User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Nov 2002, 15:32   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Looking for this movie

It's not THAT new, I believe it's from last year (or two years ago), and I remember in the trailer there being this floating city with flying sailboats docking.
I cannot remember anything else from it, so I'm not expecting much from posting this, but if you know the title you will get a bisquit!!!
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 16:06   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
i pray to god you don't mean waterworld...
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 16:21   #3
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
flying sailboats...reminds me of the intro to FF9 but thats not a film so ignore me
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 16:22   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
http://us.imdb.com/Plot?0115159

?
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 16:24   #5
Ragnarak

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0114898

?

(anything else you remember about it?)
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 16:30   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0114898

?

(anything else you remember about it?)
It was DEFINATELY not waterworld, but the Dragon Flyz one could be the one....

Sadly I don't know any other details. It was in my pre-broadband times and I decided back then I really wanted to see that movie. =/
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 16:52   #7
Fluffy Bunny II

Could it be "Attack of The Floating City With Flying Sailing Boats Docking"?
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 13:22   #8
Lord Skragg

What about The Fifth Element? I remeber there being a bit in the trailer showing a flying Chinese junk ship...
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:04   #9
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
nah.. that's only a floating chinese take-away, and the city/buildings are not floating, they are firmly rooted to the ground.

Two questions to help narrow it down:

1) Is it animated?

2) Is it chinese or of foreign descent, or was it b-grade in anyway?

I seem to recall seeing some movie like that a while ago, but I can't remember either.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:08   #10
Lord Skragg

Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
nah.. that's only a floating chinese take-away, and the city/buildings are not floating, they are firmly rooted to the ground.

=[DJ Bass]=
Duh no **** sherlock. I HAVE seen teh movie. The buildings are very high up, remeber? They look as though they may be floating!
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:12   #11
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Skragg

Duh no **** sherlock. I HAVE seen teh movie. The buildings are very high up, remeber? They look as though they may be floating!
we'll just settle for a difference in interpretation then, cause at no point did I ever suspect the buildings may be floating...

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:15   #12
Cocaine

Quote:

no they dont....they are quite obviously firmly rooted to the ground
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:22   #13
Lord Skragg

m thinking in terms of someone who has seen only teh trailer and not teh full film....
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:24   #14
Cocaine

Quote:
m thinking in terms of someone who has seen only teh trailer and not teh full film....
true....my post was just there to cause trouble....i dont actually care
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:29   #15
Lord Skragg

Tch, yer a reet old cheecky spamming monkeh, arent ya?
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:33   #16
Cocaine

Quote:
Tch, yer a reet old cheecky spamming monkeh, arent ya?
its my lunch break and i'm bored
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 17:13   #17
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
Laputa?
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 18:01   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by djbass

Two questions to help narrow it down:

1) Is it animated?

2) Is it chinese or of foreign descent, or was it b-grade in anyway?

I seem to recall seeing some movie like that a while ago, but I can't remember either.

=[DJ Bass]=
No, it's not animated... it's a "real" movie...
And I'm quite sure it's not a B-movie either, else they wouldn't have showed trailers of it on TV.
=/
It's poo I don't know any other details.... I only remember that little bit...
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 18:25   #19
Dibdevlin
N/A

Dibdevlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity

No, it's not animated... it's a "real" movie...
And I'm quite sure it's not a B-movie either, else they wouldn't have showed trailers of it on TV.
=/
It's poo I don't know any other details.... I only remember that little bit...

Where do you live? or I should say where was the movie released?
Dibdevlin is offline   Reply With Quote