User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Jan 2006, 08:43   #1
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice
Past & Present: The most HATED alliances of PA

This is just pure observation from various posts on AD these past recent rounds, I would say around R12 to R13, there were a lot of anti-1up and anti-ND. Anti-SiN and ND for that controversial merge. The last tick of R12, and rolling into R13, saw a few of anti-Angels. And most recently were anti-eXilition.

These are observations though, based on threads created and how posters react to certain alliances on AD. Me personally, I don't quite know. Alliances of course, do shift political strategies each round so it's going to be very hard to pin point exactly who the most hated alliances are throughout PA history.

Maybe you guys can enlighten the community by stating certain alliances you think are most hated and state why. And, just to clear things up, this thread was not meant to trigger flames but a healthy discussion as to why certain alliances were hated at the time or why they are still hated to this very day.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 09:20   #2
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Re: Past & Present: The most HATED alliances of PA

LDK or Fury imo..

LDK for being infamously dubious in their playstyle. I must admit I will never believe that they play fair, furthermore they were very successful which tends to piss people off

Fury for being annoyingly successful, also their leader Syn_Sid has for some reason always been easy to hate. I remember way back when; I didnt really have a reason to dislike him, yet I did.. Strange
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 09:35   #3
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla

Fury for being annoyingly successful, also their leader Syn_Sid has for some reason always been easy to hate. I remember way back when; I didnt really have a reason to dislike him, yet I did.. Strange
strangely enough, but it is - as you said - the success what makes people envious.

back in the old days it were certainly Fury and Legion. They were always seen as the root of all evil from the bigger part of the universe.

when i talk to some people they still dont like people out of that era and if you ask them why they dont like them you nearly never get any good reason.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 09:57   #4
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I think Fury must be the most hated alliance in PA history. Why? Because of their succes. You either like Fury (mostly the members) or you're against them. Not much pple are neutral towards Fury. I personally like Fury alot, never had that hate feeling towards them.

Alliances that I'd rate high on my dislike scale would be: Virus, Titans, Elysium and Eclipse (and ND from time to time).

Also, I believe FAnG was one, if not the most hated alliance during r7 untill r10.5 ... I don't think there are many alliances that had to endure the same for rounds on AD. I think it was easy to hate FAnG

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 10:16   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

NoS havent exactly been held at high esteem for their cynical way of playing this game.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 11:37   #6
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Think it'd have to be one of either, Fury, Xanadu or Legion. They were the forerunners or everything else.

Though, the amount of hate an alliance generates, is usually determined by a few things; how successful they are. how they achieve victory and who's in the alliance.

Personally i've never really hated an alliance, though i've disliked a few for having such twats as members or even worse as command.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 11:38   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Think it'd have to be one of either, Fury, Xanadu or Legion. They were the forerunners or everything else.

Though, the amount of hate an alliance generates, is usually determined by a few things; how successful they are. how they achieve victory and who's in the alliance.

Personally i've never really hated an alliance, though i've disliked a few for having such twats as members or even worse as command.
NAME THEM FFS !!!

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Jan 2006, 12:14   #8
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I
Also, I believe FAnG was one, if not the most hated alliance during r7 untill r10.5 ... I don't think there are many alliances that had to endure the same for rounds on AD. I think it was easy to hate FAnG

rgds Kj
that was not really hate i would say or maybe a different kind of. fang never really outplayed someone like Fury/Legion did - Fang was disliked for different issues.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 12:46   #9
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Fury
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 13:08   #10
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

FAnG were not particularly liked in R10.5 for building the most dominating block since Nahrweetfzdrhvf.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:36   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
FAnG were not particularly liked in R10.5 for building the most dominating block since Nahrweetfzdrhvf.
Because obviously FAnG was the evil brain behind the huge block. 2 fact I'd like to present here:

1: Not our fault that the opposing block was a joke (low competition since eclipse quit, Ely couldn't be arsed) ...
2: we had a block with Mistu and Phraktos. 2 newly formed alliances. Pharktos made the deal with WP.

I understand everyone is pissed off cause we whiped everyone's ass with such ease (for whatever reason). But our block wasn't "large" compared to the blocks in the previous 2-3 rounds, nor was our block based on established alliances (mistu and phraktos were new) ... and when you're already #1, it's not OUR job to break up the block. That's the job of the other allies that want a shot at #1 ...

Yet everyone seems to put the blame for a dominating block on FAnG? Why? Because we won that round?

Also, the dislike towards FAnG didn't start in r10.5, it started in r7 and kept going without any pauzes until end of r11

Not that I mind, but the topic of this thread was to name the most hated alliance. I think between those rounds, FAnG was a very disliked/hated alliance ... for whatever reason.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:39   #12
Pennywiser
Xanadu

Pennywiser will become famous soon enoughPennywiser will become famous soon enough

i and many of my fellow Xanadian's disliked NoS a lot after the NoCeX rnd, also Fury for being our enemy for so long, i never disliked Legion i always wanted to play a rnd there, i used to love their symbol/logo, they made the best gal banners i have ever seen, who made them anyone remember?

Definatly NoS/Fury was who i disliked
rd 5 [Xanadu]
rd 6 [Xanadu]
rd 7 [Xanadu] [Bull]
rd 8 [MadCowS] MO
rd 9 [MadCowS] MO
rd 15 [eXilition] DC
rd 16 [reinVENted]

Proud to be [Xanadu]
Pennywiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 14:52   #13
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Round 10 (when I started), I disliked Elysium the most, they were our enemies, and seeing them defend Walken so adamantly when he'd blatantly cheated left a bitter taste. Round 10.5, it was mainly FAnG (and partly mistu) for their refusal to do anything which could lead to an interesting round.

Round 12 it was LCH which annoyed me the most, due to their insistance on playing for second and as such, it damaged my alliance's hopes. Round 13 LCH played excellently, and it was NoS I grew to hate. Mainly for the arrogance of some of their members towards me.

Round 14 onwards, haven't really disliked anyone. So the only alliance which I've disliked and has done nothing to change my opinion of them were NoS. I've liked chatting to kargool since then, but the taste they left in my mouth was very bitter and I'm sorry to say that, the bitter soul I am, I laughed when they disbanded. They say revenge is a dish best served cold, and since I'm lazy, I'm not bothered whether I'm involved in preparing the dish or not.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:09   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywiser
i and many of my fellow Xanadian's disliked NoS a lot after the NoCeX rnd,
I think that was mutual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Round 13 LCH played excellently, and it was NoS I grew to hate. Mainly for the arrogance of some of their members towards me.
Was pretty mutual aswell, due to pretty much the same reasons you list
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:10   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Round 10.5, it was mainly FAnG (and partly mistu) for their refusal to do anything which could lead to an interesting round.
In all honnesty, Gate, what does the #1 alliance have to do then? I'm quite confident you'd have done nothing either (proven this round). You're already #1, why risk that position by starting needless wars? It was upto the allies in the block to make a move.
Alliances don't play to make the round fun for others. Sure, each alliance has the responsability to keep PA alive an interesting, but no sane command would risk their victory so that their rivals might have a more fun round ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:20   #16
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
In all honnesty, Gate, what does the #1 alliance have to do then? I'm quite confident you'd have done nothing either (proven this round). You're already #1, why risk that position by starting needless wars? It was upto the allies in the block to make a move.
Alliances don't play to make the round fun for others. Sure, each alliance has the responsability to keep PA alive an interesting, but no sane command would risk their victory so that their rivals might have a more fun round ...
You're the top alliance, the leader of your block, in the public eye, particularly to a member who has little involvement or interest in the politics at the time, you are seen as the prime evil.

I wasn't saying I was being reasonable, but it was how I felt at the time.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:27   #17
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
You're the top alliance, the leader of your block, in the public eye, particularly to a member who has little involvement or interest in the politics at the time, you are seen as the prime evil.

tbh, who cares about round 10.5 ?

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 15:33   #18
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

Fair enough

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Jan 2006, 16:12   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's Fury by a country mile.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 16:35   #20
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

LDK is the root of all evil.

Compared to them, Fury is the enlightment, the path, and the redemption.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 17:04   #21
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I ve never been a fan of fury (reason being that I ve faught against them too many rounds,and had / have V few friends there) hate however, is a strong word which I will not use against any alliance in an online browser game.

Back in the days I d think LDK were most disliked by the people who were in the top alliances / the people which knew about em and what they were capable of, while the n00bs -hated- Legion / Fury because they were so big and evil and all they did was to bash them

ATM to me it seems like 1up r most disliked in PA community. eXi holding a nice second place.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 17:23   #22
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What a silly thread.

You hate the alliances that are your main opposition.

You hate the alliances that are successful and #1 when you aren't.

You love the alliances that you're in, and have done well in.

It's completely subjective.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 17:30   #23
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What a silly thread.

You hate the alliances that are your main opposition.
You hate the alliances that are successful and #1 when you aren't.
I disagree, I've never hated 1up or Exilition. I did however dislike Eclipse and Elysium. Sometimes you dislike your main opposition, but not always. But I agree it's subjective. I'd hate other alliances because of their behavior, their intentions and their values and goals. I'd never hate an alliance because they beat mine ... that'd be pathetic.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Jan 2006, 18:35   #24
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

ToT/Eclipse

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:23   #25
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

There are no alliances I hate, the worst for me is LDK which is an alliance I simply have no respect for whatsoever.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:34   #26
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

As an x RaH the only contender can really be virus.
OneColourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:59   #27
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
There are no alliances I hate, the worst for me is LDK which is an alliance I simply have no respect for whatsoever.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 20:01   #28
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

I dunno, I always got on with individual LDK members quite well, yeah it used to bug me the way they'd account share, but in the old days everyone did that at one point or another, they just did it almost religiously.

Though I've always tried to be on good talking terms with my opponents, whoever they are
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 20:06   #29
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ehm, how can it possibly be anyone but fury.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 01:57   #30
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Round 12 it was LCH which annoyed me the most, due to their insistance on playing for second and as such, it damaged my alliance's hopes.
I got some quotes from you regarding LCH. I want to expose them but it might start something bad for you pre-round heh.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 02:00   #31
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

I hated Legion more than Fury back then, mainly because of the tight recruitment and elite standards. eXilition are my personal most hated alliance though.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 02:37   #32
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
LDK is the root of all evil.

Compared to them, Fury is the enlightment, the path, and the redemption.
what he said.

long live the Fury!
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 02:47   #33
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

they're dead. like that shit cluster alliance they were formed out of..what was that c6r? or something similar? oh wait.. c7s?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 16:53   #34
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough

im quite sure NoS had been the alliance more hated for many many rounds of pa , no doubt .
i dont hate any ally speacially although gonna start hating gate for the post he did ,never laugh when one ally disband coz urs can be next.

Quoting dingo :

<Dingo> We hate everyone equally

:P

Last edited by Felagund; 7 Jan 2006 at 17:03.
Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 17:12   #35
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felagund
never laugh when one ally disband coz urs can be next.
Doesn't matter, we'll be laughing back anyway so we'll be even
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 01:29   #36
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about

LDK :xmas:

Detailed reasons are mostly sadly lost in the mist of time, but what I do remember was some events in round 6, which lead me to become most eager to suddenly hate them "over the usual foe feeling" and reflected it on the cluster LDK galaxy at 23:16. There were always lots of fuss - deserved and undeserved - around LDK also, which I probably dont need to point out

And they were well organized foe

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 01:46   #37
Xerxes

Xerxes is on a distinguished road

The only alliances I have ever disliked are NoS and WP ( post-r4 ) for their constant fence-sitting and lack in abillity to co-operate. I respect alliances as long as they do something, or try to do something.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 03:37   #38
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
fair enough but things like the [shish] goading was a tad tasteless.
And as for keeping PA alive, didn't "[shish]" attack valhalla or something ? the most promising new alliance during the round ?
Erm...shish was a JOKE. A group of ppl regging a chan on netgamers to PRETEND to attack som new ally. Only things that was messed with was ppl's minds. Dont think a single fleet was launched.

As for hating allies, i dont hate any. There are allies i've lost respect for, but i dont hate them. There seem to be a growing number of ND members i dont like/lost all respect for tho

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 8 Jan 2006 at 03:45.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 10:38   #39
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
surely concordium.
completely devoid of virtue.

at least people liked fury for a few minutes when they took down conc
if memory serves :/

I agree with that ^^ But most people seem to have forgotten about that alliance. How ever if i didnt choose that one it would have to be a toss between Fury Or Legion. Fury becuase of the way it was ran, and Legion becuase they did have a rep for noob bashing somtimes.. or bassicaly bashing planets till they were none existant (not my point of view, its what i get from others just to clarify). But being a former Legion myself ill vote for them as i saw them still today as the best alliance that ever lived with there recruitment standards and the way they ran.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 11:47   #40
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Depends on your start round doesnt it really...

having had 7 bells knocked out of planets by Legion and Concordium.. its a close thing, both were powerfull but noob bashers.. early times tho and many people wont even remeber them.

for most its Fury and Legion.. especially when they joined forces..
but that fear turned into something greater... it turned into the push to join together ( to block) to take the bad guys down.

So basically the thing i hate most is is not a particular alliance .. its Blocking.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 00:34   #41
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why is everyone putting alliances down that they hated?

The one alliance I've truely hated has been CELL but I know for the fact they are not remotely close to being the most hated alliance in PA.

This is actually very tricky. Was Fury actually hated that much, or was it more a grudingly given respect?

Wasn't LDK seemingly hated more than Fury in public for much more questionable 'events' (much similiar and inline to the more present eXilition).

I'm going to turn it around to make it fit better.

I believe Fury has been the alliance to get the most public reputation whether it was negative or positive. No other alliance has really matched the level of it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 00:56   #42
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From what I can tell, Fury is hated - certainly by many players I know. I don't have a personal feeling, since I spent Rounds 3-7 pretty much devoid of major alliance knowledge. A shame really, but times change.

I'd say that the alliance with the fewest friends was NoS, which culminated in Round 13 (when it lost all of them) and Round 14, when the chickens came home to roost. Finally.

LDK? It was fashionable to hold them in contempt, but I just don't think they reached the iconic level of Fury. You're probably right when you say that Fury has the most public reputation. There haven't been many memberbases as devoted as Fury's either; this is due to having a single leader as opposed to multiple HCs, I suppose.
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 01:58   #43
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I belive it changes from round to round.

When I started playing acticly, back in r3, Legion was the most hated. Then it became Fury or LDK etc etc.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 03:40   #44
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't say I hated Fury - I just know it is the most hated alliance. I don't actually hate any alliance particularly nowadays.

The only times alliances should be really disliked are for three reasons:
- serial cheating
- ingratitude
- overkill blocking in political play (because it results in terrible rounds of PA)
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 04:25   #45
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l

The one alliance I've truely hated has been CELL but I know for the fact they are not remotely close to being the most hated alliance in PA.

This is actually very tricky. Was Fury actually hated that much, or was it more a grudingly given respect?

Wasn't LDK seemingly hated more than Fury in public for much more questionable 'events' (much similiar and inline to the more present eXilition).

I'm going to turn it around to make it fit better.

I believe Fury has been the alliance to get the most public reputation whether it was negative or positive. No other alliance has really matched the level of it.
No I'm pretty sure we all hated your guts. Back in round 5 I hated you, Legion and Xanadu, because your behavior was hurting the game.

I'm glad 1up isn't like Fury that way.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 10:29   #46
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Surely that is a reasonable way to work out which alliances are most hated amongst a particular group of planetarion players? In this case, the AD posters who are generally involved in politics and reasonably well informed, or they get flamed/negrepped to hell.

For example, in this thread, a lot of people have talked about how Fury have been the most hated alliance, though only Jesterina, Tesla and Pennywiser,admit to having personally disliked them. On the other hand, pennywiser, furball, xerxes and myself have all admitted to disliking NoS. Thanks to the situations we've faced (eg. NoS are a much more recent alliance, therefore dislike for them has had longer to grow, and less time to fade), it's possible that amongst current AD poster types, NoS are more disliked than fury; no matter how many people say fury are the most hated alliance.

I guess it depends on which group of planetarion players you're talking about. The less politically aware player (who makes up most of the playerbase in my experience), or someone who is more likely to have an influence on how the politics of an alliance is run. Though these are obviously linked (HCs will spread dislike for an alliance in order to gain support for their own political aims for instance), I would say there are differences.

In all, I would say that the first group is more likely to hate alliances such as Fury and Legion who are seen as dominating the game, or the personal enemies of their alliance (in the past, HR were a nemesis of ND for example), whilst the second group are more likely to find themselves disliking alliances for other reasons. Those involved in powerblocking or other methods which are frowned upon...
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 10:29   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

People shouldn't get so focused on the word "hate" ... I mean, the word means nothing, there is no standard for "hate". What I'd value hate, Zhil might call "strong dislike". There is nothing to measure the value of the word "hate" with.

I think the intention of this thread was to name the alliances that you hated, disliked, disrespected, WHATEVER, the most. So stop picking on the word "hate"

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jan 2006, 10:37   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
For example, in this thread, a lot of people have talked about how Fury have been the most hated alliance, though only Jesterina, Tesla and Pennywiser,admit to having personally disliked them. On the other hand, pennywiser, furball, xerxes and myself have all admitted to disliking NoS. Thanks to the situations we've faced (eg. NoS are a much more recent alliance, therefore dislike for them has had longer to grow, and less time to fade), it's possible that amongst current AD poster types, NoS are more disliked than fury; no matter how many people say fury are the most hated alliance.
It would be bad for the ego of some pple to not claim Fury is the most hated alliance

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jan 2006, 10:58   #49
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Erm...shish was a JOKE. A group of ppl regging a chan on netgamers to PRETEND to attack som new ally. Only things that was messed with was ppl's minds. Dont think a single fleet was launched.

As for hating allies, i dont hate any. There are allies i've lost respect for, but i dont hate them. There seem to be a growing number of ND members i dont like/lost all respect for tho
haha shish was awesome, we were talking about shish kebabs in fang priv channel, then it escalated and alch pretended to reg a chan, then a few more of us got in on the joke. I remember valhalla hc coming to me asking what they had done, i came up with a pretty lame reason and told him to sign up on pa boards and declare war on nos i think. good times:>
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 12:41   #50
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Fury... Tis told me to f*ck off when I applied :'(