User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Oct 2003, 14:56   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
PC Freezing

My PC just randomly freezes and there's no way of unfreezing it. This might be related with that pc crashing thread where it has something to do with the memory or gfx card but how do I find out?

Radeon9600 non-pro and memory is 512mb ddr400 (x2 = 1024mb) - twinmos i think (p4 system)
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 15:05   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Re: PC Freezing

Could be anything but if it is random, then i'm more inclined to bevlieve it is a hardware problem, try switching the ram with a m8 or something.

try switching the GFX card
try switching PSU
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 07:28   #3
Tweakster
I'm back baby!

Tweakster is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to agree. A friend of mine had a similar problem recently with a new system (much the same as yours) and narrowed it down to bad memory. Replacing the memory solved the problem.

With such a problem though, it truely could be anything.
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 10:11   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

MemTest86 to the rescue
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 17:41   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

yeah I tried Prime95 last night and it finished several hours - I tried out that Memtest86 and it also stated bad memory modules

guess I need new memory ...
----------retired-------
Unread 8 Oct 2003, 21:12   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My IBM IntelliStation has just decided to crap out thanks to dodgy memory chips. It's just not a happy week for memory is it ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:20   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

down with memory

btw - I don't suppose changing the CAS, RAS etc. settings in BIOS would help? :O only my warranty ran out and I need to get new memory
----------retired-------
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 22:23   #8
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You may be able to lower CAS, It is probably set to 3, try 2

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote