User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Jan 2004, 14:19   #1
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
Pick me 20cool XBOX games

i am going to buy an xbox + 20 games off of ebay from this guy for £250 quite a good deal methinks, the xbox includes halo and midtown madness 3 so really its 22 games im getting

> Beyond good and Evil
> I ninja
> Counter Strike
> Tom And Jerry
> Harry Potter Quidditch
> Finding nemo
> Secert Weapons Over Normandy
> Deus X
> The Sims
> Crazy Taxi 3
> Toca Race Driver
> Club Football Arsenal
> Amped 2
> Midway Arcade Classics
> Mission Impossible
> Max Payne 2
> Prince Of Persia
> Grand Theft Auto
> Grand Theft Auto Vice City
> Broken Sword "The Sleeping Dragon"
> xiii
> Need For Speed Underground
> Battlestar Gala
> Jedi Academy
> Tony Hawks Underground
> Rainbow Six 3
> S.W.A.T
> The Lord Of The Rings "Two Towers"
> The Lord Of The Rings "Return Of The Kings"
> Gladius
> Project Gotham 2
> Freedom Fighters
> Fifa 2004
> Tiger Woods 2004
> Links 2004
> Medal Of Honour " Rising Sun"
> Medal Of Honour
> The Simpsons
> The Simpsons "Hit and Run"
> Buffy 1
> Buffy 2
> Snooker 2003
> Dino Crisis 3
> Mace Griffon Bounty Hunter
> Colin McCrae 4
> House Of The Dead 3
> Sega Gt
> Freaky Flyers
> Serious Sam
> Fifa 2003
> Crash Bandicoot
> Outlaw Vollyball
> Halo
> Rayman 3
> Deer Hunter 2004
> Wallace And Grommit "Project Zoo"
> Midtown Madness 3
> Enter The Matrix
> Dragons Lair
> Redcard
> Yager
> 007 Nightfire
> Soldier Of fortune 2
> Conflict Desert Storm 2
> Burnout 2
> Brute Force
> Ghost Recon
> Starsky And Hutch
> Moto Gp 2
> Time Splitters 2
> Red Faction 2
> State Of Emergency
> Diseny Skaters

out of these games advise me what 20 i should pick?
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 14:25   #2
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
Re: Pick me 20cool XBOX games

see i'm going to do that aswell once i've saved up the cash, got a ps2 atm so no point in saying buy that. buying the gamecube basically for Super Monkeyball 1&2 and Mario Kart Double Dash, Zelda series, any other good games im forgetting?
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 14:26   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

forget the fps and then take whatever u can resell at the highest price.
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 15:50   #4
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose it's all a matter of taste, but Vice City has got to be in there
Need for Speed: Underground is one of the best games I've played recently too

I enjoyed games like Ghost Recon, Max Payne 2 and Jedi Academy on the PC but I have no idea how they will play on a console rather than with a keyboard and mouse
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 16:46   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

also THUG and beyond good and evil (<---- far better than zelda)
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 17:08   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon
see i'm going to do that aswell once i've saved up the cash, got a ps2 atm so no point in saying buy that. buying the gamecube basically for Super Monkeyball 1&2 and Mario Kart Double Dash, Zelda series, any other good games im forgetting?
F Zero, Pikmin, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Metroid Prime, Soul Caliber 2

are 5 that spring to mind.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 18:01   #7
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

hi recon . Hope your well etc.

1 - Good games (imo from what iv tried on ps2 and xbox) get:
2 - Counter Strike
3 - Tom And Jerry (sounds shite, if its the one im thinking of it has a wicked multiplayer)
4 - Deus X
5 - Crazy Taxi 3
6 - Max Payne 2
7 - Grand Theft Auto
8 - Grand Theft Auto Vice City
9 - Need For Speed Underground
10 - Tony Hawks Underground
11 - Rainbow Six 3
12 - Project Gotham 2
13 - Fifa 2004
14 - Tiger Woods 2004 (dunno about it but a couple of my mates rant about it, but iv never played it)
15 - Medal Of Honour " Rising Sun"
16 - Medal Of Honour
17 - Colin McCrae 4
18 - House Of The Dead 3
19 - Sega Gt
20 - Fifa 2003
21 - State Of Emergency

Madina
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 18:17   #8
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
i am going to buy an xbox + 20 games off of ebay from this guy for £250 quite a good deal methinks, the xbox includes halo and midtown madness 3 so really its 22 games im getting

> Beyond good and Evil V cool game but maybe too easy
> I ninja Never heard of it
> Counter Strike Buy
> Tom And Jerry never seen it
> Harry Potter Quidditch Actually quite good for a sports game, kinda lick hockey meets football
> Finding nemo not seen it to comment
> Secert Weapons Over Normandy Don't know enough about it
> Deus X Classic
> The Sims Good stuff
> Crazy Taxi 3 Tired
> Toca Race Driver Great racing game, Crap characterization.
> Club Football Arsenal Don't know anythign abotu this
> Amped 2 If it's a skiboarding game then it won't be better than SSX
> Midway Arcade Classics Ewww avoid any notion of paying for retro when you have the net
> Mission Impossible Wannabe Syphon Filter...
> Max Payne 2 Good but more a personally accquired taste.
> Prince Of Persia Heard great things but may not be everyone's cup of tea.
> Grand Theft Auto Better on the pc
> Grand Theft Auto Vice City Better on the pc
> Broken Sword "The Sleeping Dragon" Accquired taste
> xiii Really quite good but fustratingly difficult at times, better than max payne imo.
> Need For Speed Underground Buy buy buy if you like racing arcade games
> Battlestar Gala Don't know anything about this title
> Jedi Academy Ditto
> Tony Hawks Underground The best out of the franchise and hopefully the last.
> Rainbow Six 3 Heard good things about the x-box live capabilties
> S.W.A.T Not heard enough about this title
> The Lord Of The Rings "Two Towers" Don't know enough about this title
> The Lord Of The Rings "Return Of The Kings" Great hack and slash, quite fun.
> Gladius Draws a blank from me on the what this is like front
> Project Gotham 2 Intresting premise, Crap delivery
> Freedom Fighters Tis ok
> Fifa 2004 Well if you can't get ISS3 you'll have to settle for this for footy.
> Tiger Woods 2004 HEard it was v easy
> Links 2004 Don't know enough about this title
> Medal Of Honour " Rising Sun" Rather short, nothing fresh on the MOH front.
> Medal Of Honour Nice enough game
> The Simpsons Buy the title below
> The Simpsons "Hit and Run" Buy this and never regret
> Buffy 1 Average
> Buffy 2 Good hack and slash limited replayability and semi-decent multiplayer options
> Snooker 2003 Matter of taste
> Dino Crisis 3 Get the res evil games.
> Mace Griffon Bounty Hunter Don't know anything about this
> Colin McCrae 4 Prolly quite good given the McCrae series
> House Of The Dead 3 bang bang bang bang bang, your call.
> Sega Gt nah
> Freaky Flyers nah
> Serious Sam nah
> Fifa 2003 nah
> Crash Bandicoot nah
> Outlaw Vollyball nah
> Halo you already have this
> Rayman 3 nah
> Deer Hunter 2004 nah
> Wallace And Grommit "Project Zoo" Ratchet and Clunk Clone, more aimed at kiddies
> Midtown Madness 3 You got this
> Enter The Matrix Quaint
> Dragons Lair Know nothing about this
> Redcard or this
> Yager or this
> 007 Nightfire tis ok
> Soldier Of fortune 2 good
> Conflict Desert Storm 2 nah
> Burnout 2 good
> Brute Force Don't know enough about this
> Ghost Recon or this
> Starsky And Hutch Driver clone prolly not
> Moto Gp 2 IF you like bikes then sure
> Time Splitters 2 Great multiplayer, get it if you like goldeneye style fun with mates, poor single player
> Red Faction 2 Tis ok
> State Of Emergency Know nothing about it
> Diseny Skaters Buy it if you want to be laughed out of the gameshop/

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 18:47   #9
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hope u hav a big hous, teh XBOX is huuuuuj am i rite?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 18:50   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Hope u hav a big hous, teh XBOX is huuuuuj am i rite?
Hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 18:52   #11
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Rainbow Six 3 over xBox Live! is absolutely amazing if you use voice, easily one of the best games I've ever played.

My advice, buy a new xBox, get Live! and broadband and get R63. You'll never ever ever want to play anything else*

*until about 4pm EST when the 12yr old kids come on and find it amusing to discharge their M203 attachments at the door you and your team mates are about to kick down.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 18:58   #12
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldn't recommend getting medal of honour rising sun because of the control interface. witht he control pad it's ****ing hard to aim at anything smaller than an elephant because you have to use the bloody nickety right knob thing, like halo. but in halo you have these weapons that fire quickly so its not so much of an issue, whereas in rising sun you have single fire then reload weapons so in a firefight it can be very tiresome. get a mouse if you or something
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 00:38   #13
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

> Beyond good and Evil
> Counter Strike
> Deus X
> Max Payne 2
> Prince Of Persia
> Grand Theft Auto
> xiii
> Jedi Academy
> Tony Hawks Underground
> Rainbow Six 3
> Project Gotham 2
> Fifa 2004
> Halo
> Midtown Madness 3
> Time Splitters 2

Out of those, that's what I would pick, although I haven't heard anything about quite a few, so there may be a few good ones I missed. Any of the FPS you're probably better off getting them on PC if they're available.
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 01:32   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

> Beyond good and Evil
> I ninja
> Counter Strike
> Secert Weapons Over Normandy
> Deus X
> Max Payne 2
> Prince Of Persia
> Grand Theft Auto
> Broken Sword "The Sleeping Dragon"
> xiii
> Jedi Academy
> Rainbow Six 3
> The Lord Of The Rings "Return Of The Kings"
> Gladius
> Project Gotham 2
> Links 2004
> Time Splitters 2

Them. There you go. I am biased however - I also own an Xbox and dislike sport games in general.

As for the GameCube:

- Metroid Prime
- Super Smash Brothers Melee
- Pikmin
- Zelda Wind Waker
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Eternal Darkness
- Viewtiful Joe
- Mario Kart Double Dash
- F-Zero
- Star Wars Rogue Leader

Should be enough for now.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 01:34   #15
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I'd seriously advise skipping on GTA and GTA: VC if you have a pc that can run them.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 01:37   #16
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

actually, the XBOX version is supposed to be ace because it has the improved graphics but the more intuitive control system (scope weapons excluded)

by the way, as i have only played but dont own VC for PC, how easy is the 'the shooter' mission? i ca't see it being anything but piss easy
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote