User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Apr 2005, 03:03   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Thumbs up I bought an MP3 Player..

and it rocks!!!!!!1111111
The Creative Zen Micro . I bought it this last weekend. I've never owned an ipod or know anyone who does so I can't compare it. Personally this thing is gourgeous. I have a light silver and white one. I give this thing two thumbs up! It is super sexy, I've put 12 CD's worth of music on it already. Also it glows when you plug it in and the light fades on and off, sort of etheral like, putting you to sleep at night while you listen to Thievery Corp.

It's about the same price as an ipod mini, I bought this because I've bought music off of Real and you can't play them on an Ipod.

Anyhow, this thing is just amazing. The sound is beautiful and this thing is tiny. My only complaint are the headphones and the menu system. The ear pieces have a cloth cover that comes off when you pull it out of your pockets, I've already lost one. The menu is difficult to navigate, and it's easy to accidentally choose the wrong thing which could stop your music or change it.

But overall it's just a great little toy. I love it.

a great video review of it:
http://cnet.nytimes.com/4505-6490_7-31151929.html
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 03:16   #2
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts
Re: I bought an MP3 Player..

i dont get ipods. you seem to pay a lot more for something that, although lighter, does not allow you to do what you want with it by been locked to itunes. I own an iRiver 140. 40 GB of songs storage for £220. ok the buttons took some getting used to and i broke the remote thingy within a week but thay was useless anyway.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 05:04   #3
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts

Minidisk player > mp3 player
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 05:46   #4
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddley_Battleship
minidisk players went out of style pretty quick. I so want an mp3 player though, but it seems i never have idle time enough outside of the house that would give me an oppourtunity to even use it. I will buy one soon though, but not an ipod. 4gb would be fine for me also.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 07:25   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Get out of my thread you disgusting idiot. Your avatar is appalling. APPALLING.

You're not a human, and you're not right.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 08:46   #6
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why? I can't see any advantages to having to carry minidiscs around with you wherever you go instead of just having about 10 times more songs already in an mp3 player

Personally I have an ipod mini. It rocks.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 13:41   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How do you recharge it? Can it be charged from USB? Or is there a little AC adaptor for it like a mobile phone? Or do I have to swap out the battery, charge and replace?

I want one =(
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 14:10   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

When I have a job I'm going to get one of them :|
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 14:35   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
How do you recharge it? Can it be charged from USB? Or is there a little AC adaptor for it like a mobile phone? Or do I have to swap out the battery, charge and replace?

I want one =(
It recharges by plugging it from the USB port to the wall
you can also recharge it by plugging it in from the USB port on the machine to your USB port on your PC, although that is much slower.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 15:49   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I can't believe you have any valid arguments to back that one up.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 15:56   #11
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
He doesn't own a computer.
How he posts in here is beyond me.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 16:03   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
He doesn't own a computer.
How he posts in here is beyond me.
You don't need a computer to use an mp3 player. I know things like the iRiver can encode to MP3 from a line in, in the same way that you can record minidisks. Some can also record from the radio.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 16:18   #13
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
You don't need a computer to use an mp3 player. I know things like the iRiver can encode to MP3 from a line in, in the same way that you can record minidisks. Some can also record from the radio.
Oh yeah, the Zen Micro has an FM Radio, and you can record it! You can also record voice, but I have yet to figure out how to do that.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 16:21   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I'm pretty satisfied with a 30gig Zen Xtra, though it does have 2 annoyingly qualities,
1] it's not plug and play, i mean you need to install the software on each computer you plan to link the zen to.
2] it doesn't charge via usb.
other than that a 30gig mp3/portable hd for £130~ (microdirect.co.uk) rocks.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 16:24   #15
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
I'm pretty satisfied with a 30gig Zen Xtra, though it does have 2 annoyingly qualities,
1] it's not plug and play, i mean you need to install the software on each computer you plan to link the zen to.
2] it doesn't charge via usb.
other than that a 30gig mp3/portable hd for £130~ (microdirect.co.uk) rocks.
I was able to connect to the Micro with Real Player (after downloading a Real Player update), the same with Music Match. It did come with software. The funny thing is when I rip a CD I have to see which of my programs can correctly identify the album and music, because sometimes one or the other wont be able to.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 16:25   #16
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Get out of my thread you disgusting idiot. Your avatar is appalling. APPALLING.

You're not a human, and you're not right.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 16:41   #17
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He's from 1998. They don't have mp3 players there.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 16:53   #18
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

I've got the zen micro too.
The battery does not deliver the promised 12-hour play time (more like 5 hours, even less if you do a lot of startups/shutdowns)
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 17:07   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
I've got the zen micro too.
The battery does not deliver the promised 12-hour play time (more like 5 hours, even less if you do a lot of startups/shutdowns)
i think there's some kind of firmware upgrade that helps (apparently there's a bug that means that with every charge, the thing decides its capacity is lower and goes to 'low battery' regardless of how much charge it has), but if you're listening to it with any volume at all it's not great, no.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 17:23   #20
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

After looking at that video clip I still think I'm going for the 60gb ipod photo.

Due to the size of the hard-disk, battery life's around 12 hours I hear, the user interface, the robustness of the unit (i've got a 15gb ipod atm), the ability to use iTunes with it, and the fact I'll be able to put my cd-covers on there (something I really miss about not using CDs anymore).

It'd be so cool if the cd-covers appear when you're browsing your albums, but I doubt that feature'll be there.

I just need to work like a dog to get the 300 quid.

Although, I'll give the iRiver a look first.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 18:01   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
He's from 1998. They don't have mp3 players there.
I had an MP3 player in 1998. It had a 32Mb flash card.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 18:08   #22
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I had more sexual frustration that I thought possible, a hatred for most people and things and more radiohead albums that possible safe in 1998.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 18:48   #23
s|k
Caveat Lector

In 1998 I don't think I even knew what an mp3 was. Of course I was in Okinawa and Korea for half the year getting drunk every night. The other half I was in Hawai'i getting drunk every night and going to the beach during the day.