User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:42   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
My current pet peeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Stupid Internet Noobie
Hi there, I'm currently using Internet Explorer and something on the internet isn't behaving like it should.

What should I do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opera/Firefox Sycophant with weight problems
USE OPERA!/FIREFOX! IE IS THE SUXOR OBVIOUSLY YOU AREN'T AT FAULT IT'S MICROSOFT AT FAULT!
STOP IT JUST STOP IT!

Seriously, I am fed up with everyone suggesting that the solution to every users on-line experience problem is because of microsoft, before we had firefox/opera and back in teh days of pre winXP when people had Windows 98/ME/2000 and encountered a problem using an OS you could be guranteed about several hundred techie sheep screaming USE LINUX!!!

Hell every time there is a critical security flaw update everyone still screams USE LINUX!!!!!

How about we stop treating the internet as, how stupid can I use it and not get totally bent over a barrel and ****ed in my ass.

When I see someone say USE FIREFOX/OPERA!!! when it comes to some actual techinical issue I see a big baby with a rattle that needs ****ing babysat, the only reason these clients are so satisfactory in your opinion is that they have so much more manpower working towards making it pick up everyone's slack... it's like hey I never got used to living without my mom doing everything for me so I naturally need an OS/Browser that'll help me do everything too cause god I don't want to be responsible for making mistakes!!!

Personally the only reasons I could see validating other browsers is purely for the aesthetic's like tab browsing... if someone does encounter a technical problem stop reccomending them a different browser to what they are using, it's a total circlejerk situation I'm getting tired of seeing. I tried to humour it with my hyper mega net responses but alas that didn't work.

How about if all you stuck up tech brats who are probably most likely to jealous of Bill gates to actually assist in making IE a better experience and instead devote yourself to another browser, actually assisted in making IE a better experience, we wouldn't have all these gay ass SWITCH BROWSER! suggestions....

That's the way I See it to be honest, Internet Explorer is only a victim of the fact that everyone who could help make it a better expereience is too jealous at all the credit that Bill Gates has been handed for making Home Computers a user friendly and instantly accessable experience and hence refuse to help but immediately jump on any other bandwagon.

GET OVER IT.

P.S. for those arguing about the corporate issues, WELCOME TO TEH WORLD OF BUSINESS IT'S UGLY AND EVERY COMPANY DOES IT.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:45   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My current pet peeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twat
blah
idiot
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:46   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

You need to find something to do.

Where's Erin?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:47   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Two high IQ responses totally taking apart my point there...

Want me to push your prams a bit for you ladies?
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:49   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Two high IQ responses totally taking apart my point there...
Quote:
Stick it in her pooper.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:50   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

No thread crossovers dork :P
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:51   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

There's no point in responding seriously to your posts Sunday as, quite simply, no one cares about them.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:52   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

That's a matter of opinion not held by the majority.

YOU FAIL AT REPLYING SKIDDY.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:54   #9
skiddy
wild one

I think you'll find in the quality of responses in this thread, its quite an accurate analysis.

You post pet peeve.

Variety of posters reply with random shit.

You still think people care.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:00   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

Retire from this thread for now Skiddy. You aren't winning any points as much as you insist.

Let someone make a proper comeback lest you drag this to 50 replies with more throwing your rattle out your pram.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:02   #11
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh get over yourself sunday. Honest to god, you couldn't be less interesting or important to anyone if you tried.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:03   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Skiddy does have a point, no-one cares what you think

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:03   #13
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

How does one go about making IE (or Opera, or MS Windows) a better experience?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:07   #14
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you could put Sunday8pm on ignore, that would help queball

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:18   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
STOP IT JUST STOP IT!.
Erm, why?

If someone says they have a problem with a product, and there is an easy alternative which doesn't have the same problem what's wrong with suggesting it? An example is the .BMP bug which IE ocassionally has.

You seem to be rather excited about this whole issue, I'm not sure why.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:25   #16
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn that Opera/Firefox Sycophant with weight problems... I miss my browser crashing constantly...
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:31   #17
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Horrible troll. No more words needed.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 22:50   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe we should all go back to using internet explorer so sunday can praise the brilliance of opera.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 23:04   #19
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

It was tl;dr, but I disagree with what I read. I gather this was triggered by this thread, where nobody even blamed it on Microsoft.

Often things will work on a different piece of software, whether or not is is Microsoft's fault, which as I say, nobody was even complaining about.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 23:06   #20
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

The first time I read that, I wasn't sure if I had taken in fully the shitness in the post, so I had to read it again just to make sure.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 23:19   #21
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Did you not have a BBC article you could link to about this? I find it hard to understand posts which don't have a BBC link as their first (few) word(s).
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 23:25   #22
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe we should all go back to using internet explorer so sunday can praise the brilliance of opera.
To be fair I did use Netscape NAvigator for the longest time back in 98....