User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Aug 2006, 19:53   #1
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road
PA: You know it's time to quit when...

This is a follow up of sorts to my "Best Girfriend/Wife Quotes"

I have noticed lately, especially in this round 18, some things I have done playing PA that no other normal human being could ever imagine pulling off. When I catch myself doing weird things associated with PA that would otherwise be deemed as socially unacceptable, I typically sit back and laugh at myself as the phrase "you dork" passes through my mind. I'm sure I'm not alone in this and curious what some of you other fellow players have noticed you have done that makes you wonder... "hmmm, maybe it's time I find another form of entertainment"

Here's an example of a few of mine:

* Waking up 5 minutes before your alarm is set to start a research, construction or check on an attack. The waking is typically violent preceeded by some horrific nightmare. Even worse, not having the energy to go back and turn the alarm off when it goes off in 5 minutes... all the time thinking "I'll turn it off when I go back to bed"

* Turning down not just one, but several chances to go on a date or be sociable because the thought of taking a shower, getting dressed and going out to spend money just doesn't sound all that fun anymore.

* Waking up face first in your keyboard with a notepad doc open, the top 10 to 15 lines are tonight's galaxy incoming from the overview screen, the next 1250 lines are from your face typing "asfdjfsdlhalfsldfhlsdjkfhlasjdhlfjsdhlfjshdlf" when it rested on the keyboard from passing out.

And last but not least:

Repeatedly reminding yourself that it is "okay" to have more significant friendships on irc with people on the other side of the world than in your own country... Backing this up by telling your friends "Hey, how many people do you know in Norway that will let you come stay at their house for a vacation?"

I would love to hear everyone else's experiences... dont' be scared
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 20:47   #2
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PA: You know it's time to quit when...

*When Biggin exiles into your gal. (true story!)
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:30   #3
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

*when you buddypack with Newt

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:43   #4
wielklem
retired

wielklem is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with jupp
r3-r5 nub r8-r17, r19 tot/lch nub, r20-r22 CT nub, r23 inactive ToF
wielklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:44   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

*When you're in rehab.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 23:11   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Newt "I stuck my phone to my head so I would always know if I got a text when I had incoming" is a great buddy pack member!

You know it's time to quit when you miss a launch because your phone fails to wake you up at 2.40am, having woken you up at that time the previous 9 days.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 00:19   #7
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

*check pa during the breaks at school

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 00:46   #8
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
ICT lessons ftw
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 01:37   #9
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:

used to do that all the time when i was at college
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 01:47   #10
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

You have a more intimate relationship with your keyboard than you do your significant other.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 01:57   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

When you wake up from sleeping in your chair more often than your bed.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 02:44   #12
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

*Move swiftly to check PA while significant other gets a drink or goes to the washroom.

*Swearing to never play again each round
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:30   #13
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

spending 3 hours doing defcalls at st00pid o clock in the evening getting 0 satisfaction because you have no ships, you know you going to get no ships and all you do is spam the private channel trying to get def for your shift.

Also when your girlfirend says "whats so good about this game" she then gets an account and asks what fleet should she concentrate on with cath.

I know its a PA players dream to a) get a g/f but b) get her to play PA !!!

BUT its to weird at night with your g/f asking about the ins and outs of PA

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:59   #14
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
b) get her to play PA !!!
To be honest, that sounds like a nightmare.

You know it's time to quit PA when your GF breaks up with you cause YOUR nightrhythm is fcking up HER dayrhythm.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 10:11   #15
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
You know it's time to quit when you miss a launch because your phone fails to wake you up at 2.40am, having woken you up at that time the previous 9 days.
Done that one before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggin
* Waking up 5 minutes before your alarm is set to start a research, construction or check on an attack.
I used to wake up at 0635 every single morning. On the dot.

Quote:
* Turning down not just one, but several chances to go on a date or be sociable because the thought of taking a shower, getting dressed and going out to spend money just doesn't sound all that fun anymore.
Kinda similar, just that I had an alliance to BC for, and I was the only active BC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
*Move swiftly to check PA while significant other gets a drink or goes to the washroom.
Done.

Quote:
*Swearing to never play again each round
Repeatedly done.

Luckily, not had these for a few rounds (Not played actively since r15), but at one point, I was sad enough to do these things.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 10:36   #16
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
You have a more intimate relationship with your keyboard than you do your significant other.
I was going to say "When you dont have a significant other", but I think i'll take that back :P

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 12:24   #17
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

It's time to quit when you get your girlfriend to join, and then she does better than you without knowing what she's doing.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 18:24   #18
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
*When Biggin exiles into your gal. (true story!)
i'll find you one day...
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 20:28   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's 2003.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 20:52   #20
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

you make yet another thread called 'you know its time to quit when'
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 20:57   #21
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
ICT lessons ftw
I checked PA on numerous occasions in the middle of teaching ICT lessons
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 21:54   #22
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

* Having arbiter commands written onto the front of your PC when you cant find sticky notes / pieces of paper
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 22:59   #23
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I checked PA on numerous occasions in the middle of teaching ICT lessons
I'm sure someone trained all their students to play

Talk about support planets
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 11:57   #24
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

when you access PA at your parents house and the Defcall notices upstairs are louder than the conversations at the dinner table

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 12:10   #25
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Newt "I stuck my phone to my head so I would always know if I got a text when I had incoming" is a great buddy pack member!

That's why I switched from phone next to bed to phone on top of the locker on the other side of the room. And it's loud enough.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 14:23   #26
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

well. I spend more time at work on PA then actually working.

But i do not find it a reason enough to quit PA.

I stopped handing out my phone numbers, so they would finally bugg off and not call me at LEAST 4 times a night.

When your phonebill looks like you has called at least one country in entire western europe and quite a few in eastern. And the price on it is 50$ more coz of that.

When just a random person in your phone company asks (when questioned about the bill)"I dont understand why all your international calls are 1 second long."
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 18:57   #27
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

When just a random person in your phone company asks (when questioned about the bill)"I dont understand why all your international calls are 1 second long."

hehe
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 05:56   #28
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1

hehe
Yeah, I know that feeling My phone company looked at me really oddly when I asked about their international text messaging plan. They asked why, and I told them that I'd be needing to text a fair few people over in europe, aussieland, etc.

Sadly, I got screwed in the end though 30c per message. And anyone who decides to be mean and wrack my phone bill up with spam, I'm comin after you!!!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 10:03   #29
Aragno
xVx techie

Aragno will become famous soon enoughAragno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yay, I'm not the only one !!

[xVx]
Aragno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 10:41   #30
Mhadf

Mhadf is an unknown quantity at this point

You only go to people's houses where there is a net connection, and they don't mind you using it.

You know all the open WiFi spots in town to *check*
Mhadf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 14:08   #31
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You think doing the graveyardshift is 'cool'
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 15:55   #32
Spiral

* farming was considered cheating ... (but it helped little planets and alliances with somethg decent to grow)

* ... and parallels were banned (since they provided great fun)
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 17:26   #33
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

* you realise that half your galaxy are a third of your age
* you feel fake nicking is like mIRC mutli'ing
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 17:33   #34
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
* you feel fake nicking is like mIRC mutli'ing
couldnt agree more!

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 19:36   #35
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

to expand a bit on the gf thing:

*sneaking out of bed once she falls asleep
*cutting a date short because of an sms about incomming
*not going on a weekend vacation because there is not internet access

concerning work:
*1 window open for working, the remaining 5 are all pa related....login screen, sandmans, irc, alliance forums, pa forums etc
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 20:47   #36
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

when you're sat at home bored, and decide to crack open a few cans reading the pa forums instead of going out and socialising :<
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 22:56   #37
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

..when you spend more time on PA than on your studies.

..when your smiling from cheek to cheek with yourself having four accounts, one as yourself, one as a spy, one where you pretended to be someone else and one who you got loginname/password too (couse the idiot always uses the same).

..when you wake up at 5.40 in order to launch that tick

..when you know in what alliances people whom you have never chatted with, have been since r2.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 06:47   #38
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

When you quit school or your job cus it dosnt fit your DC/BC/launch times

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 14:43   #39
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
concerning work:
*1 window open for working, the remaining 5 are all pa related....login screen, sandmans, irc, alliance forums, pa forums etc

and then you got out for a cigarette, and your manager jumps on your workstation real quick, then you come back to a "WTF !?!" kinda look in her (manager's) eyes...

sucks ;/

for that, firefox and tab browsing ftw.
But my irc default is IE and i cba to change it, so all the scans and webbie tools pop up in a separate window. So i only had like 4 windows opened (none of them work related) but 1 of them was FF with PA, Sandmans, Forums, more forums, cnn.com, youtube.com, and some others
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2006, 12:24   #40
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

When Elviz exiles you out of his galaxy because you couldnt get on mirc till tuesday.

Still not happy elviz.

and

When your about to be active for a round and get going then your missus breaks her leg.

And last but not least

Your galaxy who only started playing last round tell you that you must do a galaxy attack with them or be exiled.... I exiled myself.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 01:34   #41
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
well. I spend more time at work on PA then actually working.

But i do not find it a reason enough to quit PA.

I stopped handing out my phone numbers, so they would finally bugg off and not call me at LEAST 4 times a night.

When your phonebill looks like you has called at least one country in entire western europe and quite a few in eastern. And the price on it is 50$ more coz of that.

I know the feeling when you look at your bill and its from countries like lithuania and norway with the good old 4am sms stating they have incoming.

Company phones FTW!!
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 09:52   #42
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Kinda similar, just that I had an alliance to BC for, and I was the only active BC...
*coughs*

Completely know the one about said significant other asking about the ins and outs of PA. The worst is when they signup for an account after youve been to visit them and you get asked by Multihunters why you have multiple accounts.

Leaving the pub at 22:45 to get home before the 23:00 tick (sucks)
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 08:32   #43
Sajuuk

Sajuuk is an unknown quantity at this point

When you use your buddy pack for a job reference.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 11:41   #44
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked earlier as a security guard and got called up on a burglary alarm, middle of the night. I got the address, hung up, set my alarm to xx:57 and fell asleep again waiting around 45 mins before I checked out the burglary...yeah I was tired.

Luckily it turned out to be a false alarm...but still =\

didn't make me quit though.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 09:32   #45
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Using a laminated print off of the ship stats as your mouse mat.

Organising your holiday so it doesnt clash with a round start.

You go into #Multi-hunters at round start and they were expecting you, cos u are there every 3 months without fail to notify them of the numbers of the 3 accounts your family has at home.

Quote:
<Epcylon> [Tue 14:11] Top signs you are addicted to an internet game: 1) You gaming pals know when you return from holiday, while your daughter doesn't...
the last one was said to me yesterday
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 13:02   #46
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

you have your laptop logged on, next to your bed (so near u dont actually have to get out of bed) so you can access PA at any hour

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 17:44   #47
Appocomaster
PA Team

No one asks you what you're doing because it's either Planetarion, eating, working or sleeping (in that priority)
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 20:02   #48
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Isn't that how everyone started playing?
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 22:24   #49
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

...the big hand points to the little hand?

(Or is that some Michael Jackson joke?)
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 23:32   #50
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

What's brown and often found in babies' nappies ?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote