User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 1 Sep 2005, 17:50   #1
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
builing pc problems

built a new shuttle pc, ordered all the parts and put it together easy enough, installed windows xp, was doing the copying files part and after id setup the network part i got a blue screen of death and i had to turn off the pc, so i restarted it and now nothing happens, when i switch on all the power etc comes on but i cant get anything onto the monitor, tried a new gfx card and have the same problem, not really sure whats wrong now. any ideas?

edit: tested the monitor and that works too
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 12:06   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: builing pc problems

Did you remember to put the CPU fan on? (Have forgotten that before, but not for long ...)

Also, did you check the max power output of your PSU? Can it cope with the processor etc, or did it sort of fry? Some of them have an auto cutout if they're nearing overload, allowing them to cool down, so if you wait for half a day and try again, it might turn on for a bit. (Done this too..)