User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 20:10   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
People finally figure out wikipedia is shit

A famous American journalist was surprised to find out he was involved in the JFK assasination from Wikipedia.org and on Answers.com and Reference.com (which autmatically update info from Wikipedia). Here is his tale telling opinion piece:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...dia-edit_x.htm

Here are some news accounts of it:

Slashdot: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...36222&from=rss
Seattle Newspaper: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...60_wiki11.html

nytimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/11/bu...dia/11web.html

Wikipedia community: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_C...edia_hoaxer%29 (be sure to read the discussion page and the Article for Deletion page)

People should really learn to take that site less seriously. I've become *very* invovled in wikipedia recently. I thought I was going to quit, but then I realized how fun it is to kill boredom by reverting vandalism (you wont believe the sick shit people post every few seconds - it's a lot of work! and fun!). I also spend time going over and vote on articles for deletion, and do other adminstrative stuff (just to kill boredom). Anyhow, answers.com and reference.com should really er, develop their own content. :0
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 20:15   #2
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: People finally figure out wikipedia is shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by that idiot
At my request, executives of the three websites now have removed the false content about me.
Of course, he could have removed it himself, but no, he had to get "executives" to do it for him...
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 20:36   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Haha, look this New York times editor has sent a memo to his staff telling them not to use wikipedia for information:
http://poynter.org/forum/view_post.asp?id=10748

What a bunch internet-challenged twats.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 20:43   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hahaha what a self-important twat.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 20:43   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

wikipedia isnt shit
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 21:52   #6
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
A famous American journalist was surprised to find out he was involved in the JFK assasination from Wikipedia.org and on Answers.com and Reference.com (which autmatically update info from Wikipedia). Here is his tale telling opinion piece:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...dia-edit_x.htm

Here are some news accounts of it:

Slashdot: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...36222&from=rss
Seattle Newspaper: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...60_wiki11.html

nytimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/11/bu...dia/11web.html

Wikipedia community: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_C...edia_hoaxer%29 (be sure to read the discussion page and the Article for Deletion page)

People should really learn to take that site less seriously. I've become *very* invovled in wikipedia recently. I thought I was going to quit, but then I realized how fun it is to kill boredom by reverting vandalism (you wont believe the sick shit people post every few seconds - it's a lot of work! and fun!). I also spend time going over and vote on articles for deletion, and do other adminstrative stuff (just to kill boredom). Anyhow, answers.com and reference.com should really er, develop their own content. :0
I saw the interview with the site founder, he basically pointed people to the Wikipedia Disclaimer and asked them to compare it with the CNN one, which is essentially the same, it's just that some self-important twat decided to make it look look like one site is a bastion of truth, the other is a rumour-mill, yet they both run by the same rules, one is professional and one entirely voluntary.

Standard US shit, as far as I can see, and I live here, so I know what it looks like.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 01:07   #7
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
I saw the interview with the site founder, he basically pointed people to the Wikipedia Disclaimer and asked them to compare it with the CNN one, which is essentially the same, it's just that some self-important twat decided to make it look look like one site is a bastion of truth, the other is a rumour-mill, yet they both run by the same rules, one is professional and one entirely voluntary.

Standard US shit, as far as I can see, and I live here, so I know what it looks like.
On top of that The New York Times and CNN have had their own run-ins with credibility in the last few years so they have little room to talk.

The reason nobody caught that mistake on the page is because the guy isn't IMPORTANT enough to care about, so it got few vistors, and nobody saw it. High traffic articles are watched carefully. The truth is nobody gives a shit about this guy, he should have been paying attention about the article about himself if was so concerned. Just pure vanity.

It's traditional media vs. new media, and the establishment is running scared...

...but nevertheless wikipedia is shit. I stand by that. Even though I spend hours a day editing it. :P

EDIT: you know I don't like the anti-american spin you went and put on it at the end there, that's not cool man.

Last edited by s|k; 12 Dec 2005 at 02:03.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 01:47   #8
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
A famous American journalist was surprised to find out he was involved in the JFK assasination from Wikipedia.org and on Answers.com and Reference.com (which autmatically update info from Wikipedia). Here is
More like a pathetic way of trying to promote his own name by making up a "story". He is a bit late though as some respectable people of commercial encyclopedias already acknowledged wikipedia.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 02:04   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
More like a pathetic way of trying to promote his own name by making up a "story". He is a bit late though as some respectable people of commercial encyclopedias already acknowledged wikipedia.
USA Today is a shit conservative American newspaper anyways. I don't read it. It's trash, like FOX News is trash (except Bill O'Reilly <3).
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 13:13   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

EXCEPT Bill O'Reilly?

In any case, I find Wikipedia to be amazingly useful, especially when you're dealing with things like the supposed history of the Rosicrucians.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 14:48   #11
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
EXCEPT Bill O'Reilly?

In any case, I find Wikipedia to be amazingly useful, especially when you're dealing with things like the supposed history of the Rosicrucians.
that was made up by an angry student from bognor regis who wanted to upset his teacher.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 16:55   #12
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i hope the 'except bill o reilly' was a joke and you dont actually in all seriousness think hes a good journalist and broadcaster?

'shutup shutup shutup shutup shutup cut his mic shutup shutup shutup'
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 17:17   #13
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i hope the 'except bill o reilly' was a joke and you dont actually in all seriousness think hes a good journalist and broadcaster?

'shutup shutup shutup shutup shutup cut his mic shutup shutup shutup'
Maybe he thinks the guy is good fun? He didn't say he thought he was a good journalist.

Either way, I believe that Wikipedia can be a usefull source of information, the problem is that there are some people around that think it's fun to post falsities and/or ruin other people's enjoyment of the internet.

It's just like the occasional idiot that comes into these forums and spams the place over with worthless junk in a bid to get attention (which they admittedly get, very briefly, when the admin bans the account)

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 17:30   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: People finally figure out wikipedia is shit

Wikipedia is good for frivolous and uncontroversial things, such as obscure computer games you might want to "research." For anything remotely serious, though, you'd probably be better off speaking to Alf Garnet or Roy Chubby Brown.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 17:36   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Wikipedia is good for frivolous and uncontroversial things, such as obscure computer games you might want to "research." For anything remotely serious, though, you'd probably be better off speaking to Alf Garnet or Roy Chubby Brown.
Utter tosh.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 18:40   #16
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Wikipedia is good for controversial things because you can actually see the controversy rather than just getting an 'official' sanitised view. A traditional encylopaedia would be one of the last places I'd trust for anything even remotely debateable or non-mainstream.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 18:42   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Wikipedia is good for controversial things because you can actually see the controversy rather than just getting an 'official' sanitised view.
Or you could just have an awareness of the relevant debates within a set subject. I still don't see how wikipedia tells you anything that you can't get more reliably and in more detail from a book.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 18:48   #18
Nodrog

Quote:
I still don't see how wikipedia tells you anything that you can't get more reliably and in more detail from a book.
I think you might have missed the point of encyclopedias there.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 19:00   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Well, I have an objection to general encyclopaedias; Wikipedia is just a fairly bad (or at least unbalanced) example of one.
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 12:02   #20
Nodrog

http://www.nature.com/news/2005/0512...l/438900a.html
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 12:25   #21
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
you do parody quite well

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 12:26   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I still don't see how wikipedia tells you anything that you can't get more reliably and in more detail from a book.
This is like comparing a packet of crisps and a five course banquet. Obviously the latter is 'better' than the former, but it's not always appropriate / convenient to have it. I can't read a book (or even gain access to a book) for every single subject which I come into contact with - so a quick easy on-line reference is invaluable.

And as for your repeated accusations that Wiki is only useful for "trivial" or "frivilous" subjects, it really depends on your definition of such terms. I can get more from Wiki on things like certain programming languages than I can from Britannica, and I don't consider this a trivial subject.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 20:22   #23
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
qft
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 21:23   #24
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

This morning I looked up Kiessig fringes on wiki. No entry. How shite.
Quote:
Editors at Britannica would not discuss the findings, but say their own studies of Wikipedia have uncovered numerous flaws. "We have nothing against Wikipedia," says Tom Panelas, director of corporate communications at the company's headquarters in Chicago. "But it is not the case that errors creep in on an occasional basis or that a couple of articles are poorly written. There are lots of articles in that condition. They need a good editor."
lol.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 21:55   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
lol.
He seems to have missed the point of the thing.
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 22:45   #26
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

that doesn't neccesarily mean he's wrong...
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 00:30   #27
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4530930.stm

Wikipedia survives research test

John Seigenthaler criticised Wikipedia's reliability
The free online resource Wikipedia is about as accurate on science as the Encyclopedia Britannica, a study shows.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2005, 00:56   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
that doesn't neccesarily mean he's wrong...
I find it more likely that the Encyclopedia Britannica would be biased for the Encyclopedia Britannica than Nature being bised towards Wikipedia.