User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2007, 19:59   #1
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Cluster ETA

Please make a poll about this point.
I personally think cluster etas are damaging to alliances, and encourage solo and xp play, and should be removed.
Unread 24 Mar 2007, 20:19   #2
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough
Re: Cluster ETA

Yes, please make one

Although i must say, i dont agree with Gio2k's arguements. Promoting solo and xp play is a good thing, aslong as their advantages does not get too far out of hand, compared to alliance/horde play. It also promotes non-p2p players, which is what we all long for this game to be, aren't we?
Unread 24 Mar 2007, 21:02   #3
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Please make a poll about this point.
I personally think cluster etas are damaging to alliances, and encourage solo and xp play, and should be removed.
i agree with gio2k and would vote for their removal... with alliances the way they are, it does lead to solo players who dont bother defending members outside of their cluster (or at all, which reduces alliances to bg's tbh)... and the inability for alliances to help with certain defence (unless they have players in-cluster). e.g. incluster fi/co eta, and makes for what i call 'stupid' etas in defending which can seriously ruin certain stats, making the balances a bit screwy (e.g in-c destroyers defending against universe fi?).
i say get rid of them, stats have enough problems as it is

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]

Last edited by -Blue Moon-; 26 Mar 2007 at 13:21.
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2007, 01:19   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I'm very happy with the cluster eta. That it favors solo playing is a good point, I don't see why you should have to join an alliance in order to do well.
Everything that shifts the gameplay towards galaxies is good.
I would remove the alliances (or their eta advantage) just one round, I'm sure it would be an improvement.
Unread 25 Mar 2007, 12:41   #5
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Game design ain't a democratic process.
Unread 25 Mar 2007, 13:46   #6
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

cluster eta sucks and makes allies act as attackgroups more or less i play pa cos of its teamwork within allies but now its just is boring :/

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2007, 20:11   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Having cluster alliances was one of the best things about PA back in the day, and many "proper" alliances formed out of previous' rounds cluster alliances.

I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 00:01   #8
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

The clusters are too small for this to work properly. Either make clusters bigger (minimum 15 galaxies) and possibly make galaxies stronger (larger BPs, larger galaxies), or remove the cluster ETA.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 00:13   #9
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

There has been a poll about this already, didnt you realise?
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 00:32   #10
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdm Thrawn
There has been a poll about this already, didnt you realise?

where? in the basement with you and the smurfs?

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 00:47   #11
TheMedic

TheMedic is an unknown quantity at this point

yea there was a poll where you could vote 1000 times if you wanted, i agree with comraderob and either do away with the in cluster eta's or make the clusters larger.
TheMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 10:39   #12
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
I don't see how this is a bad thing.
The comparison with old rounds isn't really valid. As other mentioned clusters were bigger then and alliances had more control over the clusters due to 'private' galaxies. In the early rounds (at least, from the ones i played, r4+) a galaxy simply belonged to a certain block and teamed with other galaxies in the same cluster to get control over a cluster (which was ofcourse encouraged by alliances as it meant less universal enemies to worry about). But with random placement as it is, you end up having roughly every (alliance/block) part of the universe in your galaxy. And this makes it impossible to mix cluster play with alliance play, as you simply can't organize anything properly on cluster scale without harming either your alliance or galaxy relations.
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 13:39   #13
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Every cluster just has a useless NAP, c-alliances only truly work now if you have an alliance or block domination the cluster to make it properly work.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 12:35   #14
Mortal
Crazy fin

Mortal is an unknown quantity at this point

cluster eta sucks

R14-17 - HR
R17-20 - Omen
R21 - Angels
R22 - Jenova