User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Feb 2003, 12:15   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Things you want to do before you are 30..

I wondered what the people of this forum want to see/do/achieve before they are 30? I am assuming that the average poster is below that age and just interested to see how we all compare so far.

Also, It would be cool to see what people have already done which they consider major in their life. Its just a bit of fun really.

Things I want to do...
See the Pyramids
Go to Africa
Have a 3some
Do a bungee
Visit Ankor Wot
Visit the Mayan temples
See the space shuttle launch

Things I have done...
Holidayed in Australia, Canada, America, Greece, Spain, France, Austria, Scotland, Cyprus, Isreal
Bought a house
Swam with dolphins
Walked over Sydney Harbour bridge
Swam at the Great Barrier Reef and flew in a helicopter over it
Quad biked in the desert and a rainforest
Saved a life
Skied and snowboarded
Fired a gun (.22, 9mm and magnum)
Swam with sharks
Seen Niagra falls
Been to Disney World florida
Seen Napolioans tomb
Been to the top of the Eiffel tower, Arc De Triumpth
Seen the Mona Lisa
See Michael Jackson, Aerosmith and Tom Jones in concert

I'm gonna update this list as I think of things.

Last edited by CrashTester; 26 Feb 2003 at 14:33.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 12:32   #2
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Things you want to do before you are 30..

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
See the space shuttle launch
*claims any and all possible 'comedy' answers here*
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 13:56   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Things I want to do:

Get a PhD.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 14:02   #4
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
have sex with a woman
write a novel, even a bad one
finish school
read the bible
move out of state
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 14:13   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Finish College (I've, like, packed in HND/Degree courses twice already);
Visit New Zealand;
And a drive round Silverstone would be nice...
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 14:25   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Things I want to do...
See the Pyramids
Visit : Tokyo, Boston, New York, LA, Chicago, Aspen, Lake Tahoe (most of the states really), Milan, Barcelona, Austria, Switzerland, More carribean islands, Hawaii, Vegas.
Fly a plane
Swim with Dolphins
Pass my Degree Course
Read various books.
Go see an international rugby match
Go see an international football match
Go see an F1 Race
Visit Monaco
Finish things that ive worked on in the past
Remove the clutter from life
Move to the States (maybe)
Buy a sports car or muscle car
Buy a house overlooking the ocean. (a flat will suffice)
Marry 'the girl of my dreams'
Have kids

im not going to bother listing the things ive done.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 14:31   #7
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Things I want to do:
Seize power in England by coup (bloodless or not - doesn't bother me)
Learn to play electric guitar
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 15:09   #8
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Things you want to do before you are 30..

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim

Things I want to do...
See the Pyramids
I've heard the Pyramids are a little disapointing.
The view you see of the Giza is always the same view, looking out into the desert.
According to some bloke down the pub, looking back from the desert it's all built up, and there is a KFC right opposite the Pyramids.

I may be wrong tho..

Last edited by Woof; 26 Feb 2003 at 16:33.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 16:54   #9
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
This thread is ageist.

Although, I can safely say that if I could remember what I wanted to do before I was 30, I probably did them, uinless it was something like get married or shag Kylie, both of which I'm still working on...

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 17:34   #10
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Someones been watching E4.

Top Priority - Ween myself out of these forums.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 17:44   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Things you want to do before you are 30..

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
The view you see of the Giza is always the same view, looking out into the desert.
According to some bloke down the pub, looking back from the desert it's all built up, and there is a KFC right opposite the Pyramids.

I may be wrong tho..
The Pyramids (and Sphinx) are great. There isnt exactly much inside them that you would consider of great interest, but just standing outside looking at them imagining how they were erected thousands of years ago is an experience i am glad i have had. They are on the outskirts of a built up area with Museams etc dedicated to them, but i dont remember seeing a KFC.

I'ld love to do a bungee jump at some point in my life.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 18:03   #12
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Its absolutely stupid to restrict yourself to 'do them before youre ... age.
I have absolutely no plans in life. That way its gonna be more exciting and spontanious (In theory)
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 18:08   #13
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Before i'm 30? Jeez... the list would probably start:

1. Get broadband
2. Get laid
3. ...
4. Profit

But after that it becomes slightly uncertain.
I hate flying, so going anywhere exotic is out of the question, so i guess i'll just mill around in europe and try to find something to do.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 18:39   #14
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Its absolutely stupid to restrict yourself to 'do them before youre ... age.
I have absolutely no plans in life. That way its gonna be more exciting and spontanious (In theory)
I dont mean to be nasty or anything but you will probably be one of those people that aged 30+ has the wife, kids, job and absolutely no money or experiences to show for your lifes work before you realise what you didnt do but could have. By then its too late, you have got yourself the biggest ball and chain ever and attached them firmly to your feet and things become that much harder to achieve.

And its not really about restricting yourself either.
The sooner you do something the sooner you can decide if its something you want to do again and again to enrich your life.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 18:45   #15
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
I hate flying, so going anywhere exotic is out of the question
Hitch to Singapore
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 19:51   #16
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all

Things to do by 30:

Get my degree in either economics or law or possibly both (if i can be bothered)
move to the states
be married to the girl of my dreams
have 2 kids
be rich (not amazingly rich just enough to live quite comfortably enjoying most of life's luxuries - not having to worry about how to pay the bills each month, that kind of rich)
have a great well paid job i enjoy doing

i'm sure i'd like to do alot more however if by 30 i'd accomplished all that i'd be happy
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 20:47   #17
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
have sex with a woman
me too!
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 20:54   #18
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Things i want to do

Get Married
Get A Decent Car
Have a Threesome
Possibly have a little d00d
Get a Base (House )
Visit Easter Island
Go Travelling in Oz Land
Go on a east - west road trip in the US
Piss off the Eiffel Tower

will think of more later

Last edited by Starbucks; 27 Feb 2003 at 13:21.
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 20:57   #19
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
The only thing I'm now living for: To marry and have kids.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 21:02   #20
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
earn £20k a year
Get married
Date a woman who doesnt have enough neuroses to shut down an entire mental ward.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 21:21   #21
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Things I want to do:

Get a PhD.

Indeed.

I also want to move away from my home town, but if I get offered a PhD place at one of the Uni's I have applied to I will have to move away anyway :D
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 21:29   #22
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Date a woman who doesnt have enough neuroses to shut down an entire mental ward.
Some things are too good to ask for.

Anyway..

Ride the trans-siberian, trans-canadian, and the australian railroad that goes through the outback
Visit England
Succeed in life
Have sex, although not as important as Muslim believes it is.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 22:38   #23
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Here we go:

Fall in love
Have some nippers
Become enlightened
Learn a foreign language or several
Travel to America, Africa, Asia, Australasia.
Run a marathon
Learn to ski
Learn to fly a plane
Own a plane
Earn lots of money so I can give back to mummy and daddy
See full virtual reality be born
See what's left of the 7 wonders
Become a Dr.
Learn PHP
Be a role model
Write a book
Film a film
Meet someone famous
Buy my daddy a plane and flying lessons
Make sure my whole family never has to worry about money
Gamble in Las Vegas
Teach
Get top 10 in PA ( :eek: )
Sky dive.
Bunjey jump
Go to WWII sites (Pegasus Bridge, Beaches, Arnhem)
Do that big walk over Holland where you drink 5 pints in one glass got to bed at 2 wake up at 6 walk for all day and get drunk again
Have my own un-capitalist business
Read a foreign book
Buy a holiday home in Monaco
Drive an F1 car
Be a rally driver
Have someone to connect to
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 22:44   #24
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
Fall in love
Have some nippers
Become enlightened
Travel to America, Africa, Asia, Australasia.
Run a marathon
Learn to ski
Learn to fly a plane
Own a plane
Earn lots of money so I can give back to mummy and daddy
See full virtual reality be born
See what's left of the 7 wonders
Become a Dr.
Learn PHP
Be a role model
Write a book
Film a film
Meet someone famous
Buy my daddy a plane and flying lessons
Make sure my whole family never has to worry about money
Gamble in Las Vegas
Teach
Sky dive.
Bunjey jump
Go to WWII sites (Pegasus Bridge, Beaches, Arnhem)
Do that big walk over Holland where you drink 5 pints in one glass got to bed at 2 wake up at 6 walk for all day and get drunk again
Have my own un-capitalist business
Read a foreign book
Buy a holiday home in Monaco
Drive an F1 car
Be a rally driver
yeah, right.

like you are ever gonna fall in love.

PS
i'm 22
at full speed ahead i might be able to get my phd by the time i'm 27 (w00t for me, i got accepted (with tuition paid and stipend) to cmu today)
leaving not that much time before i turn 30 to conquer the world etc.
and all the cool stuff is going to have to wait until 30-35.
boohoo.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:02   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I've changed my mind. I don't really care anymore. I think I've lost the will to live.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 23:11   #26
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
I've changed my mind. I don't really care anymore. I think I've lost the will to live.
:(
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:11   #27
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
I always figured I would be married with children and have my own successful buisness by the time I reached thirty.
Now here I am at 40, still single and working for someone else,
driving a 1984 4x4 pickup and watching Gilligans Island and MacGyver reruns. Who'd 'ave thunk it.
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:16   #28
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Nixjim
I always figured I would be married with children and have my own successful buisness by the time I reached thirty.
Now here I am at 40, still single and working for someone else,
driving a 1984 4x4 pickup and watching Gilligans Island and MacGyver reruns. Who'd 'ave thunk it.
please stop urinating on our beautiful fantasies
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:25   #29
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
TV SPIN OFF THIS IS...

- neway -

I want to do:

- Win lottery
- Go bungee jumping & snowboarding
- Learn how to skate
- Visit America --> NYC & LA
- Own a Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche and an Aston Martin model
- Own a Limo & Monster Truck
- Having a butler working for me *g*
- To be rich & wealthy with a private villa in Spain
- To watch Bill Gates die and then 'LAUGH'
- To see the monachy go down or see Prince Charles fight with The Queen "We are not amused"
- To see Mr Earl get raped by that boom boom fox
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:29   #30
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I am almost 27 and the only thing I want is to get to live together with my French godess and have a baby with her.

Hopefully i won't have to wait till i am 30.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:07   #31
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
I've changed my mind. I don't really care anymore.
You are trailing me, pull your socks up

Quote:
I dont mean to be nasty or anything but you will probably be one of those people that aged 30+ has the wife, kids, job and absolutely no money or experiences to show for your lifes work before you realise what you didnt do but could have. By then its too late, you have got yourself the biggest ball and chain ever and attached them firmly to your feet and things become that much harder to achieve.

And its not really about restricting yourself either.
The sooner you do something the sooner you can decide if its something you want to do again and again to enrich your life.
Close, am 22 and can do anything I want.
I think, just to spite you I will go see the pyrimids when i'm 30yrs and 1 day old...
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:09   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
It's not having no plans.

It's a positive desire to not bother.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:11   #33
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There are only two things I want to do before I'm thirty:

1) Make sure I haven't had a kid, accidentally or otherwise.
2) Make sure I haven't gotten married, accidentally or... you get the picture.

Why?

1) I hate kids
2) I'll be ****ed if she's getting half the house
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:23   #34
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote]Originally posted by xtothez
*claims any and all possible 'comedy' answers here* [/QUOT]

does any of them include the word landing?
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:36   #35
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
It's a positive desire to not bother.
Dunno about that, it sounds like a lotta work
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:37   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Dunno about that, it sounds like a lotta work
It's easy if you put your mind to it
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:39   #37
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
Here we go:

Fall in love
Learn to ski
Learn to fly a plane
Learn PHP
Meet someone famous
been there, done that
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 01:47   #38
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Want to do: (in no particular order)
  • threesome (2 girls)
  • paint a wholetrain whit at least 6 cars
  • See new york
  • travel to the philipines
  • smoke white kashmir
  • get a job
  • finish (go back to) school
  • make a music video for a band
  • get myself a big gun
  • burn a american and israelli flag at the same time
  • sleep outside (as a bum) for a week
  • find true love
  • make some music beats that are pubslihed
  • start a newspaper
  • get my cult up
  • start to sell "gateavisa"
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 02:08   #39
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Things you want to do before you are 30..

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof

been there done that, can't say i was impressed

didn t see the kfc however saw loads of egyptian kids trying to sell me cheap tacky ****
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 05:02   #40
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Get rich
Discover immortality
Start the first independant space colony

Or something similar.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 07:02   #41
SomeOneYouKnow
Treepex

SomeOneYouKnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Things I have done...
Saved a life
i would like to hear more of this please
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 10:33   #42
soul-runner

whats so desperate about doing things before you are 30?
I am 35 and have done more things in the last five years than i did in the first 30.

things i did before 30

got married (big mistake)
learnt to drive
went to the d day beaches
erm........

things i did after 30
went to L.A.
got divorced ( ahhhhhh thats better)
had no kids(wanted them once but not now)
visited new zealand
found a great woman who always wants to shag me silly
brought a house (fully paid for.....cool)
got a puppy (my ex hated dogs)
wasted lots of money on me (because i have no kids)
saw my footie team win at wembley ...again (up the posh)
been to the real boston (lincolnshire)
had my bank manager call me sir (not a big thing but its great)
started my own business
spent over £3000 on a car

basically i have done more in the last five years than i did in the first 30 and i have BIG plans to do a hell of alot more. dont want to rule the world just see it.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 12:50   #43
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by soul-runner
whats so desperate about doing things before you are 30?
I am 35 and have done more things in the last five years than i did in the first 30.

Its just a noteable age I chose since I believe the average age of this boards posters to be quite young (late teens, early twenties?) and its quite feasible to achieve a lot of things before that age, I just wanted to hear what people had in mind.

Its not to say that people will achieve everything they want before that age, as your case proves.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 12:58   #44
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:

Close, am 22 and can do anything I want.
I think, just to spite you I will go see the pyrimids when i'm 30yrs and 1 day old...
So aged 22 you have nothing you want to see or do before you are 30 or at all in your life?

I know you can do anything you want, but what have you done or what would you like to do? You will soon be 23, then 24, then 25..... time passed so quickly and then you are dead.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:04   #45
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeOneYouKnow
i would like to hear more of this please
When I was younger (about 15/16) I was skiing with the school in Austria. One day we went swimming to an indoor pool which had an outside area that was a huge loop that had a current so you could just float and you would move right around the loop and end up where you started.

The current, as you can guess, was created using pumps and such and it was quite powerful. One of the teachers who was there had brought his six year old daughter and was in the outside area with us and as we were swimming around, part of the course had so much suction under the water that the little girl was dragged towards it and started to go under.

It was even hard for me to swim against the current being created but I saw the girl struggling and swam towards her and grabbed her before she was pulled right under.

The teacher saw what happened but couldnt reach her in time.

I have no doubt that if noone had seen her and she had gone under, she would have drowned.

So I claim this to be saving a life. Hope you agree.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:11   #46
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
- Visit America to travel on one of the long railroads you see in the films (Ok so I love travelling by train :-/ )
- do one of those cross-countries rallies through Europe in a VW Camper
- Go to the american Ozzfest
- see whats left of the 7 wonders of the world
- go to Japan, Australia and Canada
- Piss off the Eiffel Tower
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:20   #47
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by insane_in_da_membrane
- Piss off the Eiffel Tower
excellent idea

added to my list
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 13:40   #48
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Do well, own all teh money, buy Rupert Murdoch and nationalise him, that sort of thing.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 14:17   #49
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
So aged 22 you have nothing you want to see or do before you are 30 or at all in your life?

I know you can do anything you want, but what have you done or what would you like to do? You will soon be 23, then 24, then 25..... time passed so quickly and then you are dead.
I may come up with somet I might like to do
but i cba how old I am when I do em.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 20:56   #50
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
I discovered yesterday that I am EXACTLY ten years younger than the Sensei who teaches me jitsu. I turned twenty on Monday and he turned thirty.

This means that in ten years time I need to have graded to 1st Dan. This is unlikely to happen though. I intend to have at least graded dark blue by then. I will have finished my masters and got a DPhil. I will also have bought my own island and lived on it as part of a 'reality' TV series.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote