User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Sep 2006, 14:46   #51
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Zhil's Tame Planetarion History

During round 3 or 4 PA had around 160/180k registered planets. Searching the universe for targets was great, so many choices with a calculator in my desktop

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 12 Sep 2006 at 14:58.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 17:24   #52
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
During round 3 or 4 PA had around 160/180k registered planets. Searching the universe for targets was great, so many choices with a calculator in my desktop
And yet I mostly attacked in-gal. t'was my first round...

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 19:45   #53
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by laputa
And yet I mostly attacked in-gal. t'was my first round...

Hey Laputa

Yeah I remember during round one I completely murdered my galaxy with my friend (grimlock, you might remember him as a Xanadian later on) because they didn't want to cooperate as a galaxy
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 21:36   #54
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

rofl
the evil FWA

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2006, 23:16   #55
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
History of Planetarion in 40 Minutes

WEET breaks down further when a WPO battleground called Dragons sends repeated hostiles vs an Eclipse Command galaxy. Eclipse/ToT fight WPO/Elysium. Eclipse/ToT win and produce one of the most dominating wins in history.
Erm.... that's loads of crap actually. Ðragons retalled the ones of which hit our side, but never once engaged without a reason. I'd never have allowed it. WP failed many things that round, 1 being the unability to create friendly atmosphire to associate with allies via friendly channels, or so it seemed. Tho that's a 2 sided coin I believe. Ðragons were less decreat and with only a bit of patience to wait while justice being served. Saying however we ignited the war is nothing but a creation of ur imagination, unless ofc u wish to ignore ur side provoking it. Creating and leading this bg that round, and while holding quite a high level of militaric power I never once seeked any political grounds, perhaps this' partly why Ð & eclipse engaged into conflicts more or less often. And perhaps the fact we didn't even ever before get along with "fury-minded" ppl played it's own role init.

By the end of the day the WEET war was decided behind the scenes. The fact Ð lost 2 of it's top10 galaxies in 1 parallel (1 lead by MacTanZu and another by Jlab) due lack of faith & trust on WP/Ely side was the key factor that sealed the outcome. Was rather disturbing since they were both amongs the groups I put together that round.
I still sumtimes call mac judas irl.

r9 was utter boredom for the longer half of it. The thing that eventually made it interesting was the last standing block dismerging into heated battle of which's outcome couldn't have been predicted after a day or 2.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 17:43   #56
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Nope, I think the coords where 24:12 or the other way around.
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 17:46   #57
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Some added Elysium view:

Quote:
R9 - WEET breaks down further when a WPO battleground called Dragons sends repeated hostiles vs an Eclipse Command galaxy. Eclipse/ToT fight WPO/Elysium. Eclipse/ToT win and produce one of the most dominating wins in history.
Slightly amusing you can utter the last sentence after WEET had taken it all. The ET/WE war was a charade, legacy to Fury's old FLTTV block whom had internally been buddies for several rounds and, I might give undue credit here, likely planned as a backup plan before the round even started given WEET would emerge victorious. As lizardking mentioned already the actual war was settled with similar tactics that were common to 1up later on in regards to napping t100 players and galaxies. Not to mention the chubby, Wolfpack, and their disgraced HC Rabba couldn't amount to much at all.

Quote:
R10 - FAnG vs Eclipse is the main fight this round. Can't remember the allies on FAnG's side, but Eclipse had Elysium. Eclipse seen as stronger alliance, yet at the end FAnG transfers its members into Elysium giving Elysium the top score and thus top alliance position. Bitter divide between Eclipse and Elysium exists today as such a deplorable tactic, with even some FAnG command crediting the win to Eclipse. Still, ingame wise - it was Elysium.
That seems like a rosy and skewed writeup in Eclipse's favour. Elysium rivaled and topped Eclipse's "strength" (and FanG's) all round top planet -wise and had no troubles on the battlefields. This was partly due Elysium having noted the importance of dedicated scanners, which lead to zero bad landings giving our side a smooth roundstart. As a sidenote no active alliance had defensive troubles due the silly game mechanics of PaX. Back on the strength topic, iirc Eclipse had trouble holding onto even a single top10 planet during the round. The blocks were EET (Elysium Eclipse ToT) vs Fang,Dragons (+WP&Vision&some other flak that eludes me) where ToT fell from the train early on due activity problems. After Elysium topped the universe charts and gained notoriety for having the #1 planet closed due some bug it was mercilessly targeted for days on. Eclipse and FanG overtook Elysium and it seemed like game over for Elysium's #1 plans. However, we kept on fighting, never giving up. In the end FanG settled the game by collapsing due EE pressure and between E&E Elysium managed to eat up the majority of deserters and win the game scorewise. Strengthwise you say Eclipse, but from Elysium standpoint based on daily attacks and planet rankings, Eclipse was in the shadow. Elysium faced the brunt of incomings and hardships that round and it still managed to take the title. That's strength.

Quote:
R14 - eXilition does not play. 1up enter the play solo, but soon after the first forray of fights enter a NAP with Reunion. LCH/Hydra/Insomnia all hit 1up. The enemy block to 1up looses coordination though after key decisive strikes from the favourite. 1up win the round.
Agreed. Some of lousiest commandeering I've ever seen (I was in some eX BG).

Last edited by rnd|One; 14 Sep 2006 at 18:44.
rnd|One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 22:57   #58
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

As a fang BC/Dc of that time id like to point out that eclipse was by far stronger in rd 10 than Elysium. Elysium was fairly out of the game when some ppl in FAnG screwed up and only due to a big group of FAnGers led by Irvine joining you, did you win. Eclipse won militarily, theres no doubt bout that for me.

The Collapse of FAnG was also pretty unrelated to pressure from EE, tho there was of course a lot of it. Instead it was mostly due to some closures of Top-Notch FAnGers and the following posting of login data in #planetarion by Webangel as a way to protest against that. Now i cant remember who got deleted or if those accusations proved right but it had not very much to do with pressure from eclipse or elysium on us. Maybe pressure on the pa-team tho. ;-)
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 23:04   #59
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

R14 - eXilition does not play. 1up enter the play solo, but soon after the first forray of fights enter a NAP with Reunion. LCH/Hydra/Insomnia all hit 1up. The enemy block to 1up looses coordination though after key decisive strikes from the favourite. 1up win the round.
just spotted this off of cheerios's post.

Q: what part did 1up play in the collapse of Hydra?
A: none

Q: What part did 1up play in the disbantion of insomnia?

so the whole idea that 1up single handedly destroyed a block of 3 alliances is pushing the realms of reality a little to far dont you think?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 07:47   #60
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Q: what part did 1up play in the collapse of Hydra?
There's an easy reason for Hydra's collapse: it was turdballs. It was half-assedly built up, better offers for the battlegroup were made by certain instances, but the ambition of a Hydra influential called MrPink forced some people to think it'd actually work out as an alliance. Which, obviously, it didn't. Not too long at least.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 07:52   #61
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
There's an easy reason for Hydra's collapse: it was turdballs. It was half-assedly built up, better offers for the battlegroup were made by certain instances, but the ambition of a Hydra influential called MrPink forced some people to think it'd actually work out as an alliance. Which, obviously, it didn't. Not too long at least.
exactly, my point above is that the post by zhil with regards to round 14 makes out like 1up was the person responcible for the disbantion of 2 alliances and the collapse of the block by its "decisive strikes" which (if that was what was intended) is bullshit

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 15:39   #62
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnd|One
Some added Elysium view:

That seems like a rosy and skewed writeup in Eclipse's favour. Elysium rivaled and topped Eclipse's "strength" (and FanG's) all round top planet -wise and had no troubles on the battlefields. This was partly due Elysium having noted the importance of dedicated scanners, which lead to zero bad landings giving our side a smooth roundstart. As a sidenote no active alliance had defensive troubles due the silly game mechanics of PaX. Back on the strength topic, iirc Eclipse had trouble holding onto even a single top10 planet during the round. The blocks were EET (Elysium Eclipse ToT) vs Fang,Dragons (+WP&Vision&some other flak that eludes me) where ToT fell from the train early on due activity problems. After Elysium topped the universe charts and gained notoriety for having the #1 planet closed due some bug it was mercilessly targeted for days on. Eclipse and FanG overtook Elysium and it seemed like game over for Elysium's #1 plans. However, we kept on fighting, never giving up. In the end FanG settled the game by collapsing due EE pressure and between E&E Elysium managed to eat up the majority of deserters and win the game scorewise. Strengthwise you say Eclipse, but from Elysium standpoint based on daily attacks and planet rankings, Eclipse was in the shadow. Elysium faced the brunt of incomings and hardships that round and it still managed to take the title. That's strength.
I am afraidf you are quite wrong. Infact, Fang/dragons and indeed some of ely credited the round to eclipse, even though ely obviously won when they recruited fang.

The real story, was that eclipse, aided by others, fought a hard war all round, RealJames amongst others doing a fantastic job.
Eclipse/Ely/ToT were not alone, and nor were Dragons/Fang.

Dragons/fang/etc started getting on top by hitting 20 eclipse planets per night, with 5 waves minimum. It was doing the job, and the eclipse block was failing. After a hard war, I asked eclipse HC for access to allies and to take over running attacks (others were just getting exhausted).

This was granted, in what I can only presume was the last throw of the dice.
I personally organised the attacks. I distrubuted the co-ords to each alliance involved, and they were asked to hit the targets and wave them for 20 hours, before a new target list was given out.
This was simply copying dragons/fangs tactics, which were working pretty well.
Instead of hitting the 20 planets, we hit 55 planets (which was all of fang minus a couple of planets not worth hitting).

There is only one person in the whole of planetarion who can say they knew exactly who was being hit. And that was me. I dealt in pm with every alliance, and no-one knew how else was being hit and for how long. I just asked the alliances to do waht was aksed and trust me.

I Personally scanned every target, and know exactly who was actually fulfilling there promises. Tot and the other small alliances ALL did as they promised. And a fking good job they did too.
Eclipse did exactly as they were promised.
Ely however, because either 1) they couldnt be bothered, 2) they didnt ahve the ability, or 3) they took targets they couldnt hit properly to try and look 'hard'. For whatever reason, i dont care, but they didnt do the job as needed.

And then on that, they had the audacity to take all the fang planets who left fang in the confusion that followed.

So, far from the best, ely was actually one of the worst performers in that war, and anyone who would like to give a proper reason why they think otherwise is quite welcome to.

But frankly, I think you are disluded, and a bit of a shit if you do.

And thats from the horses mouth.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 15:45   #63
Lei~
~Gon

This once id say forest is quite right. We werent fighting elysium at the end of the round at all. The only real enemy left was eclipse with help from tot and not so much help from ely.
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 19:47   #64
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

RB in rd 2, so pathetic. You blocked up with furgion and passed an alliance that did nothing but defend noobs and inactives against bashing. What an accomplishment.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 15 Sep 2006 at 20:19.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 10:19   #65
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
RB in rd 2, so pathetic. You blocked up with furgion and passed an alliance that did nothing but defend noobs and inactives against bashing. What an accomplishment.

I am not going to use this defend any accomplishments we may have made.

I do ask though, why exactly should RB not join with Fury/Legion?

Other alliances had the opportunity to work with us, and refused. One top alliance notably told us 'to come back when we were worth something'.
Another refused to stop attacking us and just laughed.

RB should be commended for finding capable allies and looking afterthemselves.
Fury should be commended on taking a chance on what was essentially a new alliance, and had a LOT of players who came from TRT, which didnt even use irc.
Legion should be commended for doing as it was told by Fury

I dont think we have seen a 'second tier' alliance progress so quickly, to be able to hold its own against others so well. And I dont think we will again.
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 11:03   #66
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
A horse-mouthed-know-it-all DC (or a petty officer?) to the aid of another know-it-all DC. Charming.

The events you describe are like a drop in the ocean which you then try to paint as an overall image of the whole round. A couple days of, what seems like end-of-round, initiative handled in solitude by our "I will declare war on you!" jester (Forest) is hardly information to draw conclusions from. It doesn't work.

Do you remember there was a targetlist given by, if I remember correctly, Dragons to EET hostile alliances. The peculiar part of this list is that it contained only Elysium planets. Almost every planet had a nice X mark next to it. Long days followed in what seemed like two weeks of non-stop incomings. Having played Planetarion you must by now know what happens to a top ranked alliance deep in the red on Sandman rankings that wasn't previously hit by lower ranked alliances that stayed out of the war. The vultures join in and the damage cumulates. From EET side Elysium was the only alliance to take a major beating due being mercilessly outnumbered, not due being inactive. The first few nights dropped us 10k roids and that was only the very beginning. To hear from Lei that our planets weren't very good targets in the end is hardly suprising as out of the whole block Elysium had the most fleetscore and top planets all round long making us horrible targets when roided.
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 12:05   #67
Forest

Alliances form BOTH sides of the war acknoweldege what really happened.

You can kid yourself that you had the hard time, and deserved to win, but at the end of the day, you didnt do a decent job and had to recruit the 'enemy' in order to claim #1 in the ranks.

No respect at all.
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 12:44   #68
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

aaaaaw... Elysium-members still claim that they won r10 in a fair* way? How cute is that?

*Of course someone will claim recruiting like that wasn't unfair, but it's still the one and only thing that gave Elysium the #1 spot for that round.
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 13:02   #69
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I am not going to use this defend any accomplishments we may have made.

I do ask though, why exactly should RB not join with Fury/Legion?

Other alliances had the opportunity to work with us, and refused. One top alliance notably told us 'to come back when we were worth something'.
Another refused to stop attacking us and just laughed.

RB should be commended for finding capable allies and looking afterthemselves.
Fury should be commended on taking a chance on what was essentially a new alliance, and had a LOT of players who came from TRT, which didnt even use irc.
Legion should be commended for doing as it was told by Fury

I dont think we have seen a 'second tier' alliance progress so quickly, to be able to hold its own against others so well. And I dont think we will again.
When you look at scouse's planetarion history you can't see a single t100 RB planet. Nor are there are any t30 gals which mention RB. True story.
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 21:14   #70
Lei~
~Gon

Quote:
To hear from Lei that our planets weren't very good targets in the end is hardly suprising as out of the whole block Elysium had the most fleetscore and top planets all round long making us horrible targets when roided.
I was neither suggesting that you hadnt fought hard for a long time or that you were a shit ally that round, merely that at the end, when the war between the blocks got decided, elysium was pretty much beaten. Eclipse tho was holding on far too well, and even still climbing the ranks. So at that moment Ely had actually lost the war, while Eclipse was still inflicting a lot of damage on us. In the end i still think FAnG deserved the victory anyway, cos if it werent for a certain HC of that time and our complete selfimplosion after his coords release, I think we might have hold on to number 1. All those what ifs and so on dont matter in the end tho. Elysium got those recruits and won fairly, so whatever that was ten rounds ago. Was an interesting round tho.
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 10:18   #71
rnd|One
100% irresistible

Quote:
I was looking forward to having more knowledgeable replies here by now.

For Eclipse the party line has been, due Elysium's recruiting, that the alliance must have amounted to nothing. It was not pulling its weight. It had no military strength. All else nullified because of a turn of events. Of course none of this is true, but for Eclipse it was easy to portray us as such and the rest of the universe to see Elysium in such light when you have airhead planetarion celebs spouting crap here and telling them to stuff it might have these jesters packing their bags making AD more of a tombstone.

In the end an alliance from the winning block took the trophy according to the new PaX score mechanisms that would've been theirs already by the old scoring system. It was not won by the alliance whom had a staff member running defence with his multiplanets, nor by the alliance that managed to avoid brutal incomings till the end of round (or even totally) and one being of lesser military strength. Between these contenders I saw the final rankings fitting.
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 14:22   #72
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

For Eclipse the party line has been, due Elysium's recruiting, that the alliance must have amounted to nothing. It was not pulling its weight. It had no military strength. All else nullified because of a turn of events. Of course none of this is true, but for Eclipse it was easy to portray us as such and the rest of the universe to see Elysium in such light when you have airhead planetarion celebs spouting crap here and telling them to stuff it might have these jesters packing their bags making AD more of a tombstone.

In the end an alliance from the winning block took the trophy according to the new PaX score mechanisms that would've been theirs already by the old scoring system. It was not won by the alliance whom had a staff member running defence with his multiplanets, nor by the alliance that managed to avoid brutal incomings till the end of round (or even totally) and one being of lesser military strength. Between these contenders I saw the final rankings fitting.
If you would not have obtained additional, unearned score from the recruits, you would not have won. It seems that everyone is just going with the facts.
Your airhead list is inaccurate. You should be on it.
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 15:10   #73
Forest

Of course he is gonna say that Chika, he is one of the players who sold his soul to the enemy
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 22:05   #74
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
R15 - Repeat of r13 essentially except without ND helping 1up. ND look a threat to #1 but everyone is too incompetent to organize anything against eXilition after 1up are grinded down. eXilition is 'tainted' yet again by cheating accusations as it's revealed there has been use of 'many' support planets.
omg guys - remember how incompetent we were? that was so great.
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 01:03   #75
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Insomnia had alot of impact on the later rounds(where we played full rounds) and it annoys me that you don't know that.

Other than that it was fun to get a good reminder of the days that once were good post overall.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 11:11   #76
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to read trough your post. You are ofc. a little biased from time to time for obvious reasons, but all in all its a great post. I was at least entertained and all in all it gave me a great overview and refreshed my mind a bit.

I am a little suprised though that you say eX has decided to play next round. That they should have decided for sure is new to me at least :-)

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 11:20   #77
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Erm.... that's loads of crap actually. Ðragons retalled the ones of which hit our side, but never once engaged without a reason. I'd never have allowed it. WP failed many things that round, 1 being the unability to create friendly atmosphire to associate with allies via friendly channels, or so it seemed. Tho that's a 2 sided coin I believe. Ðragons were less decreat and with only a bit of patience to wait while justice being served. Saying however we ignited the war is nothing but a creation of ur imagination, unless ofc u wish to ignore ur side provoking it. Creating and leading this bg that round, and while holding quite a high level of militaric power I never once seeked any political grounds, perhaps this' partly why Ð & eclipse engaged into conflicts more or less often. And perhaps the fact we didn't even ever before get along with "fury-minded" ppl played it's own role init.

By the end of the day the WEET war was decided behind the scenes. The fact Ð lost 2 of it's top10 galaxies in 1 parallel (1 lead by MacTanZu and another by Jlab) due lack of faith & trust on WP/Ely side was the key factor that sealed the outcome. Was rather disturbing since they were both amongs the groups I put together that round.
I still sumtimes call mac judas irl.

r9 was utter boredom for the longer half of it. The thing that eventually made it interesting was the last standing block dismerging into heated battle of which's outcome couldn't have been predicted after a day or 2.

As a side note to this I remember I had hours and hours of discussion with cheerios(correct spelling?) trying to convince him to join in aggainst ecl as that was the only way there was a chance to beat them. There was different oppinions in ely about what to do and several days went by where they didnt make up their minds. In the mean time WP was hammered back to the stoneage (remember my planet dropping like a rock from 3rd to 50th or something like that) and when Ely finaly made up their minds it was far too late.
That late decission alone settled the round in my oppinion and ecl had a fairly easy win. If Ely had joined in early I think ecl would have lost instead, but we will never know.

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 12:15   #78
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
If Ely had joined in early I think ecl would have lost instead, but we will never know.

cbk
No, if Ely had joined in early ecl had probably lost in a different, eventually they lost anyway.
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 14:04   #79
Jackie

Jackie has a spectacular aura aboutJackie has a spectacular aura aboutJackie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
yea back then pa had like 20k planets i think. that was fun.
of which 15k were multi
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 14:15   #80
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
omg guys - remember how incompetent we were? that was so great.
Weren't you the only guy in WTF to not reach t100? :/

<3 you barrow!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 16:53   #81
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
R3 - Fury and Legion create a triad block with Reborn (RB). STEL is the main enemy block which utterly fails.
STEL was never a block. Agreed the alliances that comprise of S, T, E and L were the main enemy, but they never got together as a block. It appears you're suggesting that they got together as a block that then fell apart, which is not the case.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2006, 00:41   #82
Big Brother is Watching

1984 is a splendid one to behold1984 is a splendid one to behold1984 is a splendid one to behold1984 is a splendid one to behold1984 is a splendid one to behold1984 is a splendid one to behold1984 is a splendid one to behold

Dull/10

You may continue masturbating.
1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2006, 21:43   #83
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

About the closure of Fred in r7, I believe that was my doing ... the only round I truely played active from start to finish. I've got no stamina for this game, I can't plan it around the rest of my life ...

This should be combined with a p l a n e t i a history, as Dragons continued there, Omen started there afaik and Ministry continued there a lot and I even believe that Eclipse took a step to it, Elysium is still there, but butter is controlling most of it, which isn't a good thing.....
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 13:26   #84
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

I love reading about the old day
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 21:17   #85
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
I love reading about the old day
Makes you feel older and more mature, doesn't it?

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 00:45   #86
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Norseman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Round 6 is a round that needs a lot of detail to give any kind of picture and I don't think a paragraph suffices. This is my perspective on round 6, other Deus HC might disagree.
nice one.. almost starts to wonder if I really played that round, I mean.. by your words it really looks like it was Xanadu against the rest of the universe

guess its my memory which serves me wrong

binge, no idea why im back here
R3: 111:17
R4: 2:15 Elysium
R5: 1:5 Elysium
R6: 24:16 Elysium
R8: 28:?? Adelante
Retired & vanished
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 02:42   #87
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

What kind of replies do you exspect ? Lets not forget how this round worked and we can summon Kj, Sonnenbomber or Senater here to backup my statements.
Unknown to many ppl the first aim of the Fang block was ToT which had severe problems this round and broke apart morally. Inactive Fc's, members and some hcs (Sonnenbomber at one time beeing the only guy active). After a brief chat a decision was made, Fang should be taunted and i did the job.
Eclipse became maintarget for the reason that we figured if our block wanted to win the round we had to gain back control. To our surprise things went abit different. Eclipse got the attention like we wanted but we got more then we aimed for. Our top planets were killed one at a time while Ely incomings were dropping, things started to look grim and for many the round seemed to be lost. Some motivating speeches later and more officers fixed the problem and slowly but steadily, with more help from non block allies, more coordination from ely, increased activity from tot and forests help (at this time many of our hc and officers were totally burned out from weeks of around the clock hits, recalls- resends etc) we came back. We copied their plan and Fang slowly took a beating. Killghosts supreme intel skills and some officer spies helped to turn the tables. Fangs moral was broken - Kjs internal speech was launched- Right when they could get on the feet again catastrophe struck again. Planets were closed left and right and middle. Cheating accusations, mud throwing you name it they had it. Eclipse and allies still going strong but eclipse pulling the extra pound getting ahead of elysium in alliance ranking.
Then fang broke apart and everyone - including eclipse and ely tried to get a grab on the cake. Irvine played it smart and tried to force and ely / ecl brake up by offering each the option to get the massive scoreboost from his bg joining. Tho he was also in talks with Dragons (which theoretically still had a chance to grow since all attacks on the BG planets were banned and created even more tension). Things got really ugly, really really ugly and in the end myself and a few guys in the hc had to make a decision. We decided that it would be better to win the round with the team instead of trying to do a solorun which might lead to our complete destruction. It prolly wasnt the bravest move but after weeks of exhausting nights and top notch raiding (love you old ecl guys still) our guys deserved that we gave them some rest and a spot in the winners lounge.

This was the ultimate end to the ely / ecl relations which were thanks to elysias and senaters help a pleasure. At the end of the round everyone admitted that eclipse was "top" despite not ranking there (due to the bg joining ely in the last 3 days). Strengthwise those guys pulled a major weight and im still very proud of everyone of those, especially those top planets who builded up again, who made this all possible.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:04   #88
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

I might add that FAnG was ranked #1 in round 10 until we decided to disband after numerous closings and openings of our top planets which ended in a couple of players posting their logins in #planetarion (webangel ftw).
We did not disband to let Elysium win.
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 15:24   #89
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

You were kinda forced to disband by your own incompetence.

But I didn't properly play that round so I could be wrong.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 16:09   #90
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

Since all of our closed planets got reopend it was more like the incompetence of several biased multihunters which is the actual reason why I dont play this game anymore - I played the entire round 10, never gave my login details away, still I got closed for 'account sharing' by a multihunter that used the Eclipse Arbiter to 'prove' his accusations.

What Focht calls "supreme intel skills" I call hacking. Its a simple as that. And that is not how I want to play a game. This entire thing became way too serious over the rounds, and instead of having fun you had to make sure to have enough firewalls on your pc to protect it from certain Fury and Elysium members which tried to win by gettin your irc chans relayed or your accounts closed instead of playing the game.

Last edited by LEFF|pm; 4 Oct 2006 at 16:22.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 16:11   #91
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Whether or not you gave your login details away is irrelevant if you logged in to other FAnG planets.

please don't deny that your alliance had an unusually high number of cheaters.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 16:18   #92
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

I was always amazed Ðragons and FAnG didnt win r10. Everything seemed to be going reasonably well while I played (first few weeks), hell I even had a pretty big planet. Then I was forced to start working fulltime unexpectedly and had to give up HCing/PA for a while and when I got back it had all gone tits up.

Anyone want to fill me in with a more detailed roundup of r10? (yeah theres not much to do here, and it would entertain me for a bit!)

P.S. If lizardking reads this I cant get on IRC atm, but ill come on when im back home in a few weeks hopefully.

P.P.S. Perhaps being in a shared command channel with Kjeldoran drove the Ð and FAnG command over the edge and they all lost it!

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 13:35   #93
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
Since all of our closed planets got reopend it was more like the incompetence of several biased multihunters which is the actual reason why I dont play this game anymore - I played the entire round 10, never gave my login details away, still I got closed for 'account sharing' by a multihunter that used the Eclipse Arbiter to 'prove' his accusations.

What Focht calls "supreme intel skills" I call hacking. Its a simple as that. And that is not how I want to play a game. This entire thing became way too serious over the rounds, and instead of having fun you had to make sure to have enough firewalls on your pc to protect it from certain Fury and Elysium members which tried to win by gettin your irc chans relayed or your accounts closed instead of playing the game.
Yes its always hacking and always illegal means if someone get caught.

How often do you think a GM / Multihunter / Dev / Administrator hears these accusations ? Especially if someone high profile gets caught ?

But i guess u always had a thing for drama so ofc Fang never had cheaters and was suspected completely out of the blue and because of biased multihunters and evil hackers out there......

Maybe u should have a word with Irvine about cheating and some of your other old FC's. Or maybe Webangel. Afterall he must have gathered the logins he posted somehow or the logins which were on that fang page ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 15:50   #94
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
I might add that FAnG was ranked #1 in round 10 until we decided to disband after numerous closings and openings of our top planets which ended in a couple of players posting their logins in #planetarion (webangel ftw).
We did not disband to let Elysium win.

Fang was abouts to be smashed in the rankings, and the incoming they faced just sped up any proceedings.

Fang did NOT disband because of closings.

Kjeldoran has stated this on more than one occasion.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 17:11   #95
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

I never said, that FAnG was innocent when it came to sharing logins. It happend within our ranks like it happend within every single PA Alliance from round 1 (although we never mastered it like LDk ^^ )

The Killmark Incident did his fair share, and although we kicked him when he admitted it, the reputation was damaged. If I had been less biased towards the entire issue I could have realized earlier what he was doing, so we deserved the flaming back then.

However I did not give my logins away in round 10, yet I got closed for account sharing. No matter what other players told me, what they assumed or believed, I know that for a fact. I was not guilty.
I was FAnG HC at that point and I personally quit because of that treatment.

And the reopenings of our top-planets later on made me believe I was not the only one who got closed like this. Fact is, we can argue forever who would have won the round. Where Forest sees a "bashing" I see a brilliant defence in a hopeless situation with series of causeless closings and reopenings.

Elysium won in the end. Point.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 17:52   #96
Forest

Not what the rest of your HC think
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 20:47   #97
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Reading Zhil's post, it's reminded me of so many things from rounds that all seem to have merged into one. Everything after r8 for some reason doesn't feel like having been seperate rounds, it just feels like one long very non-distinctive period. I guess that's a sign I've been around far too long.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 00:19   #98
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Reading Zhil's post, it's reminded me of so many things from rounds that all seem to have merged into one. Everything after r8 for some reason doesn't feel like having been seperate rounds, it just feels like one long very non-distinctive period. I guess that's a sign I've been around far too long.
That's silly, if anything rounds four to eight was just fury versus xanadu.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 01:11   #99
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
That's silly, if anything rounds four to eight was just fury versus xanadu.
I know, yet I can remember each one of those rounds in far greater detail than the ones I mentioned. No idea why.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 06:38   #100
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I know, yet I can remember each one of those rounds in far greater detail than the ones I mentioned. No idea why.
When you're old it's harder to remember recent things than the old ones.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote