User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Oct 2004, 23:10   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
3DMark05

Good grief, it looks absolutely stunning. That image looks more like something you'd download from a 3D wallpaper site than a real-time render.
I'm definately looking forward to January when I'll have my new system that will actually run it (it required DirectX 9 hardware support, which puts my GeForce4 out of the picture).

Link (for those lucky enough to be able to use it now).
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 22:09   #2
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 3DMark05

I will give this nice piece of software a try, as soon as I get home to my brand new computer this weekend.
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 11:23   #3
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Well... You need at least a GF6800NU or X800 to run it acceptably, but then again its for the future series of graphics cards.

On my R9800Pro it runs like crap, and for any computer no matter how fast the CPU, the CPU tests are designed to run like crap too.

http://xrl.us/c9sc if anyone is interested, ho ho ho...

but yes it does look stunning, my fav is the 2nd test (Firefly one), the rolling demo has sound too, although I need to run it at 800x600 for acceptable framerates

Also there is an easter egg discovered already, run the program with switch -lehma (i think you need the umlaut on the 'a') and run the demo and you get flying cows instead of the bird things, hehe.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 11:41   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well the main specs for my new system are already set, they should do an ok job of it at lower res. The aim is for a system that will comfortably run 3DMark03 at a high res seeing as that more or less represents games coming out now.

Spec:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ (Socket 939, 90nm, Winchester)
nVidia nForce4 Ultra based motherboard (likely to be Abit or Asus)
nVidia GeForce 6600GT PCI-express

The 6600GT comes significantly higher than your Radeon 9800 Pro and lower than the 6800GT in the performance stakes.
It's ATI equivilant is the Radeon X700 Pro PCI-e (the Radeon X800 Pro being the equivilant to the 6800GT).
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 11:53   #5
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

yes a 6600GT will do well aswell., but if you look at my fps, even a 50-100% increase is still jerk city, CPU tests won't be much of an improvement either, the designer himself stated that it was designed to cripple the most fastest CPUs.

The 6600GT would pwn 3DM03 however.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 13:35   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Thats well within what I'm aiming for, so it's all good.
I'm going for the 6600 rather than the 6800 because
a) I'm not a millionaire yet.
b) You can passively cool the 6600 with Zalman's ZM80D-HP and I like my computers quiet.
Unread 30 Oct 2004, 13:48   #7
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

2357 3Dmarks
3196 cpumarks

that's a radeon 9800 SE softmodded to pro and athlon64 2800
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 23:19   #8
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent done ti with my 6800 GT but it does look pretty

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude