User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Mar 2003, 06:45   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Place your bets.

How about a sweepstake on the date for the fall of Baghdad?

26th March [ ]
27th March [ ]
28th March [ ]
29th March [x]<------Embroglio (happy birthday when it comes)

30th March [ ]
31st March [ ]
1st April [x] <--------Judge.
2nd April [x]<--------Iniluki & JonnyBGood
3rd April [ ]
4th April [ ]
5th April [ ]

6th April [ ]
7th April [x]<---------Apothos
8th April [x]<---------Zh|l
9th April [x]<---------Dave
10th April [x]<------- Flavius
11th April [x]<--------Starbucks
12th April [x]<--------Zharkov

13th April [x]>--------CoD
14th April [x] <-------Torz
15th April [x]<--------Sandsnake & LHC (happy birthday LHC when it comes)
16th April [x]<-------one
17th April [x]<-------Mushroom
18th April [x]<-------Kurashima
19th April [ ]

25th April [x]<-------Structural Integrity & Recon (happy bthday when it Comes Recon)

May 5th [x] <------ sh@dow
May 26th [x]<----- nickhall

June 10th [x]<-----Anaximander

December 25th[x]<---Jammers

Add any other date of your choice?

Take your pick, and the winner gets what will soon become a rare and wonderful gift.

Last edited by Judge; 28 Mar 2003 at 17:16.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 06:51   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
7th April.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 06:51   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
1st April!!!!

Dont take the thunder from my site launch :-(

anyway, i think it might get complicated

put me down for the 11th
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 06:51   #4
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
mid-april...The battle for Baghdad won't even start for a couple more days, and it will start MILES south.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 06:54   #5
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
mid-april...The battle for Baghdad won't even start for a couple more days, and it will start MILES south.
Ok I will put you down for the 15th?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 07:05   #6
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
8th

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 07:17   #7
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
This is very much in line with American's attitude towards war in general. Today I was sitting on the bus and the bus driver asked some other kid "How's the war going?" The kid responded about how we captured 3500 Iraqis today and blah blah blah. It sounded like they were discussing the super bowl. It's stuff like this that makes me glad I don't have television.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 07:46   #8
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
9th.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 08:48   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the opinion of the stockmarkets is that itll last a while , hence why they all crashed yesterday.

April 18th
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:46   #10
Judge
Doh!

Any more takers?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:57   #11
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
hmm

17th April

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:59   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
april 25th....

What exactly do you mean with the "fall of baghdad"? When do you consider the city fallen?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:00   #13
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
They wont take Baghdad. And I still think that there wont be any Baghdad left as Mr. Bush will nuke them someday when he gets to know that this war is getting longuer than his father's.

Then the world well go kaboom.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:04   #14
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
april 25th....

What exactly do you mean with the "fall of baghdad"? When do you consider the city fallen?
Ok to qualify that statement, I suggest that the Fall of Baghdad, be defined as when the fact has been Reported by an independant news source. (not UK or US) German or French perhaps?

Any suggestions?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:13   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Ok to qualify that statement, I suggest that the Fall of Baghdad, be defined as when the fact has been Reported by an independant news source. (not UK or US) German or French perhaps?

Any suggestions?
http://english.aljazeera.net ?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:16   #16
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
http://english.aljazeera.net ?
Ok then np, if and when that particular news channel announces that Baghdad has fallen, then that will be the accepted date.

If they fail to announce it (due to political reasons) then an average of all the other News announcements will be considered as the Relevant date.

Fair enough?

Last edited by Judge; 26 Mar 2003 at 22:29.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:17   #17
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Ok then np, if and when that particular new channel announces that Baghdag has fallen, the that will be the accepted date.

If they fail to announce it (due to political reasons) then an average of all the other News announcements will be considered as the Relevant date.

Fair enough?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:41   #18
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
14th of April.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:43   #19
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
May 5th, it'll last longer than they would have you think

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:58   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
2nd of April. And if the Americans pull a Mogadishu it could be sometime next year heh.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 20:54   #21
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
29th of March, just because thats my b'day.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 21:06   #22
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
in 2003, if they are lucky
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 22:08   #23
one

16th April

Thats the last day of my exams.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 22:09   #24
schenky
Commander

schenky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
in 2003, if they are lucky

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." George W. Bush, December 18, 2000.
schenky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 22:12   #25
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
25th April for me

cause its me 18th that day too phw0ar
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 22:30   #26
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
13th April
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 22:32   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
if the 15th was still open I'd take that, since it's my birthday.

I'll have the 12th
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 22:35   #28
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
if the 15th was still open I'd take that, since it's my birthday.

I'll have the 12th
U can still have the 15th, even tho it is taken?

Your choice.

And happy Birthday when it comes.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 22:36   #29
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
thankyou, in that case I'll take the 15th
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 22:38   #30
Judge
Doh!

What surprises me is that no one has asked what the "Rare and Wonderful gift" is yet?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 23:40   #31
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
May 26th
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 23:48   #32
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
April 12th please
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 00:06   #33
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
December 25th, to be announced in the Kings Speech. (Its a double whammy of a prediction)
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 01:46   #34
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Talking Comedy option?

Never. Allah is great and Mohammed is his prophet, and Baghdad He loves most of all.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:52   #35
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
I fear this needs to be bumped...
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:00   #36
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
June the 10th
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:04   #37
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
I fear this needs to be bumped...
Or stickied?
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:05   #38
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
Or stickied?
a winnar si yuo
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 08:27   #39
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Bump

We have some LOSERS

Unread 4 Apr 2003, 08:32   #40
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
It'll be over By Christmas

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:01   #41
fdm2907
Banned

fdm2907 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Bump

We have some LOSERS

im almost winning
fdm2907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:19   #42
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by fdm2907
im almost winning
Me too even though I wasn't placed in the first post with my foretelling
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:21   #43
fdm2907
Banned

Quote:
Me too even though I wasn't placed in the first post with my foretelling

I actually said a date (10th April [x]<------- Flavius), you said Never
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:22   #44
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
I actually said a date (10th April [x]<------- Flavius), you said Never
SO?
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:23   #45
fdm2907
Banned

Quote:
SO?

You wont be alive to prove you won
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 13:31   #46
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
You wont be alive to prove you won
You have a point. But I consider myself to have won, if none of you has the right answer.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 14:28   #47
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
July 7th
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 15:34   #48
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
19th
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 15:35   #49
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by insane_in_da_membrane
July 7th
nothing overrides my birthday.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 15:40   #50
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
29th March [x]<------Embroglio
1st April [x] <--------Judge.