User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 May 2005, 22:50   #101
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: APA vs Coven war???

The war took an intresting twist with Coven finding themselves sinking like that stone that they think you cant get water from.

The biggest losers in the war had to be SiN who dropped into forth behind both APA and Hidden Agenda, but the biggest gainers were F-Crew who blew the compitition away. A group of unaligned players game 5th ahead of G.O.A.T who pipped ven. bring up the rear was coven.

Ok this wasnt the actual war, it was the weekly F-crew quiz night results but we have learnt one thing, If PA was decided on IQ alone F-crew would be leading the way and Coven would be lucky to make the top 100

Will do my actual report in a bit seeing as something has actually happened today
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2005, 23:22   #102
Bodders

Bodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura about

come on wakey stop keeping us all in suspense
Unread 16 May 2005, 01:13   #103
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodders
come on wakey stop keeping us all in suspense
PC crashed while making the post and i havent had the time to redo it. Will do a bumper post on it tommorrow
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 May 2005, 09:40   #104
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

I see [APA] coords attacking with EXilition (and a couple of Angels coords "surprisingly") - ofcourse arby's are not always 100% accurate.

Please tell me [APA] is not blocked with EXil...

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 10:03   #105
Bodders

Bodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura aboutBodders has a spectacular aura about

demiGOD where would be the fun in blocking with Exil it has been clearly proven over Friday / Saturday night that we dont need the help, that is unless there are qualified psychiatrist as we all know that [APA]'s officers are in major need when it comes to their sanity
Unread 16 May 2005, 21:16   #106
zen
zenguard

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about

Ahh.. a bit of score drop for the good old scum of the universe today. I see that Coven and F-Crew are starting to find their places in the universe
r15 Subh Member

"Siinä tapauksessa etenemme täydellä tuuppausvoimalla tuikutusetäisyydelle"
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 21:30   #107
Jackal
N/A

Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point

come on wakey
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 21:49   #108
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodders
.... we dont need the help, that is unless there are qualified psychiatrist as we all know that [APA]'s officers are in major need when it comes to their sanity

HEYHEY!! Im not insane...just a bit unstable at times...and sometimes sadistic, but that usually only comes when I have been drinking. And I dont really drink all that much
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 22:03   #109
Bodders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisto
HEYHEY!! Im not insane...just a bit unstable at times...and sometimes sadistic, but that usually only comes when I have been drinking. And I dont really drink all that much
Lies and you know it we are all mentaly unstable

yeah wakey where is this so called bumper post that you promised!
Unread 16 May 2005, 22:44   #110
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

um is it just me or are [APA] not clearly owning u all
they have 20 less members and are beating f-crew and coven comfortably
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2005, 23:31   #111
Jackal
N/A

nice of you to say Rinoa
Unread 16 May 2005, 23:46   #112
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

Go APA propaganda machine
!!
Unread 17 May 2005, 00:00   #113
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

we do try but as far as I know it's far from over - we tried to negotiate a cease-fire yesterday and last night we suffered the heaviest Coven incoming we've had so far, so it's still going.
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 00:00   #114
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

F-Crew havnt been focusing on either apa or Coven, as we have said many times, this war has nuthing to do with us. also id like to remind u f-crew is a training alliance, and as such has much newer, smaller and less experienced players than apa, not to take anything away, apa are a good alliance. coven just suck
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 00:01   #115
Jackal
N/A

lol keg
Unread 17 May 2005, 00:20   #116
Bodders

keg once again wise words of wisdom!!!!

Atleast F-Crew could go on the offensive as a training alliance seeing as lower values and all, but we are comfortable swatting the incomin flies and going after their biggish players when we feel like it.
Unread 17 May 2005, 00:54   #117
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
um is it just me or are [APA] not clearly owning u all
they have 20 less members and are beating f-crew and coven comfortably

/me hugs Rinoa

anytime u fancy a drink, come by #[APA], its on me
Unread 17 May 2005, 01:05   #118
Bodders

yeah we would invite you to the officers bar but it needs to be re-stocked, most of the officers should be going to AA meetings..
Unread 17 May 2005, 01:25   #119
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Alcohol Appreciation meetings? no thanks, no need
Unread 17 May 2005, 01:46   #120
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Can we get some more of those little umbrella's then....
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 02:04   #121
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Im afraid not, we have a budget to stick to...
Unread 17 May 2005, 04:13   #122
zen
zenguard

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about

I think that F-crew claiming to be a "training alliance" is just an excuse to just suck. And they propably came up with the idea to identify themselves as a training alliance after someone made a joke about them being nothing but a noob training center.
r15 Subh Member

"Siinä tapauksessa etenemme täydellä tuuppausvoimalla tuikutusetäisyydelle"
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 05:36   #123
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Im afraid not, we have a budget to stick to...
but..but...they will make those silly green drinks Bodders makes look all fancy and everything
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 11:42   #124
TSP

TSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
I think that F-crew claiming to be a "training alliance" is just an excuse to just suck. And they propably came up with the idea to identify themselves as a training alliance after someone made a joke about them being nothing but a noob training center.
Hey, we take our training responsibilities very seriously! Just look at the effort that Keg's putting into teaching Wakey about the need to hit bigger targets for XP gains.
TSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:44   #125
Bodders

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
but..but...they will make those silly green drinks Bodders makes look all fancy and everything
What silly green drinks???????

Quote:
Hey, we take our training responsibilities very seriously! Just look at the effort that Keg's putting into teaching Wakey about the need to hit bigger targets for XP gains.
Kegs head is more then just a hat rack is it?

Anyway whats this got to do with the war?
Unread 18 May 2005, 00:40   #126
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Bodders...You make a mean Green-Eyed Monster
Unread 18 May 2005, 17:09   #127
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

I think SiNND should ally with APA to take down the other two, since Coven claim to have "The damned" on their side, and f-crew have the quiz.
Ofc, if they are damned, they aren't going to be much good at anything.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 18:14   #128
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

lol SiNND not only have to merge but need apa aswell?? are u guys good at anything??

Unread 18 May 2005, 19:09   #129
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
Please get a clue before commenting. APA's acheivements in this game pale in signifigance compared to F-Crew's and even during those 'glory' days we were setup as a fun place for people to learn how to play the game. Now I know for new people to the PA community (ie anyone who joined after p2p) find the whole idea of having beliefs in something and sticking by them hard to understand as PA now is largly a game where people would sell their grannies for success but some of us do have these beliefs and the belief in helping others is at the core of this alliance. you remove that aspect and you remove the soul of the alliance.

In fact while r11 and r12 werent the worst for membership numbers in some ways it was very much our worst for the alliance. The HC we had in place then werent old F-Crew and didnt fully understand the old F-Crew beliefs. The alliance got more and more focussed on the ranking and it just wasnt a particular fun anymore and that hit our performance. Thsi round we shook the HC up, got a number of old timers back to help revive the old spirit and changed our focus and we are once again a fun place to be for people.

Oh and as i said elsewhere, if we dropped 15-20 members we would have a avg score challenging APA's. We could be selective with our recruitment and not give players a chance to get better at the game under our guidence but we would rather sacrifice our average score to actually do something good for the game in general
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:14   #130
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
f PA was decided on IQ alone F-crew would be leading the way
Hah don't make me laugh. The only time we had a proper SiN team we won. And that wasn't even the best team we have :-/
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:49   #131
Loz

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

there's such a thing as a bad winner kila :P
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:52   #132
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

yeah thats APA. You were the ones saying that you would get water out of Coven's stones when u won the quiz
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:24   #133
Loz

If I remember correctly you were on our team that night aswell Kila :P
Unread 18 May 2005, 20:53   #134
_Kila_
break it down!

It wasn't me who took the piss out of Coven tho
Unread 18 May 2005, 23:56   #135
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
Please get a clue before commenting. APA's acheivements in this game pale in signifigance compared to F-Crew's and even during those 'glory' days we were setup as a fun place for people to learn how to play the game.
Well... not much point in us comparing ourselves to how other alliances were in previous rounds, when [APA] did not even exist. We compare ourself to other alliances in accordance with how things are now.

Quote:
if we dropped 15-20 members we would have a avg score challenging APA's. We could be selective with our recruitment and not give players a chance to get better at the game under our guidence but we would rather sacrifice our average score to actually do something good for the game in general

Ahem...Most of the players in [APA] this round are either totally new to the game, or have been out for years! (You can also ask any of the members, and I can guarantee you they will say that [APA] is an alliance with a very friendly atmosphere and is alot about having fun). Perhaps our superior average has rather been due to new people receiving better advice and guidance allowing them to grow more.... There came a point where we felt that our capacity for training new people up to a decent standard, had been reached. At that point we did set a score limit for joining, as we want our people to be able to learn the game properly, and not only get hasty advice from grumpy, totally overworked officers. Please refraim from making such insinuations about our recruitment policy, as they are not true.
Unread 19 May 2005, 00:12   #136
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

Quote:
Perhaps our superior average has rather been due to new people receiving better advice and guidance allowing them to grow more
I believe we give perfectly good advice and guidance to our newer members. i do disagree with wakey that APA just go for the bigger players. i understand u do train smaller and newer guys. i also believe that although u do that we may have a slightly bigger capacity for teaching as most of our officers dont get that grumpy in the channels (wakey saves all of his for his forum posts ) and of course dont forget the poor buggers in F-Crew have me to deal with on a daily basis

All in all both F-Crew and APA are good alliances, with maybe F-Crew geared ever so slightly more to training and a bit of fun, such as the quizzes and random funny posts along with a forthcoming pool comp etc.

Unread 19 May 2005, 00:24   #137
Bodders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
of course dont forget the poor buggers in F-Crew have me to deal with on a daily basis

keg u might be a right pain to some F-crew members but i am the new 'Dexter' apparently and as such i am by far worse then you....
Unread 19 May 2005, 00:40   #138
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Just wondering... with all the expertise that is apparently back in F-crew, and there being only slight differences between the sort of players we recruit...How come a new alliance such as [APA] is ahead, when facing such experience and wisdom...? (ingnoring the fact that you have to deal with Keg on a daily basis ) Perhaps you do not have better training capacity, but have rather overestimated it and taken on more than u can efficiently train.
Unread 19 May 2005, 00:48   #139
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Who said anything about expertise?
Unread 19 May 2005, 00:53   #140
Bodders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Who said anything about expertise?
no-one did but the post can be interpreted in such a way that it was inferred, that or someone just assumed thats what was ment
Unread 19 May 2005, 00:56   #141
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a beer so im happy
tombcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2005, 00:59   #142
Bodders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombcfc
i got a beer so im happy
You sure that a good idea Thomus?????

For all you people who dont know what he gets like after a few click here .
Unread 19 May 2005, 00:59   #143
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

To quote Rip Torn in Dodgeball,
"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to **** a doorknob".

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2005, 01:35   #144
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Well... not much point in us comparing ourselves to how other alliances were in previous rounds, when [APA] did not even exist. We compare ourself to other alliances in accordance with how things are now.
Well done on missing the point. Zen was claiming our 'training' alliance status was something we use because we arent doing well. I was pointing out that F-Crew is an alliance with great heritage and has been in the kind of position in the games alliance hierachy that 99% of alliances can only dream of being in yet even then our belief system was as focused on helping the lesser experianced player as it is now. You dont survive for 13 rounds without feeling secure in what your doing or feeling your acheiving something and if we were at all bothered by rankings we would have ceased to exist back in r5

Quote:
Ahem...Most of the players in [APA] this round are either totally new to the game, or have been out for years! (You can also ask any of the members, and I can guarantee you they will say that [APA] is an alliance with a very friendly atmosphere and is alot about having fun). Perhaps our superior average has rather been due to new people receiving better advice and guidance allowing them to grow more.... There came a point where we felt that our capacity for training new people up to a decent standard, had been reached. At that point we did set a score limit for joining, as we want our people to be able to learn the game properly, and not only get hasty advice from grumpy, totally overworked officers. Please refraim from making such insinuations about our recruitment policy, as they are not true.
You closed recruitment for much of the round and are now only recruiting people around your average or better. Thats a very selective recruitment policy so ofc your average score is going to look considerably better than ours who have continued recruiting people, more often than not still in protection. Any alliance that imposses any kind of size limit to members is going to have a better average score than one with an open door policy.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 May 2005, 01:48   #145
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You closed recruitment for much of the round and are now only recruiting people around your average or better. Thats a very selective recruitment policy so ofc your average score is going to look considerably better than ours who have continued recruiting people, more often than not still in protection. Any alliance that imposses any kind of size limit to members is going to have a better average score than one with an open door policy.

Thats not true we closed our recuitment just less than a week ago, i know because i was the one who put the idea forward. we hit over 90 members so ofc were gona close the recuitment but we didnt we only slowed it down, ok we are after members of a higher score which is to be expected, but we have recuited over the last couple days a few new peeps with almost no score so please could u not say what is absolute not true anyway, and if you dont know what your going on about, which in this matter you dont, dont say anything!

Last edited by tombcfc; 19 May 2005 at 01:56.
tombcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2005, 02:11   #146
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

It is not long ago that we closed our recruitment to those with a very low score; the reason for this was explained in my first reply to Wakey.

Quote:
Well done on missing the point. Zen was claiming our 'training' alliance status was something we use because we arent doing well.
My comment was not aimed at what zen said while typing under the influence, but rather your rant in the quote below. And that considering how you have such long experience with training new ppl, and we being new at it, we are doing better (Not that you would concede this as you believe we have had a highly selective recruitment policy). That is what I meant by saying that we compare ourself with how you are now, not what you were like in previous round when [APA] wasnt around.

Quote:
APA's acheivements in this game pale in signifigance compared to F-Crew's and even during those 'glory' days we were setup as a fun place for people to learn how to play the game
On a final note: the restrictions on our recruiment were imposed recently, it is not like you had a better average than us before that
Unread 19 May 2005, 02:17   #147
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: APA vs Coven war???

tbh, this is getting boring....

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2005, 02:18   #148
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

That might be true...but nobody is forcing you to read it...
Unread 19 May 2005, 02:26   #149
Loz

We have had a far more selective recruitment policy than F-Crew, there's no point in trying to deny it. To be honest Wakey has been right in just about everything he has said.

And for the record, we have to put up with Keg daily too!
Unread 19 May 2005, 02:42   #150
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

What are you on Loz? For the most part of the round our only "selective" policy was that you had to be able to come to irc so that we could communicate properly, and have a positive attitude to taking advice and learning from the more experienced players. I know, I was approving the applications and reviewing the interviews!