User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 20:07   #1
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
[Approved] Alliance Value

How about showing the alliance total value on the ranking as well?
Would help show the true military might of an alliance instead of how many suiciding fools they have...
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 20:15   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Alliance Value

Good idea, I was thinking the same thing the other day.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 20:27   #3
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

avg score * number of planets in alliance = total score,.... i think
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 22:18   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I went to add a feature to the stats part of the F-Crew tools to show the total xp and average xp of the alliance thsi morning . However then i realised that theres no total value in the alliance db dump. While it wanst really an issue as i could just do a sum of all the members XP the value would ahve made things simpler and allowed for more comparision with other alliances so I'm all for it.

Rocko hes after value not total score. The total score is already available.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 15:59   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't like it.. I dont think its a good idea to give so much info about allies away..
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 16:23   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yet your happy to see membership numbers, avg score, score and roids to be published. It doesnt really add a great deal from an intel pov that we dont already have
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 17:10   #7
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Yet your happy to see membership numbers, avg score, score and roids to be published. It doesnt really add a great deal from an intel pov that we dont already have
Don't try to put your words into my mouth.
And it does add enough to it for people to care about it
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 18:48   #8
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

I just wanna see if WP really are a strong contender for #1 at the end of the round or if they just told all there members to attack large ziks and suicide
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 18:54   #9
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Don't try to put your words into my mouth.
And it does add enough to it for people to care about it
You didnt ask for all alliance rankings to be removed so I assumed you were ok with the current information supplied.

Anyway it has merits for it to be included which arent intel based. Mainly the fact that it gives another place for people to compete in. People like rankings as it feeds the comeptative nature in all of us and thats where its useful
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 19:07   #10
Alessio
deserves a medal

k, altho I would love to trow some mud and have an endless discussion etc
You guys convinced me its a decent idea...

The thing is.. score means nothing but value can give an idea about alliances fleet sizes..
So it would make some allies with bad ratios more likely targets

Last edited by Alessio; 23 Apr 2005 at 19:27.
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 20:05   #11
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet
Would help show the true military might of an alliance instead of how many suiciding fools they have...
I don't get it. Fools?

Xeno
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 20:46   #12
hellsmurf

hellsmurf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well gd idea
i was thinking same before... but bit different
Would be gd if allies are ranked with value... so u know how strong they are....send def etc
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 01:11   #13
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve

lol xeno
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 17:11   #14
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I went to add a feature to the stats part of the F-Crew tools to show the total xp and average xp of the alliance thsi morning . However then i realised that theres no total value in the alliance db dump. While it wanst really an issue as i could just do a sum of all the members XP the value would ahve made things simpler and allowed for more comparision with other alliances so I'm all for it.

Rocko hes after value not total score. The total score is already available.
As f-crew founder you should have access to their coords, so you can code something !
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 11:12   #15
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good idea imo

nothing more to say about it except someone get codding
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 13:52   #16
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flikman
As f-crew founder you should have access to their coords, so you can code something !
And if you read it, i did say it wasnt an issue as i was able to code something to do it, but it would ahve been easier to have it supplied and it would have allowed the deta retreived to be quntified and compared better
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 13:59   #17
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

i vote yes on may 5th for this feature
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 14:28   #18
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

isnt it the 27th of april (just, for a couple more hours anyway)?
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 15:19   #19
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He means the date of the British General Election - May 5th.
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 17:05   #20
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Oh. How ignorant i am :\

Go blair!!

/me throws spanner \o/ o--c
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 22:22   #21
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I asked for this before, good suggestion that will show a bit more truly what power alliances posess

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 01:10   #22
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I've asked for this before as well.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 01:20   #23
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I agree, great idea!

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 07:54   #24
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Oh. How ignorant i am :\
Quote:
Go blair!!
Oh. How ignorant you still are :\
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 09:02   #25
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
Oh. How ignorant you still are :\
lol! i was waiting for someone to pick up on that. i was actually getting quite dissapointed when no-one did .

Anyway, you cant have a Howard as the PM of Australia AND a Howard as the PM of Britain. its not cool :\
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 09:16   #26
furball

Quote:
lol! i was waiting for someone to pick up on that. i was actually getting quite dissapointed when no-one did .
Funny that, since it was nighttime when most people were trying to sleep, unlike in your funny little part of the world where people walk around upside down and everyone's called Bruce.

Quote:
Anyway, you cant have a Howard as the PM of Australia AND a Howard as the PM of Britain. its not cool :\
So vote Liberal Democrat - they are the party most in favour of rehabilitating criminals
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 09:55   #27
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
Funny that, since it was nighttime when most people were trying to sleep, unlike in your funny little part of the world where people walk around upside down and everyone's called Bruce.
lol! well, the post time index says (to me) that it was ont at midnight on the 28th of april - whether that's midnight my time or midnight european time i'm not sure - either way they are both pretty reasonable post times for PA players who have had like a day to respond .

Anyway - we might be upside down but all you lot are backwards! /me points to imperial/metric discussion on #planetarion as a recent example . I dont know about everyone called Bruce though. Eric, perhaps .

Quote:
So vote Liberal Democrat - they are the party most in favour of rehabilitating criminals
Whilst i'm not too well versed in British politics, it sounds like they are the British version of the Greens. I quite like the Greens - without them you day would just lack the sheer entertainment value of their preposterous proposals .

Besides, you know the UK is going downhill when australia starts sending OUR crims back, dontcha
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 18:34   #28
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Approved

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread