User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jul 2005, 18:00   #1
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
the new portal

Is it just me or does the alliance advert banner look chopped off to anyone else?
in IE, the banner is chopped in two it seems, with the graphics around it properly
In firefox the banner is again chopped but the surround graphics arent placed properly. the right one ends up across the screen.
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 18:16   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: the new portal

After thinking "how bloody big are the graphics ffs" I have to say I thought the same
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 18:16   #3
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

same
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 18:17   #4
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

looks alright to me... but then again, I use IE.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 18:18   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

anyone have opera and is willing to see how it looks in that?
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 18:56   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the alliance advert banners are the wrong sizes as we changed the layout to include standard banner sizes - the alliances have all been asked to submit new banners and will be updated asap
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 19:45   #7
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
the alliance advert banners are the wrong sizes as we changed the layout to include standard banner sizes - the alliances have all been asked to submit new banners and will be updated asap
Can you get the sites gfx's redone slightly. The text on the images is just way too big and as such looks kind of stupid. I mean the text must be atleast size 20 and if it was a bit smaller maybe the menu would actually fit on a 1024x768 monitor
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 21:44   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

its currently the same size as the graphics at jpaweb03.planetarion.com, so if the portal changes that also needs to change, and no one said it was to big during beta testing.

Looking at it myself I do quite like the size - on my widescreen 1280*800 screen I see all of the text buttons in the menu on a single page - I only get the jolt logo and a tiny bit of the rounded graphic removed - so I don't think its to bad.

Our graphic's guys motherboard died the other day and he is waiting on a replacement, when he returns i'll point him at this thread, so keep the suggestions coming.

As to alliance adverts, i'll remove the current adverts from the rotation tomorrow late morning/early afternoon.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 22:37   #9
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

don't forget about us poor souls that're still on dialup and 800*600 res monitors :eek:
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 23:00   #10
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

oh, on the topic of firefox...

the banner-ads for 'ClanPay' and others (60mmdemo.com) on these forums are still loading/showing despite being ticked as blocked images . any ideas guys?

edit: um. also. your banner ads are supposed to be random, so why is it almost (9 times out of ten tries so far) always ClanPay?!
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 03:00   #11
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I have IE running with Norton Internet Security. The Ad banner is blocked, but also are the Alliance Banners.
I understand you need to track the result of the ads which is how it is seen as an ad by Norton, but if you don't track the Alliance banner and treat it like a normal image, it could be shown even with NO ADS programs.
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 09:13   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

it is an advert though isn't it

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 8 Jul 2005, 18:26   #13
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

urgh, it goes to jolts site. you KNEW that didnt ya kal!
ah well, nvm.
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:15   #14
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

The banner for the #newdawn on netgamers IRC has the end of netgamers chopped off.

the m is cut in half and the ers is not visible

#newdawn on netgan
IRC

The Veneratio banner has the IO chopped off,

I use IE latest version

Last edited by Judge; 8 Jul 2005 at 23:20.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 00:15   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: the new portal

Both the new portal and the new default forum skin are far worse, at least aesthetically speaking.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 20:20   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

lies! they are far nicer than the old ones.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Jul 2005, 23:45   #17
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

i like it

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 05:23   #18
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Both the new portal and the new default forum skin are far worse, at least aesthetically speaking.
There's little point arguing over personal taste. You'll always find people saying they don't like it and others saying the opposite (with more people complaining as it is our human nature).
What's important is :
- The information must be relevant and easy to read
- The navigation must be clear and easy to use
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 07:37   #19
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
On the contrary, i think they are the best or at worst, second best of all the available skins etc. I reckon Jasey-coding has done an excellent job and the result is clear, functional and imo very pleasing to the eye.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 15:34   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

its Jakey-coding, and yes he is a god, the amount of work he did in a short period of time is phenomional, and its really nice to have everything in the same style.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Jul 2005, 15:47   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jakey's great, but I'm not so keen on the new forum skin I saw before I changed back to the R10-13 one.

But the portal =
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 19:07   #22
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

At a quick glance the new portal seems better than ever. A few broken links and navigational oddities aside.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:34   #23
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: the new portal

It is functional, it's just not as good as 'Round ten default', which we had before. It looks incredibly aesthetically basic and unpolished by comparison. I defy anyone to do a quick switch between the two and say otherwise. The new one kind of reminds me of something we might have had back back in 2002 if we'd let one of Zeus' mates design the skin on the cheap.

Not that I'm bothered, as I always use Retro V1, but there you go.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 14 Jul 2005 at 15:39.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:20   #24
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

looks alright in opera :P