User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Jul 2005, 10:29   #1
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light
'The Alliance Shoppe' (by popular demand)

Well after the success of the "I'm a PA-mod and im ok" song, people wanted the parrot sketch converted,.. so here's what i came up with
The original script can be found here

'The Alliance Shoppe'
A customer enters an Alliance shop.

Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

C: 'Ello, Spinner?

Owner: What do you mean "Spinner"?

C: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

O: We're closin' down between rounds.

C: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this alliance what I joined not half aan hour ago from this very boutique.

O: Oh yes, the, uh, Exilition...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. it's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

O: No, no, it's uh,...it's resting.

C: Look, matey, I know a dead alliance when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

O: No no it's not dead, it's,it's restin'! Remarkable alliance, Exilition, ain't it, ay? Fantastic BC's!

C: The BC's don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

O: Nononono, no, no! It's resting!

C: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake it up!

(shouting in the public room)

'Ello, Exilition HC's! I've got a lovely roid fat planet for you if you show...(owner slaps the HC a bit with a large trout)

O: There, he moved!

C: No, he didn't, that was you slapping them with a trout!

O: I never!!

C: Yes, you did!

O: I never, never did anything...

C: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO EXILITION!!!!!

Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your five o'clock alarm call! Your planets are under attack!

(Takes P out of the room and kick-bans it. Kicks everyone else out of the room and watch that they dont come back.)

C: Now that's what I call a dead alliance.

O: No, no.....No, 'there stunned!

C: STUNNED?!?

O: Yeah! You stunned them, just as they were wakin' up! Exilition HC stun easily, major.

C: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That alliance is definitely deceased, and when I joined it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following last rounds all nighters.

O: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the roidski's.

C: PININ' for the roidski's?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why were all their names set to away the moment i logged on at home?

O: Exilition prefers to set their names as away! Remarkable alliance, id'nit, squire? Fantastic BC's!

C: Look, I took the liberty of examining this alliance when I got ilogged on, and I discovered the only reason that anyone was there at all was because they had forgot to log off!

(pause)

O: Well, o'course it was quiet there! If they didn't restrict conversation, they would nuzzle up next rounds rankings, dazzled others with their conversation, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

C: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this alliance wouldn't "voom" if you put four million roids in it! it's bleedin' demised!

O: No no! it's pining!

C: it's not pinin'! it's passed on! This alliance is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet the creators!

it's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If there wasn't people idling there, the room would be pushing up the daisies!
'It's defending processes are now 'istory! it's off the PBOT activity rankings!
it's kicked the bucket, it's shrugged off its private rooms, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!

THIS IS AN EX-ALLIANCE!!

(pause)

O: Well, I'd better replace it, then.

(he takes a quick peek behind the counter)

O: Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of alliance's.

C: I see. I see, I get the picture.

O: I got a Buddy Pack.

(pause)

C: (sweet as sugar) Pray, will it defend against hordes of 1up ships?

O: Nnnnot really.

C: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

O: Look, if you go to my brother's alliance shop in the Beta, he'll replace the alliance for you.

C: Beta, eh? Very well.

The customer leaves.

The customer enters the same alliance shop. The owner is putting on a false persona name.

C: This is the Beta, is it?

O: (with a fake persona name) No, it's Alpha.

C: (looking to the readers) That's Planetarion quick buttons for you.

The customer goes to the PA-crew.

He addresses a man standing behind a desk marked "Complaints".

C: I wish to complain, PA-crew person.

PA-crew person: I DON'T HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME, YOU KNOW!!!

C: I beg your pardon...?

A: I'm a qualified coder! I only play this game because I like being my own boss!

C: Excuse me, this is irrelevant, isn't it?

A: Yeah, well it's not easy to change all these lines to being PA related, you know.

C: Well, I wish to complain. I click on the Beta quick link found myself deposited here in the ALpha section.

A: No, this is Beta.

C: (to the readers) The alliance shop man's brother was lying!!

A: Can't blame PA-crew for that.

C: In that case, I shall return to the alliance shop!

He does.

C: I understand this IS Beta.

O: (still with the fake persona) Yes?

C: You told me it was Alpha!

O: ...It was a pun.

C: (pause) A PUN?!?

O: No, no...not a pun...What's that thing that spells the same backwards as forwards?

C: (Long pause) A palindrome...?

O: Yeah, that's it!

C: It's not a palindrome! The palindrome of "Beta" would be "Ateb"!! It don't work!!

O: Well, what do you want?

C: I'm not prepared to pursue my line of inquiry any longer as I think this is getting too silly!

Forum Mod: Quite agree, quite agree, too silly, far too silly...
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 11:50   #2
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about
Re: 'The Alliance Shoppe' (by popular demand)

Madness.

Edit: Can someone hurry up and rep this, it's clearly the best post in this thread.

Last edited by god113; 5 Jul 2005 at 14:34.
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 12:17   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

indeed.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 12:24   #4
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

i'm sorry, the demands were to much for me! they wanted my blood!! or the parrot sketch,.. and since i like my blood,.. they got this instead,...
Is it madder that i wrote it (well copy and pasted then changed the words) or that you read it even when you nknew exactly what you were getting
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 12:25   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

what is this shit
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 12:46   #6
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

well I found it amusing - even if it is insane (but then so was the original )
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 14:50   #7
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

who's worse, the fool or the fool that listens to the fool ?!
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 15:29   #8
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

the guy who can't speak english and defines individuals as 'worse.'
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 15:39   #9
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
the guy who can't speak english and defines individuals as 'worse.'
the fool, you mean?
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 11:03   #10
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

/me puts on Mr T voice " Ah pity da' foo' "
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 12:54   #11
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
what is this shit
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 15:28   #12
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

funny
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 20:55   #13
Rocko

so, mixxed reactions on the script then,...

Supose your have to know the parrot sketch and monty python though to have an understanding of this,..

Next time i'll probably look to a more well known song then,....

yes,.. next time
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 10:53   #14
edmoo
SuperTux!

edmoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good. I must say that I don't think there was ever much potntial in the idea of parodying the parrot sketch, but you managed it pretty well, concidering. made me chuckle.
edmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 13:20   #15
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

lol I think its quite amusing well done

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 16:26   #16
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
lol I think its quite amusing well done
Assassin giev fre credit!
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 04:55   #17
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Ffs that rocks. Fk, there's another writer in the crowd =/ I'm afraid we're going to have to have a write off.

*cues angry, dancy music and whips out his keyboard*
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 09:20   #18
Rocko

OR!
we could join forces and create a Website which combines all of these things we make,...
(and get other people to send in stuff to),....
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 14:14   #19
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

There's a thought

/me turns off the dancy music....

But... but..... *sighs* fine =p /me starts writing a "knights of NI" parody =p
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 14:31   #20
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

"we are the corvettes that say BATTLESHIP!"
"no, no, not the corvettes that say BATTLESHIP!"
"we will not let you pass until you bring us a .... Rogue"
"*sigh*, ok, mighty corvettes, we will go in search of a zikonian planet with siege weapons and a heavy factory to make you a Rogue. Then, will you let us past in our quest for the Golden Roid?"
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 15:03   #21
Rocko

"He's not from PA-crew, he's a very naughty boy!"
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 16:57   #22
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
"He's not from PA-crew, he's a very naughty boy!"
There actually used to be someone on the Crew called 'Messiah'

anyone remember him? Maybe he was just a mod...