User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Feb 2006, 14:15   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Suggestions for the forums

Since there isn't a suggestions forum for the forums I'd figure I just post this in GD.

Some improvements I think the forums could use:

1. Enable images in posts. We're all responsible members of the community for the most part. The mods are active. It could be helpful when someone is explaining something to include a graphic or a chart of sometype. I don't see any decent argument that can explain why we shouldn't have this enabled. I imagine some people will feel offended by this and imagine it will turn the forum into a shit magnet, I say on the otherhand it will give some unscrupulous people we all know enough rope to hang themselves with. Nay, the many shoudn't be punished by the imagined deeds of others. I think posts will be enhanced with this enabled.

2. Allow users to create polls in their threads.

3. Don't upgrade to VB 3.5, it's shit.

4. Get rid of .

5. Get rid of that other thing.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 14:18   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Suggestions for the forums

I don't mind images being enabled so long as there's an option to disable it on the viewer side (without turning off images generally in my browser).

I don't care about polls either way so yeah fine.

I have no idea whether VB3.5 is shit so I'll take your word for it.

I agree on #4.

And no on #5.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 14:18   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Allow the execution of shit board members by a majority vote.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 14:29   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If we enabled images they would have to be moderated - i.e. not shown until approved by a moderator. We're not having ****** spread over these forums, and we have enough shitheads who would try it.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 14:55   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If we enabled images they would have to be moderated - i.e. not shown until approved by a moderator. We're not having ****** spread over these forums, and we have enough shitheads who would try it.
This would be easy to get around though : only allow people who have been registered for more than a year to post images, and their registration date get's reset to today if they semi-abuse it, or their account deleted if they post ****** or similar.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 15:57   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
This would be easy to get around though : only allow people who have been registered for more than a year to post images, and their registration date get's reset to today if they semi-abuse it, or their account deleted if they post ****** or similar.
But that would require more coding, and coding's hard
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 15:58   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
There should be less nudity. Especially from the moderators.
But more sex, right?
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 16:08   #8
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
But that would require more coding, and coding's hard
We run vb3.5 and we can do that without coding.

Upgrading to 3.5 would give you AJAX editing and a host of new things.

s|k - wanna explain why you thing 3.5 is shit instead of just saying it?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 16:18   #9
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

3.5 isn't shit. It's much easier to code for I've found compared to previous versions.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 18:25   #10
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

I don't know anything about this 3.5 stuff (allthough looking at this thread a lot of people are in favour of it, so it must be good ^^) but I agree on the "give people the ability to use image tags" thing.

so yeah, start a revolution etc.
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 19:01   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Dude, just go to SA and post there.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 20:20   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like reading these forums at school because I can pretty much get away with it on the white background, as it isn't obvious I'm dossing.

If pictures and stuff are on it, I don't think I'd be able to check them as it'd be too obvious.

In some ways I am very for it, in others I am against it.

The others, I just give a hearty "meh".
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 20:30   #13
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

You can turn images off providing you have a decent enough browser - Opera can do it by default and you can also do it in Firefox through a plugin.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 20:52   #14
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
s|k - wanna explain why you thing 3.5 is shit instead of just saying it?
Because it's been buggy for me. Sometimes the pages wont load, sometimes the buttons don't work for me. I don't know, it really seems to put the asynchronous into the A in AJAX.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 20:54   #15
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I like reading these forums at school because I can pretty much get away with it on the white background, as it isn't obvious I'm dossing.

If pictures and stuff are on it, I don't think I'd be able to check them as it'd be too obvious.

In some ways I am very for it, in others I am against it.

The others, I just give a hearty "meh".
There's an option for disabling it in the Cpanel so you don't have to use your browser image turn off feature. Those people that don't want images, I assume their in the minority, wont be hurt by the allowing of images as they can turn them off.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 21:02   #16
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As an active moderator of this forum, I'd liek to state quite clearly at this point that I will not, have not and most certainly do not give a crap.

However, anyone putting up images of the Goat man (or anything else I don't like, see Clause 1) will be banned instantly to a forum populated exclusively by TMG#1 through 7

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 21:03   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
You can turn images off providing you have a decent enough browser - Opera can do it by default and you can also do it in Firefox through a plugin.
Absolutley, but not all of us are in a position to choose our browser while at work. I can only use Internet Explorer there, and I suspect others are in a similar position.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 21:20   #18
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Absolutley, but not all of us are in a position to choose our browser while at work. I can only use Internet Explorer there, and I suspect others are in a similar position.
You can shut it off without the browser in the user cp section (I incorrectly called it cpanel in my last post).

It's the in the options section and is called:

Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

It's right right below 'Show Avatar' options.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 21:24   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You can shut it off without the browser in the user cp section (I incorrectly called it cpanel in my last post).
Cool. As I said in my original post I'm fine with it, so long as the above is true. Otherwise the 3/4 managers who sit behind me will become unhealthily interested in what I'm doing.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 21:46   #20
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This thread made me miss TMG

Anyways, images are nice enough. But the subject has been discussed so many times, and it does not seem like it will ever be implemented. And it's not a big loss either way, if you really want to show a image you can link it easily. And im not too keen on seeing tubgirl or whatever, and we all know that it will happen (gimmick lol) even if there's a limit of a year/postcount/*.
I don't really care about polls, but it would be okay I guess. The first few weeks will probably be full of shit polls. That other thing is rep, no? I actually like that, it's satisfying to give negative rep sometimes, and it's very :ninja: too.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote