User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 07:10   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
[Declined] Xp for roids

I have started changing my mind on this one, the new players joining getting roided so hard that its no fun to play for them. I know one guy who has gotten roided 15 time since he joined last tuesday.

He isnt even roidfat. As I am writing this, he has about 140-150 roids. And three waves of roiders on him.. No wonder people are quitting this game allready. The new players get a extra resourcebump when they sign on. Whats the use, when they get roided as soon as they get out of protection.

Also, now most alliances has started not prioritising defence for their members, wich I ofc can understand. Its more to earn on getting roids. But imho, I think you should consider giving xp for defence aswell. There should be a possibility for this.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 09:16   #2
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Xp for roids

The current game and stats seem to reward an offensive strategy. I am not sure that is bad. We are seeing a very dynamic round while in some previous rounds certain alliance(s) were avoided because it was (almost) impossible to get roids from them.

When your member gets roided he can initiate roids at a lower cost again. For each roid he initiates he gets 1 xp.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 12:03   #3
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
When your member gets roided he can initiate roids at a lower cost again. For each roid he initiates he gets 1 xp.
Dunno if I've mentioned this anywhere, but I think initiating roids should give a lot more than 1 xp. Every initiated roid is a valuable contribution to the game. I think 10 xp is entirely within the realms of reason.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 12:32   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The way this new system is going, I would not recommend ANY new players to play planetarion.

Two suggestions.

1. You could bring in xp on defence. That way it is actually possible and interesting to defend someone.

2. There should be less xp gained when your roid someone without an alliance. That way newbies could get a little advantage.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 12:38   #5
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
1. You could bring in xp on defence. That way it is actually possible and interesting to defend someone.
How would this work exactly? Could I gain massive amounts of xp by sending defence to random planets every day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
2. There should be less xp gained when your roid someone without an alliance. That way newbies could get a little advantage.
How will you know if your target has an alliance before you attack it?
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 12:55   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I personally think the games in many ways more fun the way its going atm. yes your getting roided but its just so bloody easy to go and roid them back. The only people ive seen complaining about it are a) Those who sit back and wont go and attack and b) those who keep screwing their attacks up

The only reeal problem I can see is the Multi wave attacks and their increased liklyness to catch a person fleet at home/returning and thus destroying it preventing them from going our roiding.

Ok from a DC's pov it might also be nightmare but tbh its nothing to lose too much sleep over, if you can cover it well then you cover it, if not you cut your losses and help that planet go roiding to get the roids back and add even more xp points onto their total
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 12:57   #7
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Searching for 1 man alliance tags on pilkara with high score and roids tends to work at start of game
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 15:32   #8
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

Supose u could divide an alliance up, and just keep the Zik people back for deffence,.. but that wud still mean memebers getting roided,.. just also mean attacking fleets loosing them,...

As for how would deffenging gaining XP work,.. it would have to go in with the value of the ships u destroy (or steal, or emp),...
but that makes cheeting even easier since u can get peopel to send there ships at your bace to get destroyed, while your XP goes up,.. ..

There needs to be more advantage made to deffending fleets,..
perhaps allowing them to stay for 3 ticks,..

Alternativly, u scrap the whole XP and value/score thing,.... which i think wud be a bad thing myself,....

bring back PDS,.. that's what i say !!!!
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 19:00   #9
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

I like it the way it's now. It's hard to keep your roids, but that the same for everyone. Think it's much better this way as compared to rounds where defending has been to easy.

I've been attacked bad myself, and lost 700 roids so far in this round, and expect to loose more before this round is over. But there's ofcause lots of planets that have lost much more then me

Last edited by Pilatus; 19 Apr 2005 at 21:58.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 12:24   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

XP is a good thing in my mind - declined

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread