User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Mar 2006, 16:05   #51
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: eXilition & the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
assuming PA team do not revert back to a value based game, would you still support longer breaks and possibly even less/no summer rounds ?
I don't really support long breaks or cutting out summer rounds. PA is PA because it runs all the time. Alliances can pick and choose their rounds like EXilition or play every round like 1up, but PA is always there. It's always running.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 18:27   #52
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Seriously, what in Planetarion takes more than 3 weeks to organise?
A way of dragging Sid back for yet another round.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 18:31   #53
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
heh, I hadn't even noticed the misspelling. It was more a comedy play on the fact that 1up have always done fkall preperation pre round.

We're lazy ****s.
I don't know about that, round 14 we discussed quite a bit the day before tickstart.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 18:32   #54
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
This round I'm preparing cookies for when ticks start. I'll eat one for every enemy planet I lay in ruin or something.
Still, you must be able to understand why some people might need some preparation time.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 18:33   #55
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
If The_Fish said 'a' alliance.. wouldnt that represent basicly every alliance in the game? Also Angels?

Im pretty sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. And as I have tried to tell The_Fish a post or two further up, there doesnt need to be special events such as war or playboy lingerie weekend to stall the preparation process.

Not that Angels prep. is any of my doing, I just feel they are entitled to their side of whatevers being debated aswell
I'm really sad to disappoint you, but hmm.. He didn't even mention the word 'alliance' in his post:

Quote:
3 weeks is plenty of time, drastic changes can easily be made in 3 weeks.

As for timing between May and July, you will never be able to fix it for everyone. I imagine if PA stopped for a few months, I would play other games more and possibly not bother returning. Longer waits would lower the playerbase even more imo.
Damn we.. We make a big deal of nothing, heh.
It surely is sad that eX won't play the next round, they add some spice to the game. Anyway, GL in the future eX, and start preparing from now, just so you play the next one

If you can comfort a tear, do so, but never agrieve someone innocent.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 18:36   #56
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
I'm really sad to disappoint you, but hmm.. He didn't even mention the word 'alliance' in his post:
Quoting without context FTW!

He was implying alliances as that was the nature of the discussion. If people are discussing something like, say, exilition, and someone says "They're not playing next round", does that automatically not refer to exilition because the word doesn't appear there?

You are just being pedantic. Try posting something worthwhile rather than just trying to pick a fight.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 18:57   #57
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Yeah. Basically, any drastic alliance changes can be made in 3 weeks given the corrent planning and not trying to do everything yourself.

Angels insist I'm wrong. Let's agree to disagree.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 19:09   #58
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Angels insist I'm wrong. Let's agree to disagree.
Ugh. But I don't know where I stand now. Usually I just take whatever Kjel says, or you say, and assume the opposite.

Let's see. When Kjel just talks about himself/Angels I really can't comment too much on internal Angels affairs.

You say that any drastic alliance change can be made in 3 weeks, so I need to disagree there. There are some changes that require more than 3 weeks. However, Kjeldoran says that you have no clue. Obviously disagreeing with him and saying that you do have a clue poses all sorts of problems. Problems like 'how will I ever post on AD again?' and 'why is there so much pressure on my head all of the sudden?'

Help me
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 19:18   #59
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Ugh. But I don't know where I stand now. Usually I just take whatever Kjel says, or you say, and assume the opposite.

Let's see. When Kjel just talks about himself/Angels I really can't comment too much on internal Angels affairs.

You say that any drastic alliance change can be made in 3 weeks, so I need to disagree there. There are some changes that require more than 3 weeks. However, Kjeldoran says that you have no clue. Obviously disagreeing with him and saying that you do have a clue poses all sorts of problems. Problems like 'how will I ever post on AD again?' and 'why is there so much pressure on my head all of the sudden?'

Help me
If it takes longer than 3 weeks, you are doing it wrong.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 19:35   #60
Banned
Banned

Quote:
If it takes longer than 3 weeks, you are doing it wrong.
That's not the problem, you're just wrong. The problem is when Kjel says you have no clue. He can never be right, but you don't
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 19:59   #61
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It is possible for them both to be wrong even when they seem to be disagreeing about the same thing. Also, KJ could just be dissembling and Angels are already fully prepared to sweep into the gap left by eXilition and any other retiring alliances. Damn vultures.

Unfortunately, you could then read it that both Fish and KJ were right. At the same time. About the same thing. I think a mod needs to lock this thread before serious harm is done to Universe
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 20:29   #62
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Im afraid its to late. Someone tipped Ben Affleck of this thread and they are now making Dogma 2: Hesay Shesay
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 20:35   #63
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is just a modified form of the fallacy of the cretan paradox. If you assume that angels does not exist then kjeldoran and the_fish are both just uttering entirely meaningless statements and the fact they are contradictory means nothing at all.

Universe saved! Team high-five!
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 20:47   #64
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
This is just a modified form of the fallacy of the cretan paradox. If you assume that angels does not exist then kjeldoran and the_fish are both just uttering entirely meaningless statements and the fact they are contradictory means nothing at all.

Universe saved! Team high-five!
Excuse me, but are you aware that there is no way to override Ben Affleck ?

Matt Damon will be defiling you this evening
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 12:04   #65
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
eXilition will not be returning to Planetarion for April. bwtmc.
em has no-one else picked up on the fact that they have only said they are not playing in april and could well turn up in may while the rd is continuing,
would be a great way to bypass the alliance limit for the top 5 and keep under the radar by havin other alliance think you are not playing the rd when in fact u are only starting a week later when april finishes

Ps its a lame ass conspiricy but remember it is PA

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 02:14   #66
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
most of last round you could of
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 07:28   #67
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Yeah, a shame eX won't play. Then again, I guess I'm busy too so I'm part of the problem not the solution Good luck to the alliances that *do* play.

-Nitin
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 11:25   #68
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
heh, I hadn't even noticed the misspelling. It was more a comedy play on the fact that 1up have always done fkall preperation pre round.
Actually you misspelt it and Kj spelt it right
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 14:25   #69
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping eXilition would play, makes the game more interesting...

anyhow, I guess most of the eXilition people will play still, so hopefully the game wont have less players.

see you when you return

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 14:58   #70
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Help me
God you're funny Jester ...

Ohh and, Fishboy was correct ... I'll get things fixed/done within the 3 weeks of time that I have before the round starts. Yet I'm correct aswell when claiming he got no clue about what needs to be done internally.

The only one being wrong here, ironicly, is you.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 17:18   #71
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Yet I'm correct aswell when claiming he got no clue about what needs to be done internally.
Then why do you keep blabbering on about it?

I hate it when people declare things in this huge manner but then are deliberately ambiguous about it, to try to show they have some big and important knowledge that we all would LOVE to know about but can never find out about.

Stick a sock in it Kjel.
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 03:24   #72
Pennywiser
Xanadu

Pennywiser will become famous soon enoughPennywiser will become famous soon enough

well makes my decision easier for this rnd, i probably would have come along for the ride if eX had of played again, since they arent i think i will concentrate on my last year of uni, gl to all alliances playing, i thought this rnd was supposed to be the first PAN rnd?
rd 5 [Xanadu]
rd 6 [Xanadu]
rd 7 [Xanadu] [Bull]
rd 8 [MadCowS] MO
rd 9 [MadCowS] MO
rd 15 [eXilition] DC
rd 16 [reinVENted]

Proud to be [Xanadu]
Pennywiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 08:55   #73
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Then why do you keep blabbering on about it?

I hate it when people declare things in this huge manner but then are deliberately ambiguous about it, to try to show they have some big and important knowledge that we all would LOVE to know about but can never find out about.

Stick a sock in it Kjel.
Heh, so if someone posts crap about me or is mocking me on the boards, I shouldn't react on because you, Tomkat, feels I keep blabbering about it?

I mean, this whole discussion is so rediculous because it's as if I'd claim that I know how you, Tomkat, do your day to day job and therefor claim that if you can't do this or that then you're doing it wrong.

You'd declare me stupid because how the fk would I ever have a clue or know more about your specific job then you do? That's exactly the case here, yet some pple, like you, seem to believe the most outrageous retarded things ... unbelievable.

And Tomkat, ofcourse I'll not tell AD what specific it's about. Since when do alliance HC's present their complete internal working on AD? You have to be an idiot to assume I'd tell Fishboy or anyone else in here what exactly I need to take care of during preparations ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Apr 2006, 12:36   #74
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And Tomkat, ofcourse I'll not tell AD what specific it's about. Since when do alliance HC's present their complete internal working on AD? You have to be an idiot to assume I'd tell Fishboy or anyone else in here what exactly I need to take care of during preparations ...
Kj's right here. No alliance can be expected to divulge their internal affairs, especially on AD. I've refused to do so in the past and I'd hardly expect any other alliance to do so. Those who volunteer information about their internals need to think very carefully about how they do so.
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 19:23   #75
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

At night, the HR Wolves do naughty things to each other

:crymeariver:
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 20:37   #76
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
At night, the HR Wolves do naughty things to each other

:crymeariver:
\o/

/licks Sethy

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 20:59   #77
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

SOOOO I see lukey got a new home

naughty sethy pokes quick
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:30   #78
Tomkat

Quote:
Then don't mention it at all! You don't need to keep going "well there's lots of things to be done but you know i won't tell you what they are or even give you any information".

It's just being deliberately ambiguous and makes you look like you're making yourself seem more important and busy than you actually are.

If you're going to tell us what these huge preparations that take 3 weeks long are (and I agree with Fish - I can't think of anything that takes THAT long - or at least takes anyone with any kind of organisation skill to do), then do it. Otherwise shut up about them.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:48   #79
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Then don't mention it at all! You don't need to keep going "well there's lots of things to be done but you know i won't tell you what they are or even give you any information".

It's just being deliberately ambiguous and makes you look like you're making yourself seem more important and busy than you actually are.

If you're going to tell us what these huge preparations that take 3 weeks long are (and I agree with Fish - I can't think of anything that takes THAT long - or at least takes anyone with any kind of organisation skill to do), then do it. Otherwise shut up about them.
Lol, try to master the skill called "reading" and then realize that I didn't start any of this. I just reacted on the fact that the preperation time between r16 and r17 is very short. The_Fish then started to make the discussion whether 3 weeks should or shouldn't be enough ... and based on his own experience (I assume) he concluded 3 were more then enough.

Fair enough, but it's also my right to say I agree with it or not. But when I do, you get into you usual AD role.
In fact it makes me wonder why you're into the discussion nway, apart from jumping on yet another opportunity to do what you seem to be best at.

This being said, The_Fish was correct (heh) and I got everything sorted out np. But things looked far worse then they were.

Ohh and, I've got more then enough organisational skills

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:50   #80
Banned
Banned

Quote:
(and I agree with Fish - I can't think of anything that takes THAT long - or at least takes anyone with any kind of organisation skill to do)
How about this:
  • Handle all new applications.
  • Full review of membership (assessing performance last round, activity and IRC contribution).
  • Begin political machinations. Primarily gauging where all 10 or so potentially influential alliances stand. Possibly sorting some actual agreements (OMG BLOCKS!)
  • Discuss and improve upon military procedure.
  • Assess tech efficiency and possible improvements.
  • Ensure that all members have buddypacks and credits sorted.
  • Find an appropriate strategy for the round.

The list goes on, and few HC actually do much of this stuff anymore, but it's there and it's not difficult to spend a lot of time preparing a round. Kaifux said in the end of round ceremony for r13 that EXilition had spent the full 2 month period between rounds preparing and it showed.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:51   #81
The_Fish
ND

Moral of this story Kjunt (thats in retal of you calling me Fishboy all the time ;p) is that you should listen to me as I'm right.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:54   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Always remember the three step summation of any round guys. Preparation, perspiration, exasperation.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 10:54   #83
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
How about this:
  • Handle all new applications.
  • Full review of membership (assessing performance last round, activity and IRC contribution).
  • Begin political machinations. Primarily gauging where all 10 or so potentially influential alliances stand. Possibly sorting some actual agreements (OMG BLOCKS!)
  • Discuss and improve upon military procedure.
  • Assess tech efficiency and possible improvements.
  • Ensure that all members have buddypacks and credits sorted.
  • Find an appropriate strategy for the round.

The list goes on, and few HC actually do much of this stuff anymore, but it's there and it's not difficult to spend a lot of time preparing a round. Kaifux said in the end of round ceremony for r13 that EXilition had spent the full 2 month period between rounds preparing and it showed.
Well said, it's not that much if you spread it over an entire command crew. But when 80% of your command basicly quit PA, that's another story.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Apr 2006, 12:53   #84
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Yeah, can't play, got exams :) I'll return to PA if I get depressed again by real life issues :)
Unread 12 Apr 2006, 00:49   #85
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

This is sad news I was quite looking forward to another crazy round of 20hr/day activity, with the divine pleasure that is having eXi DCs abuse my IRC highlights to ensure the 20hr/day minimum.

As it is I guess I'll just pass my exams instead.

PS. I'm allianceless!! I expect to be pinging out from IRC due to the frenzy of pms I should be receiving from HCs.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2006, 02:04   #86
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Meanwhile, Newt stays firmly connected to netgamers