User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Aug 2005, 10:46   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mid round shuffle

Mix things up a bit, shuffle!
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 12:18   #2
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mid round shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Mix things up a bit, shuffle!

/me votes yes
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 13:56   #3
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts

As wacky as it sounds. I think it would be an excellent idea!
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 14:06   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Wouldnt it just break up galaxies whom are just starting to to gell and cause another round of people self exiling thus ending up with galaxies not much different to the current ones
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 14:45   #5
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Wouldnt it just break up galaxies whom are just starting to to gell and cause another round of people self exiling thus ending up with galaxies not much different to the current ones
no because you could disable self exile and if it is really desperate you have to go to PATeam for an exile
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 16:42   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
no because you could disable self exile and if it is really desperate you have to go to PATeam for an exile
That would be all well however if you had tried to find an active PAteam member this round you would realise that you have more chance of finding a unicorn in you back garden
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 16:51   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Actually, it sounds like great fun. Maybe keep buddypacks that are still intact to make sure that you get at least one or two actives in a gal?

I've just thought about it for two seconds, so I'm not going to say that it's a great idea, but it does sure sound fun!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 17:33   #8
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Being that I have a good gal, I'm going to disagree with this.

But it's all based around self interest tbh.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 18:48   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I have a random idea related to this for a future round.

galaxies get formed by shuffle as now at tick 36
when in a galaxy u can toggel a setting on preferences saying if you want to stay in it - this can only be changed once (defualt is NO)
at every tick X36 we shuffle all planets that do now want to stay in their current galaxy

under this system we would not have exile or self exile

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 19:59   #10
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I have a random idea related to this for a future round.

galaxies get formed by shuffle as now at tick 36
when in a galaxy u can toggel a setting on preferences saying if you want to stay in it - this can only be changed once (defualt is NO)
at every tick X36 we shuffle all planets that do now want to stay in their current galaxy

under this system we would not have exile or self exile
So you have to set it, so the inactives would always stay in the galaxy they are in. So rather than exiling inactives you have to exile yourself out of a inactive galaxy where you could get stuck in another inactive galaxy (as people will leave the inactives and not the active galaxies so youd exile to worse galaxies) and be unable to get out. Most of these ideas which seem to be ways of encouraging people to help inexperianced players seem to me to actually just be moving the problem rather than trying to sort it
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:56   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

wakey i really don;t understand anything you said there...

in my idea there is no exiling, once you have decide to stay in a galaxy you cannot later change your mind.

this means for example that buddy packs would all be likely to stay in their starting galaxy as they would not want their pack split up.

in the shuffles it would also be worth sending the most inactive people to c200

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:02   #12
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

mid round shuffle - no
re-shuffle every 36 ticks,.. what if the GC wants to boot people OUT of the gal, who are still inactive but have clicked yes anyway??? they've come on,. clicked yes, but there not active enough.
Then it's just pot luck as to wether you have the galaxy that's right for you.
Plus,.. 36 ticks is a long time to wait for some people to be kicked out of the galaxy
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 16:33   #13
Kal
Inactive peon

the most inactive would be sent to c200 anyway regardless of having clicked yes.

and its meant to be pot luck if youare in a good galaxy - players being able to control this is bad, the game should in theory give equal galaxies.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 16:37   #14
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
and its meant to be pot luck if youare in a good galaxy - players being able to control this is bad, the game should in theory give equal galaxies.
well if this is your opinion where did the idea of unlimited self exiles come from then, alth tbh i thought it might have been a good idea at the time. i am now coming to see it is an aweful idea :/
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 04:28   #15
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

hehe, sounds fun. (how about inactive accounts get shuffled to 200+ gals?)
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:47   #16
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
What Kal said

I love it excellent idea
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:56   #17
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

there would have to be a condition where pateam absolutely refuse under any circumstances to move people then, for it to work. Disabling the move admin tool being one option

incidently, Ive heard that there are people exiling by request currently in this round (ie whinging in #planetarion, #support that their galaxy sucks and they want to be put somewhere else ) , something i hoped wasnt happening and something which should stop immediately as it undermines the entire point of the exile system

Last edited by Phil^; 10 Aug 2005 at 16:11.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 17:08   #18
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
incidently, Ive heard that there are people exiling by request currently in this round (ie whinging in #planetarion, #support that their galaxy sucks and they want to be put somewhere else ) , something i hoped wasnt happening and something which should stop immediately as it undermines the entire point of the exile system
Something that has been going on for rounds - i was asked rounds and rounds ago - its up to pateam who gives in first. obviously from what you've said the team are giving in

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:02   #19
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
obviously from what you've said the team are giving in
Viva la resistance!!

People who whinge about being moved are extremely fortunate that i'm not a PA team member, otherwise i'd be the Evil Exile Nazi and lock whingers into the smallest galaxies with no possible escape.

Ah, if wishes were horses....
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:25   #20
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Well, tbh this suggestion formalises the demise of the Galaxy as a social unit, and promotes the Alliance into absolute and unchallenged top spot. This is fine for most top-alliance people, but i wonder at the effect this will have on new players.

36 ticks isnt enough time to get to know your new galmates, and defend eachother as there may not be time for the favour to be returned (ie, one night) - the effect will be that galaxies are just random groupings of people which serves an extremely purpose. I, personally, have always seen the galaxy as the introductory point - the first training ground, where galaxymates try to teach new players the game, how to get onto IRC and so on. If this breaks down, then there will need to be a comprehensive collection of new player support where they can be directed to go by anyone. Such a system would have to include an excellent Quest system, Newbie Help type forum, an Idiot's guide to PA, Q&A/FAQ (that are game related), prolly a PAwiki reference or three, and a group of people willing to help - who can be accessed easily.

If PA Team are willing to invest the time and effort in creating such systems (it will take alot of time, and alot of effort by quite a few people), then that's fine.

I wonder whether it is really worth it - though i am willing to give it a try.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:46   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
there would have to be a condition where pateam absolutely refuse under any circumstances to move people then, for it to work. Disabling the move admin tool being one option

i don't know of anyone who has moved someone due to an inactive galaxy. The only time that would happen is if we decided a galaxy was in essence dead and in which case we would move everyone out of it and delete it. But no decision to do anything like that has been made - in fact one of the reaosns for the changes to exiling etc this round was to prevent that - which it larlgy has, but there are one or two galaxies approaching dead status.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:47   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Well, tbh this suggestion formalises the demise of the Galaxy as a social unit, and promotes the Alliance into absolute and unchallenged top spot. This is fine for most top-alliance people, but i wonder at the effect this will have on new players.

36 ticks isnt enough time to get to know your new galmates, and defend eachother as there may not be time for the favour to be returned (ie, one night) - the effect will be that galaxies are just random groupings of people which serves an extremely purpose. I, personally, have always seen the galaxy as the introductory point - the first training ground, where galaxymates try to teach new players the game, how to get onto IRC and so on. If this breaks down, then there will need to be a comprehensive collection of new player support where they can be directed to go by anyone. Such a system would have to include an excellent Quest system, Newbie Help type forum, an Idiot's guide to PA, Q&A/FAQ (that are game related), prolly a PAwiki reference or three, and a group of people willing to help - who can be accessed easily.

If PA Team are willing to invest the time and effort in creating such systems (it will take alot of time, and alot of effort by quite a few people), then that's fine.

I wonder whether it is really worth it - though i am willing to give it a try.
is it me or has everyone misunderstood me - its every 100 ticks not every 36 ticks...

hence X36

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:53   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think a midround shuffel in this round wouldnt harm anything. There are too few galaxies and too many alliances. So alot of times alliances double book galaxies and galaxies gets waved and waved with incs. Maybe a suggestion for next summer round that we limit it to 10 planets PR galaxy, to avoid theese very often occuring double features.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 14:40   #24
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I think a midround shuffel in this round wouldnt harm anything. There are too few galaxies and too many alliances. So alot of times alliances double book galaxies and galaxies gets waved and waved with incs. Maybe a suggestion for next summer round that we limit it to 10 planets PR galaxy, to avoid theese very often occuring double features.

excellent idea, opens up the possibilities of retals too with 18 peeps in a gal there is bugger all chance of getting thru on them, making the tactic pointless unless you can cover a whole galaxy at a ticks noticeplus 10 ppl per gal = more galaxys too to target meaning smaller farmed galaxys will be farmed less often, please get rid of these crappy big gals.
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 12:49   #25
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

OK

I have to admit I love Kals idea to an extent but share some of Sovs concerns.

What I would do is have a shuffle every 100 ticks or [enter large tick amount here] ticks or so. The default option on preferences is

yes I would like to be shuffled please on the next throwaround session.

That way inactives will automatically be moved on, those who are happy will stay (and not take the chance of suffering 4 days or so of being roided while in an inactive gal). Eventually gals will begin to grow stronger and the comraderie between the 'survivors' will be a good community boost. However, there is a potential of gals getting lucky and strong and also as sov said, it takes away some of the last remnants of the galaxy community and pushing it once more towards an alliance game... another step towards something we should have all foreseen and stopped a long time ago.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 07:37   #26
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
is it me or has everyone misunderstood me - its every 100 ticks not every 36 ticks...
hence X36
Ok, so i am a dolt and didnt understand your post correctly. But how about commenting on the impact such a change will have on the Galaxy community and the flow on impact this will have in allianceless and/or other new players?