User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 Dec 2005, 19:59   #1
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Congratulations eXilition

The round isn’t officially over, but it’s fair to say eXilition are the winners of Round 15. Well done eXi, an excellent and deserved win in my opinion.

eXilition have come under a lot of criticism for their tactics this round, I have to say I think they are valid tactics. I am genuinely impressed and jealous that eXi managed to get so many alliances to do nothing but support them in their quest for victory. I’m also amazed alliances such as HR, Subh and Vengeance are willing to donate everything to eXi’s cause, congrats to eXilition for convincing them.

I don’t think it’s a huge block really, but it’s certainly big enough to bring down any alliance currently playing.

eXilition proved this round they have a fantastic military, guts to keep fighting and strong political intelligence. They are, in my mind, the best alliance around right now.

Angels also showed great military attributes throughout the round, but their political play was appalling. They fought well, and did a good job throughout the round but they didn’t play the alliance spectrum as well as they could and probably should have.

1up were backed into a corner, and wasn’t able to come out fighting. I think it’s fair to say 1up aren’t as strong now as in their opening 2 rounds, but they still offer a huge threat to everyone, and that is why eXilition kept hitting them for so long.

NewDawn played things perfectly in the political sense, to be winning with a week to go shows great skill and superb work from Grog. NewDawn actually led the round for 24 days, which I think no-one would have predicted before ticks started.

However, ND showed it is not up to the standards of eXilition (and others) in the military sense. A lot of things disappointed us from our own memberbase. We had a glorious chance of victory, and we didn’t take it. We have to look at our own short falls to see how we will improve and come back stronger for Round 17 (Really, who will take the 5 week free round seriously?). We played a good round, and that’s a 2nd place finish for two rounds in a row, making a bad habit of this

I commented in a previous thread that I believed the number of ‘support’ alliances would decide the victor, I was partly right, but eXilition showed great skill and determination to win.

Well done eXilition, a very deserved victory.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:04   #2
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Re: Congratulations eXilition

Well its a shame for ND not to win but i agree with fish on whos the better ally
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:06   #3
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Angels also showed great military attributes throughout the round,
Mostly agreeing with fish; except on this. Angels have a lot of excellent and active players and MOs (Smasher is one guy to impress me greatly \o/ ), but earlier in the round their wartime tactics were a little bit on the rusty side (I can expand on this if anyone wants me to). I feel that angels have everything it takes to win a round in the military sense, and they performed very well, but just a bit more experience and tactical play is needed for Angels to truly outclass someone like ND, and give us a third genuine military power. You guys did good, but with a little extra effort and some tricks, you could be better IMO.

Well played everyone who stuck it out to the end though!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:22   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

It require balls to come out and say what Fish did. It's easier to criticize the alliance they're losing against than applaud it. Well done Fish

And congrats to exilition, yet again.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:25   #5
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Mostly agreeing with fish; except on this. Angels have a lot of excellent and active players and MOs (Smasher is one guy to impress me greatly \o/ ), but earlier in the round their wartime tactics were a little bit on the rusty side (I can expand on this if anyone wants me to). I feel that angels have everything it takes to win a round in the military sense, and they performed very well, but just a bit more experience and tactical play is needed for Angels to truly outclass someone like ND, and give us a third genuine military power. You guys did good, but with a little extra effort and some tricks, you could be better IMO.

come on dude we both know that is a joke, and we both know what your basing this assumption on
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:28   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
A lot of things disappointed us from our own memberbase. We had a glorious chance of victory, and we didn’t take it.
You don't think your command team should bear some of that blame, do you?
Quote:
We have to look at our own short falls to see how we will improve and come back stronger for Round 17 (Really, who will take the 5 week free round seriously?).
I was waiting for this to come up. Everyone will use that excuse except whoever wins. I think that's a pity. I think it's a pity because in a competitive field, it will demand just as much in terms of skill as to win a 50 man, 5 week round clearly as it does to win a full round. It won't take as much tenacity and spirit as a full round does, and if no other alliances try, it will allow some ****off shite alliance no one gives a damn about to claim a victory. If no one else takes this seriously, we'll have a bunch of skilled, sore losers whining about how 'it doesn't matter that your alliance won the pretend round'. And bringing it up in advance is just as bad, if not worse.

Quote:
Well done eXilition, a very deserved victory.
Indeed
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:29   #7
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
The round isn’t officially over, but it’s fair to say eXilition are the winners of Round 15. Well done eXi, an excellent and deserved win in my opinion.
Back when blockwars were the way of PA, it was customary to consider the whole block as having won, not a single alliance within that block. I think it is extremely unfair to all of exilitions allies to say that exilition has won. I think a team effort should be both recognised and applauded as just that, a team effort.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:29   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I commented in a previous thread that I believed the number of ‘support’ alliances would decide the victor, I was partly right, but eXilition showed great skill and determination to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
It require balls to come out and say what Fish did. It's easier to criticize the alliance they're losing against than applaud it. Well done Fish
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:32   #9
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

i can only underline what fish said. exil played it well and seems to derve the win. congrats - eventho i dont like how they won i respect it and i must say that how they stand all the pressure they got and then closed the gap to ND was impressive. I just wonder if exil continue to play round 16 or then round 17(round 16 isnt really to be taken serious).

to newdawn, sadly you guys didnt win deep in my heart i hoped you could do it. thumbs up for your peformance AGAIN (eventho you oculdnt reach Reunion´s performance this time :P)

Angels, cant add much to what fish said - they have the potential just need to use it.

1up, damn my old friends - still the best alliance in my view (all rounds accumulated). you guys certainly rock.

lch - at first i was amazed by their "rebuild" but in the end it wasnt taht 'shiny' taken into account how you achieved what you did. But seems you are getting atleast #1 and maybe #2 planet (if my intel isnt fully ****ed up). But still hope you guys play strong the next rounds.

the other alliances down to rank 13 look all pretty even and its good that there were so many even alliances.
(positive here in my view Rock, you are in eye to eye to the top 10 alliances) and i hope ToF will make top 10

The REAL best alliances this round were Penis-alliance and Reunion. (thx Dunkelgraf for your clippers a few days ago :P)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*

Last edited by Legator; 20 Dec 2005 at 20:41.
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:32   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Not really critisizing. If he wanted to do that I'm sure that it would also be the main point of his post, but instead he actually congratulated them on a deserved victory (still 3 days left :eek: ).
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:32   #11
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is not to flame ND, but as eXi DC i saw more tactics and experienced attacking from Angels side then from ND's. For example the first night when ND launched at eXi, we mainly lost so much because 1up and Angels targeted us aswell. for the remaining week when 1up and Angel attacks laid back a bit you weren't able to crack a big enough hole in our defences, whereas around the 28th of november after about 2 weeks of heavy angel incomings we had it way tougher and a few ppl started to quit.

Still kudo's to ND for playing the politics the way you did and you guys put up one hell of a fight!
Same for Angels and 1up ofcourse! (And the other allies ofcourse, but cba to name all )

You guys really made my first round in Planetarion one to remember, it has been and still is really AWESOME! Thanks alot!

[edit]Have to say ND was a great pain in the ass in the late mornings, their fleetcatches were a big stress everytime Keep those going :P

Last edited by Stoom; 20 Dec 2005 at 20:40.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:37   #12
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
as eXi DC

You guys really made my first round in Planetarion one to remember, it has been and still is really AWESOME! Thanks alot!
This is something I REALLY think Exilition need a big for. Bringing new players into the game, accomodating them and helping integrate them in is in my view something that deserves far more respect than winning a round.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:37   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

gratz.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:39   #14
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
You don't think your command team should bear some of that blame, do you?
Not really, I think ND played their hand perfectly, but when it came down to it quite a lot of the members didn't have the balls for a fight. If you can't be bothered when you are winning, when can you? Actions will be taken to ensure things change for R17.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:41   #15
The_Fish
ND

Also, a special mention to Rob, fantastic achievement ending t100 whilst being allianceless all round and rarely (never?) sending defence.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 20:42   #16
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

indeed, though he might be new to pa ;-) most aree merely moving over from inferior copies, better for the game for them to be here, even if it means that the older players get a pounding. atleast they have to work harder for a victory.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 21:04   #17
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

Just wanna say that ND, Angels, 1up and the rest who hit us played really well too, and kept the round wide open to the end.

IMO, was one of the really fun rounds whereby we all commited till the end of the round

p.s. the round is still not over
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 22:02   #18
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point

Although i joined eXilition late into the round, it was still a great fight for number one. This is probably one of the best finishs, i have been with.

Thanks again ND for the battles, and everyone else.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 22:25   #19
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

<Forest_away> does anyone else find it obscene that nd are making 'congatulations to exil for winning' posts.
<Forest_away> talk about hoisting the white flag :/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 22:26   #20
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
<Forest_away> does anyone else find it obscene that nd are making 'congatulations to exil for winning' posts.
sad but true
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 22:35   #21
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a little strange to me that VGN is mentioned as a big factor.

VGN has mostly done galaxy-wide raids, with about 3-5 raids directed at the enemies of exi.
(I think my intel here is pretty accurate)

However, I am critical towards the leadership of the likes of VGN and Subh. How happy were your members about the choices, or didnt you tell them at all?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 22:39   #22
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
<Forest_away> <Ska|work> hahahaha
<Forest_away> <Ska|work> true story
<Forest_away> <Forest_away> plenty of grazing cows on my landscape :/
<Forest_away> <Forest_away> fat ugly ones :/
<Ska|work> and for the record, thats not something I would admit Forest :/
<Forest_away>

I just though Id *cough* complete the conversation for uh the sake of being um thorough.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 22:41   #23
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Some ppl call it good sportmanship. NDs not being bitter as some might have been and I am not going to name ppl.

ND played well and it isnt that often I pay them a compliment.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 22:46   #24
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies
Some ppl call it good sportmanship. NDs not being bitter as some might have been and I am not going to name ppl.

ND played well and it isnt that often I pay them a compliment.
Indeed, and I have no problem with that, but at least wait till the end of the round. It is still playing, and although its very probable that exi have won, why give up now?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 23:19   #25
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

nicely done fish

and forest it's called good political sense for next round.

saying next round is not worth anything is not true tho it's same as saying a summer round doesn't count. it's plain bullshit. it's called adapting and it would be a shame if alliances back out for that.

anyways gate you say 2 military powers (seeing as angels could be third) i wonder how you mean that as tbh angels/exi/1up fought damn hard all round long tbh and each 3 made big dents on their own attacks (which is what i've seen from exi and what exi bc's/members have told me.) So i think they already are quite a good military alliance. just ND/exi played the round better politically.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 23:26   #26
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
It's a little strange to me that VGN is mentioned as a big factor.
VGN has mostly done galaxy-wide raids, with about 3-5 raids directed at the enemies of exi.
(I think my intel here is pretty accurate)
However, I am critical towards the leadership of the likes of VGN and Subh. How happy were your members about the choices, or didnt you tell them at all?
I can't speak for VGN, however to a fair degree members moods and feelings did have a fair bit to play in subh's direction. fighting a war/campaign with un/demotivated members doesnt do you any favours. As with decisions like NAPing with exil you have to keep it under wraps for bit due to spys/leaks etc. From what I could gather from the majority of the members it was 1 less inc to worry about. When you find that the ally gets mass incs one night and have the intel. When I get asked "what ally hit us last night" And I reply "X did." I didnt get "oh shit were doomed" It was "when they getting fked over Pais."

Revenge is a powerful motivator but must also be balanced with good military/political strategy.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 23:52   #27
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
anyways gate you say 2 military powers (seeing as angels could be third) i wonder how you mean that as tbh angels/exi/1up fought damn hard all round long tbh and each 3 made big dents on their own attacks (which is what i've seen from exi and what exi bc's/members have told me.) So i think they already are quite a good military alliance. just ND/exi played the round better politically.
Yep.
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 00:01   #28
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah lets all big each other up before the round has even ended.

I thoroughly disapprove (not that it matters)
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 00:03   #29
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
anyways gate you say 2 military powers (seeing as angels could be third) i wonder how you mean that as tbh angels/exi/1up fought damn hard all round long tbh and each 3 made big dents on their own attacks (which is what i've seen from exi and what exi bc's/members have told me.) So i think they already are quite a good military alliance.
Angels have excellent activity, members, officers etc, just that their tactics when hitting ND reduced the damage we suffered significantly.

Early fakes that recalled the moment they reached eta7 will not work if there is an active DC/BC in the enemy alliance. If genuine fake attacks had been mixed in with the real attacks, we would have been genuinely screwed over as the fakes which were 'covered' could have continued until a much lower eta, meaning we would have far less fleetslots available to defend the real waves. As it was, by 2am one night, every single one of angels' first wave fleets had recalled, and pretty much every single ND fleetslot was sitting at home waiting for the main waves, compared to a respectable number of angels fleetslots being pinned down for the rest of the night, and a pair of decent sized planets being roided by our retals.

Do not take this as an insult; it is genuinely meant to be positive criticism, and if you don't take steps to try and improve your abilities to fight a war, it's only you that loses out.

Maybe Angels fixed this later in the round, but IMO, you will find it very difficult to defeat an active and motivated opposition by sheer brute force...
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 00:50   #30
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Pa:N will start as round 16.

Atleast after what I got.
The free round will be something like R15.5

And yes, eXi you played well. Even tho we dont like your tactics its valid.

You beat us. Congratz.
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 00:56   #31
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

nice post The_Fish... gl next round

no im not ex
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 01:09   #32
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Angels have excellent activity, members, officers etc, just that their tactics when hitting ND reduced the damage we suffered significantly.

Early fakes that recalled the moment they reached eta7 will not work if there is an active DC/BC in the enemy alliance. If genuine fake attacks had been mixed in with the real attacks, we would have been genuinely screwed over as the fakes which were 'covered' could have continued until a much lower eta, meaning we would have far less fleetslots available to defend the real waves. As it was, by 2am one night, every single one of angels' first wave fleets had recalled, and pretty much every single ND fleetslot was sitting at home waiting for the main waves, compared to a respectable number of angels fleetslots being pinned down for the rest of the night, and a pair of decent sized planets being roided by our retals.

Do not take this as an insult; it is genuinely meant to be positive criticism, and if you don't take steps to try and improve your abilities to fight a war, it's only you that loses out.

Maybe Angels fixed this later in the round, but IMO, you will find it very difficult to defeat an active and motivated opposition by sheer brute force...
This happened for 2-3 nights only, as i wanted to try and stretch your dc's and make them tired, with recall resending, as soon as targets was released, it worked pretty effectively, not as effectively as i would of liked but none the less a tactic i attempted, It wasnt really a fake attack, as i asked each attacker to compile 2 fleets of similar numbers and send, recall send 2nd fleet next tick, and continure to do so all night until the actual LT occured. I wasnt a great fan of the fake attacks as you could easily spot them a mile away, as we had them on us all round, and we barely defended fake attacks where we felt it wasnt neccessary this allowed us to effectively defend more roids over the whole night. Although saying that fake attacks were effective and we did use them often, and we'd had fleets on the go round te clock. I know your only experience of the tactic we used was against you, but it was the only time we used it, and barely used it at that.

I also only used this step when i knew you were recieving incommings from other alliances. With exi and others we used different approaches. From my experience a daytime launch seemed to be very effective, it's a shame i only got to test this vs subh
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 01:43   #33
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

i thought the round finishes on friday

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 03:26   #34
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Thanks ND, this is a better congrats thread than the last one (-;

A nice and very intense round indeed and I think the real winners of the round are the people who didn't quit or shipjump as being loyal and playing for their alliance brings out the BEST in players.
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 05:05   #35
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Good honest post fish. Yeah, A lot of things can't be denied, but noone can say that it wasn't a good round. Newdawn was a good #2 this round. Would have been a better #1 though. GG all.
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 05:11   #36
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

eXiltion played a good round and it was impressive to see them attack and defend so well. I often was on the end of both. This round is a better win for eXil than round 13. They showed great teamplay and perserverence. Not only that but there werent massive blocks. Yes they may of had support alliances but that is irrelevent at the end of the day. If a block is part of the winning combination of what it takes to win then maybe other alliances should of been less politically naive and taken that route (although im glad many didnt and it lead to a rather balanced round).

This round it feels as though ive got to know a fair few exil members, through attacking them, being attacked and them posting more on the forums. Its a pleasure to see eXiltion integrate more and become integrated more with the community of planetarion.

For me the best alliance won. In my eyes after 1up eXiltion is the best alliance around proving once again they have what it takes. Congratulations, I hope to see you next round.
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 09:09   #37
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Congratulations eXilition

Congratz :xmas:

( since i wasnt playing this rnd i feel i can give one too )

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 11:21   #38
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

Verry good post Fish.

Indeed this was a verry intens and close round. I was surprised with the performance of ND and Angels.
Congrats to everyone who saw this round to a finish and who indeed stick with there alliance threw the hard times as much as the good times. They are indeed the real winners.

After this round I expect indeed to see an even better Angels and ND kicking some ass here and there and winning a round perhaps. They certainly deserve a win in my eyes.

As for 1up... For me you always have been a winning alliance and fairly tuff to beat. Nothing has changed in my respect for you guys.

Hoping to see next round be as fun as this one.

eXilition
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 11:47   #39
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post The_Fish, and I can only join you in congratulating Exilition with their well deserved victory.

Eventhough I strongly dislike the way ND played (let's not get into that), you guys are nonetheless a deserved #2 and what Gate says makes sence. There is more to a war then sheer brute force. I think that's a good lesson Angels have learnt and will take with them to the next round.

Nonetheless I believe we played a great round on all fronts (including politics). We've been put in a difficult situation where we had to fight 2 unrelated wars to entain our position.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 21 Dec 2005 at 12:11.
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 16:39   #40
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

ND done what every1 expected them to do and im sad about it
even with help of 1up and Angels they couldnt keep their big score advantage and roids
only good sign of ND were the fleetcatches like some1 already mentioned before

1up+ Angels had a great fight with exil + support but this was a very unthankfull round for any DC and also for the morale of all of the members.
only better thing exilition done were the politics, rest was pretty even.
And there was few deciding points in this round. at some point even exil DCs left rooms without cba to do the def any longer.

whats sad on this round is that number decided everything, you have no problem as FR xan hitting another xan twice your size. not to forget that u can "increase" ur fleet by faking.

Exil see you next round hopefully on the battlefield, hope u dont pass again a round in hope that ppl will forget ur win (as some ppl already say). and lets hope the stats are more balanced next round

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 22:27   #41
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, very much appreciate a lot of the comments here. The last eight weeks have been far more intense than anything I've witnessed in the last two rounds (bwtmc). The balance and uncertainty has been brilliant, it's what we all play for, or at least hope to.

Kaifux & bwtmc.

I'll comment about the alliances played an active (or inactive) part in this round at the end on friday - In general every alliance has played positively and constructively which has been great.

Bring on next round.

bwtmc.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 06:53   #42
Kalie

Kalie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
This is not to flame ND, but as eXi DC i saw more tactics and experienced attacking from Angels side then from ND's. For example the first night when ND launched at eXi, we mainly lost so much because 1up and Angels targeted us aswell. for the remaining week when 1up and Angel attacks laid back a bit you weren't able to crack a big enough hole in our defences, whereas around the 28th of november after about 2 weeks of heavy angel incomings we had it way tougher and a few ppl started to quit.
Thank you. I told ND that they shouldnt attack us or eXi will win. My predictation came true.
Rather saw ND win than eXi but :P shit happens. I posted on AD again shit shouldnt do it anymore! PEACE OUT!

I am not ViruS Irvine I am the [FAnG]Irvine + [Angels]Irvine

-=Proud to be FAnG=- + -=Proud to be Angels=-
Kalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 07:10   #43
Kalie

Kalie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we fought most of the round but there is a point when you are battered. If you guys can count Angels lost the most roids this round. After the second big hit of eXi and ND things were changing. I have to say it's the activity which was dropping. Well it wasnt fun to have 5 allies hitting you 2-3 nites in a row with more than 300 def calls each nite. Stats utterly nubbed. But anyways I posted again on AD really should not post anymore. Congrats eXi <--- YUK I could get it from my mouth

I am not ViruS Irvine I am the [FAnG]Irvine + [Angels]Irvine

-=Proud to be FAnG=- + -=Proud to be Angels=-
Kalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 07:14   #44
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalie
Thank you. I told ND that they shouldnt attack us or eXi will win. My predictation came true.
Rather saw ND win than eXi but :P shit happens. I posted on AD again shit shouldnt do it anymore! PEACE OUT!
Didn't Angels start a war with ND? :/
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 07:41   #45
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:

this made me sooo rofl.
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 08:48   #46
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalie
Yes we fought most of the round but there is a point when you are battered. If you guys can count Angels lost the most roids this round. After the second big hit of eXi and ND things were changing. I have to say it's the activity which was dropping. Well it wasnt fun to have 5 allies hitting you 2-3 nites in a row with more than 300 def calls each nite. Stats utterly nubbed. But anyways I posted again on AD really should not post anymore. Congrats eXi <--- YUK I could get it from my mouth
Actually Kalie, I did the math one day from sandmans and looked over total round roids and total lost roids from each alliances known coords, and eX had lost more by a margin of 15,000 roids. I estimate my margin of error to be +/- ~5k roids from intel, etc.. This round was very fluid roidswise which is why XP was such a big factor. I only checked 1up, Angels and eXilition though (no offense to others). Anyway, if alliances are wiling to give coordlists at end of round, I'd be more than happy to calculate the exact numbers.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:45   #47
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
Didn't Angels start a war with ND? :/
NewDawn opened hostilities with Angels and then later in the round with eXilition. We did not fencesit, we just picked wars when we wanted to.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:48   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NewDawn opened hostilities with Angels and then later in the round with eXilition. We did not fencesit, we just picked wars when we wanted to.
Hehe, you just chose to make sure you only started doing this wen 75% of the round was over

And I think the war between Angels and ND started both sides and was bound to happen nway.

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:57   #49
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Hehe, you just chose to make sure you only started doing this wen 75% of the round was over

And I think the war between Angels and ND started both sides and was bound to happen nway.
heh, why does it matter when we decided to join a war? It is OUR decision, unless someone smacks us around for a bit. Just because we didn't help Angels win you assume everything bad about us.

The first time we smacked you around a bit, you were rank 1. You were then whining on AD about us not making things fair. We then stopped, and you still whine about how we are fencesitters.

Kj, the problem here is that we did nothing to help Angels win. We didn't want Angels to win, we wanted NewDawn to win. We did everything to strengthen our cause (it wasn't enough in the end, but it was a good effort) and you are angry and bitter that we didn't give you a chance of victory. But quite frankly Kj, why should we?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 11:22   #50
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
heh, why does it matter when we decided to join a war? It is OUR decision, unless someone smacks us around for a bit. Just because we didn't help Angels win you assume everything bad about us.

The first time we smacked you around a bit, you were rank 1. You were then whining on AD about us not making things fair. We then stopped, and you still whine about how we are fencesitters.

Kj, the problem here is that we did nothing to help Angels win. We didn't want Angels to win, we wanted NewDawn to win. We did everything to strengthen our cause (it wasn't enough in the end, but it was a good effort) and you are angry and bitter that we didn't give you a chance of victory. But quite frankly Kj, why should we?
I don't think ND caused us not to win this round. It's more of a combined forces and combined situations and actions that caused us not to win.

Ofcourse I know you play for ND only, that's what I'd expect you to do. What my concern was is that we were fighting Exi and we were doing great untill suddenly a heap more alliances targetted us. If it'd have been 1up or LCH instead of ND, I'd be annoyed aswell.

And well, I think ND played too much on politics and counted too much on what OTHERS do and on the strength of other alliances, counting on the wars between others. That's all nice and dandy but I'd like to count on Angels strength and only that. Like Gate said, "sheer brute force" is not enough to win a war

I guess I have to deal with that aswell and take it to next round. Maybe we were abit naïve thinking our military strength and other assets were enough.

FA Gaming community