User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:00   #1
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
[Approved] Removing vac-mode or allianceless-time?

Isn't the 72h period without an alliance kinda useless when they can just enter vacation mode? Just like now #2 planet quit WP and I'm PRETTY sure they wanted their roids 'back', but he went into vacation-mode which last exactly the same amount of hours he'll be allianceless. So imo the 72 hour period while being allianceless should be removed or it should be impossible to go into vac-mode while not in an alliance.

Alternatively, if they quit an alliance they shouldn't be able to go into vac-mode before in 72 hours.

Anyone agree or you still want people being cowards and going into vac-mode like this?

(I'm sorry if this problem is already solved for next round, just thought I'd mention it as it's REALLY retarded.)
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:01   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Removing vac-mode or allianceless-time?

Seems fine to me. If you want to go into vacation mode when you're allianceless it's fine by me.
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:03   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Yes, but it's cowardish and it's completely useless having the 72h period without an alliance then.
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:09   #4
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I think it's already in PA Development for future rounds to change that. Just stopping the 72 tick no-alliance restriction during vacation mode would be the best solution IMO.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:27   #5
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Just like now #2 planet quit WP and I'm PRETTY sure they wanted their roids 'back', but he went into vacation-mode which last exactly the same amount of hours he'll be allianceless.
AFAIK he went on vacation
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:57   #6
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

vacatio ticks don't count down allianceless ticks, would just about do it

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
Unread 18 May 2005, 22:57   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
AFAIK he went on vacation
lol, and as a coincidence it was the same hour he decided to quit his allie I got one word anyway: coward

/me does the chicken-dance
Unread 18 May 2005, 23:00   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
vacatio ticks don't count down allianceless ticks, would just about do it
That's probably the best solution.
Unread 18 May 2005, 23:08   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

this is allready coded for round 14

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 18 May 2005, 23:43   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Good good
Unread 19 May 2005, 02:32   #11
ANdrode
..comeback kid

ANdrode is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Isn't the 72h period without an alliance kinda useless when they can just enter vacation mode? Just like now #2 planet quit WP and I'm PRETTY sure they wanted their roids 'back', but he went into vacation-mode which last exactly the same amount of hours he'll be allianceless. So imo the 72 hour period while being allianceless should be removed or it should be impossible to go into vac-mode while not in an alliance.
I think the whole 72 HR waiting period is useless.
What you'd want, and what would give about the same result, is a minimum 72 Hrs after applying to the previous alliance, before joining the next.

People quitting an alliance because they want a better one, shouldn't be helped. But quitting an alliance since it doesn't go along with your ideas, and changes course midround...

Does *that* need to cost you your fleet and your roids?
Unread 19 May 2005, 03:18   #12
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
this is allready coded for round 14

good but didnt you say it would be fixed for this round after TeK did it last round?

also will you be just pausing no-alliance counter or stopping vacation when you are in the 72 tick period

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea

Last edited by Stifler; 19 May 2005 at 03:29.
Unread 19 May 2005, 03:40   #13
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANdrode
But quitting an alliance since it doesn't go along with your ideas, and changes course midround...
Does *that* need to cost you your fleet and your roids?
I think he had a disagreement with WP HC and decided to make them feel his weight, by quitting. My guess is he will rejoin WP when vac mode ends otherwise he will be remembered as a big coward rather than the 1337 player he seems to be.
Unread 19 May 2005, 04:33   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
lol, and as a coincidence it was the same hour he decided to quit his allie I got one word anyway: coward

/me does the chicken-dance
what about if he was about to go on vacation and decides he doesnt wana be WP anymore. He leaves WP so that he isn't allianceless when he gets back?
Unread 19 May 2005, 05:11   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Removing vac-mode or allianceless-time?

Quote:
Yes, but it's cowardish and it's completely useless having the 72h period without an alliance then.
As I recall, the intent of the waiting period was to prevent spurious alliance hopping. It wasn't specifically to force alliance switchers to be defenseless which would otherwise make 'legitimate' alliance switches rather daunting. It doesn't strike me as any more cowardly than attacking allianceless planets.

On a somewhat related note, I think anyone in vacation mode should be automatically removed from any alliance. Of course, they should be able to rejoin the alliance as soon as they exit vacation mode.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 19 May 2005, 07:49   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
It doesn't strike me as any more cowardly than attacking allianceless planets.
Subtle. I like .

Quote:
On a somewhat related note, I think anyone in vacation mode should be automatically removed from any alliance. Of course, they should be able to rejoin the alliance as soon as they exit vacation mode.
What would that achieve? planets in vacation mode not being counted as part of the alliance statistic on Sandman's?

Last edited by Ultimate Newbie; 19 May 2005 at 07:55.
Unread 19 May 2005, 08:13   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
good but didnt you say it would be fixed for this round after TeK did it last round?

also will you be just pausing no-alliance counter or stopping vacation when you are in the 72 tick period
its actually physically coded now, not just going to be coded = and its a coutner that doesn;t count while in vacation mode, rather than stopping the person enter into vacation mode.

its also worth noting that vacation mode will be disabled for the last week of the round.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 19 May 2005, 11:09   #18
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
its also worth noting that vacation mode will be disabled for the last week of the round.
You should have stfu'ed about that m8, could have been interesting to see what happened
Unread 19 May 2005, 13:50   #19
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
no and no. what's cowardish about going into vacation mode when you know for a fact you will be roided without the chance to get defence in time ? it's just being realistic.
and as far as i am aware the 72h period was not inmplemented to stop top planets from geting def when they switch alliances at some point.
Unread 19 May 2005, 16:57   #20
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with vacation mode. And what happens if an alliance kicks a member out, and decides to roid him endlessly? How is that fair? 72 ticks without income is also a big price to pay for being allianceless.
If you are pissed with someone you can't just try to change the rules and make them unfair just because you want revenge.
Unread 19 May 2005, 17:48   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
What's wrong with vacation mode. And what happens if an alliance kicks a member out, and decides to roid him endlessly? How is that fair? 72 ticks without income is also a big price to pay for being allianceless.
If you are pissed with someone you can't just try to change the rules and make them unfair just because you want revenge.
Clearly the 72 hour period shouldn't count if a member gets kicked from the alliance. He should be able to join any other alliance instantly after being kicked imo. 72 ticks without income isn't that much to pay tbfh... Gandhi will still be top10, if not top5, when his 'period' is over.

Revenge? Why do I want revenge? If you look at my sig you'll see I'm in NoS and not in WP. I don't really care about WP losing a member, but I can understand their frustration if they have any grudges towards him and wants to roid the sh*t out of him (I'm not saying they have any grudges against him, just IF). Clearly I'd be pissed about someone quitting my alliance and putting himself in vac-mode so we couldn't get our roids back.

But since the system is getting changed for next round I guess/hope the problems will be solved
Unread 23 May 2005, 14:32   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Approved etc

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Closed Thread