User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 12 Dec 2014, 17:13   #101
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Stats for r60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The assumption that you need to have a planet or be an HC in order to know what's going on is faulty. Would you say that to Golan, who has never HC'ed an alliance? Or eksero, who hasn't in 30 rounds? Hell, several people HC'ed an alliance last round for whom I would consider 'clueless' to be a compliment.
So all these rounds Ult played, eksero didnt have access to the ult HC channel?
And ofc when you are participating in organized crime as Golan is, you will always have info from your fellow criminals ingal.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 17:54   #102
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
So all these rounds Ult played, eksero didnt have access to the ult HC channel?
I stand by my statement that eksero has not been a HC in 30 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
And ofc when you are participating in organized crime as Golan is, you will always have info from your fellow criminals ingal.
That is more or less my point.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 18:01   #103
sepa

sepa is an unknown quantity at this point

I am no expert with stats and it's been a really long time since I played serious but I feel that Xan needs to dump the heavy pods.
3 cloaked will be a pain to contend with...
sepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 18:01   #104
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
The assumption that you need to have a planet or be an HC in order to know what's going on is faulty. Would you say that to Golan, who has never HC'ed an alliance? Or eksero, who hasn't in 30 rounds? Hell, several people HC'ed an alliance last round for whom I would consider 'clueless' to be a compliment.
Well disguised BURN there Mz I'll get the damp towels for butcher
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 18:29   #105
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was not referring to Butcher. I should've said "HCed alliances". Edited.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 13 Dec 2014, 14:34   #106
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

These stats are shit. Different which is nice, but still shit. What's with the lack of love for SK's as per usual? We have SD's now.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2014, 14:54   #107
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2 View Post
These stats are shit. Different which is nice, but still shit. What's with the lack of love for SK's as per usual? We have SD's now.
Your very spesific eh?

Unread 13 Dec 2014, 15:37   #108
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see any way there's not going to be a ton of cath co + tara with these stats. People love going cath co, and when you only have to build four ships it's a pretty easy way to play. Have your active players go cath co + de and your "support"-planets go zik co + de.
Unread 13 Dec 2014, 16:12   #109
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
But this is a stats thread, not an XP thread. Discussions about what XP should or shouldn't be do not belong here, only what it will actually become, once PA Team decide on that.
Sure, but as has been pointed out plenty you can't ignore the effect that one has on the other. If we are in a situation where the XP formula is unknown, then making the stats is going to be hard.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2014, 16:35   #110
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haer View Post
Sure, but as has been pointed out plenty you can't ignore the effect that one has on the other. If we are in a situation where the XP formula is unknown, then making the stats is going to be hard.
Oh, I agree. But the discussion about what it should be doesn't belong in this thread. That's all I was saying.
Unread 13 Dec 2014, 17:22   #111
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about

In general, I would agree - the point I was trying to make is that some people are suggesting we could leave the formula and try to fix the XP issues with stats (For example, the restrictions on the effectiveness of xan fi). This approach could work, but I think it would be easier/better to just change the formula and have less constraints on the stats.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2014, 18:27   #112
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
In general, I would agree - the point I was trying to make is that some people are suggesting we could leave the formula and try to fix the XP issues with stats (For example, the restrictions on the effectiveness of xan fi). This approach could work, but I think it would be easier/better to just change the formula and have less constraints on the stats.
You cant constrain xp with stats

Unread 13 Dec 2014, 18:28   #113
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I don't see any way there's not going to be a ton of cath co + tara with these stats. People love going cath co, and when you only have to build four ships it's a pretty easy way to play. Have your active players go cath co + de and your "support"-planets go zik co + de.
Yes that can be a effective strategy for smaller allies

Unread 13 Dec 2014, 19:04   #114
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
The only thing I don't want in this thread is a discussion of whether whatever choice Appoco makes is right or wrong. There's plenty of places for that elsewhere. This thread is about whether Butcher's stats are good or bad and nothing else. And while I agree that we shouldn't create stats that are overly XP-friendly, exactly how offensive or defensive the stats should be depends a lot on the general game mechanics. I can very easily create a set of stats in which XP whoring is utterly impossible, even if the amount of XP that's handed out was doubled. And even if you halve the amount of XP you get for landing, I can still make a set of stats that allows for XP whoring. This is why I want to know now what the XP formula for r60 will be, so that I can keep that in mind when looking at the ship stats people are making.

[edit] And this is the last post I'm dedicated to the thing I don't want to talk about in this thread. Talk about self-defeating...

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 13 Dec 2014 at 19:11.
Unread 14 Dec 2014, 23:34   #115
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Good change with the corsair but it renders the dagger fairly useless, no?

Also, cath have three T1 targeting fr and none targeting de at T1, is that good or bad? (I'm not great at working these things out..) But it struck me that cath can build only dessies and a de targeting ship and probably rule the uni..?

I'd get shot of the bs class in xan (to strong with three class faking optional) and make one of the bs a ship that MUST be built by a xan to protect themselves efficiently.. Perhaps against frig (but that may be too mean!)

Can you move the torpedo up to the right place on Terran and think about giving them another option? Both zik and Ter have only two pods (zik now have a resource stealer) but Terran just seem a poor choice, they hardly out init anything apart from frigs with bs and they have crap all ships..

Just my thoughts, interested to see what others think?
Unread 25 Dec 2014, 15:45   #116
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Are the final shipstats from Butcher visible anywhere online?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2014, 17:45   #117
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Are the final shipstats from Butcher visible anywhere online?
^^?
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote