User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 7 Jan 2006, 01:46   #1
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts
What Alliance Has The Best Name

Well i was bored and decided to try and start another discussion ....

Well the alliance name that i think owns is Wolfpack...it sounds like an alliance name

i will say sorry now before everyone rips me apart....

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 01:50   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Alliance Has The Best Name

I always preferred the legion, furious angels also works.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 01:53   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

surely this should be AD?
And I think "Appocowoco" is better than any other alliance. reputation, history, etc
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 09:29   #4
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

I still love the google search on hirr Hartford Institute for Religion Research
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 11:03   #5
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Elysium

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 11:04   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

BlueTuba, just for sounding completely irrelevent, yet amazing.

And Elysium, but thats more for the slogan thing attached to it.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 11:13   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Please join me alliance will always have my heart.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 11:20   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Surely everyone's just going to nominate their own alliances?

Certainly I think Vengeance and one of its predecessors, Ultra Violence, have kick-ass names. 1up deserve credit for the Mario theme. Deus Ex Machina was a very fitting name for Deus.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 12:03   #9
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

elysium.. brilliant name

i also was quite fond of Legion

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 12:13   #10
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I liked a lot of the old names, alliances that had mostly quit by the time I arrived.

For some reason, I always liked 'Silver' and their Ag tag. Fury, Legion, Elysium and Titans were all cool too.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 12:50   #11
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Most allies are bound to have a cool name tbh. Wouldn't make sence to name your ally something really crap.
I personally like: Tides of Fire (maybe caus i'm in it, but i still think it's a cool name), Fury, Titans, Vengeance, ...

I wonder what people think is the worst ally name ever?

(btw, i think this thread should be moved to AD)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 13:08   #12
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Worst ally name - eXilition, easily.

What does it even mean?????
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 13:15   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

I don't know what it means (if it even means anything) but I still like it though

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 13:49   #14
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

exilition

\Ex`i*li"tion\, n. [L. exsilire to spring from; ex out + salire to spring, leap.] A sudden springing or leaping out. [Obs.] --Sir T. Browne.

Fury, Xanadu, OuZo, Ministry, Vengeance and Wolfpack are all quite good names. Furious Angels is great as well.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 13:54   #15
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

Exilition
Obs.

A leaping or springing up or forth.

Obs. means obsolete, but thats' from Oxford English Dictionary.

Edit: That's what I get for loading up oed instead just using dictionary.com
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 14:08   #16
furball

It's not exactly the most inspirational ever.

Ours is pretty handy on retal nights, plenty of room for slipping 'vengeance' into every other sentence. I love Deus Ex Machina and the way it played PA. Fury is...well...fury
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 14:14   #17
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Wasn't around to see Fury or Deus ex Machina play the game. But they sound cool. But I prefer SiN, safety in numbers doesn't really sound cool I admit, but the tag is so freaking SEXY!
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 18:47   #18
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

Xanadu
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 19:14   #19
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I always liked Fury most as ultimately, I think a good name should be appropriate, memorable, simple and original. Fury was all those things. Most alliances have names from something they looked to for inspiration. They looked for an existing theme to fit their alliance rather than come up with their own unique theme.
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 20:21   #20
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

Fury.
Because i loved the galpics saying...Feel the Fury.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 20:45   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Peniz_Allianz, clearly.
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 21:00   #22
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I think the 'Marvinators' is the best. imo.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 21:19   #23
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

LDK : for playing in the alliance for years and never learning what it meant

Ultra - Violence is one of the alliance names I always liked, and my own alliance back in r2 or summit - The Pink Reapers. Got to love that name for my nub alliance

Fury, Legion, Elysium and Xanadu are also great, they got a -ring- to them... or whatever

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 21:37   #24
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Legion
then Elysium

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 02:39   #25
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I like Xanadu, because I read a book once about a toxic waste dump in the future called Xanadu, where convicts were sent to serve their sentences. The fact that it was feared by the outside world, deadly and mysterious always caught my imagination when i heard the name in game.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 04:46   #26
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Fury - appropriate, simple but with layers.

and short enough that it never needed to be abreviated.... abreviations suck.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 04:55   #27
Appanouki

Appanouki can only hope to improve

tbh most alliance names are fairly benign and unimaginative...
Appanouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 04:57   #28
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve

I do agree with the abreviations observation... however, NoS should, MUST be the exception to this Tis, not only for what it stands for, but also for the acronym suggestive powers: us (not U.S.), ours, etc.

But yeah, after them, Fury is BY FAR the best name.

(by the way, I really dislike the name "1up" [when it first came up I thought it was going to be a 1 round thing, but then it got stuck :/ ]
Don't take me wrong, I love the "alliance", I just dislike the name, especially when you guys don't make it UP ther.)

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 05:10.
Dictator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 08:05   #29
Pennywiser
Xanadu

Pennywiser will become famous soon enoughPennywiser will become famous soon enough

Legion - they had a the best logo i have ever seen and the name just sounds cool

Xanadu - a real ring to this name plus i loved the alliance

Bull - not an ally but a group of 1337 Xanadu gals, had the best slogan "Hit Harder" and the various version

"Hit Harder FFS" "We'll Hit you Harder" ect

and i also like the Dragons name with the cool D i cant do it on an Australian keyboard but i like there slogan to "Together we stand divided we Fall"
rd 5 [Xanadu]
rd 6 [Xanadu]
rd 7 [Xanadu] [Bull]
rd 8 [MadCowS] MO
rd 9 [MadCowS] MO
rd 15 [eXilition] DC
rd 16 [reinVENted]

Proud to be [Xanadu]
Pennywiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 09:00   #30
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Xanadu and Blue Tuba.

Also LDK somehow, the name just oozes fear and destruction. Also I like the English unofficial meaning of the abbeviation. Lifeform Designed to Kill. I thought the real Lithuanian name translated in English means something like The Lithuanian Duke, not too sure though.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 13:44   #31
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought bluetuba was a brilliant alliance name is was just random as you like

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 16:08   #32
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Feel the [Fury]
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 16:13   #33
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Elysium and Titans are both great names imo, i also loved the whole fury thing, feel the [wrath] of [fury] etc etc
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:12   #34
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

RaH? Just because the word is so cool.
RaH!
RAH!
RAAAAH!*

*can you tell we're sorting everything out for signups?
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:14   #35
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

No problems at all then? ^^
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 14:39   #36
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

There are def good and bad alliance names. Names like Fury, Legion, Xanadu and Elysium are good and inspiring I'm sure to their members. The name of an alliance is of course important to help members identify with it and what the alliance stands for and as a good way to tell the universe what you're about.

My favourite alliance name has always been Century though, I just think it's a really swish name for an alliance.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 16:33   #37
Beermonster

Beermonster will become famous soon enoughBeermonster will become famous soon enough

I think there are loads of good ally names WP, SIN, Fury, Vengance and Angels, and many more but if i had to pick 1 and say thats the best i think i'd probably choose Wolf Pack

As to the worst ever alliance names, again there are plenty to choose from but i'd vote veneratio as the worst name ever.
Beermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 17:58   #38
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermonster
As to the worst ever alliance names, again there are plenty to choose from but i'd vote veneratio as the worst name ever.
I think we were the only HC ashamed of our name

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 00:36   #39
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

you can love or hate the name eXilition, it is fitting.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 00:43   #40
Explode
Blasting Caps

Explode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: What Alliance Has The Best Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
you can love or hate the name eXilition, it is fitting.
i like the names eXilition, but i also like 1up
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 01:53   #41
Appanouki

Appanouki can only hope to improve

I dunno Arfy, Coven wasn't too hot for me...
Once upon a time, around the turn of the 21st century, there was a little known game called Planetarion... home to about a thousand players enjoying the worldwide connectivity at the dawn of the Internet.

Are we supposed to care about the little red/green rectangles?
Appanouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 02:34   #42
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Legion

It sounds so militaristic and powerfull .. I like that
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 05:14   #43
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Like those old time names like Legion, Fury, BlueTuba, Elysium, VtS, and NoS.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 20:23   #44
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Fury, Legion, Elysium,
Insomnia (<- fits very well to what you sometimes do when playing pa all night long ,) )
eXilition, hirr, ViruS, Mistu
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 01:37   #45
Explode
Blasting Caps

Explode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura about

This is kind of sad...there are no votes for 1up...

Last edited by Explode; 24 Jan 2006 at 02:45.
Explode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 23:58   #46
Cutlass

Cutlass is an unknown quantity at this point

i like mostly these names...Fury, Titans, Legion, 1up, eXilition...

i like this name but don't know what it means...eXilition...?
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:21   #47
Victuri

I really like 1up, its different and is very fitting for the alliance, I also like the names Fury and Elysium. I think they are both interesting and very image like.
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:31   #48
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

I always loved the FAnG the fact that it was short for Furious Angels Only broaden the names appeal for me (didnt find out till r8 that it was actually short for furious angels next generation, but oh well)

The name Blue Tuba always brought a smile to my face also.
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:32   #49
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the FA part of Fang best part of the name
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 11:21   #50
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

NewDawn

original \o/
olle is offline   Reply With Quote