User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 12:54   #151
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Give 1up some respect....

!end flaming
!begin rational discussion
!send money to JBG
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 13:03   #152
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
my point is: this cheating stuff is totally hilarious ...
The rest of your posts are complete rubbish but I agree 100% with your statement that this stuff about cheating is hilarious. It is, and it will remain a bunch of assumption, rumours and even a JOKE if ...

a: pple don't back up their assumptions with actual proof.
b: pple claim they got valid proof but don't give it free cause it might expose a friend.

This behavior is what makes these cheating accusations one big joke.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 13:32   #153
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
The rest of your posts are complete rubbish but I agree 100% with your statement that this stuff about cheating is hilarious. It is, and it will remain a bunch of assumption, rumours and even a JOKE if ...

a: pple don't back up their assumptions with actual proof.
b: pple claim they got valid proof but don't give it free cause it might expose a friend.

This behavior is what makes these cheating accusations one big joke.
Just a bunch of propaganda so they wouldn't lose their über-status, anyone that can beat 1up must be cheating right

ps: i speak for myself not tof as i'm not even in tof atm
ps2: there go my green blobs

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 14:02   #154
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
in order for you to credibly claim 1up are being used as flak you need to prove that they are being told to target specific gals for the benefit of another alliance.
you also need to prove that these same gals were not targetted for a better reason - such as roid counts
furthermore you have to prove that 1up hc are subserviant - obeying commands from others ( and knowing the egos involved this ones a little far fetched )

until you have the ability to do both of these things, its a little premature dont you think to accuse someone of being merely used as flak - infact its little more then a mediocre attempt at excusing exilitions inability to defend its members completely
Who are you to tell me what I need to to make valid claims?
I see the inc run in every night, don't I?

And where is all the credibiltiy in the claims about our extensive VNC \ bot use?

Also I'd like to add that your post speaks for itself and how little you know of recent ally warfare, there is no hitting of galaxies, the top allies have been hiting (except ND) eachother for some time now, direct planet hits, and you can be used as flak either by a) you get told to hit something, and the other ally moves in ticks later b) ally B got an spy in ally A, they figure out the LT's, and knows to some part who they will hit. they decide to go in a few ticks after.

Whether they were used as flak by method a or b doesn't really matter, and I don't think Sid is setting up his agenda to what I say on AD, it was rather a gloat through whats been played out so far.

I preferr giving people a chance to prove themselves, but you my sir just proved out to be just the prick I heard you were.

And really I'm here for personal agenda issues, I'm bored and need something to do, I'm not here to make excuses for why EXilition can't cover all their calls, now then what ally have achieved that anyway?

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 14:13   #155
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
Who are you to tell me what I need to to make valid claims?
telling != suggesting, you would be wise to heed suggestions of what you need when making wild accusations such as those without looking stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhead
And where is all the credibiltiy in the claims about our extensive VNC \ bot use?
ask the people making them. the bot usage one from pia that i made is well known about and i believe there were screenshots as part of the investigation on it out there somewhere.
Quote:
you can be used as flak either by a) you get told to hit something, and the other ally moves in ticks later b) ally B got an spy in ally A, they figure out the LT's, and knows to some part who they will hit. they decide to go in a few ticks after.
theres a difference between being used as flak, and someone else using the opportunity to get through on an attack easier. In your example, ally a wouldnt know anything about the attack by ally b until ally b had actually launched and they could see it on their jgps, or ally a's spy in ally b told them.
ally a in both cases is powerless to stop ally b from launching anyway

Quote:
I preferr giving people a chance to prove themselves, but you my sir just proved out to be just the prick I heard you were.
Charming, ever considered the credibility and bias of your info source?

Quote:
And really I'm here for personal agenda issues, I'm bored and need something to do
There are far more constructive things to do then trolling which dont make yourself, or your alliance look foolish by virtue of having you in it
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 14:45   #156
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

There is no proof, therefor its not a valid claim its just some BS drivel that you been discussing ever since we got here, back and forth, so PLEASE if there is ANY prooof towards EXi cheating, make a thread of it, and post the proof there so we can all see how these nasty EXi mofos is doing with their VNC..

Whether they agreed to be flak or someone took an opportunity of them as flak, they were still used as flak, nothing changes that fact.

Not only have I considered the bias, I do infact count on it, because I know very well where it comes from, however I am not fully aware where ur bias against EXi in any matter comes from.

So I guess your advantage is you don't have an ally then?

Unread 28 Nov 2005, 14:54   #157
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
i dont recall ND ever beating 1up in previous round, or you must be talking about this round where your members have been whining about ND not picking your side.

and as if yourself think ND is better then your alliance, or just in better position atm?

my point is: this cheating stuff is totally hilarious, it just shows how incompetent your members are and how lost their minds are: you have got beaten fair and square in r13, we were better then you and we won. now encourage your ppl to search for help or we will
You missed my point totally. Let me explain it a bit for you and any others who are hard of thinking.

You appear to be claiming that because exi won round 13 they are therefore better than 1up in all areas. You then claim that because you are better than 1up in all areas some of 1up claimed it was due to cheating - as we couldn't handle being beaten by a better alliance. (NOTE: for all the other really dense people out there I'm not agreeing with his assumptions, just following his "logical" chain of argument to its natural conclusion).

So, by your logic, if ND were to win this round:

1. They'd be better than 1up AND better than exi in all areas.
2. 1up would accuse them of cheating as, by your logic, them finishing above 1up would mean they were better in all areas than 1up and we'd resort to accusing them of cheating as we couldn't handle that fact.

So why aren't any 1ups accusing ND of cheating?
And I assume if exi don't finish #1 you'll admit on here that the winning alliance is better than exi in all respects - as apparently (to you) final rank is sufficient to judge which alliances are the best?
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:00   #158
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It comes from when i was multihunting, seeing things on exilition planets which were probable indicators of cheating - but never being able to pin it conclusively beyond reasonable doubt. ( multihunting back then required a ludicrous amount of proof to close for good )
If things were less strict, have no doubt i would have closed and left closed for the things i saw.
proof of such things were contained in the logs for that round, but every round as the planets are erased - so are the logs unfortunately ( they'd be useful for multihunters in future rounds so you could track behaviour patterns across rounds )
Plus , even if the logs existed still, its not something pateam are able to publish because of the data protection act. it contains pretty much all information about your account which is why all multihunters have to sign an nda before they're allowed to access it

You may think whatever you want to think about why i think exil cheat(ed), im sure many people do - but thats my reason if you believe it or not.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:04   #159
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
your block got beaten fair and square in r13, our block were better then you and we won.
No denials here

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:04   #160
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
You missed my point totally. Let me explain it a bit for you and any others who are hard of thinking.

You appear to be claiming that because exi won round 13 they are therefore better than 1up in all areas. You then claim that because you are better than 1up in all areas some of 1up claimed it was due to cheating - as we couldn't handle being beaten by a better alliance. (NOTE: for all the other really dense people out there I'm not agreeing with his assumptions, just following his "logical" chain of argument to its natural conclusion).

So, by your logic, if ND were to win this round:

1. They'd be better than 1up AND better than exi in all areas.
2. 1up would accuse them of cheating as, by your logic, them finishing above 1up would mean they were better in all areas than 1up and we'd resort to accusing them of cheating as we couldn't handle that fact.

So why aren't any 1ups accusing ND of cheating?
And I assume if exi don't finish #1 you'll admit on here that the winning alliance is better than exi in all respects - as apparently (to you) final rank is sufficient to judge which alliances are the best?

Out of pure curiosity, do u think 1up or eX were the better alliance in r13??
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:06   #161
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Given the fact the whole rond was one big blockwar it's impossible to say in my opinion. They did tremendously well as an alliance, that is without doubt, but clinically assessing skill on a single alliance level is plain impossible. Credit where credit is due thuogh, they played their hands well enough to win.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:45   #162
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Are you the long running Dragons BC/HC who played around with jurgen/MrJ`s bot for many rounds while playing pia, or didnt you see any cheating there either?
Ok... Terribly off topic again.

This' the idealogy I was preferring before. Coming here jumping trigger about cheaters with nothing but: "ohno.. u must be 1 of them also since u know ppl who've been closed cheating in another game, another time etc etc..." Fits perfectly well into category of pointless unproved accusations, which by the end of the day, are just those and nothing more. If my past intriques u so badly I suggest u rather pm me @ irc instead jumping off thread like this. To clean the sheet since u went personal I suppose I'll share u sum of that credibility. I've played PA from rounds 2-10 & 13-15 and I've never been closed for other than inactivity. That's more than 10 rounds of "spacelarping".

About respect, I guess I find there's more honour figthing ur battles where they r due, rather than pulling ur best efforts discrediting ur enemy. Back to the topic again I hope.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:47   #163
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

/me jumps back to the topic.

Yes they do deserve credit for not giving up and not screaming MURDER here on AD.

PS. I think going off topic here is NOT needed, just stick to the topic and ppl will be able to follow it
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:51   #164
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Lol, I find it amuzing that you of all pple are critizing my posts and being convinced that what you post would be of better quality or more 'consistent'?

Do I often post about the same stuff, hell yes. There are certain things I believe in and stand for and if it's about that subject then yes I voice my opinion. Yes I'm obviously obsessed by Angels but well ...

Nonetheless, did it make my post invalid? Are you saying that it is ok to not report a cheater if it may compromise one of your IRC buddies? Cause that's my point. If you say you got prove of them using VNC but will not give out the evidence as it might screw over a buddy, then I sadly have the same respect for you as for the cheater you're protecting.

I'd report any of my buddies if they cheat. It has nothing to do with whether I like them or not. And I assume they'd do the same.
Well, its mainly a fact of me not really caring. Tbh, I don't despise cheats as much as most people do. I have put in hacks before on online games. A lot of people have. Pa is no different. Its just a fact of cheating people that you have been playing for years. Like I don't even play CS anymore, and in clan matches I didn't (couldn't) cheat. I don't endorse cheating, but I don't consider a cheater evul. I do think its a bit disrespectful when a m8 cheats in pa and doesn't let you in on it. But for the most part, with so few players playing pa, if you have to cheat, basically you suck. I only don't cheat because I don't feel I have to. If I felt I had to then maybe I would. But it doesn't make me a bad guy. It just shows lack of respect for PA in general. As exilition are doing.

"DO on to others as they do unto you" I wouldn't want anyone to rat on me if I was cheating, so I remain curtious. Besides, most of the people you guys respect today cheated before in some form or another. I probably respect Irvine more than anyone who plays pa. But he is a big fat cheat. I could name more, but then I would lose my 2 green blobs. We all know we have to be weary of those reps'.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:56   #165
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Ok... Terribly off topic again.

This' the idealogy I was preferring before. Coming here jumping trigger about cheaters with nothing but: "ohno.. u must be 1 of them also since u know ppl who've been closed cheating in another game, another time etc etc..." Fits perfectly well into category of pointless unproved accusations, which by the end of the day, are just those and nothing more. If my past intriques u so badly I suggest u rather pm me @ irc instead jumping off thread like this. To clean the sheet since u went personal I suppose I'll share u sum of that credibility. I've played PA from rounds 2-10 & 13-15 and I've never been closed for other than inactivity. That's more than 10 rounds of "spacelarping".

About respect, I guess I find there's more honour figthing ur battles where they r due, rather than pulling ur best efforts discrediting ur enemy. Back to the topic again I hope.
You did a nice job avoiding the question. You played round after round in command with a team that used a bot army, (I assume you knew about this) and as far as i know you didnt do anything about it. Next you come on here claming exil is clean. Hmmm on second thoughts you really convinced me there...
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 15:58   #166
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Exil was more active than 1up in RD 13. Active in setting up pre-buddy packs with potential partners. Active in setting up blocks pre-tick.
1up got spanked in RD 13. Imho due to not preparing. I don't think that not preparing is an excuse, I think its a window to how shit the rest of PA was at the time that 1up didn't care to even prepare for the round. (I hope that was the excuse. I was not 1up)
With that being said, impossible to know if exil were better or not.
Exil does have an edge on 1up though. They commit themselves to a particular fight BEFORE things play out. Thats why 1up is 4th right now. And also why exil is 3rd.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 16:03   #167
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
You did a nice job avoiding the question. You played round after round in command with a team that used a bot army, (I assume you knew about this) and as far as i know you didnt do anything about it. Next you come on here claming exil is clean. Hmmm on second thoughts you really convinced me there...
If u feel the need to talk about ********, I suggest u either goto ******** forums or do as I adviced u before and pm me (I promise I won't bite; ).

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

Unread 28 Nov 2005, 16:05   #168
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

hey treveler, werent you in zeal in pia? and what i also remember didnt zeal ally Ouzo (who also had quite alot of ppl closed the rounds they played)

THEREFORE, 1up must be cheating. because you were in an alliance in _ANOTHER_ game at _ANOTHER_ time with _ANOTHER_ command that housed cheaters omgwtf!. shit i totally figured this out now, all i needed was your way of thinking!

thanx for showing me the lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 16:13   #169
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
hey treveler, werent you in zeal in pia? and what i also remember didnt zeal ally Ouzo (who also had quite alot of ppl closed the rounds they played)

THEREFORE, 1up must be cheating. because you were in an alliance in _ANOTHER_ game at _ANOTHER_ time with _ANOTHER_ command that housed cheaters omgwtf!. shit i totally figured this out now, all i needed was your way of thinking!

thanx for showing me the lite
Ohh you really got the point there boy. You must be so proud.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 16:17   #170
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

yes you have finally enlightened us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 16:22   #171
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
yes you have finally enlightened us
You have not.
The light doesnt shine bright on your intelect.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 16:42   #172
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Well, its mainly a fact of me not really caring. Tbh, I don't despise cheats as much as most people do. I have put in hacks before on online games. A lot of people have. Pa is no different. Its just a fact of cheating people that you have been playing for years. Like I don't even play CS anymore, and in clan matches I didn't (couldn't) cheat. I don't endorse cheating, but I don't consider a cheater evul. I do think its a bit disrespectful when a m8 cheats in pa and doesn't let you in on it. But for the most part, with so few players playing pa, if you have to cheat, basically you suck. I only don't cheat because I don't feel I have to. If I felt I had to then maybe I would. But it doesn't make me a bad guy. It just shows lack of respect for PA in general. As exilition are doing.

"DO on to others as they do unto you" I wouldn't want anyone to rat on me if I was cheating, so I remain curtious. Besides, most of the people you guys respect today cheated before in some form or another. I probably respect Irvine more than anyone who plays pa. But he is a big fat cheat. I could name more, but then I would lose my 2 green blobs. We all know we have to be weary of those reps'.
Heh, I don't think cheaters are per definition bad human beings. Hell, I cheated aswell before when I played RISK or Monopoly ... There's no difference in PA here. But purely looking as a player of the game, I strongly dislike pple who use have an illegal advantage (cheating).

Take the example of the historical goal Maradona made with his hand. Do we dislike him as a human being because of that? Do we think less of him or his skills? I don't.
BUT, if you were the other team Argentina was playing against, you'd be fking pissed off cause the other team scored a goal and won the match in an illegal manner.

If I play in a round where others cheat and thus have an advantage over others, I'd be pissed off at them and I'd like to see them removed from the game/round. But it's not like I dislike those pple if I'd meet them or talk to them on IRC ...

P.S. it are 3 green blobs even !!!

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 17:53   #173
SkyHead

Quote:
It comes from when i was multihunting, seeing things on exilition planets which were probable indicators of cheating - but never being able to pin it conclusively beyond reasonable doubt. ( multihunting back then required a ludicrous amount of proof to close for good )
If things were less strict, have no doubt i would have closed and left closed for the things i saw.
proof of such things were contained in the logs for that round, but every round as the planets are erased - so are the logs unfortunately ( they'd be useful for multihunters in future rounds so you could track behaviour patterns across rounds )
Plus , even if the logs existed still, its not something pateam are able to publish because of the data protection act. it contains pretty much all information about your account which is why all multihunters have to sign an nda before they're allowed to access it

You may think whatever you want to think about why i think exil cheat(ed), im sure many people do - but thats my reason if you believe it or not.

bias bias bias
harasement and bias

we've seen nothing but this, ever since we got here.

This is pointless, they won't understand and they never will, I encourage all EXils, even how frustsrated your are with these thick headed scalls, stop posting, we're better of silent then all of this bs.

We know what we're capable of.

Enuf.
Kinda reached the point of united states whatever now.

And btw
I'll never -EVER- be ashamed of wearing this tag, despite what you say MrJ\Jurgen did.

Ğragons - together we stand, divided we fall

Unread 28 Nov 2005, 18:37   #174
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

New one for the "funny PA sayings"

Pulling a Skyhead: Getting proven wrong, and out-debated on the forums, and then trying to vindicate themself by screaming 'bias! harrassment! etc' on the forum. Done in the vain effort to appear as a martyr to the cause.

And on topic... 1up are doing quite well considering the beating taken earlier on. They're coming back quite strongly atm, and to that I say kudos

Although, I must say I'm disappointed in them, in the sense that we've had no Zhil vs Forest this round yet...
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 19:55   #175
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

I would just like to say, this game is Planetarion. Why people feel the need to bring up anything that happened in that rather poor game ******** doesn't make much sense to me. And how a chief Multi-Hunter can openly say he was influenced by actions that heppened in another game, by people who were in no way associated with PA for many rounds and definately had no connections with Exilition which was the alliance under scrutiny before the round even started. That to me is quite worrying, that people were already being targetted for actions of a couple of people in a completely different game.

I would expect someone with the responsibility as chief MH to be more open minded to people coming in to play the game, some for the first time. The game needs as many new players as possible anbd yet they were openly being targetted from tick 0. And also if you were able to close people with dought in your mind then again whats the point of even playing as it would clearly be injustice if the person who gets closed was playing purely legitimately.

So these arguments of purely of irrelevance to the game, there sole purpose at this point in time is to discredit either specific people or an alliance in general for something that has no way been proven in the game Planetarion, so utterly pointless.

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 19:56   #176
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
There is no proof, therefor its not a valid claim its just some BS drivel that you been discussing ever since we got here, back and forth
I cannot believe you are posting this. Read the thread again, it was eXilition who brought up the cheating/VNC side. Other people commented on the impact of the new rule. There was no implication in the posts to suggest that exilition were breaking the rule. You are moaning about your own alliance here.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 20:04   #177
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Can one of the mods please check SkyHead's account, and confirm for me that it isn't just Yeh using an upgraded version of my translator? There is something depressingly familiar about the quality of his posting.

At least his nick is spot on, after all, the sky is made of air.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 22:31   #178
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

mocking ppl who tries to debate here despite english isnt their native language is bad mkey

but ok if you want to alienate ppl even more pls do mofos
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 22:43   #179
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer77
I would just like to say, this game is Planetarion. Why people feel the need to bring up anything that happened in that rather poor game ******** doesn't make much sense to me. And how a chief Multi-Hunter can openly say he was influenced by actions that heppened in another game, by people who were in no way associated with PA for many rounds and definately had no connections with Exilition which was the alliance under scrutiny before the round even started. That to me is quite worrying, that people were already being targetted for actions of a couple of people in a completely different game.

I would expect someone with the responsibility as chief MH to be more open minded to people coming in to play the game, some for the first time. The game needs as many new players as possible anbd yet they were openly being targetted from tick 0. And also if you were able to close people with dought in your mind then again whats the point of even playing as it would clearly be injustice if the person who gets closed was playing purely legitimately.

So these arguments of purely of irrelevance to the game, there sole purpose at this point in time is to discredit either specific people or an alliance in general for something that has no way been proven in the game Planetarion, so utterly pointless.
he isnt chief mh anymore, he was in r13, and quit in r14

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 23:11   #180
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
mocking ppl who tries to debate here despite english isnt their native language is bad mkey

but ok if you want to alienate ppl even more pls do mofos
I was not mocking the English, I was implying the posts are of a shit quality. You clearly never saw the Yeh translator. It wasn't about translating languages, it was about translating something that's utter bullshit into something that's coherent (but still completely irrelevant to the point).
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 23:56   #181
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Personally i wont say congrats to 1up for their performance this round.

They have put in a moderatly fair performance but have been outgunned by the other alliance for a number of reasons.

Just because they havnt buckled under pressure doesnt warrent respect. No alliance should buckle under pressure thats the same as me getting respect for getting up in the morning. Its just the way things should be.

They have had my respect for their actions in pervious rounds but if they dont win this round then my respect will have to go else ware (i only have room to respect one alliance at a time) they have the quality and the political prowess to win the round. So i will not give them respect for a less than 100% performance.

My respect is sitting with ND at the minute for the sterling performance they have put into date. I personally never expected to see them fighting it out with the other 3 for the top spot.

[EDIT] And the prize for using the word 'respect' the most times in a post goes to ....... Im not changing it i cant be bothered [/EDIT]
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 00:50   #182
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
general crap ramblings
Now, I'm not after you blowing sunshine up 1ups arse but thats just a load of shite. LCH have never won a round but deserve the respect of everyone for going toe to toe with the top alliance every time (apart from round 13 but politics are politics). Nd have never won a round but deserve respect for taking thier medicine every round and coming back trying harder. F-Crew have never come close to winning a round but deserve respect for being a genuinely community orientated alliance doing what they do for the good of Pa rather than your "respect". 1up deserve respect, not for not falling apart after some heavy incoming, but coming back round after round, jaded or otherwise, and being up there fighting for the top ranks.

What you claim there is beyond disrespectful to numerous alliances and should be treated with the utmost contempt in the same way that you show contempt for a ****ing load of hard work put in by a load of people.

Quote:
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 00:56   #183
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Now, I'm not after you blowing sunshine up 1ups arse but thats just a load of shite. LCH have never won a round but deserve the respect of everyone for going toe to toe with the top alliance every time (apart from round 13 but politics are politics). Nd have never won a round but deserve respect for taking thier medicine every round and coming back trying harder. F-Crew have never come close to winning a round but deserve respect for being a genuinely community orientated alliance doing what they do for the good of Pa rather than your "respect". 1up deserve respect, not for not falling apart after some heavy incoming, but coming back round after round, jaded or otherwise, and being up there fighting for the top ranks.

What you claim there is beyond disrespectful to numerous alliances and should be treated with the utmost contempt in the same way that you show contempt for a ****ing load of hard work put in by a load of people.

Respect !
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 01:01   #184
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I haven't seen many accusations of cheating tbh. I think people learned their lesson about that in round 13. Far from making eXilition unpopular, the widely-believed bot rumours made people believe that attacking eXilition was pointless (why bother when their bots will defend?). If the bot rumours were intended to hurt eXilition, I think they had the opposite of their intended effect. Capping roids from eXilition in r13 was far easier than most people believed (though, in fairness, still more difficult than capping roids from LCH ).

Also, this round, only a fool would claim that eXilition have some truly unstoppable secret advantage; the alliance rankings clearly prove that they don't. eXilition are currently 6th on roids, behind ND, Angels, LCH, TGV and ToF. Presumably, those alliances have not cheated to reach those positions. If eXilition were cheating then I would expect them to have at least slightly more roids than ToF
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 01:15   #185
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
....... I would expect them to have at least slightly more roids than ToF

ToF BOTTAGE!!!!!!!!!!111111111

ps - you suck at retiring from PA

Quote:
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 01:42   #186
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

ToF = big pimpin
nuf said

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 02:38   #187
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
as i recall, allegations that exil were going to be cheating were around way before the ticks had even started - I was the one people kept pestering about it ( being head multihunter at the time )
this was because exil ( dragons at this time ) HAD cheated in pia and were caught spectacularly doing so. ( jurgen, mrj , web interface for bots, etc )
mud sticks, and so people thought exil were going to cheat in pa too - old habits die hard as it were.
thinking that people only started to accuse exil of cheating because they came to pa and did well in it, is nonsense.
:-P
May i add to this that MrJ has discovered and reported many exploits in pia! (Ofc those admins are lazy as hell, or simply not smart enough to solve the problems. "heh" @ reaching #1 in 1 day, midround )

People always only seem to remember bad things

And now back on topic, 1up survives, that's about it. Not that hard, not that easy. Doesn't deserve its own thread about respect though.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 03:43   #188
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1shmaster
U dont deserve respect 4 runnin 2 ur pa crew friends wheneva u need sumone closed. Dont argue cos i got logs proving it.
but u cant have them cos i dont play anymore
Many share your sentiments on this one. They did that back in the Fury days, and apparently they are still at it...

It's however a shame that you have to resort to imitating someone on this forum. (Yes, I know you're not the real Wishmaster )

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 03:57   #189
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

out of interest, does it amuse anyone else how every single 1up poster tries to get "one over" normal posters by using snide, cleverly phrased derogatory insults in every post? You need to teach people like treveler a little better though, he's struggling a tad bless his little soul.

Anyhowwww, a little definition for that anally retentive muppet phil^:

bias - inclination or prejudice in favour of a particular person, thing, or viewpoint.

From your actions since leaving pa team (don't get me started on the travesty that was you being there in the first place) - the entire pa community can be fully justified in not believing a single story of your's about exilition members in r13. You have about as much, if not less, credibility than a used car salesman. Maybe some day that will get through that thick skull of your's.
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 04:25   #190
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
out of interest, does it amuse anyone else how every single 1up poster tries to get "one over" normal posters by using snide, cleverly phrased derogatory insults in every post?
as opposed to the "omg wtf j00 suxor because i can use CAPS LOCK AND BOLD and whine a lot !!!111" style posts uttered by others?
hardly a fault of 1up members if intelligence, and wit is inherant to them rather then general immaturity.
Granted not all people are the same - some are better posters then others. from your alliance, Basse in particular knows how to post what he thinks on these forums without making an ass of himself - perhaps you should take lessons from him?
i can see why the exil 'gag order' for members was introduced, given the posting quality of other people

Quote:
Anyhowwww, a little definition for that anally retentive muppet phil^:
bias - inclination or prejudice in favour of a particular person, thing, or viewpoint.
yes im perfectly aware what a bias is.
im not as dim witted as others around here you know despite what you may think.

Quote:
From your actions since leaving pa team (don't get me started on the travesty that was you being there in the first place)
those being? taking a round out, and then playing this one in an alliance other then your own?
my my that must constitute a crime in your eyes
as for being in pateam in the first place, just as well its not your call otherwise pa would probably have been rammed into the ground long ago instead of slowly improving.

like it or not I did an awful lot of good work while in pateam ( and continue to help out where I can in retirement ) and there are plenty of people who can testify to that effect. how many can you point to in exilition who can say the same?
thats right, none since it appears a requirement to brainwash people into believing one story alone. that "Phil would dance on their mothers grave and eat babies, etc if he was let near them and must be flamed at all costs as part of a crusade"
Perhaps exils problem with me is that they didnt like how i didnt turn a blind eye to things, perhaps they didnt like me taking the view that they were in the wrong on things, perhaps its just egos of exil people wanting vengence, perhaps its that i didnt just 'roll over' and comply to what they want.
who knows.

How many exilition members have contributed thanklessly to this game for all alliances and all players, and not just their own over several rounds?
Nitina is one example perhaps, being in the support team - I recruited him after all, and was his 'boss' for some time (and he has done, and still does his job well from what I hear), got nothing but good things to say about the guy. ( shock horror phil in not thinking everyone in exil is evil shocker )

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt
the entire pa community can be fully justified in not believing a single story of your's about exilition members in r13.
so? I dont care. people can believe what they want to believe.
who are you , or I to tell them otherwise?
At best we can just say what our opinions are and let others make their own minds up.

Quote:
You have about as much, if not less, credibility than a used car salesman. Maybe some day that will get through that thick skull of your's.
To you, and other exilition members perhaps. I dont particularly care about the opinions of them or you either.

If the best you can do is go for personal attacks then i pity you, i truely do.
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 04:32   #191
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
If the best you can do is go for personal attacks then i pity you, i truely do.
You must pity a lot of 1up members as well then. Something you share with the vast majority of the community I suppose.

As for not caring about my opinion or exilition's in general, that was a very long post defending yourself. Hmm to do a roll eye emoticon or not, that is the question. What would treveler do? mmm. Ahhh, what the hell.

Unread 29 Nov 2005, 04:33   #192
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
You must pity a lot of 1up members as well then. Something you share with the vast majority of the community I suppose.

As for not caring about my opinion or exilition's in general, that was a very long post defending yourself. Hmm to do a roll eye emoticon or not, that is the question. What would treveler do? mmm. Ahhh, what the hell.

perhaps you should read such long posts and the reasoning within them, rather mentioning that its a long post and continuing to flame?
it may even help you become a better poster by example as a side effect
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 04:42   #193
Treveler

Ohhh gee, seems I`ve got a stalker on my ass. Anyone know where to get a buttplug?
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 04:43   #194
lizardking
tappajahai!

Quote:
perhaps you should read such long posts and the reasoning within them, rather mentioning that its a long post and continuing to flame?
it may even help you become a better poster by example as a side effect
Does sum1 besides u bother living for summit as silly as PA forums? I don't think newt has any intress making himself look ubercool here. If u r planning to get as badly offended each time some makes a critisising comment about u here then in ur place I would probably take sum time off and relax with non-gaming related things or atleast think twice before u post, coz sum1 might get offended and reply!!

ps. sory for bad grammar.

Ğragons

Unread 29 Nov 2005, 04:50   #195
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Does sum1 besides u bother living for summit as silly as PA forums? I don't think newt has any intress making himself look ubercool here. If u r planning to get as badly offended each time some makes a critisising comment about u here then in ur place I would probably take sum time off and relax with non-gaming related things or atleast think twice before u post, coz sum1 might get offended and reply!!

ps. sory for bad grammar.
i wasnt that badly offended tbh, it just irks me somewhat when people troll/flame as poorly as that.
plus im supposed to be doing uni assignments atm anyway, keep getting distracted , its hardly a case of me 'living for pa' although in the past it has consumed an awful lot of my time - more then i should have let it do, with hindsight but then - how many others can say the same thing .
Im sure plenty of people have spent more time playing pa then they really should have - often at the cost of exams and schoolwork
( and btw the grammar in that post wasnt too bad - it was still understandable )
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 04:57   #196
newt
Banned

Quote:
as opposed to the "omg wtf j00 suxor because i can use CAPS LOCK AND BOLD and whine a lot !!!111" style posts uttered by others?
Yes, I agree that those kind of posts are annoying unless done by a select few incorporating heanvenly Gods like Tesla <3 (my weekly suckup to maintain my ops in a certain channel). However, people who do go "<insert crap>!!!!!" are doing it for some kind of fun. They don't get some kind of pleasure out of it, in the way you 1up chaps clearly do with your superb prose and insults. I'm the same I suppose (although I'm only posting because you people sicken me).

Quote:
hardly a fault of 1up members if intelligence, and wit is inherant to them rather then general immaturity.
yes, one more thing. Don't go confusing having english as a first language as intelligence. And especially not wit.

Quote:
Granted not all people are the same - some are better posters then others. from your alliance, Basse in particular knows how to post what he thinks on these forums without making an ass of himself - perhaps you should take lessons from him?
touche. If only I could think of a single 1up poster that you could learn some decent internet skills off. None spring to mind

Quote:
im not as dim witted as others around here you know despite what you may think.
again, being english =/= intelligence you racist so and so.

Quote:
long stuff trying to boost your self esteem
yeah, well done. And thanks for the work you put into pa team. Could someone have done a better job? - yes. Was such a someone around to do a better job? - no. Anyhow, we all know pa team work for free etc, and you volunteer your time. However, you then lose the respect that merits by throwing it back in peoples' faces. Volunteers don't want any extra respect for what they choose to do. Its what annoys a lot of people about celebrities that do charity work. Only reason they do it is for the extra fame it brings, in most cases. Or thats certainly how it appears. Why did you join pa team? to help the community or to boost your internet alter ego / get more contacts / etc? Nothing you can say will change my opinion on that one.

Quote:
How many exilition members have contributed thanklessly to this game for all alliances and all players, and not just their own over several rounds?
we buy accounts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but planetarion does need money to survive?

All in all, you 1up posters are very annoying and patronising. You're about as annoying to the community as my posts are annoying to you. Just think about that before the next time you rack up the courage to post again.
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 05:16   #197
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
yes, one more thing. Don't go confusing having english as a first language as intelligence. And especially not wit.
im not, are you?

Quote:
touche. If only I could think of a single 1up poster that you could learn some decent internet skills off. None spring to mind

Quote:
again, being english =/= intelligence you racist so and so.
see above post about me not confusing intelligence for language skills. That idea is entirely of your own fabrication. (or someone elses, who has since convinced you of it)

Quote:
Its what annoys a lot of people about celebrities that do charity work. Only reason they do it is for the extra fame it brings, in most cases. Or thats certainly how it appears.
it may appear that way to you, but it couldnt be further from the truth.
believe what you want though, like i said your opinion doesnt matter to me - as it would if i were only interested in fame + celebrity status.

Quote:
Why did you join pa team? to help the community or to boost your internet alter ego / get more contacts / etc? Nothing you can say will change my opinion on that one.
actually it wasnt so much as join - as it was being drafted by pateam. Its not something you can choose to be in in the way you think. Sure you can choose not to accept if they ask you to join or not but its not something you can do " hi, i'd like to be in pateam please" for.
If you're interested ( which you probably arent ), i was in the support team at the time, and those in pateam thought i would make a good support team deputy manager. Since thats a pateam position, its how i ended up in there.
still, i really dont know why im bothering to help you understand. perhaps its ingrained in me to want to give anyone a chance to improve themselves from what they are, regardless of the 'condition' of the base material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt
All in all, you 1up posters are very annoying and patronising. You're about as annoying to the community as my posts are annoying to you. Just think about that before the next time you rack up the courage to post again.
one person or alliance hardly speaks for the entire community - no-one does. Dont go getting delusions of grandeur, or making sweeping statements with nothing to back you up on it now.

1up posters may be annoying and patronising to you, but so are exilition posters to others and indeed posters of other alliances to yet more others. everyone has a different viewpoint which often conflicts with someone elses.
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 05:20   #198
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
we buy accounts
LDK did that too! Though as I recall, that didnt end up helping PA all that much...
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 05:29   #199
newt
Banned

Quote:
see above post about me not confusing intelligence for language skills. That idea is entirely of your own fabrication. (or someone elses, who has since convinced you of it)
these aren't really aimed at you alone. 1up in general. Need I find the post where idler actually said what I'm accusing you of? Saying stuff like "over here we're intelligent compared to whatever shithole lies over to the east" - where shock horror, most of exilition posters live. Do 1up often ridicule the lack of grammatically correct posts by, for example, fins? yes. Do 1up members get kicks out of "winning" on the forums by way of their superior grasp of the english language? yes.

Pa-team ... all I'll say is, I've lived with an ex pa team member, and met two others (arguably 3). I know .... errrr I'll leave it at that.

I'm speaking for a large part of the community :/ a 1up member has even positive repped me saying "not all of us are like that" or something. hmmmm. dumdeedum.
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 05:39   #200
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
these aren't really aimed at you alone. 1up in general.
Then perhaps it would be wise for you to direct such accusations to the correct location in future?

Quote:
Need I find the post where idler actually said what I'm accusing you of? Saying stuff like "over here we're intelligent compared to whatever shithole lies over to the east" - where shock horror, most of exilition posters live.
If you want to believe that idler is the 'perfect' example of what all 1up'ers think go ahead. from my experiance everyone in 1up thinks independantly, with their own opinions - just as everyone else in other alliances have their own individual opinions.
the example of the pos rep you gave illustrates this perfectly.

Quote:
Pa-team ... all I'll say is, I've lived with an ex pa team member, and met two others (arguably 3). I know .... errrr I'll leave it at that.
similarly ive met several over the years and went on holiday with a couple before. whats your point?
Im sure theres a sizeable number of people who have met ex-pateam members at things like the i-events, or the lan events in norway where some met spinner himself