User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jun 2005, 21:29   #1
Yurgeta
Lord Yurgeta

Yurgeta is an unknown quantity at this point
[Discuss] Dynamic Gal Banners..

Quote:
edited to fix the iamge url as i moved teh files and forgot about this post
i have noticed a few gals add names and stuff to there galaxy banner .. like my galaxy has
Gal Banner
* i made it like *

it would be nice if there became Dynamic Were The GC could chose to add 3 settings..

Planet Names + IRC Nick ::
Planet Names + Alliance Tag ::
IRC Nick + Alliance ::

And You Would Connect Via The Signup Section Data Ppl Input..

Galaxy Wiv Names On Banner Are Generaly Doing Well.. And Its A Pain Altering For Every Exiled Or Rank Change..

I Can Make Templates On How Things Would Look And Stuff.. Mabye Even Go Byond This and Intergrate It Into The Actual Gal List As A Bagground.. Ppl Can Then Use Blank Images and The Site Can Be Setup To Add The Effects Like A Nav Bar..

Or GC Could Add Then Into The Right Locations For It To Look Right..
Round 16 - Retired
Round 17 - Retired

Last edited by Yurgeta; 26 Aug 2005 at 21:49. Reason: update the website url to my pictuer
Yurgeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 00:14   #2
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Dynamic Gal Banners..

taking it a step further if i may,.. you cud expand this, making it easier to MAKE a gal pic,..
a bit like http://www.stripcreator.com where u have set backgrounds, and other things you could add, like different ships, Races, dialog etc,....

i dunno, im tired :P there's an idea there somewhere,.. otherwize just ignor me and go with Yurgeta, he is sounding more sensible :P
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 12:36   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Dynamic Gal Banners..

a dynamic gal banner is somehtign we are seriously considering for the future...

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 14:23   #4
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
Re: [Discuss] Dynamic Gal Banners..

Wouldnt development time be better spent on actually improving the game instead of making it look pretty?
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 14:25   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet
Wouldnt development time be better spent on actually improving the game instead of making it look pretty?
yes and no, yes there are ways that the game play can be improved, but on the whole the majority of players are happiest with most aspects of the game. We do also get a lot of signups over a round, but most people do not stick around for long - this may be ebcuase the game looks boring and unappealing - so making it looks more polished and professional would be good. Another issue is making the current features easy to use and accessible.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Aug 2005, 21:36   #6
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Link doesnt work any more - I'm sorry, but this file is missing. We're still under construction, so this may be a problem at our end.

I totally agree with DJet - theres no use having a pretty car with a sexy body kit if the engine doesnt work
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 09:12   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

a fair few people are happy with the engine though, also for the type of dynamic gal banner I have in mind we allready ahve some code lying around, that said this sort of revamp is not a priority at this time.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???