User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 12:54   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Give 1up some respect....

battered bruised and bashed by the top 2 as the round started, you guys, for the second round ive witnessed have shown great strength and loyalty to claw your way back up into a respectable position, and to be honest i wouldnt put you out of the running yet. Even when you were taking your heaviest beatings i watched and all members remained loyal, when many im sure could have jumped to Angels / exilition on skill alone. Even From the point of someone who has Dd'd agianst you and is on the LCH side, im still givin you some respect where its due.....
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 13:12   #2
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Give 1up some respect....

m00?

In need of green blobs Rinoa?
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 14:21   #3
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
m00?

In need of green blobs Rinoa?
nothing wrong with giving respect to well fighting alliances.

Seems today they hit exil hard. It looks like a very interesting fight of the top 4 tho i still think exil will because it looks like they have the best players - but we all know pa is more than skill .

thumbs up for all top4 alliances tbh. all 4 should get respect.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 14:22   #4
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
battered bruised and bashed by the top 2 as the round started, you guys, for the second round ive witnessed have shown great strength and loyalty to claw your way back up into a respectable position, and to be honest i wouldnt put you out of the running yet. Even when you were taking your heaviest beatings i watched and all members remained loyal, when many im sure could have jumped to Angels / exilition on skill alone. Even From the point of someone who has Dd'd agianst you and is on the LCH side, im still givin you some respect where its due.....
This is nothing new though is it? 1up has always shown to be able to get up from a beating and fight their way back ... that's not any different this round

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 14:34   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
nothing wrong with giving respect to well fighting alliances.

Seems today they hit exil hard. It looks like a very interesting fight of the top 4 tho i still think exil will because it looks like they have the best players - but we all know pa is more than skill .

Yeah ofc, but I meant it more like.. why this all the sudden

The current situation their in seems pretty obvious

Last edited by Alessio; 26 Nov 2005 at 14:53.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 14:54   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
i still think exil will because it looks like they have the best players
You not noticed the way that exilition getting twatted coincided with the new rule about not using def planets? Could just be coincidence of course........
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 15:24   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ND, and partly Angels, seems to be busy reaping smaller alliances.
Whats so respectful about that, I don't know.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 15:30   #8
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
ND, and partly Angels, seems to be busy reaping smaller alliances.
Whats so respectful about that, I don't know.
i dont know what they were doing this night, surely before they attacked as it should.

and raping smaller alliances, what does that mean ? like orbit or zz-crew (or reunion :P) ?

or smaller in term of attacking other top 10 alliances - maybe even alliances which had a go at them ?. Surely if they stop attacking each other it would shit but still, its an open round so far and i personally doubt angels will stop concentrating on exil or better now ND.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 15:59   #9
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
You not noticed the way that exilition getting twatted coincided with the new rule about not using def planets? Could just be coincidence of course........
Or it could be because they had an LT of around 6am, which we all know never works, and thus two other alliances in the top four got to hit them with full power.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 16:04   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Or it could be because they had an LT of around 6am, which we all know never works, and thus two other alliances in the top four got to hit them with full power.
Or it could be because before the new rule two other alliance in the top four couldn't roid eX with their dozens of 1-to-15-amp-25-crystal-refineries-2000-viper-and-beetle-fleet-scanners?

But yes, I support Bashar's theory of coincidence here

@Topic:
Thanks for the respect Rinoa, but in the end every top alliance should be able to come back this way.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 16:09   #11
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

thumbs up i know many guys there, props to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov
and partly Angels, seems to be busy reaping smaller alliances
proof? would really, and honestly lke to see this please
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 16:18   #12
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Coincidence is a more likely explanation. They've used that LT several times this round, and never been as easy to get through on as they are right now.

Also, seems coincidences always come in pairs, as there's another coincidence alongside the one already mentioned: the same time as the new rule (and therefore exilition being attacked successfully), a lot of planets that regularly defend exilition seem to have stopped defending them. Seems that this weekend is full of coincidences.

PS - bring on the grey blobs. The "OMG UR FKING PWNED AXEPT 1T!!!!!!11122" messages I get left are very entertaining, It seems to be yet another coincidence that people incapable of leaving decent rep messages have grey blobs.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 16:41   #13
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Also, seems coincidences always come in pairs, as there's another coincidence alongside the one already mentioned: the same time as the new rule (and therefore exilition being attacked successfully), a lot of planets that regularly defend exilition seem to have stopped defending them. Seems that this weekend is full of coincidences.
maybe its the scanners cov-oppers ?
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 16:46   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
thumbs up i know many guys there, props to you

proof? would really, and honestly lke to see this please
Look into what top10 Angels planets have been up to the last 2-3 days.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 17:02   #15
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
heh.. I don't doubt it as far as our top 10 players go. The majority of Angels however is bein good little boys and attacking the evil eX empire.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 17:19   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
heh.. I don't doubt it as far as our top 10 players go. The majority of Angels however is bein good little boys and attacking the evil eX empire.
If Angels HC thinks that too, it just show how poor control they have off the troops which they are suppose to control.

Hell, I dont even play this game and I know!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 17:46   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Angels HC thinks that too, it just show how poor control they have off the troops which they are suppose to control.

Hell, I dont even play this game and I know!
Well, show your good heart and pm me or another HC fill us in on what our top10 members have been doing

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Nov 2005, 18:16   #18
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
most of our t10 planets have been retalling in the morning, from targets we gave them, so who can blame them <3
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 18:33   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Well, show your good heart and pm me or another HC fill us in on what our top10 members have been doing
Im not employed to do your job, Kj.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 18:53   #20
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

1up still rank 4. come back from what.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 18:56   #21
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
1up still rank 4. come back from what.
Someone still bitter that we kicked him?

What alliance are you nowadays, now that ND kicked you as well?
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 18:59   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Im not employed to do your job, Kj.
Calling people trolls as you know is against AD rules

So here give you the chance to back up what you say and maybe show us some proof?

If you got solid proof then fair enough, but untill this very moment I've not seen anything else from you then lame accusations about what our top10 did or didn't do

FA Gaming community

Last edited by lokken; 26 Nov 2005 at 20:26.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 19:01   #23
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Someone still bitter that we kicked him?

What alliance are you nowadays, now that ND kicked you as well?
This thread is not about me sadly. I have no reason to be bitter. "We" is an inappropriate word also, as you had no part in it. I told the Hc to **** himself. I was really trying my best to stay in 1up.
Now that I have invalidated your post. My post still stands.
1up is still rank 4. Come back from where.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 19:02   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

and replies like that is the single most important reason I dont feel like helping you out, Kj.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 19:12   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
and replies like that is the single most important reason I dont feel like helping you out, Kj.
And you shouldn't

FA Gaming community

Unread 26 Nov 2005, 19:13   #26
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
tbh - and im not a friend of kj

this sounds more like attentionwh0ring. if i get attacked by angels and newsie them and find out they are 3fleeting i atleast tell them (and got prove with that :P)....

saying "i know something but i dont tell you" is childish and silly.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 19:25   #27
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

abusive posts will not be tolerated

Last edited by lokken; 26 Nov 2005 at 20:16.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 19:31   #28
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

It's so difficult to find out what a planet did 2 days ago?
God, I didnt know the level had dropped so much!
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 19:48   #29
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
It's so difficult to find out what a planet did 2 days ago?
God, I didnt know the level had dropped so much!
is it that important, maybe they just did what alki said ? but making such a fuzz about this here...

god, i didnt know that the level was so low already rounds ago.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 20:29   #30
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's not a coincidence as we're all cheaters etc etc. Get over it, it's getting old after 2 rounds :/ If I were you I would praise the great military power of angels/1up which twatted us, not the fact that we cheat. Although neither of those answers are correct.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 20:32   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I've got a joke for you:

What's wrong with being organised?

When you can't prove they're cheating.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 20:35   #32
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or it could be because before the new rule two other alliance in the top four couldn't roid eX with their dozens of 1-to-15-amp-25-crystal-refineries-2000-viper-and-beetle-fleet-scanners?

But yes, I support Bashar's theory of coincidence here

@Topic:
Thanks for the respect Rinoa, but in the end every top alliance should be able to come back this way.
You should look at some of your own planets' defences clearly :eek:

Last edited by bwtmc; 26 Nov 2005 at 20:48.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 20:42   #33
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Coincidence is a more likely explanation. They've used that LT several times this round, and never been as easy to get through on as they are right now.

PS - bring on the grey blobs. The "OMG UR FKING PWNED AXEPT 1T!!!!!!11122" messages I get left are very entertaining, It seems to be yet another coincidence that people incapable of leaving decent rep messages have grey blobs.
Actually they've used that LT twice this round, this being the second.

And as for being hit hard, I think you'll find they've been hit hard and been roided heavily most days in the last ten. It's mostly a case of not attacking. If you don't roid and you expect to be roided twice on the average night, you've got problems, most nights they seem to deal with that. I think they weren't very good last weekend either, they just got lucky with incoming on the friday.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 20:52   #34
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrab
It's not a coincidence as we're all cheaters etc etc. Get over it, it's getting old after 2 rounds :/ If I were you I would praise the great military power of angels/1up which twatted us, not the fact that we cheat. Although neither of those answers are correct.
Really?

Well, I wasn't saying/implying you were cheating. Using defence planets if they weren't multies wasn't cheating as it wasn't against the rules. Worst it could be classed as is immoral, but I wouldn't class it as that myself. I'd just class it as cowardly.

I'm curious to hear your explanation on what the reason for the coincidence is, as you clearly don't think it was just coincidence.

Lokken, same goes for you btw, I am surprised you misinterpreted my post like that. I was tying the two factors together, but that doesn't mean I am accusing them of cheating.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 20:53   #35
Alki
Drink is Good

As far as i know, they had no dc on last night
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 21:13   #36
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
As far as i know, they had no dc on last night
yea, kaifux said it, he was very disappointed about it.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 21:13   #37
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

to be perfectly honest... I am extremely happy with our memberships commitment to 1up, they have stepped up to the plate, faught through a lot of incoming and they are why we are still within striking distance. As every alliance, we've had our share of minor issues but certainly not anything earth shattering.

End of the day though, we haven't done anything yet. We still have a lot of work to do, a lot of roids to cap, and a lot of enemies to kill
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 21:14   #38
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Quote:
As far as i know, they had no dc on last night:p
Well the vnc master server was down so the DCs couldn't access most of our planets :/

Bashar, never in PA has it been immoral OR even illegal when one planet which is not in the same galaxy/cluster/alliance defends another. A close real life friend for example or if 1 alliance shares their def ships if it's ally is being hit hard etc. I'm more than convinced that this (omgomgimmoral) tactic has been used by every alliance in this game/round. I still can't understand how it's immoral. Of course it is immoral if an alliance (for example eX) has dozens of
Quote:
1-to-15-amp-25-crystal-refineries-2000-viper-and-beetle-fleet-scanners.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 21:35   #39
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Bashar, never in PA has it been immoral OR even illegal when one planet which is not in the same galaxy/cluster/alliance defends another.
I have never, nor would I ever suggest otherwise. Read my post, I said something like "the worst it could be said to be". I did not say I thought it so. If you've read the discussions on the rule, you'd see that other people have been suggesting it to be immoral/cheating, hence why the rules have changed. You would also see that I disagreed with and objected to the rule change. You are reading things in my posts that simply aren't there.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 22:40   #40
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Well the vnc master server was down so the DCs couldn't access most of our planets :/
i for one have never accused exi, of using vnc, if you find me saying so, ill formally rape the queen
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 22:45   #41
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Translated:

"See?! I knew 1up was always better than EXilition, but they were cheating. Now that they can't cheat, it proves I was right all along, even though they were beating us, we were better."

Or something like that. I was always really pissed off at all the people in 1up who went around whining about how impossible it was to beat the 'cheaters' when I was busy pulling equally unlikely defense out of the asses of top notch, active members and roiding fat EX targets. The fact that an HC would espouse this view in public is just pathetic.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 22:52   #42
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Or something like that. I was always really pissed off at all the people in 1up who went around whining about how impossible it was to beat the 'cheaters' when I was busy pulling equally unlikely defense out of the asses of top notch, active members and roiding fat EX targets. The fact that an HC would espouse this view in public is just pathetic.
I would be more pissed off at the fact the PA team gave into the complaints of a minority and changed what's considered 'fair play' in the middle of a round.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 22:54   #43
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Translated:

"See?! I knew 1up was always better than EXilition, but they were cheating. Now that they can't cheat, it proves I was right all along, even though they were beating us, we were better."

jester, using def planets was not cheating, it was not against the rules, I have already said that.

I won't stoop to translating yours into something along the lines of you being the greatest ever and 1up being shit now you're not there, because despite that being what you no doubt mean, it shows nothing but bitterness.

The simple fact is, it did coincide. That is a simple fact that I merely pointed out. I offered no judgement on it nor anything similar, I merely pointed out the way they happened at the same time. Why exi feel the need to screach that they don't cheat etc when it's pointed out, and why do you feel the need to try and insult me/1up? I know you have a bitter mind that likes to insult at any opportunity, but seriously, there was nothing wrong with what I said, it was a simple observation of the facts, and despite how much you/ex might not like it, they are facts.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 22:56   #44
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
I would be more pissed off at the fact the PA team gave into the complaints of a minority and changed what's considered 'fair play' in the middle of a round.
I agree on this, it is disappointing that they felt the need to do this, and I still don't see it as a necessary step. I think the cons outweigh the pros.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 23:11   #45
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Quote:
The simple fact is, it did coincide. That is a simple fact that I merely pointed out. I offered no judgement on it nor anything similar, I merely pointed out the way they happened at the same time. .... there was nothing wrong with what I said, it was a simple observation of the facts, and despite how much you/ex might not like it, they are facts.
I'm suprised people were quoting you instead of Heartless who came right out and said exil must rely heavily on outside def planets and the possiblity of coincidence (i.e. no dc's being on) is a joke. :|

Last edited by Duncan; 26 Nov 2005 at 23:24.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 23:50   #46
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Really?

Well, I wasn't saying/implying you were cheating. Using defence planets if they weren't multies wasn't cheating as it wasn't against the rules. Worst it could be classed as is immoral, but I wouldn't class it as that myself. I'd just class it as cowardly.

I'm curious to hear your explanation on what the reason for the coincidence is, as you clearly don't think it was just coincidence.

Lokken, same goes for you btw, I am surprised you misinterpreted my post like that. I was tying the two factors together, but that doesn't mean I am accusing them of cheating.
You see, the problem is - it's very difficult to see past seeing that this rule change stinks to high heaven when people prominent in exilition's opposition rejoice and wallow in the rule change so happily. It's as if you enjoy rubbing their noses in it.

You see, there are many 1up who are cheering on PA team to change this rule. There are things wrong with the system of deleting/detecting cheats, but moving the goalposts of combat to one alliance's particular disadvantage is not the way to do it. The only thing it's "necessary" for is to obtain success in roiding exilition planets, rather than actually dealing properly with cheats.

As far as i'm concerned this ranks alongside the r7 deletion wars as one of the most pathetic things i've seen in planetarion.

Jester is right. We may disagree on some things, but if there's one thing we both hate - it's bullshit.

Last edited by lokken; 27 Nov 2005 at 01:15.
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 00:01   #47
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
jester, using def planets was not cheating, it was not against the rules, I have already said that.
Whatever. Unfair advantage, cheap tactic. Blah blah blah.

Quote:
'We launched at 6am' has to be the most feable excuse I've ever heard for losing 5k roids.
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 00:06   #48
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
You see, the problem is - it's very difficult to see past seeing that this rule change stinks to high heaven when people prominent in exilition's opposition rejoice and wallow in the rule change so happily. It's as if you enjoy rubbing their noses in it.
Read the threads, EVERYWHERE I have posted in them I have objected. Even after it was done I have said in multiple places that I think it's a bad thing that it's happened. I hardly enjoy rubbing their noses in it, I have blatently objected to it several times.

Quote:
You see, there are many 1up who have hounded PA team to change this rule. There are things wrong with the system of deleting/detecting cheats, but moving the goalposts of combat to one alliance's particular disadvantage is not the way to do it. The only thing it's "necessary" for is to obtain success in roiding exilition planets, rather than actually dealing properly with cheats.
If exilition can't win without defence planets, then I wouldn't say that is their disadvantage, I'd say they have other disadvantages/weaknesses they need to address. Defence planets are only a way of avoiding these problems. And as for 1up hounding PA-Team, I know nothing of this, it is not an official 1up line and I am intrigued to see your justification of this, as I very much doubt you are aware of all PA Teams communication.

Quote:
As far as i'm concerned this ranks alongside the r7 deletion wars as one of the most pathetic things i've seen in planetarion.
As I've said, I agree it's bad. What I really don't understand is why you take the fact you think it's bad out on me; someone who has publically agreed that it's bad on numerous occasions

Quote:
Jester is right. We may disagree on some things, but if there's one thing we both hate - it's bullshit.
Again, why are you directing this at me?
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 00:09   #49
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Whatever. Unfair advantage, cheap tactic. Blah blah blah.
You just don't get it do you. I wasn't passing judgement or implying any. I was simply pointing out coinciding events that appear to correlate.
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 00:28   #50
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
The simple fact is, it did coincide. That is a simple fact that I merely pointed out. I offered no judgement on it nor anything similar, I merely pointed out the way they happened at the same time. Why exi feel the need to screach that they don't cheat etc when it's pointed out, and why do you feel the need to try and insult me/1up? I know you have a bitter mind that likes to insult at any opportunity, but seriously, there was nothing wrong with what I said, it was a simple observation of the facts, and despite how much you/ex might not like it, they are facts.
Clearly playing the "1up actually are the best alliance in the game now that this new rule is in place, we're now the alliance to beat" card.

It pisses me off a bit, because I've seen as many of these out-of-alliance 70%+ Viper planets used by 1up as I have eXilition, I haven't observed anything of it from other alliances.

Interestingly, these planets I've observed (with regard to the former alliance), and there's quite a few, have been used by individuals NOT the alliance.

Last edited by bwtmc; 27 Nov 2005 at 00:35.
Closed Thread