User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:23   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Kingmakers

Someone must be kingmaking ND to the top this round, own up now and we wont wont thrash you in public
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:28   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Kingmakers

I hear ND's members have had a small something to do with their performance this round but frankly I'll put that down to wild conjecture and inane speculation and instead I'll randomly credit 1up with getting ND the top spot this round as payback for r12.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:32   #3
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Paging Forest to this thread.

You are refering to the channel called #kingmakers I assume, Rinoa?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:35   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I hear ND's members have had a small something to do with their performance this round but frankly I'll put that down to wild conjecture and inane speculation and instead I'll randomly credit 1up with getting ND the top spot this round as payback for r12.
is this the same 1up whose intel has them believe that the rock planet they keep targetting is exil?

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:36   #5
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
may as well say what everyones been thinking...

Ive been informed the 1up propaganda brigade will be 10 mins late, there car brokedown and none of them had the basic life skills to change a tire. damn that internet living
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:53   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
may as well say what everyones been thinking...

Ive been informed the 1up propaganda brigade will be 10 mins late, there car brokedown and none of them had the basic life skills to change a tire. damn that internet living
When I was writing my reply the way I selected 1up was by opening the alliances screen on pilkara, closing my eyes and randomly stabbing the screen with my index finger. Just to let you know. Your post seems rather vitriol filled I must say. I don't think they've attacked ND much this round, but then again who has? Angels, 1up and exilition were considered the more dangerous alliances and as such have spent the round attacking whoever appeared most dangerous. Maybe ND are better than everyone else this round. So far they have certainly played their cards right in a rather delicate alliance-situation.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:54   #7
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Hehe. You really make that salute unfunny. It used to be funny.
I do beleive that the actions of other alliances have helped Newdawn, but I doubt anyone can claim that "they" helped Newdawn. If you know what I mean. Maybe post "Newdawn are doing well" some boneheads then tried to help them or something. I can only speculate.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 04:00   #8
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't think they've attacked ND much this round, but then again who has? Angels, 1up and exilition were considered the more dangerous alliances and as such have spent the round attacking whoever appeared most dangerous. Maybe ND are better than everyone else this round. So far they have certainly played their cards right in a rather delicate alliance-situation.
Agree with this train-of-thought completely. I figure its a matter of opinion if solid political moves insured that your alliance would win, and surely Newdawn have displayed as such this round. (though the "balls" in this strategy has been questioned) Technically, in a fight to the death, I would take versatility over brute stregnth.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 04:10   #9
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

i think you both missed the joke i was making at ND being made King at the 2nd attempt. Yes ,round 12 was a low for ND when they got beaten by an alliance who started out trying to hand them round on a plate., but they look to have recovered well and have a chane of winning a round, albeit at the 15th attempt. I think they are playing at a level above what was expected at them and i think LCH and Vengeance are the only other two playing better than pre round estimates.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 04:22   #10
Chika

but people estimated that Newdawn would prosper if they could avoid strong dead on incoming. Right?
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 04:26   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
i think you both missed the joke i was making at ND being made King at the 2nd attempt. Yes ,round 12 was a low for ND when they got beaten by an alliance who started out trying to hand them round on a plate., but they look to have recovered well and have a chane of winning a round, albeit at the 15th attempt. I think they are playing at a level above what was expected at them and i think LCH and Vengeance are the only other two playing better than pre round estimates.
I would not advise a career as a stand-up comedian. I don't think ND are playing that far above expectations this round, most people expected them to be top four and for the top four to be very close, which it has been and still is between the top three. Nor would I say they are winning a round at the 15th attempt. For many of those rounds they were very much a community orientated alliance not all that interested in winning a round at all costs. I wouldn't say it's a "kingmaking" scenario either, more of a top due to lack of incoming for whatever reason situation ala r6 (or maybe that wasn't the case with r6 but I imagine my point is clear enough nonetheless). Credit due to LCH and VGN who are doing rather well though. VGN have always been a solid alliance and LCH have bounced back rather well from the nastiness of last round.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 04:27   #12
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Paging Forest to this thread.

You are refering to the channel called #kingmakers I assume, Rinoa?

nah dont think so. #kingmakers was an chan used for a group of people who felt like owning a small crappy little game thats inhabbited primarily by noobs and hopeless retards.... i.e almost all pa clones
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 04:38   #13
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think maybe ND are just the best alliance. Thats what sandmans and my universe screen says. Props to them for getting there and props to them if they stay there and keep #1 god knows its overdue.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 05:12   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

It really is overdue that NewDawn is winning a round. Granted, I wasnt very happy with them after round 13, but the way they rebuilt in round 14 and the way they have behaved and played in round 15 really makes them deserve their top position.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 06:12   #15
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Have i missed somthing ?

I thought that this round was still going on. Perhaps i was mistaken

I always thought that it wasnt over till the fat lady sang and i dont hear any signing. Theirs still all to play for and leading at this point doisnt garantee victory theirs still another 20 ish days to play. Better to make this kind of post whenthey have actually won rather than now when nothing is decided
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 06:44   #16
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

yea, newdawn plays very well, thumbs up for them

never thought they would be able to win it but im happy they proved me wrong
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 07:09   #17
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

I should have mabey said congrats to ND on the round they have played so far

I didnt mean to sound nasty and take away from the sterling performance you guys and gals have put in this round

But you havnt won yet
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 07:12   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
is this the same 1up whose intel has them believe that the rock planet they keep targetting is exil?

OUCH!!

holy rep talk isn't allowed batman

on the matter of kingmakers: Im fairly sure ND got there because they napped everyone else and sort of fenced their way

Last edited by lokken; 5 Dec 2005 at 11:05.
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 08:17   #19
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point

about time to close this game down then, now an alliance that has been around for all rounds are finally on the brink of winning one
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 08:50   #20
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Oh noes not again that kingmaker bullshit, what happened after round 6, everyone turned imbecile or something?
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 09:39   #21
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

ND is #1 because they fence sat the entire round. That is the reason they're #1 and the funny thing is, the ND pple I've talked to don't even deny that fact.

Well done !!

P.S. Mind you they've not won yet and the round still lasts 3 weeks.

P.P.S. No disrespect to the very few pple in ND I respect, nothing personal.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 5 Dec 2005 at 10:05.
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 10:50   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

ND didnt really have to do much with how the political situation occured, it was practically laid out before them
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 10:54   #23
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
ND didnt really have to do much with how the political situation occured, it was practically laid out before them
Thanks to Exil. Thier lack of having an open mind opened the doors for a lot of alliances besides 1up. Maybe exil are the true kingmakers. (Doesn't mean ND should thank them for the help. More like thank them for having a huge ego)
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 11:36   #24
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Thanks to Exil. Thier lack of having an open mind opened the doors for a lot of alliances besides 1up. Maybe exil are the true kingmakers. (Doesn't mean ND should thank them for the help. More like thank them for having a huge ego)
hey its the big/small "brother" guy. why would eXi be more responsible then angels/1up? oh rite you have been in both so you seem kinda biased. wasnt it like eXi twatting 1up, angels taking the perfect oppurtinty to go after eXi as they are in war and ND taking the lead?

what game are you playing bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 11:44   #25
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Meh, another one of these threads, let's bring out the usual lines...

Quote:
NewDawn is evil!
Quote:
eXilition are cheat0rs!
Quote:
Angels will win a round by themselves, someday!
Gate is too fluffy for NewDawn to be evil so clearly all the statements above are false.

As for how well VGN are doing this round - after a pretty dire round 13, we pulled ourselves together well for Round 14, conslidating what we did well and casting aside our weaknesses. Tides of Fire should probably take note of what we did - we fought hard with a low member count and forced our way into the top 10.

This round - some great recruiting, some awesome attacking and an incredible community spirit sees VGN surge to 6th. Guys and girls of VGN - great work.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:06   #26
Haarken
Faithful Pony

Haarken is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
ND is #1 because they fence sat the entire round. That is the reason they're #1 and the funny thing is, the ND pple I've talked to don't even deny that fact.
Would you care to suggest what strategy we should have used or would you at least acknowledge the fact that NewDawn had no choice but to stay independent of both sides?

It seems to me that if NewDawn had intervened on the side of 1UP/Angels that eXilition would have been bashed out of the game and whilst that would be preferable to some people it doesn't seem to be the honourable choice. If we had intervened on the eXilition side we would have had to fight a block war against 1UP and Angels, if eXilition had won we would have been accussed of helping "the evil cheaters" win*. If we had taken on 1UP/Angels with a third group, we would have helped eXi, if we had taken on eXi with a third group we would have helped 1UP/Angels.

Seems to me that by staying independent and keeping both eXi and Angels in contention for first place the round has remained fairly interesting, of course it has been advantageous for us to take this course of action but then who would willing choose to take a disadvatageous course anyway?**

Haarken

*Not that I am saying they are cheaters, I havent seen any proof of that at all.
** All opinions expressed are my own and are in no way reflective of the thinking of NewDawn or NewDawn HC (As if anyone could seriously understand their thinking anyway )
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:28   #27
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:

Well done !!
Pot - Kettle - Black
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:29   #28
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haarken
Would you care to suggest what strategy we should have used or would you at least acknowledge the fact that NewDawn had no choice but to stay independent of both sides?

It seems to me that if NewDawn had intervened on the side of 1UP/Angels that eXilition would have been bashed out of the game and whilst that would be preferable to some people it doesn't seem to be the honourable choice. If we had intervened on the eXilition side we would have had to fight a block war against 1UP and Angels, if eXilition had won we would have been accussed of helping "the evil cheaters" win*. If we had taken on 1UP/Angels with a third group, we would have helped eXi, if we had taken on eXi with a third group we would have helped 1UP/Angels.

Seems to me that by staying independent and keeping both eXi and Angels in contention for first place the round has remained fairly interesting, of course it has been advantageous for us to take this course of action but then who would willing choose to take a disadvatageous course anyway?**

Haarken

*Not that I am saying they are cheaters, I havent seen any proof of that at all.
** All opinions expressed are my own and are in no way reflective of the thinking of NewDawn or NewDawn HC (As if anyone could seriously understand their thinking anyway )
I don't really care what options you had or did not had ... The fact remains you're #1 by doing nothing, by fencesitting, because other alliances actually fight to win this round. Because you never got hit, because you had a free walk, because you basicly did nothing that would justify your position or even remotely deserve it.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:31   #29
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Pot - Kettle - Black
Not really ...

I've learned from our mistakes in r13. But if ND wins then it's clear that fencesitting is the new way to win PA and that'd be an insult to any self respecting alliance.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:35   #30
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't really care what options you had or did not had ... The fact remains you're #1 by doing nothing, by fencesitting, because other alliances actually fight to win this round. Because you never got hit, because you had a free walk, because you basicly did nothing that would justify your position or even remotely deserve it.
Gee, I'm sorry - this IS planetarion we're playing isn't it?

See, last time I checked, the objective of alliances in PA was to reach as high a ranking as possible.

If ND's politics have paid off and they've risen above the other alliances, then surely they are playing well?

There isn't anything in the rules that says "All alliances must fight each other to the bitter end and declare war!".

ND have reached the top fairly and squarely. Just because you screwed up your chances of #1 by declaring wars you can't handle, doesn't mean they should.

If we're going to discuss honour, maybe you should ask yourself why Angels napped an alliance, then a day into the nap decided to attack that alliance? Doesn't sound very honourable to me Kjel.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:41   #31
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Not really ...

I've learned from our mistakes in r13. But if ND wins then it's clear that fencesitting is the new way to win PA and that'd be an insult to any self respecting alliance.
Remind me again, how long have Angels and ND been NAPed?
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:47   #32
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
Remind me again, how long have Angels and ND been NAPed?
All I can say is that there never was a NAP. Sure there was a mixup situation due to misscommunication on both ends ... but a NAP has never been taken place or accepted by Angels Command.

And Tomkat, you're wrong. pm me on IRC if you wanna discuss why. It's not like we deliberatly attacked ND, but if you fight a war with exi and some fencesitters are running away with it, what the fk are we suppose to do? Let them run away and stand by watching? No, Angels want to win this round and doesn't settle for anything less.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:51   #33
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

lol jk your haterd towards ND seems to get worse every round doesnt matter if ND win, lose, moan, fencesit or whatever you allways have a probley with what ND do which is kinda funny
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:52   #34
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

I think ND strategy to win is:

Having a big fleet and lots of roids
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 13:55   #35
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast
lol jk your haterd towards ND seems to get worse every round doesnt matter if ND win, lose, moan, fencesit or whatever you allways have a probley with what ND do which is kinda funny
Not really, I'm on very good terms with some ND pple like Gate and Fishboy. In the past I've been really harsh towards ND, I admit, yet last round they earned alot of respect from me (due to Gate mainly) ...

Sadly that's all gone now

This however does not change my relationship with pple like Gate

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 14:03   #36
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
All I can say is that there never was a NAP. Sure there was a mixup situation due to misscommunication on both ends ... but a NAP has never been taken place or accepted by Angels Command.
Hey, that sounds familar.. That was exactly what Angels did in round 13 to NoS.. I guess history repeats itself and Angels shows once again that they are not to be trusted..
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 14:30   #37
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Then what fence were they sitting on? One you could've pushed them off at any point. ND preyed on your* desire to win. You knew that if you didn't hit EX, you wouldn't have a chance to win. They bet on you and 1up hitting EX and won, at least so far.

Quote:
It's not like we deliberatly attacked ND, but if you fight a war with exi and some fencesitters are running away with it, what the fk are we suppose to do? Let them run away and stand by watching? No, Angels want to win this round and doesn't settle for anything less.
From where I was sitting, ND weren't so much running away with it as growing fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Hey, that sounds familar.. That was exactly what Angels did in round 13 to NoS.. I guess history repeats itself and Angels shows once again that they are not to be trusted..
Not really. In r13 Angels had a NAP with EX and a NAP with 1up. That was an actual fence. And Kjel seems to state that Angels have progressed since then. Given their behavior this round, I believe him. No point in flogging this particular dead horse anymore then, is there?

* In the sense of Angels, not you Kjeldoran.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 14:47   #38
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Kjel, the point of this game is to win, right ? Imo it doesn't matter how you win the round as long as you don't cheat.

Imagine that angels would be #1 and they were in the same political situation than ND and had done the things same way as they have, would you complain then ? I doupt it, so if you could just shut up and do something about it if you really care that much.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 14:49   #39
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
Then what fence were they sitting on? One you could've pushed them off at any point. ND preyed on your* desire to win. You knew that if you didn't hit EX, you wouldn't have a chance to win. They bet on you and 1up hitting EX and won, at least so far.

From where I was sitting, ND weren't so much running away with it as growing fat.

Not really. In r13 Angels had a NAP with EX and a NAP with 1up. That was an actual fence. And Kjel seems to state that Angels have progressed since then. Given their behavior this round, I believe him. No point in flogging this particular dead horse anymore then, is there?

* In the sense of Angels, not you Kjeldoran.
Well maybe you should look at it from my point of view. We've prepared this round into the smallest detail, I don't think an alliance has prepared their round better then Angels.

We have and still are aggresively fighting to win this round, and then it's frustrating that all your work has been for nothing because another alliance gambled on your efforts and runs away with it.

But the round has not ended yet, don't think for a second that we throw in the towel cause that's not gonna happen.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 14:49   #40
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
It's difficult to know who's who when they're all attacking or defending together. It's also difficult to understand why we should care about the specifics of who it is when they are blatently hostile.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 14:50   #41
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Kjel, the point of this game is to win, right ? Imo it doesn't matter how you win the round as long as you don't cheat.

Imagine that angels would be #1 and they were in the same political situation than ND and had done the things same way as they have, would you complain then ? I doupt it, so if you could just shut up and do something about it if you really care that much.
You're a complete retard and idiot if you don't think we're trying to do something about it ....

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:15   #42
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
last round they earned alot of respect from me ...

Sadly that's all gone now
I think I speak for all of ND when I say that we all will be crying uncontrollably into our pillows tonight at that awful news.

Quote:
Well maybe you should look at it from my point of view. We've prepared this round into the smallest detail, I don't think an alliance has prepared their round better then Angels.
And yet you're still #2?
Even with all that preparation?

So in other words what you're saying is... "we tried as hard as we could and prepared as best we could, yet still we could only reach 2nd" am i rite

I know you must be pretty annoyed that your political stance didn't pay off this round, and ND's did. But to tell them that they're fencesitters is just silly. ND are not obliged to join in any war.
Usually doing that would mean they'd be pushed down the ranks, as one side started to gain some foothold. This round though, it has paid off.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:19   #43
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

I will attack ALL OF YOU.

then we'll see whose bum is sore from sitting on the fence.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:20   #44
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're a complete retard and idiot if you don't think we're trying to do something about it ....
Just a quick look at sandmans shows that over the past few days NewDawn seem to have been growing in roids not losing??

So i conclude that either :
a. your attacking them full force - just not very well (which would seem to imply that they can handle ur inc nps - a fact that i cant see is true)
or
b. your not attacking them? relying on sumone else to kill them? or sending them light inc?

So which is it? what are u "trying to do about it"??
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:26   #45
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
And yet you're still #2?
Even with all that preparation?

So in other words what you're saying is... "we tried as hard as we could and prepared as best we could, yet still we could only reach 2nd" am i rite
You make it a point to missread what pple say? Ifnot then you should re-read a post a few times before commentng on it.

I'm not even gonna answer your question really ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:28   #46
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You make it a point to missread what pple say? Ifnot then you should re-read a post a few times before commentng on it.

I'm not even gonna answer your question really ...
Dude - he quoted you. That makes it hard to misread.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:29   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Just a quick look at sandmans shows that over the past few days NewDawn seem to have been growing in roids not losing??

So i conclude that either :
a. your attacking them full force - just not very well (which would seem to imply that they can handle ur inc nps - a fact that i cant see is true)
or
b. your not attacking them? relying on sumone else to kill them? or sending them light inc?

So which is it? what are u "trying to do about it"??
pm me if you need details, not gonna talk about that subject on AD.

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:32   #48
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
pm me if you need details, not gonna talk about that subject on AD.
I would have done but you are no-where to be seen
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:33   #49
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Dude - he quoted you. That makes it hard to misread.
misread = miss understand ...

you knew that ...

But just nevermind all of this. I guess I fail to bring across what I mean. I'll quit posting in this thread. If there are pple who genuinly wanna know more details, they'll pm me rather then provoking and deliberatly trying not to understand my point.

My mistake !

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 15:35   #50
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I'll quit posting in this thread.
finally!!!
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote