User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:35   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Student Loans

so any of you planning to blow them in new and interesting ways?

(bloomers, please for the love of god read the title before you reply and don't assume i'm talking bout something else )
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 20:42   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Student Loans

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
(bloomers, please for the love of god read the title before you reply and don't assume i'm talking bout something else )
heh
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 21:16   #3
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
I'm definately looking forward to getting one of those in a few months time

Good thing i've got between now and then to considering how to blow it.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 21:24   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
invest it in stocks and shares that way you blow it gambling but look stylish doing it, OR you make a fortune and dont need university anymore...

whats your portfolio look like?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 21:25   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
whats your portfolio look like?
lots of room for expansion
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 22:07   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
[1] Gamble it on the Lotto

[2] Burn it

[3] Buy a PC with it
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 22:36   #7
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
Rent.
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 22:47   #8
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Taratang
Rent.
you crazy students you

everyone knows that's what your overdraft is for
Unread 2 Jan 2003, 22:50   #9
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
you crazy students you

everyone knows that's what your overdraft is for
Don't forget to use your credit card(s) all you budding students out there.
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak
Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 03:39   #10
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
my student loan doesn't even cover books/tuition :\
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 04:38   #11
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
i planned to save the first student loan in a high interest account (as high as it can be for just a 1 yr investment) and then combine it with my 2nd year loan and use it as a down payment for a house. With the house i could then rent it out to tenants which would pay for my accomodation and living expenses and then i could leave uni without being too heavily in debt and have a handy investment under my belt which could be the start of something great.

Unfortunately i didnt anticipate how much alcohol i could consume, how much i would go out (it's been a never ending freshers week, which also results in the munchies and a lot of takeaway) and how much of a shopaholic id turn into, so i blew my loan, this was shortly followed by my overdraft. My advice to any prospective students, have a bit of self control and think b4 u spend.

nb: Anyone thinkin about goin to Sheff uni feel free to PM me if u have ne questions, i went there totally blind about the place, but it's not too bad.
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 04:46   #12
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Mi5

nb: Anyone thinkin about goin to Sheff uni feel free to PM me if u have ne questions, i went there totally blind about the place, but it's not too bad.
or what you studying?

i have a few mates at sheff

one's studying to be a doctor, one does chemistry and the other is doing economics
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 05:07   #13
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Information Management (dont't ask, after 13 weeks i still don't know wtf it is, i chose on a spur of the moment thing cause i was late with the ucas).

That's kinda weird that ur m8s are doing what my m8s r doing. I know quite a few people doing Chemistry and Economics, as well as the President of my hall (aka sir stoner and beer monster)who's in his second yr of med skewl
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2003, 05:25   #14
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Mi5
Information Management (dont't ask, after 13 weeks i still don't know wtf it is, i chose on a spur of the moment thing cause i was late with the ucas).

That's kinda weird that ur m8s are doing what my m8s r doing. I know quite a few people doing Chemistry and Economics, as well as the President of my hall (aka sir stoner and beer monster)who's in his second yr of med skewl
the chem and medic mate are both in 2nd yr, the econ one dropped out of leeds so not sure if he's retaking his first yr at sheff or doing his 2nd one