After Elysium topped the universe charts and gained notoriety for having the #1 planet closed due some bug it was mercilessly targeted for days on. Eclipse and FanG overtook Elysium and it seemed like game over for Elysium's #1 plans. However, we kept on fighting, never giving up. In the end FanG settled the game by collapsing due EE pressure and between E&E Elysium managed to eat up the majority of deserters and win the game scorewise. Strengthwise you say Eclipse, but from Elysium standpoint based on daily attacks and planet rankings, Eclipse was in the shadow. Elysium faced the brunt of incomings and hardships that round and it still managed to take the title. That's strength.
I can only speak of my own point of view but let me be very clear about the next thing. Eclipse was in every way superior to Elysium (and FAnG) in r10.
FAnG was the main alliance that had to endure the incomings of Elysium and Eclipse and, as Lei also stated. I'm not claiming Elysium was crap, you gave us a hard time aswell, but compared to Eclipse you simply were less strong/efficiënt/whatever you want to call it.

I think the EET had some flak aswell, as had Angels and Dragons. I believe both blocks were equal in size, more or less.

About the split in FAnG, it had very little to do with the pressure EET gave us. I'm not gonna claim it had absolutely no influence, because that's not true either. The split was due to internal strugglings, which was/is mostly unknown to the general public (it's based on numerious rumours and hearsay's of 3rd persons who had nothing to do with it).
Only a select few pple know what was said in that channel and what lead to the decision etc etc.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 10:31   #108
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Timeline wise it was not till the Fury meet in London where Sid attended and we informed him of how things had been progressing and how tensions were high. He suggested a plan and we decided to follow through that plan
Those Fury meets sound like a laugh a minute
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 10:41   #109
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
P.P.S. Perhaps being in a shared command channel with Kjeldoran drove the Ð and FAnG command over the edge and they all lost it!
hehe, Dragons sure did not like me. But Dragons had nothing to do with our internal explode.

To Focht, I can and will indeed backup your initial post. We were allmost back on our feet untill phil^ and his team decided to close 20 FAnGer's (of which 18 got reopened 2 weeks later, yet the dmg was done, and only 2 got actually deleted).

I was as shocked and amazed as LEFF for seeing him closed for account sharing. I know him long enough and I don't believe he did any of such.

To Fish: Rubbish from you as usual? If we were that incompetent, we wouldn't even be #1 for 90% of the round. Yes we (incuding myself) fked up in the end, no arguing there.

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Oct 2006, 11:14   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Fang was abouts to be smashed in the rankings, and the incoming they faced just sped up any proceedings.

Fang did NOT disband because of closings.

Kjeldoran has stated this on more than one occasion.
Forest,

allthough I agree with your earlier analysis, I do not agree that FAnG folded because we were getting owned big time. Ofcourse it didn't help, neither did the large amount of closings, but the folding of FAnG had in great deals nothing to do with either of both.

All in all, we played a remarkable round and we gave Eclipse and co a hard time. In the end you (eclipse) proved to be better and should have deserved the win, not Elysium.

And yes eventhough the end of our round was a pure disaster, it doesn't take away the run we had that round (which was #1 for a large part of the round, and we deserved to be up there).

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Oct 2006, 15:59   #111
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

You certainly had a good round, that much is for sure.

Infact, you were ever so close to winning anyway, the pressure you put us under was immense, and your tactic of just hitting 20 top planets non-stop worked a treat.

I really enjoyed the round, and the following round playing with Angels/fang.

Good luck with the round.

You certainly deserve it.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 03:01   #112
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

hmm my forum account still works. sooo zh|l long time no see get on my msn etc

and shame to see 1up disbanded
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 09:38   #113
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
You certainly had a good round, that much is for sure.

Infact, you were ever so close to winning anyway, the pressure you put us under was immense, and your tactic of just hitting 20 top planets non-stop worked a treat.

I really enjoyed the round, and the following round playing with Angels/fang.

Good luck with the round.

You certainly deserve it.
Weren't you the one trying to organize an internal riot right before Phraktos would do their big bang on us? ...

Btw, your (football)team if doing pretty well ... a nice change from having to play to stay in prem league

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Oct 2006, 13:00   #114
Steelrat
Baptized in fire

Steelrat is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to hear more of the Legion/Wolfpack splitting in Round 3 or was it pre round 4. I wasn´t directly involved but played round 4 in a WP galaxy so i am curious. I can remember the story and but never got the whole thing.
I know that bigdog (or was he spelt Biggdogg?) was involved and probably lead WP?
Anyone with more detailed information about the reason WP split from Legion and the political consequences for WP and Legion?
Steelrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 17:01   #115
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Those Fury meets sound like a laugh a minute
Yes, clearly because talking about a game is so defacto "uncool". Grow up Tomkat. You seem the kind of guy that would quail in talking about say, the PS3 to a mate (and if not, then why not if you were in my position? I work with games and consoles all day - surely talking about them would be 'bad' in a social setting)

The London Fury meets were great fun for all involved. Alcohol was consumed, food was eaten and Minty would get shot in the balls by a bbgun.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 17:09   #116
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't say talking about PA at a PA meet was uncool.

I thought it was amusing how you made it sound like some sort of board meeting with updating Sid on the progression of Fury and then forming a plan though. Did you take minutes of the meeting?
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 11:06   #117
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

Zhil,

Perhaps you should have spoken to Cryptic as I did near the start of round 7 on his plans to screw over every-one bar Legion was make quite clear to me.

It was an interesting conversation and perhaps they are in the logs Cryptic kept. He was after all logging all conversations on ther Fury server and most on the Legion server which he hosted (I found that out much too late from Praetorian who was a huge help to me).

Turning on Titans was never my intent and I can see why there were problems with some of the Titans HC due to some misgivings previous Legion HC had with Titans. Personally I liked them very much and respected what they did.

Round 9 showed me what a great group Fang, Virus and many of the other Alliances I helped in particular Dingo and NoS. I tried pretty hard there but my heart was in for an Eclipse win especially M&S after I realised I was bashing my head against a wall in trying to salvage anything once Wolfpack didnt listen to my advise before things went badly for them. Sounds odd but I still had many friends in Eclipse/Fury despite many of them disliking me... some intensely. So I wish I had spent more time with the other round 7 allies but I didnt trust the Fury server assome things I had said in private messages with KJ were said back to me by Cryptic which could have only happened if I was logged even in pms

Round 7 was pretty pathetic in how it went.... funny how some people knew more about my "closure" even before I did. Obviously that moron Spinner just blabbed away and of course there was the blatant hanging up on me and not listening to anything I said on the phone which he did. How he could selectively look at news and not see everyhting that happened stills makes me annoyed and he is lucky I live in Australia. I believe that Zhil has not mentioned the fact that the "Report" that got me deleted was sent by Fury...... seems some Exec dont tell all but Sid was the ultimate schemer and I tip my hat to him for that. He was in Spinners pocket... after all who else could have been allowed to use the beta exclusively when Spinner was not using it for "official testing" other than Sid.

The coup was complete when Biggdogg informed Grendel that I was breaking Legion rules by being deleted and I could not even finish the round as a Legion member let alone HC. Sid obviously told Biggdogg about the rule and Biggdoggs famous quote of "lets attack Titans because I never liked them" came after he had been away from the game since the early part of round 7 and magically turned up after Sid contacted him. I never wanted to be HC but when Biggdogg and Grendel left PA round 7 and Dimes (my most loyal gal mate I still have great memories of) informed me he also was going I was left to move from "Grunt" to HC. I think we pulled Legion around in that round and some of the recruits were exceptional. I guess the best thing that came out of round 7 was that I believe I kept Legion afloat and I owed Legion much more than that as it was home for such a long time.

Which brings the question some-one asked about how Wolfpack formed. In round 2 I was HC of c4e and being on teh Australian shift I was inundated with defence requests which I always tried to help on Cluster lines before Alliance lines...... thankfully most of Legion who were active and good friends were also in c4e. I became a little frazzled with things and would "hide" in a channel called Pack as I felt like a Wolfpack Hunter from World War 2 and the first conception of WP was to be hidden and attack in packs to get the best attack advantage. Kwik (also c4e HC) joined me there and not long after Decoy and Krolle joined me. Our attacks were very successful and by the time we attacked VVV (then top galaxy) it included Biggdogg, Dimes, Grendel, Sid and Idler. I should have realised when Sid told some Fury people that I had gone offline that they could "attack Fred" as I felt the round was too stale and did not want to be part of a huge block. It was rather incredible when I got a phone call from England to tell me that they had sent some huge fleets and what was I doing. The answer was I would stay and if I got help it would be appreciated. Most of c4e was activated and the battle would have been worth the fight but Fury recalled. I can also confirm that I refused fleet donations.... even Sid offered me ships (when theifs ruled) but I refused as there were still some good attacks to be made and I loved planning attacks.

Anyway by round 3 the battlegroup Wolfpack was quite formidable and it helped some people who also happened to be in other attack groups (the name is rather inapproriate for some) and I got sick of being piggybacked by a certain Legion HC who would send ships after I had launched then claim the planet even though I was inbound before him. To cut a long story short I found the explanations not good enough and I left Legion and launched a sneak attack on Grendel to declare war on them. I had already given up about 35,000 roids before I did this. I must say it was totally unfair in what I did as he was in my galaxy and had no chance as I knew his time online. Grendel was perhaps the best HC I knew and if I had my time over again I would not have attacked him but some-one else. For what was left of the round I dodged attacks and so long as my fleet was intact it was no problems staying top 60 even though I could have coasted to top 20 or better if Wolfpack never occured. In havoc I made a tactical miscalculation when attacking Are and lost most of my fleet..... not that it mattered too much but I always relied on judgement and a pad and paper rather than a battlecalc to work things out. I only messed up that once in all my PA gaming with a calc.

Round 4 started well but then the numbers came against WP and its allies and Biggdogg quit Wolfpack HC early and I was left to run, recruit Wolfpack and my Para Alliance. Jonka and Torz eventually had a coup over me towards the end when I simply had been exhausted being exec HC of both Wolfpack and the Para allaince. Jonka then merged Wolfpack with OOO (Out of Order) because of their better tools. The merge was a disaster for the "Old Legion/Wolfpack" members and so we went back to Legion at the end of round 4. After that I had nothing to do with Wolfpack and they created their own destiny albeit with my roiginal name. If you look at the top alliances at the end of Round 2 you will see "Pack" which was that small group of friends. You will see only a few people but we managed to be a top 10 alliance with just a few members. In those days you could tag more than once alliance but I only tagged "Pack" and maybe I should have also tagged Legion as they were such a great group of people.

That is my version of things and while it may seem very long and boring I could elaborate even more on a few things but it is old news to most. I annoyed many people many times but to be honest it was an exciting time and was worth the memories...... except every time I think of Spinner I need to take a big breath and just accept the fact he was a weak individual who was very easily manipulated and the game of PA has had a history of having the absolute best manipulators being around

Iwas going to reread this to make sure I hadnt offended too many people but its too long even for me at this time of day
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 13:18   #118
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I should have realised when Sid told some Fury people that I had gone offline that they could "attack Fred" as I felt the round was too stale and did not want to be part of a huge block. It was rather incredible when I got a phone call from England to tell me that they had sent some huge fleets and what was I doing. The answer was I would stay and if I got help it would be appreciated. Most of c4e was activated and the battle would have been worth the fight but Fury recalled. I can also confirm that I refused fleet donations.... even Sid offered me ships (when theifs ruled) but I refused as there were still some good attacks to be made and I loved planning attacks.
whoah, I remember that attack
Asking every person that joined the alliance channel to defend you. I believe the last one I asked was Rednutter to send ships. Would have been a lovely fight indeed, hehe.
Wasn't there another attack on you btw? I can't remember

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 13:46   #119
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Fred, Cryptic was fairly inactive rd 7, though I certainly have no clue what his personal plans were or what he may have been doing behind the scenes. It certainly wasn't Fury's plan to screw anyone over, other than obviously to not let anyone else win. Sid was AWOL through pretty much all of round 7, so I am skeptical that he had as much of a role in things as you say, though I guess its possible he popped up to mess with you. Biggdogg did indeed go quite inactive, but not before he coordinated legion's politics, where he made sure that Legion wasnt tied to Titans even though they were in the block, making conflict down the road almost inevitable and pretty clearly the plan. He wasnt the only one in Legion with ill will towards Titans either, and I knew of a fair few in Legion chomping at the bit to hit them as soon as our block clinched victory. He got back involved in things at the end of the round when the political scene had shifted and used the leverage you had earned Legion to get Fury to give up protecting Titans, which I know wasnt at all your plan.

I cant for the life of me remember anything about your closure, but I wasnt one of the people super-involved in that situation. You absolutely kept legion afloat, and I had alot of respect for you because of that, even if I wasnt thrilled with your political maneuverings.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 12 Oct 2006 at 14:04.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 20:11   #120
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Sid was the ultimate schemer and I tip my hat to him for that. He was in Spinners pocket... after all who else could have been allowed to use the beta exclusively when Spinner was not using it for "official testing" other than Sid.

Sid did not have exclusive use of the beta servers.

I can assure you of that.

And Cryptic once stuck his tongue in my mouth, that was just plain nasty :/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 20:20   #121
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

cryptic is one of the best ad posters of all time, alongside yeh. (completely serious here)

their posts were truly too high-brow for nearly everybody and it was beautiful!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 21:05   #122
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sid did not have exclusive use of the beta servers.

I can assure you of that.

And Cryptic once stuck his tongue in my mouth, that was just plain nasty :/

FOREST HAS SPOKEN. LET IT BE DONE.
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 21:36   #123
Fred of Bedrock

Round 7 was one of the absolutely absurd rounds of politics where Legion was quitting the game and the only person who cared how they did in the HC after the start was me. As far as politics go I really did not have anything to do with how they were set up but I can tell you for sure that Cryptic had told me he planned to screw over every-one bar Legion. Maybe he was just playing me along for a fool, heck a few people did back then but after a while I did not realise who I could trust. If you look through the history of the game you can see that most blocks turned on each other eventually so it is naive to not think that Fury had planned to turn on Legion if we did not have strengths. The very fact that they turned on me was enough to suggest it was always on their mind.

Sid and Cryptic inactive, sure but it was only towards the end of the round that they worked against me...... which is quite a compliment in a back handed way.

Would have the last attack worked against me....... we will never know but I was forwarned and I was a much better BC than HC and knowing the tactics that would have been employed with Fury getting their allies to do the first waves while they sat on their hands to do the last waves I may have had a few tricks that were unexpected and would have disappointed them. Would Spinner have deleted Kile when he attacked and the news only showed his De getting roids and so "farming" ..... of course not as I wasnt sitting in Spinners pocket saying what a great guy he was.

I must say that I heard about Q&A with the top 10 after the round and no-one was impressed with any of them so maybe in retrospect he did me a favour in an odd sort of way.

Did I hold a grudge against Fury for it..... actually I respected how they did the politics and I tried to help them in round 9 but I didnt like the way Spinner was rude to me even though I rang from Australia to Norway and I cannot tolerate that type of rudeness.

One sadness was when we were logging a fury exec (I still call it Fury in round 8) channel and Ghengis called me a cnut not knowing I could see his conversation. I very much liked Ghengis and had him as a gal m8 along with Cryptic and they were good people so for him to say that it was very sad to me that I had hurt so many Fury peoples feelings.

So if you are still around I wish to say to all Fury people from round 7.... sorry that I did what I did to offend you but at the time my pride iin the Legion people made me want to protect them however I could.

I know Zhil never understood and probably still doesnt but again... sorry m8
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 23:44   #124
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Round 7 was one of the absolutely absurd rounds of politics where Legion was quitting the game and the only person who cared how they did in the HC after the start was me. As far as politics go I really did not have anything to do with how they were set
Biggdogg and myself set up the block.

Quote:
up but I can tell you for sure that Cryptic had told me he planned to screw over every-one bar Legion. Maybe he was just playing me along for a fool, heck a few people did back then but after a while I did not realise who I could trust.
No, cryptic just talks alot of smack. One should be careful not to take Cryptic too seriously, but yah, of course cryptic wanted to screw everyone, thats what cryptic does, but like all of Fury command, winning came first. Fury wasnt Cryptic's toy to use for his personal whims even if he was active and running politics and military (which he wasnt).

Quote:
If you look through the history of the game you can see that most blocks turned on each other eventually so it is naive to not think that Fury had planned to turn on Legion if we did not have strengths.
Most of the time Fury and Legion turned on other members of the blocks, not each other so history doesnt support you here. It would certainly be niave to assume that Fury wouldnt turn on Legion if they felt they had to to win and vice versa, but it made no sense to assume Fury was going to hit legion, just because. And as events showed in the round, Fury had zeero intention of fighting a war with Legion. Even after members of Legion openly turned on Fury, I went out of my way to stop a war. I even gave Legion Titans, who I was quite fond of to avoid the war. Want to know why? Because Legion and Fury shared a ton of galaxies. A war between Fury and Legion (or Fury and Virus) would have been a bunch of mixed galaxies attacking each other. It would have been a mess for everyone involved and torn our galaxies apart. The round ended with Legion basically breaking up and much of it attacking me and my galaxy (which was a Legion galaxy aswell) so that galaxy more associated with Legion would win the round. I sucked it up. My job was to make sure Fury won, not to make sure my galaxy won.

All of Fury's decisions were based on nuts and bolts strategy, not personal feelings towards you or anyone.

Quote:
The very fact that they turned on me was enough to suggest it was always on their mind.
I didnt even know who you were at the start of the round. It was certainly never on my mind to turn on you and never on my mind to turn on Legion. You got on our bad side because when you took charge Legion became increasingly distant and uncooperative. As tension mounted in the block our concern was protecting our win. Thats it, nothing else. We feared that Legion and/or Virus would make moves to try and turn the block against us, since that is the only way either of you could win the round. And I know for a fact there were people in both Legion and Virus working to make thiat happen. And I dont blame them, its a war game after all.

The simple fact is that Fury had a comfortable lead. The status quo, while boring, was in our favor. We stood to gain nothing by turning on Legion and Virus, which is why we never did. And that explains quite well why it was Virus and Legion who eventually attacked Fury and not the other way around.

Quote:
Sid and Cryptic inactive, sure but it was only towards the end of the round that they worked against me...... which is quite a compliment in a back handed way.
Sid wasnt just inactive. He was completely missing. Thats why Cryptic was made CEO and I was running day-to-day operations. If Sid did in fact come back, he didnt tell me, and he didnt have anything to do with Fury policy at any point in the round. Cryptic was inactive, he was perfectly happy to let me run the alliance as long as we were winning. I called on Cryptic to become more active only when Legion/Virus/Fury were on the brink of war because members of Legion and Virus command were trying to shift the block to topple Fury and Cryptic had connections to members of Legion command. We did everything we could to STOP a war between Legion and Fury. And rightly or wrongly, you Fred, were seen as one of the people who was instigating that war, because relations broke down when you were in charge.

Quote:
So if you are still around I wish to say to all Fury people from round 7.... sorry that I did what I did to offend you but at the time my pride iin the Legion people made me want to protect them however I could.

I know Zhil never understood and probably still doesnt but again... sorry m8
I can garuntee you 100% that Fury never planned to turn on Legion in round 7 because I controlled Fury military and political operations for the entire round. We just wanted to ride out the round and get another win under our belt.

We did talk a little about starting a friendly war within the block. But only under the premise that it was friendly, everyone agreed to it, and it wouldnt pit gal m8s against each other. This proved impossible, so we gave up on the idea all together. We resigned ourselves to stagnation (Yes, I was that much of a jerk to the game then) and trying to keep Fang and Titans from getting unfairly cnutted because I felt I owed them something for thier unending cooperation. This was eventually used against us, we were accused of plotting against Legion and Virus. It was an utter fabrication.

Anway, dont worry about having offended me at least. I never blame anyone for trying to win in a war game.

Last edited by K-W; 12 Oct 2006 at 23:55.
Unread 12 Oct 2006, 23:55   #125
K-W
Bored

I edited out what I wrote about the attack on Fred, because I really dont remember it well and I dont want to misstate things.
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 00:04   #126
K-W
Bored

Sorry to spam, but now that I think of it I do remember the end of the round stuff a bit. By that time Legion and Virus had already started a war with Fury that we managed to abort, things had completely broken down, and all those end of the round attacks and such were designed to influence the galaxy rankings. Legion wanted a legion run gal to win. Fury wanted a Fury run gal to win. And virus wanted a gal with virus in it to win. Mercury and Solace was a Fury run gal with 1 legion and no virus, so we got attacked. And people in Fury made moves to try and get us the win.
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 02:34   #127
Fred of Bedrock

Thank you for your version on things Germania. I have heard a few versions on things and even to this day I think about it back then.

Would I have changed anything... possibly but you have to understand the pressure I was under just to keep Legion afloat.

I was never great at long term politics... hence my favourite position of "Evil Grunt" where I could do things and influence things without the pressure of HC. I am sorry things broke down with Fury but when you get isolated and have really no-one else to turn to... or so it seemed then it gets tough.

I really hated stagnation in many rounds. It was evident in round 2 when I left Legion to attack who-ever I wanted, round 3 when I declared war on Legion in forming Wolfpack, round 4 I was against the wall all round with Legion taking a personal attack on my gal a main aim, round 5 and 6 were very hard with many attacks on us due to the fact I was in a Legion HC gal then with my good friend Lost-Bob and we were a major target for as long as I can remember..... so being a HC in round 7 was probably not a great thing for me and I came to the forefront when I preferred the background.

So all round I can say that I would have been better off not HC except that Legion would not have finished the round without some sort of respectability .... albeit my deletion did dent the pride of the Alliance.

I still would have liked that end battle and its repurcussions.... Fury would still have had a winning planet but it may have be Dreadnought... who knows as it would have been a better way to die than having some moron delete me. You may not have known me but if you ask some of the old-timers who did they may confirm I would have organised a nicer ending and the game would have been better off than the way it fizzled and popped to a disastrous conclusion for many. I dont think many people would say that Round 7 was one of the better rounds in the history of PA.

M&S ..... I would have liked them to win as there probably has not been a better collection of people than M&S who didnt win. Of course I have no idea how the round end game wars went as I only had the one planet (much to peoples amazement) so I could not see how things went as I could not log in. So much for the vaunted multi aspect so many people touted and farming some Titans Planets roids...... well if they moved their fleets how on earth can I control that if the battlecalc people did said I would have won anyway if they stayed and fought but suffered some casualties . Kile attacked the same planets and they moved so why was it not a good presumtion that they would do the same for me??

Once again... sorry to the Fury people I offended as it still haunts me to this day that I made so many friends enemies
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 11:34   #128
Steelrat
Baptized in fire

Steelrat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx Fred, memories floaded my mind after i read your post.
Now I know who to thank for the incomings at the end of R4 .
R6 Deus ex machine
R7 Fang ( played only 3 weeks this round )
Steelrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 13:03   #129
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone.

A lot went on in R7 that not many people knew about..... but at the end of the day I managed to manipulate the situation to my own goals and aspiratons (many of these 'events' Fury HC was unaware of....).

Without going into to much detail, these included a role in:
Ish/TheUnknown's closure
Fred's closure
A strategy to tap out Virus defence to eliminate Singularitys chances of #1
Strategy to take down 7:13

Sure people may have been hurt in the way for various reasons, but for me it was all about winning top planet at any cost. My only regret is that it came at the expense of my galaxies rank.

And tbh, I had no allegiance to Legion or Virus regardless of the political situation. At the end of the day it was all about getting Fury to #1... the rest was none of my concern.
________
Penny stock

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:24.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 13:04   #130
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileman
Hi everyone.
'Sif you know anything other than how to crash fleets

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 13:45   #131
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

hey maz, hows it going? u still around :O

and sif there is anything wrong with crashing fleets.... as long as the roids pay off by round end (even if it takss 2 1/2 weeks )
________
FORD SYNUS HISTORY

Unread 27 Oct 2006, 14:01   #132
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
A lot went on in R7 that not many people knew about..... but at the end of the day I managed to manipulate the situation to my own goals and aspiratons.
As I said in my earlier post this was my major problem with Fury in Round 7 and the reason I didn't play Round 8. People in your galaxy and sphere manipulated the whole situation towards the end of the round including manipulating people like Zhil. This wouldn't really bother me but you did it at the expense of other people in Fury in particular my galaxy. I was glad you as a player won as I think you're a good guy but I think some of your lots attitudes of **** alliance mates so long as our sister galaxy wins was pretty
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 14:19   #133
Kileman
Commander

After my gal was out of the running for #1, I didnt have much involvement at all in the the rest that followed (other than making sure the Virus flagship gal wasnt #1). I never betrayed another Fury member, but I cant speak for my gal mates, so dont know how much involvement my gal members really had (and I dont think it really matters )
________

Unread 27 Oct 2006, 17:33   #134
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Swatc & Hyd3 were pretty amasing duo r7

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 18:16   #135
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
After my gal was out of the running for #1, I didnt have much involvement at all in the the rest that followed (other than making sure the Virus flagship gal wasnt #1). I never betrayed another Fury member, but I cant speak for my gal mates, so dont know how much involvement my gal members really had (and I dont think it really matters )
Well there wasn't that much to do to 7:13 after I had them all deleted You're right that it doesn't matter it was a long time ago, you were a top Fury member to play with you proved that in Round 8 and I was glad you won the round As for your galaxy mates, well I think there was too much suspicion on all sides, my memory is pretty hazy but I think Titans did a fleet catch on Sandman (?) which knocked your galaxy out of the running. For some reason some of your galaxy (wrongly) believed that we were responsible for setting it up due to having two Titans HC in galaxy when it was actually Parracida (?) who was responsible. Your galaxy claimed that we withheld defence which again was wrong, the reality was that we were fairly poor stagnation roiders that round, most of us were fairly inactive by this point and not online to defend.

Your galaxy then demanded a retal on Heartshunter and Ado despite them not really being involved in the attack rather than retal Parracida who was tucked up in a Legion heavy galaxy. Fair enough, we let you have the retal, they were enemy HC and they were defending their alliance mates like mad, if Fury members wanted a retal they got it. My problem with the situation was that everyone was quite happy for them to sit in our galaxy while 23:23 was in the lead, the retal came across to me as more like punishment to take us out of the running and boost your sister galaxies chance rather than strike Titans back for the fleet catch.

Then came the deletion episode, one member of our galaxy had swapped very early on in the round, the only way people who would have been aware of this were high ranking Fury/Legion members of which quite a lot were in your battle group. I'm not sure who reported it but I was at the time fairly sure it was someone in your sphere, there's no way ViruS would have known since they didn't have a detailed coordinate list for our galaxy. The funniest part was PA Team then noticing that someone in our galaxy had given a fake address and phone number and deleting them too !

I still think the decision by Zeus not to close the largest planet in 10:8 which had also swapped because he "couldn't be bothered" was a joke. Also Singularity really should have been in Fury and not ViruS, he was stupid signing up late and random but he was Fury through and through and had gone through a lot with us even if he did always do it taking up a lot of defence. It was quite a fun round overall, the early war was very enjoyable especially raiding with DTA and the late round was still kind of fun, I'd have preferred that we'd kept our relations with Titans intact though, we could have gone ViruS/LDK bashing in Round 8 then.
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 03:49   #136
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Then came the deletion episode, one member of our galaxy had swapped very early on in the round, the only way people who would have been aware of this were high ranking Fury/Legion members of which quite a lot were in your battle group. I'm not sure who reported it but I was at the time fairly sure it was someone in your sphere, there's no way ViruS would have known since they didn't have a detailed coordinate list for our galaxy. The funniest part was PA Team then noticing that someone in our galaxy had given a fake address and phone number and deleting them too !
**Whistles........ **

Tbfh thinking back on it, it really wouldnt have suprised me if it was a Fury(officer) who reported me, as I did piss a lot of people off that round. But its difficult to tell, as no one had the balls to admit it, which makes me think it was someone within Fury. And I know of several pricks big enough to do it to their own alliance. Dont really care now anyway, it was a long time ago.

and yer, they deleted the other guy in the galaxy, cause we told Zeus that he was me(his planet was a lot smaller than mine), which was a bit pathetic, considering had they actually bothered they would have realised it couldnt possibly have been me, rather than deleting both planets because they couldnt be arsed to check....
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 03:56   #137
Kileman
Commander

It was Sandsnake that got fleet caught... and I sucked up all the Fury defence and pretty much left him stranded. It kept my #1 position, but had we saved his fleet we probably could have kept the #1 spot. I cant remember all the details but it was Vendetta time for most of my gal with Titans after that happened.

I was aware of the Mundo thing in 10:8, but it wasnt in my interests to tell anyone (and I knew a number of other people had reported him) and 10:8 was our sister gal after all, given the close Empress + Maddix relationship.
________
BUY SCALE

Unread 30 Oct 2006, 15:04   #138
WonderBra

WonderBra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

long time no see
WonderBra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 16:28   #139
Sleepless
Estharian

Sleepless is an unknown quantity at this point

Omg WonderBra!!! How are you man???!!

-=Estharian Since R4=-
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 05:54   #140
WonderBra

WonderBra is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless
Omg WonderBra!!! How are you man???!!
hey chief.. not too bad.. i'm in SG as you might have heard from the rest i.e. louis / sue / ron etc.. you're in Vietnam?

I see from your tag that you've carried on with Esthar after i've given up with many sleepless nights.. not many old schoolers left in the game huh?
WonderBra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 11:31   #141
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBra
Hi everyone,

long time no see
Hey Wonderbra! Indeed long time no see. I pop up once in a while as well, when I ain't playing WoW Good to see you are doing great man. Say hi to the old crew when you see em

To Leff

Focht was saying KillGhosts surpeme intel skills. You claim those is just plain hacking? I resent that. I worked hard to get all the information needed and I never EVER resorted to hacking. Hell, I don't even know how to do that. People just talk to much in the wrong places etc.
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ

Last edited by KillGhost; 10 Nov 2006 at 11:40.
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 02:19   #142
Insane0ne
Atheist

Insane0ne is infamous around these partsInsane0ne is infamous around these parts

btw, in the ND/allies vs legion war early pa
forgot to mention that after it utterly failed ND disbanded and formed AE, after r3 started we had an ircop join #newdawn kick everyone left in ND and we took over channel to reform ND, well pld us

Last edited by Insane0ne; 19 Nov 2006 at 02:25.
Insane0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2007, 00:58   #143
ReDNuTTeR

ReDNuTTeR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I should have realised when Sid told some Fury people that I had gone offline that they could "attack Fred" as I felt the round was too stale and did not want to be part of a huge block. It was rather incredible when I got a phone call from England to tell me that they had sent some huge fleets and what was I doing. The answer was I would stay and if I got help it would be appreciated. Most of c4e was activated and the battle would have been worth the fight but Fury recalled. I can also confirm that I refused fleet donations.... even Sid offered me ships (when theifs ruled) but I refused as there were still some good attacks to be made and I loved planning attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
whoah, I remember that attack
Asking every person that joined the alliance channel to defend you. I believe the last one I asked was Rednutter to send ships. Would have been a lovely fight indeed, hehe.
Wasn't there another attack on you btw? I can't remember
Scorpio

Hey Fred, i remember *making* that call because of that attack and the main PA login page being down (Anyone else remember the 'downtime' and using E for launching?!). That has to be my favourite PA memory from when i played in those 'old days'.
"Hi, i'm looking for Fred...?"
"...of Bedrock?!"

C4E was indeed made up of mostly Legion players (And where Sidewinder recruited me from ) and i wonder if any cluster alliance has done so well since?! Those were the days... I wish i could find the logs of spying/porting in the conc channel too!
ReDNuTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2007, 09:14   #144
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Now im getting nostalgic.
And i still dislike kileman for fubaring my galaxy by getting Fred deleted.
But the one who did "bend the rules" (\o) stayed open.

I quit the game at that time and launched all my shippies at kileman.
Me dying resulted in our galaxy dropping out of top3, that is however something i regret

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 09:47   #145
Kileman
Commander

I think its time to move on Allfather :\
________
Valentino balboni

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:29.
Unread 14 May 2007, 10:12   #146
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Define "move on".
Not like I want to strangle you (anymore ), but i felt it sad that you made the round end the way it did

Unread 14 May 2007, 10:38   #147
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

You'd feel much happier if you had ended up there knowing it was because you cheated?
Unread 14 May 2007, 12:22   #148
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'm going to try and do it in rough chronological order. BT and WaC grow to immense sizes. Mostly Harmless, a BT wing/battlegroup splits from BT and moves to WaC. After a maximum of three weeks from this event Legion splits from WaC, pretty much taking MH en masse with it. Approximate size of legion at this point would be 80 members give or take. Legion and WaC NAP after leaving and remain on friendly terms. In fact both come under attack from a group of alliances, IPC, UXF, ND, SK. These alliances are beaten off and defeated.

At this point in time Legion start to look at attacking something bigger. However they cannot get assistance from WaC as regards attacking Blue Tuba as WaC are still involved in the previous war more so than Legion are. Legion at this point contact Fury, who have recently emerged successfully from a war with TE (Fury at this point in time are somwhere between 60 and 80 members). Fury and Legion both attack Blue Tuba. This can at best be described as a massacre as BT have very little organisation and are basically an over bloated, spy-riddled alliance waiting one solid kick to send the whole house of cards crashing to the ground. Despite BT's score/member advantage Legion and Fury quickly take the upper hand (we're talking a matter of days here).
I only just noticed this thread as someone bumped it but I thought id clarify a few things that you mentioned.

WaC and BT decided pretty early in the round not to go at each other but while the agreed on this, how they would fight their round differed significantly. While BT were handing out NAP's left right and centre, WaC went on the offensive, with F-Crew being one of their first targets. Our membership numbers at the time was pushing 400 (We switched websites a week into the round, the old website is still up and it shows 387 members)

We were having a few annoyances with some smaller alliances and weren’t really up for a war with WaC, especially as at the time their name alone won them most battles as the fear it imposed was a major weapon so we went the diplomacy route with them. This wasn’t successful and they just played with us with claims that "it wasn’t organised" and "if you let us know who attacked we will have a word with them". After about a week of this Jonka finally admitted they were yanking our chain and were targeting us which pushed us into full battle mode. The question was "could we take wac on alone?". The answer we came up with was no. Furious Angels (FA) could pretty much be counted as an unofficial F-Crew Battlegroup as hinch was always willing to lend us his members when we needed them but they weren’t going to be enough as they were a shadow of the alliance they would become after the merge with nG a few rounds later.

There had been alot of rumberlings that XFA were also having problems with WaC also and the rumour was that that was part of the reason they had merged with UFP to form UXF. So we approached them about joining up to take on WaC. They were up for it and plans started to form. Now at this point Legion were still WaC and were still part of Legion and they would be for a good few weeks more.

At the same time Zeus had decided something needed done about WaC to kick start the round, he had approached BT (who told him they were napped with WaC so couldn’t help), RE (Who said they weren’t interested) and ND about taking WaC down. With the first two declining he then approached UXF who informed him of the plans we had been working on and the plans were merged. In an attempt to overkill IPC, SK and hirr were also brought on board.

Other alliances were suggested to join (mainly by Zeus) and this included Fury but they were all deemed too small to be useful (ND had more than the 50 members stated, the rank in membership numbers was something like UXF, IPC, F-Crew, hirr, ND, SK and i seem to recall SK were around 150 members). Eventually Zeus did persuade the alliances to talk to Fury, Fury hadn’t at this point made an impact and none of us felt they were upto much (how wrong we were) hence why we weren’t eager to bring them on board. It would turn out when we did speak to them that they couldn’t join in anyway, they had a nap which they couldn’t break. However they did want to help and informed us that they did want to help and would be happy to tie up WaC's ally TE so that they couldn’t help WaC out.

So the plan was in place and we were on a high, a high that wouldn’t last long. Firstly Zeus decided to abuse his admin power to invite everyone to attack WaC which tipped our hand which. The attacks didn’t go well and over the next week 1 by 1 alliances dropped out. hirr took a nap with WaC, IPC closed recruitment and went underground and ND, UXF and SK disbanded. It ended up with just F-Crew left fighting, of all the alliances we had had the most success on attacks and coupled with our stubbornness stuck it out. A number of SK who wanted to continue hitting WaC joined us to boost our number, although war had driven some of the more lightweight members away. We kept battling with them until they disbanded which included a 1 mill on either side battle that crashed the server. When Legion did did leave them we even started seeing our attacks on them become much more successful and saw their attacks decrease and become less successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
ICD (Independent Cluster Defence I think) who were effectively a group of alliances merged under one roof, many alliances would join up and their members would effectively become part of an ICD "core"
tbh the Round 2 ICD is hard to even consider an alliance. ICD as a unit were made up of a small number of members and then a group of HC of other alliances. They were in many ways like NATO, they had a council, had a small number of forces under their control but had very little power as an alliance themselves. They also had very little direct control over the members under their umbrella as the members were accountable to the alliance they belonged to and not ICD.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2007, 03:11   #149
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point

You forgot to mention that the NoCex member lists in round 5 was leaked to the other block just a few days after the round started.

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2007, 10:03   #150
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
You'd feel much happier if you had ended up there knowing it was because you cheated?
Winning the round?
Why not
Kileman did what he did to win, like everyone does.
As they say: Everything is allowed in love and war (or how you write it in english).

And its not cheating until you get cought, something Fred didnt get, cause he didnt cheat. Had they deleted me, fair anough, i wouldnt complain cause i did cheat